Other My first attempt at PU

What's up everyone? This is the first PU team I've built and I've had some mixed results with it. Currently my biggest issue is that I can't find room for a hazard remover and a hazard setter. I've played about 15 battles and am just looking for a bit of advice so please lmk what you think. Thanks.

Stoned (Relicanth) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Toxic

This is actually the only Poke I haven't yet used on this team yet. I recently added Relicanth over Prinplup because Prinplup just wasn't giving me the bulk I needed and I was finding it hard to pass wishes to it with Flareon. The leftovers are the biggest reason that I think Relicanth will be a better hazard setter for me plus it can hit pretty hard with the STAB Head Smash. By using Relicanth though I use the ability to get rid of hazards and as you'll see, that could be an issue. This also acts as my physical wall.

Bill's Fave (Flareon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Roar

My special wall, Flareon. Haven't gotten very lucky with the Lava Plume burns so far but I am finding it does a great job of giving the Shell Smash to Barbaracle as they predict the "obvious" switch, and then hitting them with the Roar, most often wasting their White Herb. I have found this saved me multiple times in battles from the wrath of Barbaracle. I use this as a wall as I said, but rocks damage doesn't help it's longevity.

Horny (Gogoat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Milk Drink

Gogoat completes my F/W/G core that I tend to like to run on my teams. This was a set I nabbed off of a Rykard video and it does it's job somewhat well. I've caught the Sap Sipper once or twice, and the Milk Drink really gives this thing some ability to hang around. There is a possibility that the Bulk Up set would be better but I haven't had any major issues with this set. Special hits do hurt pretty bad and if it gets caught on a switch by a special super-effective attack, it's pretty much OHKO'ed.

Wilson (Electrode) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

This Specs Electrode is running around PU quite a bit and I really love this set. It can surprisingly take some hits and with good prediction skills, can 2HKO quite a lot of things in the tier. Soundproof is a must with Chatot all over the place and it grabs that momentum as soon as a Chatot comes in. Not much I would change about this set, it would just be wonderful if it could outspeed a Barbaracle after a Shell Smash.

Weasley Swipes (Sneasel) @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Taunt

The Pokemon on my team that has probably the best nickname I've ever came up with, Sneasel is a beast in PU. If you've played PU you know it's dangerous. A lot of people end up expecting the LO set so I find Sneasel racking up a ton of Pursuit trap KOs. It's fast, it's powerful, and sadly it's my only form of priority on this team but it does it's job very well, hence why it's S rank.

The Fondler (Haunter) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Trick
- Dazzling Gleam

Choice scarfed Haunter is sometimes a revenge killer, sometimes a last resort against everything that is slower even after one speed boost (I'm looking at you Barbaracle). This thing has good special attack as it is and the scarf makes it really fast. Deals with most grass and poison types easily but I find it hard to know what has Knock Off and what doesn't so there have been a few cases where I got bopped on the switch in. I used to run Energy Ball over Dazzling Gleam and I think I might go back to it because of Barbaracle. However, no dazzling gleam leaves this team pretty vulnerable to fighting types.

So there you have it folks. As I said this is my first PU team for this gen and the tier is really wacky. You never know what someone is going to bring and literally anything can be threatening. Please give your feedback, I really appreciate it. (Also if someone can tell me how to get Pokemon sprites to pop up in the body of these posts that would be cool too.)

Attachments

Hey dude, nice team! I'm experimenting with PU and don't know all the pokes but here's my 2 cents
Relicanth- Seems fine as a lead, if you want hazard support, Id recommend it over having rocks, my opinion is it's better to have a way to remove hazards than have hazards and no way to remove them, to keep the FWG core, you can use mantine or luminion(can't spell) as a defogger. It's a toss between what you want. Mantine can tailwind before it dies and has better bulk, while luminon has worse bulk, but isn't weak to rocks, making it's job easier, and can learn tailwind and u-turn to grab some momentum.

Flareon- Sorry, this thing isn't that good of a wish passer, bad defensive typing makes this thing real meh at its job, if you wanna use this, use it offensively, but for wish passing and support, use Wigglytuff, its defensive typing is better, it's got a titanic 145 I think HP stat and meh defenses, but invest into special bulk and it is bulky as hell, it also has heal bell to get rid of status.

Gogoat- Minor tweaks, use horn leech instead of lead blade. The power drop is only a little, but the healing goes a longer way. I would run a bulky bulk up set for him and he should shine I used it and it's quite handy.

Electrode looks fine

Sneasel- Run Choice Band instead. It's already frail and would benefit more from an attack boosting item than defensive one. If you run CB, replace taunt with low kick for all those steal types. Also put the 4 HP in a defense, it's a Stealth Rock number.

Haunters also fine.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Ev: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm nature
-Scald
-Air Slash / Toxic
-Defog
-Tailwind

Luminium would be the sam except U turn instead of Air Slash

Flareon @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Ev: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
-Flare Blitz
-Facade
-Superpower
-Flame Charge ? Lol

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Ev: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful nature
-Horn Leech
-Rock Slide
-Milk Drink
-Bulk Up

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Ev: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold nature
-Hyper Voice
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Protect

Hope that helped! :]

Hey Master, thanks for the advice. I like the look of a lot of your sets. I had tried Mantine as well (forgot to mention) and I liked it but again opted for hazards over removal. I think I might try Lumineon because not only will that give me a defogger, but it will give me a nice Volt/Turn core with Electrode. Gogoat, I had a feeling would need to be changed up, I wanted to give a different set a chance and see if it caught folks off guard but I'll give the Bulk Up set a go. Will also make the Sneasel changes and try Wigglytuff because if I change Flareon to be offensive I won't have much in the way of physical defense. I should be all right without a F/W/G core.

Hey Master, thanks for the advice. I like the look of a lot of your sets. I had tried Mantine as well (forgot to mention) and I liked it but again opted for hazards over removal. I think I might try Lumineon because not only will that give me a defogger, but it will give me a nice Volt/Turn core with Electrode. Gogoat, I had a feeling would need to be changed up, I wanted to give a different set a chance and see if it caught folks off guard but I'll give the Bulk Up set a go. Will also make the Sneasel changes and try Wigglytuff because if I change Flareon to be offensive I won't have much in the way of physical defense. I should be all right without a F/W/G core.
I get by fine without fire types, just Fire coverage moves, but no problem with the help.

Actually I have another question. Would it make more sense to make Lumineon the physical wall and Wigglytuff the special wall?

Actually I have another question. Would it make more sense to make Lumineon the physical wall and Wigglytuff the special wall?
Neither of them have huge defensive stats, but it all depends, looking at it now I would. Luminiun is weak grass and electric which is mostly special, and Wigglytuff can eat those up fully invested so I support that decision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)