Clockmons

Approved by The Eevee General
Clockmons

'Cause Celebi travels through time, y'know?

Clockmons is an Other Metagame based on OU which focuses on the idea of time, specifically turns. To be more exact, Clockmons doubles the length of all field-conditions in battle but also reduces the length of some field-conditions as well as multi-turn moves.

Increased Length:
· The effects of Rain, Sun, Sandstorm and Hail now last 10 turns without a respective rock and 13 turns with a respective rock;
· Electric Terrain, Grassy Terrain and Misty Terrain now last 10 turns;
· Gravity and Magnet Rise now last 10 turns;
· Tailwind now lasts 8 turns;
· Wonder Room, Trick Room, Magic Room now last 10 turns; &
· Light Screen and Reflect now last 10 turns and 13 turns with Light Clay.

Decreased Length:
· Damage delay on Future Sight and Doom Desire have been reduced to 1 turn;
· Spikes now lasts 8 turns but when first used will layer two sets of spikes instead of the usual one. Using Spikes after using it once will make it have three layers, but will not affect the time it takes for the spikes to go away;
· Toxic Spikes now lasts 8 turns, with no change to their layering mechanic;
· Stealth Rock now lasts 8 turns; &
· Sticky Web now lasts 8 turns.

What does this mean for the OU metagame?
While none of the Pokémon themselves change, the whole mid-game struggle of battles changes, with a near revival of Generation 5's weather-wars but as well as the arisen viability of new strategies, such as Trick Room teams or even Grassy Terrain, where Grass-types receive a 50% bonus to their attacks. However, we can expect a dwindling of some tactics such as the use of Entry Hazards, which have been defining over the last few generations.

Side-notes:
· Aromatisse is the most viable Trick Room setter, being immune to Taunt. It also usually takes more than one hit to KO.
· Volt-Turn teams have Electric Terrain at their disposal to play with. They could also make use of the now 1 turn Future Sight/Doom Desire.
· Misty Terrain is great for hyper-offensive teams, especially ones focused around physical attackers. Florges acts as the perfect set-up for this.
· A Gogoat with uninvested defence gets 240 DEF when Grassy Terrain is active if using Grass Pelt.
· Jirachi can wham Doom Desire when low on health.
· Rain's 100% accuracy Thunder + Electric Terrain's 50% Electric buff is handy. Same applies to Sun's 1-turn Solarbeam + Grassy Terrain.
· Misty Terrain prevents orbs from activating as well as Rest.

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I must say, this is an extremely interesting metagame. Entry hazards with a time limit is the most interesting part of this, imo. I'll be more than happy to code this (or most of it at the very least) for you when I have the free time with my college schedule and all that.

Pikachuun

Albeit there's no mention of Gravity. What gives? :(
I've messaged her about that on her profile; I'd assume she just forgot about it when creating the meta.

Also I've finished coding this meta, however there was 1 issue I found; Spikes don't show up as 2 layers when you use them without popping up 2 dialog boxes, however regardless of how many dialog boxes I've used (1 or 2), it will act as if 2 layers were placed.

The one assumption that I made is that persistence works similar to how light clay/weather rocks work. Everything else is done, and I will post the code right about now.

Last edited:

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Another fun thing to spam

CM + DD Rachi

Does Future Sight gain power from acquired boosts akin to Doom Desire?

Gravity Landorus is no longer a simple gimmick; now it can quite easily set up a sweep! It has perfect three move coverage with Earth Power, Sludge Wave, and Focus Blast outside of the ever-present Nincada, Shedinja, and Wormadam-G (lol). Seriously, this thing is great.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Gravity

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Aromatisse: 356-421 (87.6 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aromatisse: 250-296 (61.5 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pikachuun

The people who I've asked wanted there to be 2 dialog boxes, so here have the code. I will post this in the OM Code thread as well. Tested and confirmed working!

Code:
    {
        name: "Clockmons",
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: 'clockmons',
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite']
    },
Note: Delete the comma if this is the last metagame in your list.
Replace Other Metagames with whatever you like if you don't want this in the Other Metagames section.
Code:
exports.BattleStatuses = {
    raindance: {
        inherit: true,
        duration: 10,
        durationCallback: function (source, effect) {
            if (source && source.item === 'damprock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    },
    sunnyday: {
            if (source && source.item === 'heatrock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    },
    sandstorm: {
            if (source && source.item === 'smoothrock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    },
    hail: {
            if (source && source.item === 'icyrock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    }
};

The people who I've asked wanted there to be 2 dialog boxes, so here have the code. I will post this in the OM Code thread as well. Tested and confirmed working!

Code:
    {
        name: "Clockmons",
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: 'clockmons',
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite']
    },
Note: Delete the comma if this is the last metagame in your list.
Replace Other Metagames with whatever you like if you don't want this in the Other Metagames section.
Code:
exports.BattleStatuses = {
    raindance: {
            if (source && source.item === 'damprock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    },
    sunnyday: {
            if (source && source.item === 'heatrock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    },
    sandstorm: {
            if (source && source.item === 'smoothrock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    },
    hail: {
            if (source && source.item === 'icyrock') {
                return 13;
            }
            return 10;
        }
    }
};

I should learn coding.

If I could give more than 1 like, I would.
Seriously, this is freaking awesome!
Trick Room is great and stuff like Azumarill or Rhyperior definitely likes it.
Rain now lasts 10 turns w/o rock and 13 with, so Poli could easily be viable.
Same goes for sun. However, double speed abilities might expose you to TR.
Time-limited hazards seem cool too, especially Web will suffer ( not like it didn't already ).
Foresight / Doom Desire could now have an use.
Idea: what if boosts faded after 8 turns?

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
finally a meta that has nothing to do with abilities

I do like the weather time increases though, might actually bring Abomasnow back up

Also reuniclus with Magic Guard, Weather, TR, and 1 turn future sight. gg.

I'm seeing Volt-Turn being really potent in this meta. Potent 1-turn Spikes, Future Sight/Doom Desire abuse, Electric Terrain for Volt Switchers...take your pick. I'm thinking that Doom Desire/U-Turn Jirachi will be super useful. DD, then U-Turn into something as they switch to sponge the DD=instant momentum.

Idea: what if boosts faded after 8 turns?
Read: The meta is already favoring Offense. Why don't we go bust and take a big dump on Stall?

Edit: Maybe not. But Stall relies a huge part on phasing and Entry Hazard Shenanigans. Don't even get me started on extended weather.

Last edited:
Since the OP says nothing about tailwind you should definitely say what's going on with tailwind.
Anyway assuming it'll last 10 turns it'll be a great boon to offense allowing average speed mons to outspeed deo-s (full investment base 66 if jolly; 77 if adamant assuming the deo-s is jolly, but since Deo-s is banned base 66 adamants can outspeed fully invested jolly ninjask)

Also Hazards will generally be used on either HO or Stall with multiple setters.

EV

Banned deucer.
Since the OP says nothing about tailwind you should definitely say what's going on with tailwind.
Anyway assuming it'll last 10 turns it'll be a great boon to offense allowing average speed mons to outspeed deo-s (full investment base 66 if jolly; 77 if adamant assuming the deo-s is jolly, but since Deo-s is banned base 66 adamants can outspeed fully invested jolly ninjask)

Also Hazards will generally be used on either HO or Stall with multiple setters.
Well the premise is to double the length of field effects, so Tailwind would go to 6 not 10.

The purpose of this meta is to make field effects last longer, boosts provided by moves such as Swords Dance affect the Pokémon itself, not the field, so I don't think it would be a good idea.

Why does it affect only field moves, though? Wouldn't things like one-turn Fly/Hyper Beam and two-turn Endure/Grudge make sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)