Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk,-SpA)
~ U-Turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Acrobatics
~ Knock Off

-Scizor is a priority user and momentum gainer for the team. It can switch in often thanks to a decent bulk, and either U-Turn out on a switch, or Bullet Punch for a quick attack on a Fairy-type. It also forms a VoltTurn core with Manectric. Acrobatics exists for surprise and because it can be effective against paralyzed Mega Venusaur and non-physically defensive grass-types. Knock Off is useful against Pokemon who need their items, such as pokemon who run Leftovers or Focus Sash. However, it's important to know that this attack becomes weaker once the opponent no longer carries an item. I run maximum speed EVs on Scizor out of habit, but I've been considering switching to 248 HP EVs (the suggestion in the pokedex) to give more bulk for switching in. It doesn't outspeed most threats with only base 65 speed, even with maximum investment.

639.gif

"The Russian"
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD
Nature: Jolly (+Spe/-SpA)
~ Close Combat
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Swords Dance

-Terrakion is a powerful wall-breaker. Close Combat can OHKO defensive threats like Ferrothorn and Stone Edge (sometimes) OHKOs Zapdos. With a single swords dance, it can guarantee OHKOs and possibly sweep a weakened team. Switching it in on a weak attack can give it a good chance set up or retaliate. Unlike Scizor, Terrakion does have respectable speed, so maximum investment and a Jolly nature allow to hit many pokemon before they get a chance to respond. However, without defensive EVs and holding a life orb, it can't take too many strong hits before falling.-

036.gif
"The English"
Clefable @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
~ Stealth Rock
~ Moonblast
~ Thunder Wave
~ Wish

-Clefable is the strangest member of the team. Mostly run as a Stealth Rock lead, he can tank hits very well if the opponent doesn't have a Steel type, and can almost always get rocks up. Moonblast is an obligatory STAB but works well on many dragons who aren't Goodra. It can even survive a drago meteor. (Maybe one, but not two.) Maximum defense investment was my preference, so I could switch it in on physical attacks. Thunder Wave is great for fast pokemon that I need to slow down. Wish is good for healing, and useful on a team on VoltTurners and Life Orb users. Magic Guard allows Clefable to absorb status, with preferences for Burning and Poisoning, which do no damage, and allow it to tank a Gliscor's Fling or any number of predicted Will-O-Wisps.

658.gif
"The Japanese"
Greninja @ Life Orb
Trait: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Nature: Timid(+Spe, -Atk)
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Ice Beam
~ Hydro Pump
~ Extrasensory

-Greninja is a strong special attacker of the group. Protean makes every move stab, and allows a type switch to surprise opponents. Ice Beam is great for dragons, and hydro pump does major damage to almost anything that doesn't resist it. Hidden Power Grass can surprise Quagsire and Gastrodon, and OHKO. Extrasensory does great damage to poison types and fighting types. Life Orb allows it flexibility while still increasing it's damage, and max speed and a Timid nature allow to outspeed almost anything. -

530.gif
"The Arabian"
Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 136 Atk/120 HP/252 SpD
Nature: Adamant(+Atk, -SpA)
~ Rapid Spin
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Iron Head

- Excadrill is necessary hazard-remover. Hazards are deadly to a team based on VoltTurn and Life Orb, and with an assault vest, Excadrill can surprise special attackers by tanking super effective hits and scaring them out to rapid spin, or doing major damage to them with any of it's moves. Mold Breaker surprises pokemon like Gengar and Rotom-W if the opponent doesn't expect it. Rock Slide and Iron Head are nice coverage moves. Ultimately though, Excadrill is here to spin and the EVs are invested to allow survival over damage. I chose an adamant nature for that extra bit of attack power.

310-mega.gif

Manectric @ Manectite
Trait: Lightningrod (Mega: Intimidate)
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def
Nature: Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Volt Switch
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Flamethrower

- Manectric clashes with Greninja over the spot of speedy special attacker. With Volt Switch, it forms a VoltTurn core with Scizor, and Hidden Power Ice is a good coverage move, sneaking up on unsuspecting ground types such as Gliscor, Landorus and Garchomp. I prefer Flamethrower over Overheat for reliability, and often the same situations where Overheat would OHKO, Flamethrower also OHKOs. Timid Nature and Max Speed EVs give Mega Manectric over 400 speed, so it's safe to say only choice scarf or speed-boosted pokemon can hit it first. -

Threat List:

Mega-Venusaur: Mega-Venusaur is a powerful tank who walls almost all of my Special Attackers with Thick Fat. (Manectric prefers Flamethrower/HP Ice or Grass Types and Greninja solely uses Ice Beam). This is almost the sole reason I run Acrobatics on Scizor. Once weakened or paralyzed by Clefable, Scizor has a chance of defeating it.

Talonflame: Not predicting well against talonflame can be a major downfall. Only Terrakion can really resist its attacks, and Bulk-Up sets that get a chance to set up or a missed Stone Edge can be costly. Gale Wings priority + Brave Bird allows it to OHKO most pokemon on the team. And outspeeds Excadrill with Flare Blitz.

Entry Hazards: Because of VoltTurn core, and two life orbed pokemon, entry hazards are deadly. Keeping them off the field is essential. Which is mainly why Excadrill is on the team however they can be a big threat if Excadrill faints.

Other threats I haven't identified or I haven't thought of yet. This is my first team that I've felt really good about, and I'm looking for ways to improve it I haven't thought of yet. Or possibly a weakness I didn't realize could be exploited. Thank you for your rates and critiques. :)

hot gay man

Banned deucer.
I would reccomend you to try Slowbro over Excadrill. Slowbro brings many useful resistances to the team (Excadrill has many exploitable weaknesses) and he can still provide you offensive momentum with Thunder Wave (he can help you with your Talonflame weakness). Yes, you lose your spinner, so I would reccomend you to try Latias over Greninja. While she lacks the amazing speed Greninja has (still decent though), she has a higher Special Attack and she can handle Mega Venusaur pretty well. She also learns Defog and Roost, so you have a reliable hazard remover in Latias. That's it. Tell me what you think.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Defog

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower

I recommend giving bulk to Scizor, since he have a really bad speed tie, so max/max in HP and Atk is better imo, except if you want to outspeed things like Rotom or other dangerous stuff.

For a better wallbreaking power, I suggest you running sub sword dance Terrakion. This set is inmune against status moves and it will be safer to set up. As the item, both air balloon, leftovers and life orb fits well. Also taunt SR lead is good, and you will be able to run heal bell on Fable to cure it's possible status.

I recommend too using u-turn on Greninja, to keep momentum and to focus your team in a volt-turn, giving more opportunities to Terrakion to switch in and set up against walls, since is your main winning condition after physical walls are dead. You can consider Magnezone to eliminate them more easily (Ferro, Scizor and Skarm mainly), but will make necesary more changes in the team.

hot gay man said:
I would reccomend you to try Slowbro over Excadrill. Slowbro brings many useful resistances to the team (Excadrill has many exploitable weaknesses) and he can still provide you offensive momentum with Thunder Wave (he can help you with your Talonflame weakness). Yes, you lose your spinner, so I would reccomend you to try Latias over Greninja. While she lacks the amazing speed Greninja has (still decent though), she has a higher Special Attack and she can handle Mega Venusaur pretty well. She also learns Defog and Roost, so you have a reliable hazard remover in Latias. That's it. Tell me what you think.
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Defog

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower
Thanks for the suggestions! I really like Latias over Greninja. That would definitely help against Venusaur. I'm not as sure about Slowbro over Excadrill, since Excadrill helps handle Special Attacks with Assault Vest. Can Slowbro run a more specially defensive set, or is Latias good against special attackers?

Alfonzo Dragonlord said:
I recommend giving bulk to Scizor, since he have a really bad speed tie, so max/max in HP and Atk is better imo, except if you want to outspeed things like Rotom or other dangerous stuff.

For a better wallbreaking power, I suggest you running sub sword dance Terrakion. This set is inmune against status moves and it will be safer to set up. As the item, both air balloon, leftovers and life orb fits well. Also taunt SR lead is good, and you will be able to run heal bell on Fable to cure it's possible status.

I recommend too using u-turn on Greninja, to keep momentum and to focus your team in a volt-turn, giving more opportunities to Terrakion to switch in and set up against walls, since is your main winning condition after physical walls are dead. You can consider Magnezone to eliminate them more easily (Ferro, Scizor and Skarm mainly), but will make necesary more changes in the team.
I totally agree with the Scizor bulk. I think that would be more helpful than speed since it usually Bullet Punches when it comes in. Would I drop Stone Edge to add Substitute to Terrakion's set? If I do, I lose flying type coverage, but I suppose that is covered by Manectric and Excadrill. I definitely prefer SR on Clefable, because I use Terrakion for his attack power over his utility. Although Heal Bell would be helpful in the stealth rock slot. I wasn't aware Greninja could learn U-Turn, should I drop Extrasensory or Hidden Power Grass? Dropping Hidden Power Grass makes me nervous about Rotom-W, but Excadrill can usually handle him with Assault Vest and Mold Breaker Earthquake.

wouldnt technician boosted aerial ace be stronger on scizor instead of acrobatics? cause u have CB so acro only is 55 power and aerial ace is 60

You're absolutely right. I've been misreading the description of Technician this entire time. Aerial Ace would in fact be better. I thought Technician only boosted movers under 60, but it actually includes 60. oops. thanks for pointing that out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)