Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
I pretty much only play Link and Pikachu in the demo, since they feel the best to me. In response to Deck Knight's post, Pikachu wasn't exactly a heavy hitter in Brawl either, just the lack of launch is more noticeable because of how high of a % everybody can live to now. Thunder actually feels fine, especially the fact that it lands even if you're hit, and it gives you another kill option (Villager can fuck right off). Also like Relados said, Quick Attack is now a sweet move, you can use it like a sort of warp to get in on zoning characters and pressure them.
As far as Link goes, he feels like a decent zoning character, not really top-tier, but could be a neat counterpick option.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thunder is a ridiculous kill move at +80% or so, just up throw them and immediately thunder. I don't know if it's guaranteed, but I was able to get the spike from the cloud + shock from the body on my friend as link several times past about 80%. It's certainly an option that people will have to immediately dodge at the very least.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Still, Pikachu overall just doesn't feel as good. His kill options are awkward (RIP N-air) and not being able to QAC really hurt him. Also, the lack of chaingrabs hurt his low% game, making it that much harder for him to maintain stage control. I'm not even a fan of his new Thunder. It feels a lot harder to hit than it used to.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I definitely agree. Pikachu wasn't exactly a killing machine in brawl, either. Why the need for such big nerfs? I am still in love with new thunder, but it seems like pikachu just doesn't have a "style" to me right now.

Pikachu's bair could really be amazing if someone had much better control than me. Seems to trap the enemy for quite a distance off-stage that you can recover back from and most others can't.

Pic of the day. We've prepared many hats for Mii Fighters...but a lot of them are humorously designed, so it might be hard to coordinate them with flair. You could, of course, choose to not wear the hats at all... It makes me wonder--how is everyone planning to dress up their Mii Fighters? Well, one thing is for sure: the ninja headband worn by the Mii in front should look good with anything.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mew2King is a really curious type of player and person; he is probably the most known competitive player of the whole community and one of the best, he is the classic geek who spends thousands of hours playing the game in his basement to fully master it. His main downfall (and cause of most of his dramas) is his lack of social skills for example he can't stand adversity nor pressure and his reddit/ facebook posts can clearly show this and he has a lot of trouble when he tries to express his opinions about something (he ocationally mentioned this in his reddit posts) so do I respect him as a player? Yes, but do I respect him as a person? Most likely not.

Finally I found this amazing video showing M2K full story as well as his main weaknesses and personality it's a bit long but if you have the time I recommend it.

Mew2King is a really curious type of player and person; he is probably the most known competitive player of the whole community and one of the best, he is the classic geek who spends thousands of hours playing the game in his basement to fully master it. His main downfall (and cause of most of his dramas) is his lack of social skills for example he can't stand adversity nor pressure and his reddit/ facebook posts can clearly show this and he has a lot of trouble when he tries to express his opinions about something (he ocationally mentioned this in his reddit posts) so do I respect him as a player? Yes, but do I respect him as a person? Most likely not.

Finally I found this amazing video showing M2K full story as well as his main weaknesses and personality it's a bit long but if you have the time I recommend it.
That's part of a series of the 7 best smashers of back then. Really well put together and worth the watch if anyone's interested in the history of melee and the legends!

Also that stage looks so fun for casual play ;o

RIDLEY IS IN!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA ALL YOU NAYSAYERS GOT BTFO 'TOO
BIG' YEA RIGHT LOL

Too bad it's just a hack of project M... Looks good, at least. As much as I would love to see Ridley in, I think this shows his model is way too wide.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
RIDLEY IS IN!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA ALL YOU NAYSAYERS GOT BTFO 'TOO
BIG' YEA RIGHT LOL

Too bad it's just a hack of project M... Looks good, at least. As much as I would love to see Ridley in, I think this shows his model is way too wide.
Isn't that Brawl?

Judging from reviews and gameplay i've seen, the 3ds version of SSB4 honestly seems like its going to be worse than its predecessors melee and brawl. Compared to the other two games, Smash 3DS lacks a lot of content such as having no story / adventure mode, no break the targets, no event matches, no stage builder and no special multiplayer. Local Multiplayer is far worse because of wireless interference, causing problems such as lag. For Fun mode also seems borderline unplayable because of the ridiculous amount of lag I've seen online.

I'm not saying the game is going to be terrible, but it does not seem like the next-gen smash bros game we've been hoping for. Hopefully the Wii U version has all the content that was missing from the 3ds version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)