ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Why would you drop flying if he is a pokemon who lives in the ozone layer and is often reffered as the sky one in the trio?
Right! That would be as if Lugia, the guardian of the seas, wasn't part Water-type... wait a minute...

Honestly I think if they made M-Rayquaza Dragon/Electric it wouldn't hurt its theme being master of the skies (of course this is going by my split Mega Evo idea. If they were to only give it one Mega I think they would keep it Dragon/Flying, I think its stats alone justifies the quad ice weakness, especially if they increase its Speed in addition to its offensive stats). So it's not like it can't be done, but they need to be careful what type the choose to replace Flying with AND justify it so tat it can remain the master of the skies.

Yeah Rayquaza is essentially the embodiment of air and the sky, much like Groudon and Kyogre are for their respective elements. Losing the flying-type just wouldn't make sense, and it's also why I want any signature moves it receives to be Flying-type (we have enough Dragon ones).

EDIT: Is anyone else curious whether or not the other Hoenn legendary pokemon will tie into the story? It seems to me like they could easily include Mega Latios / Latias's mega stone at Southern Island following the Soul Dew event.
Don't really see them tying to the main story, but having their own side story:

Legendary Golems: We might learn a bit more about why they were made. I'm going to guess that we're going to have a Regigigas somewhere in the game which we'll need to catch all the Golems for to wake-up and catch. We knew that they were made to seal away Regigigas but why and by whom? We might not get all the answer, but it would be nice to maybe explore the ruins of an ancient civilization and be told this tale by observing murals and writings on the wall, maybe similar to the Abyssal Ruins (this is the generation that introduced dive afterall, I'm sure there's some underwater ruin they can place in Hoenn for us to explore).
Latios & Latias: With them getting Mega Evolutions I'm sure they'll get a story bit, maybe not for catching them but maybe for getting their Mega Stone or Soul Dew. Maybe they could tell a sort of yin and yang story, where once Latios and Latias were one species but the genders grew apart and split into different species (thus explaining why their Mega Evos look alike, its them retaining their ancestral appearance). As for the Soul Dew, I'm guessing we'll probably have to wait until an Event to get it, but as for a story connected to it maybe they could do something with the Soul Dew being a soul of a dead Latios/Latias. Like the reason this Latios/Latias has one because you'll hear a story which eventually reveals its the soul of its dead partner.
Jirachi: I always imagined that Jirachi would have some connection to Meteor Falls, being in some canons Jirachi only wakes up when a comet passes by. Maybe they could have Jirachi learn Meteor Mash, I can see a Physical Jirachi making some use from it (Serene Grace even means it'll have a 40% chance of increasing its Attack).
Deoxys: Hmm, really the only story I want to hear about Deoxys is about who took a laser beam to the space virus it was. Was it an accident, like they were examining a space rock and the Deoxys virus was on it. Was it on purpose and they wanted to see what happened to a space virus when you shot a laser at it (or maybe they were trying to kill it fearing what an extraterrestial virus would do to Earth!)? And at the end of it it'll reveal TWO NEW DEOXYS FORMES: Physical Forme (50/180/160/20/40/150//600) and Special Forme (50/20/40/180/160/150//600). Oh, and we'd also get a way to switch between forms, either from in the lab or, the most likely place, Meteor Falls (maybe they could even link Jirachi and Deoxys's story together, like the Jirachi we catch was woken up by the Deoxys we caught when it was landing on Earth as a meteorite). Speaking of Deoxys:

I'm still wondering about mega deoxys. I'm doubtful that they would make it because they would probly have to make four mega forms, but from the pictures they seemed to have revamped the space station which could be linked to deoxys. Total speculation, but I don't think it would be fair to give mega/primal forms to half the hoenn legendaries but leave the other half out. I know gamefreak isn't about "fair", but if the other hoenn legends don't get mega evos now I don't think they ever will. Also if rayquaza has the secret to mega evolution, I would think that there would be more hoenn pokemon with mega evos if hoenn is the source.
Well isn't it obvious what they'll do with Mega Deoxys? They'll give it the best of ALL its stats: 50/180/160/180/160/180//910

I have arisen...

Okay on a more serious note, I think they can go 2 ways with Deoxys. All of them just involve one Deoxysite since Deoxys is still the same Pokemon, just in different formes. So they either:

1. They average each stat giving us a Deoxys of 50/130/130/130/130/130//700.
2. They do make a stat spread for each Forme (Mega Deoxys may or may not look just the same though):
Normal: 50/170/70/170/70/170//700 (just added +20 to each stat)
Attack: 50/235/5/235/5/170//700
Defense: 50/255/50/255/50/40//700
Speed: 50/105/92.5/105/92.5/255//700 (that's right, M-Deoxys-S will be the first Pokemon with half stats)
(Physical: 50/225/210/15/30/170//700
Special: 50/15/30/225/210/170//700)

Or, since Rayquaza came into being as a cluster of particles out in the ozone layer that gained sentience, he could, ya know, become a pure Flying type with an offbeat ability that minimizes both Groudon and Kyogre's damage output.

If they were going to do anything crazy, I would much prefer that course of action.
That's another idea, it becoming a pure Flying elemental. Tornadus already broke the "no Pure Flying-type" rule, so they could go the opposite way of Groudon and remove a type (Dragon in this case). That way we have Groudon gaining a type, Kyogre not changing type, and Rayquaza losing a type so they all can become closer to their element.

If Mega Latis are happening.
Which I severely hope they are not.
I see their Mega Stones most likely being obtained through some XY/Kalos Return Game event, due to being the only new Megas programmed into that game, and the only other things programmed in being either Event or X2Y2/XZYZ stuff.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
If Mega Latis are happening.
Which I severely hope they are not.
I see their Mega Stones most likely being obtained through some XY/Kalos Return Game event, due to being the only new Megas programmed into that game, and the only other things programmed in being either Event or X2Y2/XZYZ stuff.
It is odd that XY as the Mega Eon Duo in them yet no way to access them. When ORAS was announced I thought that was how you would obtain it, programming them in XY so the games would be compatible, but then they started releasing all new Mega Evolutions! So honestly I don't know why XY as the Mega Eon Duo data unless it's going to be an Event and they decided that XY would be able to participate in the Event as well. That said, if there is an Event for the Mega Eon Duo, it'll definitely be for ORAS (they were introduced in Gen III afterall).

It is odd that XY as the Mega Eon Duo in them yet no way to access them. When ORAS was announced I thought that was how you would obtain it, programming them in XY so the games would be compatible, but then they started releasing all new Mega Evolutions! So honestly I don't know why XY as the Mega Eon Duo data unless it's going to be an Event and they decided that XY would be able to participate in the Event as well. That said, if there is an Event for the Mega Eon Duo, it'll definitely be for ORAS (they were introduced in Gen III afterall).
The only two possibilities I can really see for Mega Latis being in XY's code is either they're leftover beta (PLEASE LET THAT BE TRUE), or they're planned for a last minute "hey guys get these cool new megas in XY!" event before ORAS' release to promote it. I can even imagine just the Mega Stone being an XY event and then you're encouraged to trade it over to ORAS for the Lati you catch there.

Does anyone have knowledge on the other legendaries encrypted in the XY game data? I originally thought that volcanion and hoopa would be XY event pokemon, but with ORAS coming soon I can't imagine that they will be, so are they in someway involved in ORAS or are they just scrapped material?

Does anyone have knowledge on the other legendaries encrypted in the XY game data? I originally thought that volcanion and hoopa would be XY event pokemon, but with ORAS coming soon I can't imagine that they will be, so are they in someway involved in ORAS or are they just scrapped material?
That's like saying Deoxys would be scrapped just because FRLG came out before it was released. They're not going to just throw all three event legends at us in the year; they're going to slowly disperse them, most likely once a year - each event legend ever since Gen 3 has gotten a movie and a whole amount of media attention surrounding it. It'd be very foolish to group all the event legends together all at once. I'm really not sure why people think just because ORAS is coming out that Hoopa and Volcanion are not going to happen.

That's like saying Deoxys would be scrapped just because FRLG came out before it was released. They're not going to just throw all three event legends at us in the year; they're going to slowly disperse them, most likely once a year - each event legend ever since Gen 3 has gotten a movie and a whole amount of media attention surrounding it. It'd be very foolish to group all the event legends together all at once. I'm really not sure why people think just because ORAS is coming out that Hoopa and Volcanion are not going to happen.
Ok, good point, I'm a fool... I do hope that when they give out event items it dosent just enable you to take a boat to an island with a legendary on it, like in gen 3, but hopefully add some kind of story line to go with them, like Darkrai in gen4.

Ok, good point, I'm a fool... I do hope that when they give out event items it dosent just enable you to take a boat to an island with a legendary on it, like in gen 3, but hopefully add some kind of story line to go with them, like Darkrai in gen4.
XY already has scenarios set up to help explain a little bit about Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa's lore. Small ones, mostly comprised of someone walking up to you and going through some tabloids about the one you just got.

Chances are, they've rewritten those scenarios over to ORAS.

Yes, but where exactly?
On the history of the Pokemon world page on bulbapedia ( link is below) it says:

Kyogre is formed by the pressure in the deep sea trenches, Groudon is formed deep inside the Earth, likely from hardened magma and earth, and Rayquaza's formed by the minerals of the ozone layer. Rayquaza proceeds to fly around in the ozone layer, occasionally coming to rest at Sky Pillar.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/History_of_the_Pokémon_world

Do you guys think there's a possibility of the regi trio receiving megas? Also, is there a chance Regigigas will be present this time around?

Do you guys think there's a possibility of the regi trio receiving megas? Also, is there a chance Regigigas will be present this time around?
For the former, I don't see anything that would hint at that.

As for the latter, hopefully, but again nothing points to it right now.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I don't think any Legendary trios will be getting Mega Evolutions any time soon, however I do think Regigigas might be placed somewhere (unless they want to keep to the myth that the people of Sinnoh sealed Regigigas in Snowpoint Temple and hid the keys (The Regis) in Hoenn to keep it from waking it up).

The great thing is that there's so much that we won't know until release. I think six more Megas could be revealed and that's where Gen V will show.

I'm not convinced Rayquaza is getting any sort of evolution. He may just drop the stones.

The great thing is that there's so much that we won't know until release. I think six more Megas could be revealed and that's where Gen V will show.

I'm not convinced Rayquaza is getting any sort of evolution. He may just drop the stones.
I have to disagree and say that rayquaza is undoubtedly getting at least one evolution, may it be mega or primal, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for him to have " the secret of mega evolution" without him actually having one himself.

The regis are quite easily the least popular legendary trio among the target audience, so I wouldn't count on it.

I think it is very likely that we will be seeing Mega/Primal Rayquaza. On the people who think that is will get things to specifically handle Primal Groudon and Kyogre individually, I doubt it. I think that if such a things happens, it will likely get a suped up version of Air Lock, one that actually gets rid of weather, prevents new weather (like the Primals), and can't be stopped by Primal Groudon and Kyogre.

As for the Regis getting mega evolutions I just don't see it. Same goes for the birds, beasts, and whatever trio uxie azelf and mesprit are in. I just cannot picture them ever getting a mega evolution. Also, I think rayquaza's ability will give him some kind of immunity like kyogre and groudons, exactly what though, I cannot say.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think it is very likely that we will be seeing Mega/Primal Rayquaza. On the people who think that is will get things to specifically handle Primal Groudon and Kyogre individually, I doubt it. I think that if such a things happens, it will likely get a suped up version of Air Lock, one that actually gets rid of weather, prevents new weather (like the Primals), and can't be stopped by Primal Groudon and Kyogre.
Air Lock already negates weather. The only way to make it better is to let Rayquaza still abuse weather boosted attacks and/or give immunities to them.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
The regis are quite easily the least popular legendary trio among the target audience, so I wouldn't count on it.
I wouldn't say least popular, their main role are to be walls so they're more overlooked for the trios who have more offensive power. If the +100 BST from Mega Evolution is focused primarily on their defensive stats I think they can become a prime choice for stalling teams (especially if they also get a good defensive ability like Filter).

As for the Regis getting mega evolutions I just don't see it. Same goes for the birds, beasts, and whatever trio uxie azelf and mesprit are in. I just cannot picture them ever getting a mega evolution. Also, I think rayquaza's ability will give him some kind of immunity like kyogre and groudons, exactly what though, I cannot say.
Actually if I was to put money on what trio would be getting Mega Evos first it would be the Beasts, Game Freak LOVES the Beasts. Besides, it's only 3 Pokemon, I would question what they plan on doing about Mega Evolutions for the Eeveelutions.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't say least popular, their main role are to be walls so they're more overlooked for the trios who have more offensive power. If the +100 BST from Mega Evolution is focused primarily on their defensive stats I think they can become a prime choice for stalling teams (especially if they also get a good defensive ability like Filter).
Regirock and Regice have horrible defensive typings while Registeel has no offensive presence, and their only method of healing is Rest. I highly doubt emphasizing their defenses with Megas would help even with Filter.

BTW 1200th post. Yay.

Yeah I'm really skeptical of mega Regis because that means that not only would all 3 have to get one, but Gigas would also warrant one and they're not gonna get rid of slow start.

At this point I'm pretty satisfied with the megas introduced as of yet. Give me Ray, Water/Fairy Milotic, and Flygon and I'd have everything I want.

I see Regigigas getting a Primal Devolution (not in ORAS, but maybe in DP remakes) more than the Regi Trio, as it would make more sense (gaining his original power and getting rid of Slow Start, even if it only gets something like Inner Focus).

It would be nice if Primal/Mega Rayquaza would get Aerilate (STAB boosted Extremespeed *¬*), but having Air Lock is OK too (or an upgraded version that makes weather just disappear, unlike Air Lock, and prevent even harsh sunlight and heavy rain from happening).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)