XY UU Bulky Saltfest

Hi guys, this is a story about a team not fail nor stally, but happily in the middle. His goal you might ask? To kindly surprise the enemy with small talk and clever jokes, till flinching death gladly occurs.

(H)Entai (Entei) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Iron Head
- Bulldoze

Well, let's start with the big guy. This thing hits like a truck and it's able to tank hits even from mega ampharos. I was considering initially to slap a band on Entei, but Assault Vest improves its survivability (a lot) while allowing the Sacred Fire + Espeed combo. Bulldoze should allow a nice reply to bald fire types that dare switch in expecting to absorb a Sacred Fire.. The doge may seem a bit slow, but with paralysis support from Celebi it becomes a dangerous threat, and with 16 evs in speed it should outspeed uninvested base 100 and any adamant metagross.
Should i keep Iron Head for the flinches or swap it for Stone Edge? Rotom Heat walls me otherwise.

FlyInMySoup (Flygon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn

This awkward breed between a mosquito and a dinosaur has good type sinergy with Entei, the scarf allows it to scout decently and to act like a late game sweeper when all is lost. The speedy nature is a must to at least speedtie against scarftini, and Fire Blast can somewhat dent Mega Aggron, Forretress and Trevenant. Also, having a ground type helps to suck momentum away from Volt Switch spammers.. The only problem is that i shat myself against random hp ice and Mega Ampharos. So yeah.. Prediction.. Ugh.

:) (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

I cringe when i think that a fluffy thing with a face like that could bring such incredible pain.. Togekiss is a nice wallbreaker and forces switches like nothing else on the tier, it acts like a full counter against standard Hydreigon and Flygon, sets up with relative ease and it is redicolously bulky. The coverage of aura sphere is nothing to sneeze at, while air slash's role with a paralysis spreader on the team seems blatantly obvious. The only problem that i have with it is that i'm not satisfied about the current Ev spread.. This thing is a tad too slow atm, but i don't want to sacrifice its bulk. So please, let me know if someone finds a nice Ev spread for this murderous flincher.

CatFishCat (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

What's a bulky team without an indestructible cleric? Defensive vaporeon is something that you cannot oneshot with ease. It acts like a nice sponge against phisical and special attackers, it eats water directed at Entei and ice directed at Celebi, passes colossal wishes, heals from statuses, scouts with protect. Vaporeon can also switch in to protect Forretress and Celebi from fire mons if uninvested Eq or Stone Edge are feared and Entei must be preserved.

Sir Nuttington (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin

With a team like this hazard control is key, and Forretress can lay hazards or spin laughing at a good portion of the actual meta. Both Forretress and Flygon complement each other nicely as leads, becouse while the first can stack freely hazards against donphan, the latter checks Darmanitan and Victiny with Eq. Also, this nut can lure fire types in, giving Entei or vaporeon a chance to come in and do their things.
I don't know if Spikes are a better choice than SR for this team, and i'm also not sure about the Ev spread.. Should i go fully defensive? Feel free to give me your opinion.

SoF***Kawaii (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Recover

And that's where the magic happens. Thunder wave support is huge both for Togekiss and for Entei, and the investment in Spd should enable this little thing to avoid the 2HKO from Alakazam's shadow balls and to sponge electricity when switching Flygon in may seem too risky. It even acts like a viable switch into Mega Amphy tanking Dragon Pulses comfortably. Baton Pass should help to preserve momentum without making this cute fly Pursuit Trapping material, but i don't really know if this helps much against Krookodile. Again, if you know the solution to the problem i'm here to tank constructive criticism.

personally i think stealth rocks is better as hits flying and fire types, as well as ice types and you only have to set up one layer of rocks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)