Pokémon+Tekken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This is my first thread just so you know. Constructive criticism would help me!

Anyway, some of you are aware that a Pokémon Tekken game is planned for arcade release in Japan in 2015. Being a fan of both franchises, I'd like to give you some ideas regarding similarities between Pokémon and existing Tekken characters. Note these are only for Tekken 6 and TTT2. I'd also like your opinions!

Hitmonchan;Steve Fox

This is a given. Both characters are punch oriented.

Hitmonlee;Hwoarang

This may seem odd as Hwoarang can punch effectively, but he is mostly kick oriented. I think that Hwoarang also fits better than Baek Doo San because Baek's combos usually juggle more with punches than Hwoarang's. Besides, hitmonlee can punch anyway (Mach punch).

Hitmontop;Eddy Gordo

Yes, Eddy stands on his feet. However, I feel that this fits quite nicely because Eddy has plenty of spinning kicks that he executes in a handstand. All other Tekken players would probably agree that this is the best fit for hitmontop.

Machoke;Jack-6

I do realize that machoke is not fully evolved and that Jack-6 is a robot. However, once eliminating that robot look that Jack-6 has (as well as gunshot noises upon certain moves) machoke seems to be a nice fit.

Machamp;Craig Marduk

Sure, machamp has four arms and Marduk has two. Despite that, these two fit perfectly! Marduk fights exactly the way that I'd imagine machamp to. He is also giant, and has many throws and tosses.

Breloom;Roger Jr.

This is the closest fit to breloom that we have. They both have the same kind of body shape. Some may argue that (unlike Roger) breloom's fists aren't exactly evident. But he can punch! Both have plenty of kicks exaggerating their kangaroo-like legs as well.

Hariyama;Ganryu

Ganryu and hariyama each have many palm strikes and have sumo wrestler bodies. I think that this pairing is obvious.

Sawk;Kazuya Mishima

Sawk COULD be Heihachi or Jin, but Kazuya seems more reasonable. This is because Kazuya fights more of an actual karate style than the other two. By actual I mean real or traditional. I think that this fits nicely.

Lucario;Feng Wei

This seems to fit nicely. Both have that skillful and calm demeanor. Their form is also nearly identical, and they both have many palm strikes.

Pangoro;Miguel Cabellero Rojo

Both have that bad boy dirty fighter air about them. I also could really imagine this pairing, as pangoro fighting street brawling style just seems reasonable.

Now, some more debatable ones.

Blaziken;Marshall Law OR Lars Alexandersson OR Lee Chaolan

These three are the best fits, but blaziken is hard to determine. Law has the flip-kicks, Lars has the form, and Lee has the skill. I'll leave this one to you.

Medicham;Lei Wulong OR Bruce Irvin

I realize that Bruce would make a good blaziken or even primape, but medicham somehow fits. Lei has more of the skillful atmosphere that you'd expect from medicham, yet Bruce has more kicks and knees. Whatever you please.

Hawlucha;King OR Armor King

Both being the pro wrestlers, hawlucha must be one of these. But which one?

Mienshao;Wang Jinrei

I honestly don't know if mienshao is fitting for the game due to his strange arms, but Wang would fit...

Heracross;Sergei Dragunov

This just seems wierd, but it fits to an extent. I really think heracross deserves a place, but none fit well enough. Maybe Paul Phoenix? Or Bryan?

Poliwrath;Bryan Fury

You just critique this. I have no real reason.

Who would these be?
Throh, infernape, emboar

Thanks for reading! Comment please!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I think this thread should be in Orange Islands instead of this forum.

It's kind of interesting though, since the producers had said that some Pokemon will seem familiar to Tekken players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)