Pokémon Entei

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been using CB Entei+SD Mega Pinsir. It's like double dragon but its not double dragon. Basically, wear down checks, and clean with one or the other. Latias is a great complement to this core, being able to Defog and use Healing Wish to heal up so one of the guys clean the worn down opposing team. Also, the powerful priority between the two allows for revenge killing and stuff. Just be sure to keep rocks off the field.

I'm new to battling so is it okay if I post the Entei that I've been trying on Showdown?

Entei@Choice Band
Pressure
Adamant
252 Att 88 Hp 168 Spe
Extremespeed
Bulldoze
Stone Edge
Sacred Fire

I was wondering if I could take some EVs from speed add more bulk. Does Entei need that much speed?

I'm new to battling so is it okay if I post the Entei that I've been trying on Showdown?

Entei@Choice Band
Pressure
Adamant
252 Att 88 Hp 168 Spe
Extremespeed
Bulldoze
Stone Edge
Sacred Fire

I was wondering if I could take some EVs from speed add more bulk. Does Entei need that much speed?
It seems the only thing you are outspeeding are neutral base 89 or lower speeds with the only notable pokemon being excadrill, pinsir (before mega) and heracross which you could effectively run 160 evs to accomplish the same thing.

I personally run howl + 3 attacks as Bulldoze is subpar vs anything other than heatran.. not to mention locking yourself into bulldoze gives free set up on so much of current meta (genies/latis/everything not heatran). You could run life orb and still ohko your relevant speed spread counter.

Last edited:
This entirely depends on what you intend to outspeed/outslow. In this case, it is better for Entei to have Max speed so that you don't lose to the base 100 fights. Of course this is entirely up to self discretion and you can alter this based on your team composition or a particular threat you want it to always outspeed.
It can't be max speed due to the forced adamant nature, so it will lose to base 100s regardless. Mine is not meant to survive the whole match. It's there to spread burns and act as a hard hitter.

It seems the only thing you are outspeeding are neutral base 89 or lower speeds with the only notable pokemon being excadrill, pinsir (before mega) and heracross which you could effectively run 160 evs to accomplish the same thing.

I personally run howl + 3 attacks as Bulldoze is subpar vs anything other than heatran.. not to mention locking yourself into bulldoze gives free set up on so much of current meta (genies/latis/everything not heatran). You could run life orb and still ohko your relevant speed spread counter.
Heatran has been really common for me, but they do often carry air balloons so I'm still not sure. I run a banded set so even if I do howl, I'll likely have to switch out the next turn.

Well technically it can have max Speed, but you'd have to forego Extremespeed (which is kind of ironic when you think about it). I wonder if it could be worth the trade off?

i run Natural Gift with Liechi Berry (100 BP Grass move) to surprise Gastro/Quagsire and sometimes even Rhyperior. It opens the path to CharX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)