XY OU OU Synergetic Meditation

Here's a team I came up with the other day. This team took me up to around 1650, but I am no longer at that as I have been testing other teams. Let me know what you guys think of it.

The Team

Zapdos why u so tiny???​

Medicham @ Medichamite

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Moveset: Fake Out/ High Jump Kick/ Ice Punch/ Zen headbutt

When I first thought of making an actual competitive team, I knew I wanted to use Mega Medicham. Medicham has some extreme attack power and can be very devastating to unprepared teams. I used a Jolly nature over Adamant because the extra speed is more useful than the attack boost in most circumstances. A straight 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def is used so Medicham can hit as hard as possible and as fast as possible. I went for Fake Out as the first move slot so I could have some priority, as well as getting some chip damage. High Jump Kick is there for obvious reasons. Ice Punch is the preferred move for the third slot because it takes care of Gliscor and Garchomp. I went Ice Punch over Fire Punch because I already had an offensive fire type on the team, and I left out Thunder Punch because of two other electric types on the team. Zen Headbutt is the last move, which has STAB and a nifty chance to flinch. I try to make Medicham my win condition, and try to save him towards late game, although he can be useful early on against unprepared teams.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash

Nature: Timid
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 96 HP/ 120 Def/ 40 SpD/ 252 Spe
Moveset: Spore/ Stealth Rock/ Sticky Web/ Magic Coat
After deciding I was going to use Mega Medicham, I needed something to help it out with it's speed. I use Smeargle to set up sticky web to help Medicham out-speed some key (grounded) threats. Focus Sash is there so that Smeargle will not be OHKO'd and will get set up .Timid nature is used to make Smeargle as fast as possible, and the EV Spread is used to try to bulk up some of it's defenses, and make it as fast as possible. Spore is of course here to put all non-grass types to sleep so it can start to set up. Stealth Rock is the second slot to cripple threats like Talonflame and Charizard. Sticky Web is there so it can help it's teamates to outspeed. Finally, Magic Coat is used to bounce back taunts or other entry hazards. Smeargle is a very predictable Pokemon, so I try to use him in a more unorthodox manner. I rarely lead with Smeargle, as the opponent usually tries to counter lead Smeargle as soon as he sees it in team preview.I try to get Smeargle in fairly early in the game however, so it can set up for the late game. If nothing else, I try to save Smeargle even after it has set up to use it as death fodder or set up again if the opponent goes for Defog. One thing Smeargle needs gone to set up is the opponent's Rapid Spinner of Defogger, otherwise setting up can be a waste.

Scizor @ Choice Band

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8 SpD
Moveset: U-turn/ Knock Off/ Bullet Punch/ Superpower
After deciding to put Smeargle on my team, I needed something I could use to pivot into it. I decided on going with Choice Band Scizor because it has the strongest U-turn in the OU metagame. I also wanted some good utility for the team, and Scizor fits the role nicely. Choice Band is the item of choice so that Scizor hits extremely hard. Adamant nature is obvious so Scizor hits as hard as possible. With Technician, Scizor's moves get boosted and allow it to hit much harder. The EV Spread is used to make Scizor able to take hits and still dish out massive amounts of damage. U-turn is the first move, which allows me to pivot into Smeargle to set up or Rotom-Wash to form a very nice VoltTurn core. Knock Off is used to cripple Gliscor and Chansey, as well as to keep Psychic types in check. Bullet Punch is used for priority, gets a nice Technician STAB boost, and takes care of Fairy types. Superpower rounds out the moveset to get some powerful damage on Heatran on the switch. Like I mentioned before, I use Scizor as a pivot and keep the momentum going. If used correctly, Scizor can take out lots of key threats.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf

Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 30 in Atk and Def
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Moveset: Overheat/ Flash Cannon/ Earth Power/ Hidden Power Ice
Once I had added Scizor to the team, I wanted something that could take advantage of it's 4x weakness to fire. Heatran fulfills this role perfectly. I put a Choice Scarf on Heatran because most people expect the Specially Defensive or SubToxic set. Choice Scarf Heatran is a nice revenge killer, and if switched in on a fire-type move, is very dangerous. Modest nature is used so Heatran hits as hard as possible, and the EV Spread does the same. Overheat is the first move, which is extremely poweful and gets Heatran the most KO's. Flash Cannon is the second move so it can take care of pesky fairy types. Earth Power is used for opposing Heatrans who do not expect the Scarf. Finally, HP Ice is used for coverage, taking care of the likes of Gliscor and Garchomp, as well as other dragon types. I skipped out on Flamethrower and Fire Blast because coverage is more useful on this team. I use Heatran to revenge kill, but also as a common switch-in from Scizor. Since ScarfTran isn't the most common set, it can catch lots of teams off guard and end up with them losing a poke early on.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers

Nature: Calm
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/ 212 SpD/ 44 Spe
Moveset: Hydro Pump/ Volt Switch/ Will-O-Wisp/ Pain Split
Rotom-Wash is a fantastic partner for Heatran, as it is immune to ground types and resists water. I put this Rotom on the team because of it's great synergy with Heatran, and it's ability to form a solid VoltTurn Core with Scizor. Rotom is a great switch in for a lot of Medicham's threats as well, making it a good safe switch option. I put EV's into Special Defense over defense so I could take hits from heavy Special Attackers like Greninja. The 44 Spe EVs are used to outspeed Azumarill. Hydro Pump is there for obvious reasons, and provides nice damage. Volt Switch is used to gain momentum and form a solid core with Scizor. Will-O-Wisp cripples all physical attackers and provides nice residual damage. Pain Split is used to take advantage of switch ins with full HP. I went for Pain Split over rest because rest is not as reliable and can only be used once at maximum effect. Leftovers also seemed more appealing to gain back health every turn. Rotom is used to cripple offensive threats so that Medicham can sweep without fear of being OHKO'd.

Zapdos @ Leftovers

Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/ 168 Def/ 68 SpA/ 20 Spe
Moveset: Thunderbolt/ Defog/ Heat Wave/ Roost
Rounding out the team is Zapdos. I put Zapdos in because I needed something to get entry hazards off the field. I went with Zapdos over other Defoggers because I felt that with all the coverage for ground and dragon types I had, Zapdos could be used effectively. The EVs are to make Zapdos as bulky as possible, and the 68 SpA ensures the OHKO on Mega Pinsir. Thunderbolt is there for nice STAB damage. Defog is there to get entry hazards off of the field. Heat Wave is to deal with the likes of Excadrill, Ferrothorn, and other Steel types. Roost is used for reliable recovery to keep Zapdos alive for as long as possible. Toxic could be used over Heat Wave, although through experience using this team, I found Heat Wave to be more useful. I try to use Zapdos sparingly until I need rocks off the field or something like Ferrothorn switches in. Medicham is a good teammate for Zapdos as it can OHKO things like Tyranitar, who walls this set otherwise.

Importable
Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 96 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 68 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Toxic

Well there's the team, this took awhile to write up so please leave some feedback for me. I'd like to know what you guys would change.

Attachments

Last edited:
Good team, very well rounded. That heatran is a very good talonflame switch in which is essential to have when building a team around mega medicham as talonflame can wreck any fighting type.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hi, cool team.

Greetings RunRoin7, this is a pretty solid, well thought out & overall extremely well rounded team, as you seem to have most threats covered & decent type synergy, so kudos to you for making such a nice team. As with all teams, there are some flaws that I can see that quite hinder your team & can give it quite a bit of trouble. Without further ado, let's get straight into the rate. First & most importantly, I would highly recommend running a Shuckle over your current Smeargle. While Smeargle is quite a solid choice, it has 0 offensive presence. Shuckle on the other hand has some great utility moves to work with including the double hazards in Sticky Web & Stealth Rock, while Encore helps out by providing very useful momentum for your squad by giving your team a free switch to something that beats whatever is out. Next, I would like to suggest running a Defog Latias. Latias can provide two utilities that other Defoggers can't, the first obviously being Defog, but Healing Wish is a pretty amazing move as it can give your Medicham Mega new life should it be weakened & or hit with status. One last nitpick I'd like to make is using Stone Edge over HP Ice on Heatran. Stone Edge hits & gets the OHKO on Talonflame, & has a high chance of OHKOing Mega Charizard Y.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 HP / 192 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Smeargle ----------------------------------> Shuckle

Zapdos ---------------------------------->

Heatran: HP Ice ----------------------------------> Stone Edge

Good Luck!

Hi, cool team.

Greetings RunRoin7, this is a pretty solid, well thought out & overall extremely well rounded team, as you seem to have most threats covered & decent type synergy, so kudos to you for making such a nice team. As with all teams, there are some flaws that I can see that quite hinder your team & can give it quite a bit of trouble. Without further ado, let's get straight into the rate. First & most importantly, I would highly recommend running a Shuckle over your current Smeargle. While Smeargle is quite a solid choice, it has 0 offensive presence. Shuckle on the other hand has some great utility moves to work with including the double hazards in Sticky Web & Stealth Rock, while Encore helps out by providing very useful momentum for your squad by giving your team a free switch to something that beats whatever is out. Next, I would like to suggest running a Defog Latias. Latias can provide two utilities that other Defoggers can't, the first obviously being Defog, but Healing Wish is a pretty amazing move as it can give your Medicham Mega new life should it be weakened & or hit with status. One last nitpick I'd like to make is using Stone Edge over HP Ice on Heatran. Stone Edge hits & gets the OHKO on Talonflame, & has a high chance of OHKOing Mega Charizard Y.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 HP / 192 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Smeargle ----------------------------------> Shuckle

Zapdos ---------------------------------->

Heatran: HP Ice ----------------------------------> Stone Edge

Good Luck!
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll give them a try :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)