ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, but I have yet another piece of evidence that they ARE going to update the Pokedex!

In the drawn pic featuring the Eon Duo's flying mechanic, one of the Pokemon you see is Murkrow. Murkrow is not in the Hoenn Dex. Why would they put a Murkrow in the picture if they're not catchable in the game, especially when they have Taillow and Wingull they can use? In addition, now that there's this flying mechanic, I'm adding onto my prediction:

They will not only expand the Hoenn dex, but also split it into THREE categories: Land, Sea, and Sky.
I don't think so. As far as we know, we can only fly on mega Latis. Which are post game pokémon. So Murkrow, Pidgey and all the other birds not on Hoenn's dex will probably only be found post-game and we'll have the national dex by then.

Mega Beedrill and Mega Pidgeot have been confirmed on Serebii. I almost knew Mega Beedrill was going to happen...

(First time posting on this thread, I read the rules and hope I did not break any...)

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
My beautiful Latios and Latias were not re-designed. Why Gamefreak :(!
I always found it hard to find Pidgeot in my party in any of the games where it was meant to be the main bird (R/B/Y, HG/SS) because of it's utterly horrible movepool and dismal stats. Looks like this mega is going to be helpful! Maybe if it gets a defensive boost, it could have a support set with Defog / Tailwind / Hurricane / Roost or something.

I have no doubt they will expand the Hoenn dex. All of the X/Y megas were available in the three part pre-national Pokédex.

I don't think so. As far as we know, we can only fly on mega Latis. Which are post game pokémon. So Murkrow, Pidgey and all the other birds not on Hoenn's dex will probably only be found post-game and we'll have the national dex by then.
Also if they were doing something as major as TRIPLING the Dex I think they'd have revealed it by now. Surely they would have reported on "All the cool new Pokémon you can find in Hoenn!!"

That looks way more like Giratina than Hoopa. Besides, It's way too early for a Hoopa reveal seeing as it'll probably get a movie next year
Next year's movie is confirmed to feature primal Groudon and primal Kyogre. If in 2015 we get primal Groudon/Kyogre's movie, in 2016 Hoopa's and in 2017 Volcanion's, then Gen VII wouldn't begin until 2018 and that doesn't seem likely (this means Gen VI would last close to 5 years). I don't know how they're going to do it, but waiting another year after Primal Groudon/Kyogre's movie to put out a Hoopa movie by the end of 2015/beginning of 2016 would draw Gen VI out quite a bit.

Also if Giratina were shown on CoroCoro, then it would be behind Dialga and Palkia for obvious reasons. That's probably either Kyurem seen from a huge distance, Diancie or indeed Hoopa.

But perhaps all these legendaries are coming through a... hyperspace hole? I think thats why people are suggesting its Hoopa.

But Beedrill doesn't have a horn.
It has like 5 huge spears, even though its not on its head they function in pretty much the same way- I mean, Escavalier gets megahorn and its in a similar situation (that said, it might just be because karrablast does have a horn...)

Next year's movie is confirmed to feature primal Groudon and primal Kyogre. If in 2015 we get primal Groudon/Kyogre's movie, in 2016 Hoopa's and in 2017 Volcanion's, then Gen VII wouldn't beginuntil 2018 and that doesn't seem likely (this means Gen VI would last close to 5 years). I don't know how they're going to do it, but waiting another year after Primal Groudon/Kyogre's movie to put out a Hoopa movie by the end of 2015/beginning of 2016 would draw Gen VI out quite a bit.

Also if Giratina were shown on CoroCoro, then it would be behind Dialga and Palkia for obvious reasons. That's probably either Kyurem seen from a huge distance, Diancie or indeed Hoopa.
I'd very much bet on Hoopa and Primals sharing a movie. The event legends always share a movie with non-event legends, so...

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Yes, it could be Hoopa's space hole/ time thing, that transport legendaries to ORAS.

Next year's movie is confirmed to feature primal Groudon and primal Kyogre. If in 2015 we get primal Groudon/Kyogre's movie, in 2016 Hoopa's and in 2017 Volcanion's, then Gen VII wouldn't beginuntil 2018 and that doesn't seem likely (this means Gen VI would last close to 5 years). I don't know how they're going to do it, but waiting another year after Primal Groudon/Kyogre's movie to put out a Hoopa movie by the end of 2015/beginning of 2016 would draw Gen VI out quite a bit.

Yet Bulbanews says that all legendaries are obtainable between XY and ORAS.
Which is kind of strange, as if we don't have more Gen 6 games.

Also if Giratina were shown on CoroCoro, then it would be behind Dialga and Palkia for obvious reasons. That's probably either Kyurem seen from a huge distance, Diancie or Hoopa.
My bad, I thought it was the one under Dialga's foot. It's in the Reshiram one, so it most likely is Kyurem.

But the anime people have always done this thing where they start off saying the movie was about one legend and then all of a sudden added in a new one. Anyways, Hoopa doesn't even fit the criteria to be caught at these islands (being mythical and not a straight up legendary), so why put it in the thing highlighting a place it can never be caught.

Yes, it could be Hoopa's space hole/ time thing, that transport legendaries to ORAS.

Yet Bulbanews says that all legendaries are obtainable between XY and ORAS.
Which is kind of strange, as if we don't have more Gen 6 games.
I see it more as GF rushing to make all non-banned legends - along with every other Pokémon - VGC-usable, personally.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
You'll be befriending Latios/Latias during the game and be able to use the Eon Flute to summon them.

Though you do bring up a good point about being able to catch Pokemon outside of the dex post game. The main reason I keep saying they'll expand the dex is due to the om mon Pokemon they didn't include in XY, but I completely forgot that in some games you can catch Pokemon outside of the Regional Dex in the game (mainly by obtaining the National Dex). So eitherway I'd be happy if they expanded the Regional Dex or allowed us to catch National Dex Pokemon post game. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense why they're adding Mega Evolutions of Pokemon you can
But perhaps all these legendaries are coming through a... hyperspace hole? I think thats why people are suggesting its Hoopa.

It has like 5 huge spears, even though its not on its head they function in pretty much the same way- I mean, Escavalier gets megahorn and its in a similar situation (that said, it might just be because karrablast does have a horn...)
It's because Karrablast has a horn. Same reason why Primeape can learn Iron Tail even though it doesn't have a tail, Mankey did have a tail...

WAIT! Weedle does have a horn! #MegaBeedrillMegahornConfirmed

That said it'll probably be an Egg Move.

You'll be befriending Latios/Latias during the game and be able to use the Eon Flute to summon them.

Though you do bring up a good point about being able to catch Pokemon outside of the dex post game. The main reason I keep saying they'll expand the dex is due to the om mon Pokemon they didn't include in XY, but I completely forgot that in some games you can catch Pokemon outside of the Regional Dex in the game (mainly by obtaining the National Dex). So eitherway I'd be happy if they expanded the Regional Dex or allowed us to catch National Dex Pokemon post game. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense why they're adding Mega Evolutions of Pokemon you can
Friendly reminder you can't get Mega Mewtwo, Mega Mawile, Mega Aggron, Mega Garchomp etc. until XY's aftergame despite them being advertised a lot pre-release.
And then Tyranitar and such was advertised for BW2, but hey, only aftergame.
And I'm like 99% sure you won't be able to get all these legends advertised for the sky ORAS minigame until after you've defeated Steven. I don't get the whole "well they wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't main game" logic.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Friendly reminder you can't get Mega Mewtwo, Mega Mawile, Mega Aggron, Mega Garchomp etc. until XY's aftergame despite them being advertised a lot pre-release.
And then Tyranitar and such was advertised for BW2, but hey, only aftergame.
And I'm like 99% sure you won't be able to get all these legends advertised for the sky ORAS minigame until after you've defeated Steven. I don't get the whole "well they wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't main game" logic.
Are you confusing "befriend" with "catch"? They don't mean the same thing. You won't be catching them until post game, but Bulbapedia said you'll be befriending them and be able to use the Eon Flute to summon them and take you flying through the skies.

Also when did I say "well they wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't main game"? I've said "well they wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't in the game", but I don't think I ever said the former.

I'd very much bet on Hoopa and Primals sharing a movie. The event legends always share a movie with non-event legends, so...
This makes a lot of sense. It even amounts to a pretty solid theory: Hoopa will be released next year and tied in with primal Groudon/Kyogre's movie. I remember Hoopa's lore having something to do with islands and what region is more suited for that than Hoenn?

And then 2016 there will be Volcanion's movie and event, the latter will probably be related to the locked Power Plant area that'll become accessible in X2/Y2.

Yes, it could be Hoopa's space hole/ time thing, that transport legendaries to ORAS
That would be a great explanation. I mean, they've gotta come up with something if they're really squeezing over 20 completely unrelated legendaries into Hoenn.

Looking at the art of Mega Latias and Mega Latios flying around, it appears that Mega Latias has gold-tinted eyes and Mega Latios has red-tinted eyes. Mega Latias' makes sense with its Shiny and all, but I've yet to put my finger on why Mega Latios' appear to be red; then again, it could just be an error on my part or it could be how the art is. Mega Pidgeot is intriguing, it should have some neat stats. I'm really hoping for a high Special Attack boost, Heat Wave / Hurricane / U-turn / Roost sounds like a neat set. Sadly, Mega Pidgeot does not learn Hyper Voice, so no Normal-type STAB; but Heat Wave + Hurricane gets fair coverage otherwise. Hurricane is the main selling point, thanks to No Guard it will not miss. Mega Pidgeot's design is pretty slick as well, especially its in-game model! Mega Beedrill is really... average. Its design is slick, but its movepool, typing, and stats, just cannot be saved. Unless it gets some huge ass boost to Attack and Speed and Megahorn or something, it won't be salvageable. Perhaps these two will be our first NU mega Pokemon? Looks cool!

Are you confusing "befriend" with "catch"? They don't mean the same thing. You won't be catching them until post game, but Bulbapedia said you'll be befriending them and be able to use the Eon Flute to summon them and take you flying through the skies.

Also when did I say "well they wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't main game"? I've said "well they wouldn't advertise it if it wasn't in the game", but I don't think I ever said the latter.
Unless I've been reading your posts wrong, you seem to think there's a high possibility that there'll be more Pokémon species catchable in-game just because they're advertising Megas of Pokémon that weren't originally in Hoenn.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Looking at the art of Mega Latias and Mega Latios flying around, it appears that Mega Latias has gold-tinted eyes and Mega Latios has red-tinted eyes. Mega Latias' makes sense with its Shiny and all, but I've yet to put my finger on why Mega Latios' appear to be red; then again, it could just be an error on my part or it could be how the art is.
Look at normal Latios's and Latias's eyes. ;)

Unless I've been reading your posts wrong, you seem to think there's a high possibility that there'll be more Pokémon species catchable in-game just because they're advertising Megas of Pokemon that weren't originally in Hoenn.
Oh, well in that case yes I do. Though gabriel did bring up an alternative solution that they could be made available post game when you obtain the National Dex, something which I forgot sometimes happens in Pokemon games. Either one is fine, though I would like to see the idea of them expanding the Pokedex happening.

both mega pidgeot and beedrill look good. maybe GF can take away points from beedrills special attack in order to give it more points in the areas that it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)