Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright what is a moveset, and good items to hold for these pokes?

Empoleon Modest Nature (Torrent)
Nidoking Modest Nature (Sheer Force)
Sableye Calm Nature (Prankster)
Heracross Adamant Nature (Moxie)

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright what is a moveset, and good items to hold for these pokes?

Empoleon Modest Nature (Torrent)
Nidoking Modest Nature (Sheer Force)
Sableye Calm Nature (Prankster)
Heracross Adamant Nature (Moxie)
As we already said, they are pretty much unviable. You may want to ask OU or UU.

When is the voting phase of the Gengarite suspect test going to start and end? This has been taking a long time and I can't really find the time schedule anywhere on the forum. Sorry if I'm misinformed.

When is the voting phase of the Gengarite suspect test going to start and end? This has been taking a long time and I can't really find the time schedule anywhere on the forum. Sorry if I'm misinformed.
The voting is done, so right now the votes are being reviewed to make sure that each vote is an educated vote. Since they have to review each vote, it's hard to say when it will be done, but I'd imagine that it will be done within a few days.

Just cause I'm not sure how much longer it'll take, I'll just let you guys know that the unofficial results is that Gengarite will stay. All that's left for us to really do is make sure every mod has had the chance to review posts for the principle of it but there's no way enough no ban posts would be removed to change the results.

sorry if I'm acting like a n00b here but why are the threads closed? I really wanted to ravish on how amazing it was that Primal Groudon's ability nullifies his water weakness!! Likeholyshitthatisjustuberuber!!! Is it because of the Gengarite suspect test?

Looking for someone who can give me a good moveset with ev spread, and item for these pokes:

Empoleon Modest nature
Gastly Timid Nature
Gothitelle Timid Nature

Looking for someone who can give me a good moveset with ev spread, and item for these pokes:

Empoleon Modest nature
Gastly Timid Nature
Gothitelle Timid Nature
I think you should try asking these questions in some other subforums. This thread is for questions on ubers and none of those Poekmone really apply. (okay gotha nd mega gar does but still..)

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Defensive Xerneas for aroma
Sylveon if you want to wish pass also
Unaware Clefable
Blissey

I am definitely missing a few, but this should help you get started.

sorry if I'm acting like a n00b here but why are the threads closed? I really wanted to ravish on how amazing it was that Primal Groudon's ability nullifies his water weakness!! Likeholyshitthatisjustuberuber!!! Is it because of the Gengarite suspect test?
They only end up causing clutter as discussion dies down, if any at all worthwhile even arises. So generalized threads or those concerned with play styles serve the purpose of discussion, and is more effective in encouraging such. That aside it isn't exactly encouraged to make a thread or post just to ravish praises upon something that everybody already knows, the implications of his ability are already obvious to the user base.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Deo-S doesn't if Xerneas is running the standard 120 Speed EVs. Scarf rai does though. Excadrill in sand does obviously but you generally want to use Priority, or a mon that can take most of GeoXern's coverage move and Moonblast and can hit it hard in return. Klefki can get it with Prankster T-Wave as well while being able to break Xerneas's sub with Fairy Aura boosted Play Rough.

Deo-S doesn't if Xerneas is running the standard 120 Speed EVs. Scarf rai does though. Excadrill in sand does obviously but you generally want to use Priority, or a mon that can take most of GeoXern's coverage move and Moonblast and can hit it hard in return. Klefki can get it with Prankster T-Wave as well while being able to break Xerneas's sub with Fairy Aura boosted Play Rough.
I usually just run Specially Defensive Aegislash w/ minus speed nature and Gyro Ball to deal with Xerneas most of the time. There's a 47.7% chance to 2HKO this Aegislash with an HP Fire after leftovers recovery, even worse if rain is up, in which I then either OHKO or do serious damage to it with Gyro Ball depending on how much speed the opposing Xerneas is running and finish it off with Shadow Sneak next turn if it's still alive.

What can Scarfrai actually do to Xerneas, though, especially with the +2 Special Defense Xerneas would have?

Aegislash is bad, if you're "usually using it" then you're running nothing but similar stall teams or slapping it un-synergestically on offense. Either way, you should probably optimize your building style. Scarf Darkrai isn't common or good, but it can Dark Void Xerneas to unreliably handle it or Trick it the Choice Scarf on to it so a fairy resist can attempt to deal with it.
Curious, but how is it bad when it has saved me from GeoXern each and every time I've used it? Not saying you're wrong. If there's anything else I can use that does this job better, I'm all ears.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Curious, but how is it bad when it has saved me from GeoXern each and every time I've used it? Not saying you're wrong. If there's anything else I can use that does this job better, I'm all ears.
I mean, the bottom line is Aegi beats Xern but that's pretty much the extent of what it does. There are ways to beat Xerneas without sacrificing so much.

I mean, the bottom line is Aegi beats Xern but that's pretty much the extent of what it does. There are ways to beat Xerneas without sacrificing so much.
That's true. Although, it also handled Mewtwos not carrying Fire Blast or Shadow Ball, but for the most part, I see what you're saying and I agree.

Any suggestions as to what I should replace Aegislash with to beat GeoXern? I heard Jirachi's not that bad of an idea.

Jirachi works pretty well for checking GeoXern and can also check M2, especially under rain. Klefki is the classic choice for offensive teams, letting you put Xern in a position where it can be easily revenged by a powerful physical attacker. Some people use Ho-oh, but it's really unreliable considering that Xern can screw you with a +2 Thunder or Psyshock after SR.

Jirachi works pretty well for checking GeoXern and can also check M2, especially under rain. Klefki is the classic choice for offensive teams, letting you put Xern in a position where it can be easily revenged by a powerful physical attacker. Some people use Ho-oh, but it's really unreliable considering that Xern can screw you with a +2 Thunder or Psyshock after SR.
Not to mention the rare Xern sets that run Rock Slide for Ho-Oh :/

Thanks for answering c:

Jirachi is a pretty good mon which can do so many things at once. Set up rocks, wish-pass, gain momentum via u-turn, spread paralysis, flinchax the shit out of teams...you name it. The problem with Jirachi is that it is difficult to use properly owing to so many things that OHKO it in case of mispredictions (Groudon for one). It also became weak to Ghost and Dark is gen 6, so yeah, it is going to be a tough job to fit Jirachi on a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)