The UU Dark Horse Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been doing alright - this isn't the best team ever, but it's a lot of fun. CB Vic is a big pain to deal with, though... Diancie is the only thing on the team not 2HKO'd by V-Create. I'm considering swapping Roost for Pursuit on Honchkrow so I can trap him after he gets off a kill.

I've actually also been thinking of Xatu over Cress to give me some measure of hazard control. Most hazards don't bother me much, but Forretress is annoying with that troll speed and Sturdy. Heat Wave Xatu would handle that nicely.... but dang if I wouldn't miss Lunar Dance and Cress' insane bulk.

I've been doing alright - this isn't the best team ever, but it's a lot of fun. CB Vic is a big pain to deal with, though... Diancie is the only thing on the team not 2HKO'd by V-Create. I'm considering swapping Roost for Pursuit on Honchkrow so I can trap him after he gets off a kill.

I've actually also been thinking of Xatu over Cress to give me some measure of hazard control. Most hazards don't bother me much, but Forretress is annoying with that troll speed and Sturdy. Heat Wave Xatu would handle that nicely.... but dang if I wouldn't miss Lunar Dance and Cress' insane bulk.
If youre looking for something to take our forretress (and hypothetically setup TR judging by your team), why dont you try Chandelure? Itll act as a fire absorber and can set up a TR or SubCM on Blissey and Florges and has PHENOMENAL synergy with Mega Snow. Lets not forget it obliterates Forry lol

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hmm. Yeah, I'm TR, if Diancie/Cress/Dusclops didn't make it painfully obvious.

Chandelure might be worth a shot, especially since it has some offensive presence all its own. Maybe Flash Fire, TR/Shadow Ball/Fire Blast/Memento, @ Life Orb? It would mean banded Vic couldn't spam V-Create any more and let me play more recklessly with Diancie even when the opponent has Vic or Darm on their team.

Hmm. Yeah, I'm TR, if Diancie/Cress/Dusclops didn't make it painfully obvious.

Chandelure might be worth a shot, especially since it has some offensive presence all its own. Maybe Flash Fire, TR/Shadow Ball/Fire Blast/Memento, @ Life Orb? It would mean banded Vic couldn't spam V-Create any more and let me play more recklessly with Diancie even when the opponent has Vic or Darm on their team.
I meant sub out Dusclops for Chandy, i forgot that part lol

That sounds like a good option. Sub and lefties could be considered over LO and Memento since your team doesnt have too many set up sweepers. Sub blocks blissey from Toxic. That base 80 speed is actually pretty decent in TR. Run quiet nature and enough HP EVs to to tank Florges Moonblast and pop the rest into Sp Atk. Just watch out for Knock off (you do he Diance who has little fear of dark moves, another plus for chandy)

I think this switch will put you around 24% or so by dropping clops for chandy.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
I'll have to give it some thought. It's tough to imagine dropping Dusclops, who is an incredibly reliable TR setter, for a much frailer guy like Chandelure.

I might first try sticking HP Fire on Cress and see how it goes from there. It means I lose coverage against Hydreigon, but whatever - Hydreigon 2HKOs with Dark Pulse and Ice Beam was a 3HKO, so it's not like I was using Cress as a Hydreigon counter.

So, just going to give my 2 cents so far. Even in a Victini meta, cobalion can still hold its own with team support. Scrafty does what scrafty does with any boosting set!

Whimsicott is definitely my favorite DH. To say its glue is just underwhelming. Gastro is pretty cool too thanks to @RowDogs set!

Based on play test and initial battling, this is a pretty balanced team that can check or counter a good portion of the UU meta and the setup opportunities are plentiful thanks to Aromatisss and Whimsicott support. Very happy overall so far! I probably wont get too much battling in until the weekend though :-(

By the way, has anybody seen Whirlwind on Mega Aero???

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hit 1500
updating this tomorrow, gotta go to class right now
View attachment 27681

Alright I'm gonna just dump replays here since I don't want to make another post.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171042002
Clutch live by Tentacruel allows for a Rapid Spin that lets Shedinja sweep his entire team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171046812
Slowly eliminating checks to Sheddy and knocking off Arcanine's Rocky Helmet put Shedinja in a great place to sweep, resulting in a forfeit.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171047854
Sheddy is hard counter to Metagross, granting me tremendous momentum. Toxic Spikes slowly wear down Chesnaught allowing for Sheddy to wall his whole team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171051132
Surprise AV Entei claims my Rotom-H early on. Sheddy is again a perfect switch in to Metagross. Protect on Shedinja allows for nice Toxic Spikes stalling.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171142856
Toxic Spikes stalling tbh. Rotom-H didnt have a switchin. He didn't really have a good win condition that battle.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Just hit 1400, and I'll probably stop for the night. I've kept the team as above, but with HP Fire over Ice Beam on Cress. Haven't run into any more Forries since updating the team, but I also haven't really been in any situations where I've missed Ice Beam.

Also, holy crap, Specs Boomburst OHKOs Hydreigon. I mean, I know it's not a noted wall, but 92/90 defenses are actually pretty good. This is my first time using Spexploud, but I'm very impressed.

This post will be updated as I change my team/get some cool replays/update ranks

My team import / Descriptions:

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Spikes
- Final Gambit
- Bug Buzz

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Air Slash
- Taunt
- Roost

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

Ya, so spikes stacking. Accelgor isn't seen at all in UU and I really don't see why. Final Gambit + Encore deals with all forms of entry removal/hazard laying. Spikes are spikes. Bug Buzz is something I never use, but it's a pretty okish filler. Cobal gets rocks up. Taunt helps w/ anti-leading other hazard setters not names Donphan. Close Combat is stronk and helps check Luke. Volt Switch is a nice pivot move, more helpful than Iron Head imo.

Now, the offensive core. Noivern has been something I've been using recently that I absolutely love <3. Taunt + Roost beats most defensive mons (particularly Umbreon >_>) thanks to it's nice bulk + good speed. Draco Meteor is very stronk and helps me deal with slower dragons. Air Slash is a more conservative STAB that is easy to spam. Entei felt like a natural addition, since it beats steels like Jirachi that Noivern has trouble with. Sacred Fire + Extreme Speed are self-explanatory. Stone
Edge is mainly for Chandelure, tho it hits Mega-Aero too. Iron Head is filler, but it's particularly for Diancie (which is p. annoying to my team) and other Rocks I guess. Standard Krook is Standard. CB hits really hard, destroying the majority of defensive/balance teams. The speed EV's let me outspeed SR Rachi (which runs 116 EVs? iirc) and everything below. 52 HP EVs give Krook some surprising good bulk along with Intimidate. Shaymin finishes off the team, beating bulky waters (which literally manhandle the rest of my team, especially Mega Blastoise) and have a scarfer too. Dazzling Gleam + Psychic beats Hydra + Crobat and Roserade. Healing Wish works SO WELL with CB Krook, letting it take hits and deliver some early game, when the opposing team thinks they can deal with it now it's weakened, a nice 'n powerful Healing Wished Krook bulldozes the rest of their team. It's so beautiful ;_;

So yeah, I think the team is ok, nothing special, it's been working. Thanks for reading this, y'all are all awesome :)

Some cool replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171102383

Low Ladder, but still a close game (prob bc I suck lol). Scarf Shaymin gets a early Healing Wish to Krook, who easily clutches a late game clean.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171105777

Ahh, someone using Branflakes325 's Stall team. Really enjoyed reading the RMT btw :P Noivern + Cobalion made a fantastic Taunt core that put a lot of pressure on Umbreon, Spiritomb, and Clefairy. CB Krook was a consistent threat throughout the match, helping kill a big threat in Gastrodon. The 2 big turning points tho was when Accelgor was able to get Spikes and prevent Tenta from spinning (it was REALLY scary when Dazzle Gleam didn't kill tho o.o) along with me predicting the Sub and surprising my opponent with the Infiltrator Draco Meteor. Scarf Min Healwishes to Krook clean-up. Def one of the more intense lower-ladder games. Kept me on the edge on my seat o.o

(oh ye, Krook's extra bulk comes into use here too, comfortably tanking a Moonblast, along w/ surviving the Crit Moonblast after SR)

Peak: 1346 (no rank yet) 16-3

Current Rank: 1346; 16-3

Ya, I love my team so much right now, it's really fun and effective to use <3

Yet again this is my first "serious" laddering for UU so I don't even know .-.

When I play around with my DH's more, I'll start critiquing them

Last edited:
In

Alt: Bob the Bae

Team:

| 20 | Blissey | 9.58093% |
| 27 | Arcanine | 8.21179% |
| 92 | Weezing | 1.03736% |
| 85 | Virizion | 1.21976% |
| 55 | Noivern | 3.98100% |
| 68 | Gligar | 2.71406% |

Total comes to ~26.74%

Gonna change umby to vappy and forry to gligar
Changed from vappy to blissey

Last edited:
Alt stays the same, but different team:
DHs are in bold

| 218 | Ninetales | 0.05382%
| 149 | Shiftry | 0.23293%

| 27 | Arcanine | 8.21179%
| 44 | Hippowdon | 5.72776%
| 7 | Florges | 13.24506%
| 62 | Houndoom | 3.03542%
Total comes to about 30.41 unless my math is wrong
Also, thanks BenzMafia for catching my mistake earlier
Replacing Houndoom for Whimsicott, and Arcanine for Entei. I need more speed, and another Chlorophyll user will be nice, while Entei packs some good priority in espeed and helps check physical threats with sacred fire

Ending my history as a lurker just to get in on this month's fun.

10 | Ampharos | 12.10634%
39 | Celebi | 6.29728%
43 | Flygon | 5.74095%
52 | Vaporeon | 4.40905%
61 | Diancie | 3.06536%
68 | Gligar | 2.71406%
Total: 34.30159%

new alt: teleportmassive

Hit 1200 already with 8-1 record. I really do love this team!

By the way, how is everybody dealing with Mega Zam. I had to make a slight tweak in one poke, but I only saw one Mega Sam so far.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
I haven't come across any yet, although I'm not too worried - Diancie, Cress and Eviolite Dusclops can all easily tank a hit, and TR kind of screws MegaZam.

I'm mostly just relieved that CB Victini won't be plaguing me anymore.

B-Rank

View attachment 27784

I don't ever remember to upload replays, but i'll upload the next few that i get

Some nice person actually uploaded uploaded my C-rank battle for me :)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171462499

Just got 1700, I'm coming for you 1750.

View attachment 27826

Replays:
(A lot of my matches from 1600-1700 ended up with people forfeiting)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171646390
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171727148
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171738033
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171746474
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171763314
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-171764193

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Explosion on Diancie was pretty sweet. You had a great point about TR screwing over Mega Zam

Also, at 1340ish as of this morning with a 17-6 record. I shouod definitely be able to hit 1500 at the minimum tonight.

Also, screw Taunt on Hydreigon....
I have yet to see a taunt toxic roost hydreigon in a battle - I saw in mentioned in a post at some point, seems like a pretty sweet stall breaker except for fairies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)