Alomomola [QC: 2/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Celebi be mentioned in Checks & Counters? It takes almost nothing from Scald, and if it gets burned/poisoned, it can just switch out to get rid of the status, thanks to Natural Cure. Celebi can then set up rocks(beware of magic coat)/NP/whatever, or hit Alomomola with Giga Drain/Leaf Storm

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
what I presumed, thanks

aim tagging you since val edited his tag into his post and tags in edits don't work
was the spread i used in wc

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 228 HP / 96 Def / 184 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i use a similar spread and that looks better, in general the physical bulk afforded by bold is rlly valuable and max spdef isn't quite as much. for example:

252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 228 HP / 96+ Def Alomomola: 247-292 (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 228 HP / 28 Def Alomomola: 296-348 (56 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

96 def is a jump point btw trc j.s

interesting spread

I do need more justification than a jump point tho, what does the hp / spdef do ?

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
iirc not 2hk0'd by sd diggerbys return and uh survives draco and tanks psyshock. also wasnt 2hk0'd by aegi lmao not that that matters now

i think knock off should be slashed with toxic since it knocking off a chansey's eviolite, heatran's lefties, landorus' life orb or even a keldeo's specs (just to name a few) is pretty nice to have for a support mon such as this :o

Knock Off is in Moves, do you feel it should be given a main slash, and if so, what with? I'm rather hesitant on bumping up to a main option, but your opinion is very much wanted.

Knock Off is in Moves, do you feel it should be given a main slash, and if so, what with? I'm rather hesitant on bumping up to a main option, but your opinion is very much wanted.
i said in my post to slash it with toxic o-o, but looking back i don't think mirror coat deserves a slash since its not as consistent as the other moves and rather gimmicky to say the least, especially if you decide to go with aim's spread which is more physically orientated.

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
i said in my post to slash it with toxic o-o, but looking back i don't think mirror coat deserves a slash since its not as consistent as the other moves and rather gimmicky to say the least, especially if you decide to go with aim's spread which is more physically orientated.
Just to let you know, currently Magic Coat is slashed, not Mirror Coat. Mirror Coat only has a tiny mention in moves.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
TRC put in aim's spread, slash knock, and put magic coat in moves

in usage tips you're kinda missing out on the point that so much of the time mola just goes straight for wish, you don't 'go for status THEN wish' you'll just go straight for wish and pass off to a teammate that may be weakened or whatever and can handle the incoming threat.

3/3

Alomomola needs teammates that can stop opponents that are trying to set up on Alomomola, because of how passive it is. This needs to be mentioned in Team Options imo.

Bulky Mega Altaria sets up all over Alomomola thanks to Refresh / Heal Bell + Roost. While it cannot OHKO even at +6, Alomomola is completely helpless against it except for using Toxic or Scald, which are completely migitated by Heal Bell or Refresh.

Serperior deserves a mention in Checks & Counters; really eats this thing up, has a possible OHKO with Leaf Storm even unboosted and uses as set-up fodder.

aim

pokeaimMD
yo trc LOL we gonna do something with this thread? i think alo is still viable with the main movesets and stuff but just remove all the uber mons like greninja and add serpior to checks and counters as above said

I would like to see Mega Zard-X and Roserade in the team options, because they have a great synergy with Alomomola, otherwise it is good.

Regarding Team Options:

Alomomola fits the best on defensive teams, such as balance and stall teams. It works very well with potent defensive Pokemon that lack reliable recovery, such as Goodra and Doublade.
Doublade is considerably more niche than it was in XY. Remove it and replace it with Heatran and Tentacruel, two Pokemon that work on stall that lack reliable recovery.

Considering that Substitute + Calm Mind is a common set on Keldeo that sets up all over Alomomola, I would change the mentioning of Alomomola switching into Keldeo to Choiced Keldeo instead of Keldeo in general (in Usage tips).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)