XY OU OU Parashuffle Team (Without Dragonite!)

The team at a glance:

In-depth look:

Forretress
Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Good old lead Forretress. Thanks to his ability, he is guaranteed to set up at least Stealth Rock, but he usually stays more than that. Red Card is awesome, messes up the opponent's strategy and catches set up leads off-guard, letting me set up as much layers as I want and than sit and wait for them to attack me. I can almost hear their frustration through the screen.
Rapid spin is for rapid spinning, and Volt Switch is used to safely bring Zygarde in if Forretress is still alive.

Zygarde @Yache Berry
Ability: Aura Break (Might as well write "none")
Evs: 252 Def / 248 SpD / 8 Atk
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Camouflage

My para-shuffler. Not Dragonite, but does a great job: he has anything but recovery. Ground types are immune to T-Wave? No Problem! Glare can hit them all. Electric types are immune to Glare as well? No Problem! They can't touch it anyway. 4x Ice weaknesses? Well, a bit of a problem, but Camouflage usually does the job, making it neutral to Ice moves and only weak to Fighting.
Of course, he has its problems. Fairy type are an obvious switch-in and I don't have much to do with it, and the lack of recovery hurts as hell. So what can I do? You guessed it. Jirachi.

Jirachi King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Wish
- U-Turn

The best partner for Zygarde is could have think about it. Deals with Fairy types easily, and heals Zygarde easily with the Wish + U-Turn combo. He can also Paralyze, finishing Zygarde's job when necessary, and, of course, the always welcomed ability to paraflinch. Usually, when both Jirachi and Zygarde have fainted, most of the opponent team is paralyzed.
Going to try Body Slam instead of Thunder Wave. What do you think is the better option?

Heracross @Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missle
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

My main Sweeper. Monstrous 515 Attack, 4 moves with at least 120 base power each and AMAZING coverage. Everything a sweeper needs but speed. Truly appreciate the Paralyze's speed reduction. Almost nothing can pass through it.

Chandelure @Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Trick

My special sweeper, mostly here for coverage. Amazing Choice Scarf user with its 427 SpA, and can trick it away if the the para-shuffle worked well enough and speed is not a problem. Great stab coverage, and Psychic to deal with Fighting types. Great Pokemon overall.

Tyranitar black Glasses
Ability: Sand Stream
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Another monster that love the paralyze support. At first I put it in to deal with Talonaflame, but it became much more than that. Great bulky sweeper, awesome addition to the Heracross/Chandelure duo. Mainly there to counter my team's counters, closing open edges.

Thanks a lot for reading! I'm actually pretty new for all the team building, and I'd love to hear you criticism and suggestions.
Sorry for any English mistakes, it's not my native language.
Chen :)

Hey, nice team. Interesting concept. Let's get started with my suggestions:

Gyro Ball over Volt Switch on Forretress (and invest the last 4 in attack). Forretress is so slow, so Gyro Ball allows it to hit common lead mons like Ttar and Terrakion super effectively. If you change it to Gyro Ball, you must have 0 speed IVs though.

Energy Ball or HP Fighting over Psychic. Psychic gives you no coverage while HP Fighting allows you take on Dark types and Energy Ball, Fire types.

Lastly, Ttar as a pursuit trapper is not as good as Defiant Bisharp. While being more frail, is faster, better attack (i think) and the access to Defiant, allowing you to switch into Defogs and gain a +2 boost. Here's the set:

Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Hope it helps!
-PK

Hey, nice team. Interesting concept. Let's get started with my suggestions:

Gyro Ball over Volt Switch on Forretress (and invest the last 4 in attack). Forretress is so slow, so Gyro Ball allows it to hit common lead mons like Ttar and Terrakion super effectively. If you change it to Gyro Ball, you must have 0 speed IVs though.

Energy Ball or HP Fighting over Psychic. Psychic gives you no coverage while HP Fighting allows you take on Dark types and Energy Ball, Fire types.

Lastly, Ttar as a pursuit trapper is not as good as Defiant Bisharp. While being more frail, is faster, better attack (i think) and the access to Defiant, allowing you to switch into Defogs and gain a +2 boost. Here's the set:

Bisharp @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Hope it helps!
-PK
The purpose of Volt Switch is to switch Zygarde in at the end of the turn, not to deal damage, that's not why forretress is in the team.
About Chandelure, I used Energy Ball before, but I was destroyed by fighting types. If I need a fighting or grass move, I have Heracross, and I don't have any other pokemon on the team that can counter Fighting pokemon.
Ttar is not a pursuit trapper! He's a Talonflame counter.
Thanks for the comment though!

Hey chentasker, I like the concept of the team. There is a few things I think you should change though;

First off, like killbuzzer said, get rid of the King's Rock on Jirachi. It does not change the chance to flinch on moves that already have flinching as a secondary effect. I recommend replacing the King's Rock with Leftovers. Leftovers is really useful to have on Jirachi, the extra recovery can really come in handy.

I would also change Thunder Wave on Jirachi to Body Slam, just because there are so many ground types in the tier, and none of them like to be paralyzed. If you don't want to rely so much on hax, then I would keep Thunder Wave. It's all just a personal preference.

I recommend running this set on Zygarde (it's just the standard parashuffle set on the analysis). This set should work a lot better than the one you currently have. Substitute is used over Camouflage because being immune to status moves is really nice. Plus Camouflage isn't that great of a move anyway. Leftovers is chosen over Yache Berry to help with recovery. The EVs are meant to have as much defense as possible and outspeed Bisharp.
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

I hope I helped, good luck with your team!

I like the concept of your team, chentasker, parashuffle is a very annoying and effective tactic. But as always, no team is perfect, so I have some suggestions for you:

1. Looking at your Tyranitar's set, I would give it Choice Band to boost T-tar's already sky-high attack through the roof.

2. I agree with Wheezer (hey man!) and killbuzzer that King's Rock is pointless, because 1) It's to slow to put it to much use (atleast the EV spread you are running, and 2) You need passive recovery on a tank

3. Camoflage and Glare on Zygarde are pointless. I would suggest running this set:

Zygarde @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Coil

It can help shuffle while also giving you a semi win condition.

Other than that, your team looks great! Hope this helped.

Cheers,

Fr33dom

Hey chentasker, I like the concept of the team. There is a few things I think you should change though;

First off, like killbuzzer said, get rid of the King's Rock on Jirachi. It does not change the chance to flinch on moves that already have flinching as a secondary effect. I recommend replacing the King's Rock with Leftovers. Leftovers is really useful to have on Jirachi, the extra recovery can really come in handy.

I would also change Thunder Wave on Jirachi to Body Slam, just because there are so many ground types in the tier, and none of them like to be paralyzed. If you don't want to rely so much on hax, then I would keep Thunder Wave. It's all just a personal preference.

I recommend running this set on Zygarde (it's just the standard parashuffle set on the analysis). This set should work a lot better than the one you currently have. Substitute is used over Camouflage because being immune to status moves is really nice. Plus Camouflage isn't that great of a move anyway. Leftovers is chosen over Yache Berry to help with recovery. The EVs are meant to have as much defense as possible and outspeed Bisharp.
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

In addition, this team is not too shabby. I'll be sure to get back to you once I can, but have you ever considered a Sticky Web Lead?

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

This speed drop gives an Absurd boost to the danger that is Mega Heracross. Grounded mons will now be slower, and sweeps will feel a lot easier. I'd also suggest switching out Pin Missile or Bullet seed for Swords Dance. That extra attack is going to help get past defensive walls, though you'd be losing some Coverage you may want. Though, if you add Galvantula, you have nothing to throw out hazards stealth rocks. So Defensive lead TTar could be a better choice than Pursuit TTar. (Who is outclassed by Black glasses Bisharp)

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe / 216 SpA
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Though you'll lose a way to get rid of rocks, the sets of changes may help tweek your team. Try 'em out.

~ KMPE

The Kings Rock is not needed because it just adds a 10& flinch rate to moves that don't already have one.
Wow, sorry for being noob! Put in Leftovers, thanks.

HP ground is probably better to hit heatran
I have Heatran coverage in Tyranitar and Zygarde. If I replace Psychic, I'll have nothing to do against fighting types...

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

Thanks! About Zygarde, but what about Ice types? With 4x weaknesses it'd faint from any Ice Shard, wouldn't it? I don't really know to numbers but it looks like it. Anyway, I'd try it. Changed Jirachi too.

I like the concept of your team, chentasker, parashuffle is a very annoying and effective tactic. But as always, no team is perfect, so I have some suggestions for you:

1. Looking at your Tyranitar's set, I would give it Choice Band to boost T-tar's already sky-high attack through the roof.

2. I agree with Wheezer (hey man!) and killbuzzer that King's Rock is pointless, because 1) It's to slow to put it to much use (atleast the EV spread you are running, and 2) You need passive recovery on a tank

3. Camoflage and Glare on Zygarde are pointless. I would suggest running this set:

Zygarde @ Chesto Berry
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Coil

It can help shuffle while also giving you a semi win condition.

Other than that, your team looks great! Hope this helped.

Cheers,

Fr33dom
1. I'll try it, thanks. I also wanted to try Thunder Wave instead of Crunch.
2. Changed it :)
3. But where's the Glare?? That's the whole point in Zygarde...

In addition, this team is not too shabby. I'll be sure to get back to you once I can, but have you ever considered a Sticky Web Lead?

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

This speed drop gives an Absurd boost to the danger that is Mega Heracross. Grounded mons will now be slower, and sweeps will feel a lot easier. I'd also suggest switching out Pin Missile or Bullet seed for Swords Dance. That extra attack is going to help get past defensive walls, though you'd be losing some Coverage you may want. Though, if you add Galvantula, you have nothing to throw out hazards stealth rocks. So Defensive lead TTar could be a better choice than Pursuit TTar. (Who is outclassed by Black glasses Bisharp)

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe / 216 SpA
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Though you'll lose a way to get rid of rocks, the sets of changes may help tweek your team. Try 'em out.

~ KMPE
I'll try Galvantula, though the SR damage did great because of all the phazing... About TTar, I wanted him to counter Pokemon that my team can't, like Talonflame which destroys both Megacross and Chandelure. Can an Thunderbolt from TTar make it faint?

Wow, sorry for being noob! Put in Leftovers, thanks.

I have Heatran coverage in Tyranitar and Zygarde. If I replace Psychic, I'll have nothing to do against fighting types...

Thanks! About Zygarde, but what about Ice types? With 4x weaknesses it'd faint from any Ice Shard, wouldn't it? I don't really know to numbers but it looks like it. Anyway, I'd try it. Changed Jirachi too.

1. I'll try it, thanks. I also wanted to try Thunder Wave instead of Crunch.
2. Changed it :)
3. But where's the Glare?? That's the whole point in Zygarde...

I'll try Galvantula, though the SR damage did great because of all the phazing... About TTar, I wanted him to counter Pokemon that my team can't, like Talonflame which destroys both Megacross and Chandelure. Can an Thunderbolt from TTar make it faint?
216 SpA Tyranitar Thunderbolt vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 208-246 (63.6 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

216 SpA Tyranitar Thunderbolt vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 208-246 (63.6 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

120 HP talonflame though... with modest and 252 s atck ttar doesn't even OHKO after sandstorm damage
252+ SpA Tyranitar Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 236-278 (79.4 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

120 HP talonflame though...
216 SpA Tyranitar Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 208-246 (70 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

Still a 2HKO, I might have typed in HP investments by accident. Either way, it's a viable leading set that you can even run Smooth Rock, so if you pack Excadrill he'll have some time to Sand Rush some other things. Ice Beam also has a chance to OHKO both Lando and Gliscor. So it's a good and surprising set.

I recommend Assault Vest over Blackglassses because I mean you already have 4 attacking moves lol(looks like my Gen V scarf set)
Body Slam obviously :D
A parashuffle team sounds like it would be great with tons of hazards. What do you think about that?

Code:
Artiste (Smeargle) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Glare

Zylea (Zygarde) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Camouflage

Desire (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 100 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Fire Punch

Herald (Heracross) (F) @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast

Tyral (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Drille (Excadrill) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
Just made this team as a different way to go about it. Excadrill's EVs were made just in case you only had a sticky web up and you can still be faster than a slowed Greninja(Not Talon, since they fly).
You could also run T-Wave AND Body Slam on Jirachi, if you could weigh it being need to paralyze or doesn't need to.
Smeargle is the Sticky Web Rocky Paralyzer so yeah.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)