To Defy the End Side-Story: Frosty and SubwayJ in the Shrine of Ruin

The Shrine of Ruin

Rumors of the Shrine of Ruin have made their way to Mt Chimney in Hoenn, where the majority of the local wild Pokémon have vanished. The Cable Car comes to a stop with the two trainers sent by the growing Adventurer’s Guild of the Smogon region, to follow the advice of the Natu from beneath Mt. Coronet and find a weapon from the Shrine. However, even if the majority of the wild Pokémon in the area have gone to ground, it does not mean that all of them have...

Auric (♂)

Type:

Having recently returned from the spirit world with his friend Sterling, Auric always feels very alone, in an unfamiliar territory.

Before he was banished to the world of ghosts, Auric had lived in a far away region which even he could not remember the name of. There, he used to serve a right and just king who was the one to give Auric, Sterling, when she was just a Cupra. Things would not always stay so happy however, as the darkness would come to take over. Auric and Sterling tried to fight, but the rest of the kingdom had abandoned them. They did not back down from the enemy, even when all hope was lost! Because of their actions, Auric and Sterling were sent to the spirit world by the darkness where they spent many ageless years searching for the exit to the shadows.

One can try to befriend this duo, but it may be difficult. Neither of the pair are very trusting of anyone, and are very secluded from society. However gaining trust won't be the most difficult part of gaining Auric's friendship. Finding him is no easy task, as he is often, despite his fear of the darkness, still fading in and out of the shadows...
Now that Auric has been back in the real world for a while, he has had the chance to raise, train and connect with new team members. His trust towards other trainer's however has not changed, especially since his close call in the unfinished shrine on his search for Walker. That being said, he has made a few friends through other adventures, and trust is starting to form.

His bond with Sterling is still as strong as ever, but he is now willing to travel without her and with other pokemon more freely. It works out very well as, strangely, all kinds of pokemon seem to love Auric, despite his ominous nature and harsh attitude.

Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Special Attack)

Abilities:

Technician:
(Passive)
Friend Guard: (Passive)
Analytic: (Passive)

Stats:

HP: 90
Attack: Rank 4 (+)
Defence: Rank 2
Special Attack: Rank 0 (-)
Special Defence: Rank 2
Speed: 55
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4

Item:
Runner's Backpack (Purchased)
2* Potions
(2CC)
2* Ethers
(2CC)
1* Revive
(4CC)
6* Dream Ball
(6CC)
4* Ultra Ball
(4CC)
2* Heal Ball
(4CC)

Longsword (Purchased)

Moves:

Aerial Ace
Amnesia
Beat Up
Bodyblock
Bulk Up
Calm Mind
Chill
Cut
Detect
Dodge
Double Kick
Dragon Dance
Fake Tears
Feint Attack
Foresight
Fury Attack
Fury Cutter
Fury Swipes
Growl
Headbutt
Karate Chop
Leer
Low Kick
Meditate
Mega Punch
Nasty Plot
Night Slash
Pound
Quiver Dance
Rage
Rock Smash
Sacred Sword
Secret Sword
Seismic Toss
Sharpen
Shift
Sing
Slam
Snore
Stomp
Strength
Struggle
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance
Tackle
Take Cover
Taunt
Thief
Tickle

Fantôme the Necturna (♀)
Type:

Fantôme, at one point, was the first Necturna in ASB. As such she has much experience, traveling with Subway on many TLR's and other important battles! Due to her mysterious ways, she is always shifting and hiding, however Fantôme trusts Subway and would never leave his side!

Nature: Brave (+Attack, -Speed)

Type:

Abilities:
Forewarn:
(Passive)
Telepathy: (Passive)

Stats:
64/120/100/85/120/81

HP: 100
Attack: Rank 6
Defence: Rank 4
Special Attack: Rank 3
Special Defence: Rank 5
Speed: 70
Base Rank Total: 23
Weight Class: 3

Evolution Counters: 6/6
Ability Counters: 5/5
Move Counters: 0

Moves:

Absorb
Attract
Bind
Calm Mind
Confide
Covet
Curse
Cut
Double Team
Dream Eater
Energy Ball
Facade
Flash
Forest's Curse
Frustration
Future Sight
Giga Drain
Giga Impact
Grass Knot
Gravity
Hex
Hidden Power (Water)
Horn Leech
Hyper Beam
Infestation
Ingrain
Knock Off
Leaf Blade
Leaf Storm
Leer
Natural Gift
Nature Power
Nightmare
Ominous Wind
Pain Split
Payback
Poison Fang
Power Whip
Protect
Psych Up
Psychic
Rest
Return
Round
Seed Bomb
Shadow Ball
Shadow Claw
Shadow Sneak
Skill Swap
Sleep Talk
Snatch
Snore
Solar Beam
Spite
Spore (Sketch)
Stone Edge
Substitute
Sunny Day
Super Fang
Swagger
Swift
Synthesis
Telekinesis
Thief
Thunder Fang
Torment
Toxic
Toxic Spikes
Trick
Vine Whip
Will-O-Wisp
Worry Seed

Shadow Mend (Raid)

Total Moves: 72
MAX MOVEPOOL

Frosty @ Scythe of the Pale Rider + Simple Backpack(M)
Types: Dark/Poison
Abilities: Prankster/Simple
Nature:
Adamant

Stats:
HP:
Atk: 4 (+)
Def: 3
Spa: 0 (-)
Spd: 2
Spe: 55
Size: 3
Weight: 4
Total: 14

Backpack:
Potion *1

Revive *1

Ultra Ball *5

Moves:
Aerial Ace
Amnesia
Beat Up
Block
Bulk Up
Calm Mind
Cross Poison
Cut
Dragon Dance
Faint Attack
Fake Tears
Fury Attack
Fury Cutter
Fury Swipes
Growl
Headbutt
Leer
Meditate
Mega Punch
Nasty Plot
Night Slash
Poison Gas
Poison Jab
Poison Sting
Pound
Pursuit
Quiver Dance
Rage
Sharpen
Sing
Slam
Sludge
Snore
Stomp
Strength
Struggle
Sucker Punch
Swords Dance
Tackle
Taunt
Thief
Tickle
Toxic Spikes

Mollux [M] [Dera Zol]

Types: Fire/Poison
Abilities: Dry Skin/Illuminate(U)
Nature: Bold (-1Atk, +1Def)
Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: 1 (-)
Def: 4 (+)
SpA: 5
SpD: 4
Spe: 76
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 20
EC: ---
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

Moves (57/74):

Acid
Acid Armor
Acid Spray
Aqua Ring
Belch
Bide
Clear Smog
Confuse Ray
Dazzling Gleam
Double Team
Ember
Eruption
Explosion
Final Gambit
Fire Blast
Fire Spin
Flame Charge
Flamethrower
Gastro Acid
Gunk Shot
Heal Bell
Heal Pulse
Heat Wave
Helping Hand
Hidden Power (Ice)
Hyper Beam
Inferno
Knock Off
Lava Plume
Light Screen
Moonlight
Overheat
Protect
Rain Dance
Rapid Spin
Recover
Rest
Sleep Talk
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Snatch
Solarbeam
Stealth Rock
Substitute
Sunny Day
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Toxic Spikes
Trick
Venom Drench
Venoshock
Water Gun
Will-o-Wisp
Withdraw

Mount Chimney Summit Cable Car Station

The two trainers walk out into the cable car station on the summit of the mountain to a nearly empty room. The cable car attendant watches them as they make their way past her, weapons seathed.

The first, known as Auric, wields a sword, made in the modern age for a forgotten time. It is simple, outdated... and quite likely still very useful considering that trainers are getting into the mess of things these days. Not as often as their Pokémon, but often enough to make a difference.

The second trainer, known as Frosty, has an altogether different weapon in the space between his back and backpack. A long, curved shaft with two handles for grips gives way to a curved blade as long as the distance between his legs and head. A scythe, like the one that the being known as the Grim Reaper in stories is known for using. While such a weapon is undoubtedly normally impractical to use in reality, the fact remains that, for some outlandish reason, the weapon that this man pulled from the basement of a frozen cottage that no longer exists excludes some unknown power, allowing its finder to use it with ease.

The attendant nearby nods in aknowledgement as she resumes her duty with the cable car, due to travel back down the mountain in a half hour. Other than her, there are a couple of people present in the building. There are a couple of doors to the restrooms to one side, and near the exit to the mountain is a table with an old woman trying to sell cookies to a man, who seems to be complaining at her about something.

What do Auric and Frosty do?

Frosty , SubwayJ

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Frosty is, as usual, delusional and talking to himself. After a call from an old friend and the mention of the word "Itsumo", he retrieved his scythe from the safe, removed the dust and blood and then departed to the meeting spot with his Mollux Dera Zol. He doesn't really know why he did that though....

"And here I thought I wouldn't have to relive the memories of that Icy Forest incident, but I guess it can't be helped...."

"Mollux" (translation:"I am hungry")

"I even brought that scythe on the odd case it is useful. Although sometimes I feel it has a mind of his own. A dark mind..."

"Mollux" (translation:"I am hungry")

"Last time I used it, I almost killed a friend...and was almost killed. Maybe I should back away and avoid hurting Auric..."

"MOLLUX" (translation: ""I AM HUNGRY!")

"...remind me why I brought you, again?"

"Mollux?" (translation: "I am adorable?")

"....point. Fair Enough. How about this: we go to that old lady for some chocolate cookies. We will just have to wait a bit until she is free. Let's go there and wait so we can eavesdrop on that conversation she doesn't go away or anything"

"MOLLUX! MOLLUX LUX!!!" (translation: CHOCOLATE COOKIES CHOCOLATE COOKIES YAY!!!)

"I swear, if you eat all of them I will push you over a cliff..."

"....lux?"

"Oh...uh...nevermind"

Frosty and Dera Zol (Illuminate OFF): Move towards old lady and wait until her conversation is over to ask for cookies. Try to hear what they are saying in a discreet manner, if possible.

"Ahh, finally someone we can trust... One of the few friendships I've created in this new world."

"Even if you have been on several adventures with this one, I would advise caution."

"I understand that you wish to continue looking out for me, just as you did in the shadows, but Frosty is a friend, I can guarantee you that."

<"Hmm, I will trust your judgement this time, as I don't sense anything too bad about this duo. But in the future, I think you would do well to listen to me.">

"Regardless, let's get back to the task at hand. I think our first order of business should be to follow our allies to the old lady, it seems there is some commotion. Be ready to assist her if needed."

<"Of course, I am ready as always.">

-----------------------------------
Actions:
(BOTH) Follow Frosty and Dera Zol to the old lady, ready to assist her if conflict increases.
(FANTÔME) Attempt to use Telepathy on the customer and the old lady to learn more about the conflict without arising attention to yourself.

(Psst: You might want to give items to your Pokémon; you WILL need them.)

Deciding to give their Pokémon some air, Auric and Frosty let out Dera Zol and Fantôme from their Pokéballs. The attendant to the Cable Car stares at the group for several moments before sighing and letting out their Ralts, who sits on the counter near the car.

"I'm afraid I can't lower my prices, young man," the old woman with the cookies states, not looking away from the man in front of her table. "To make these isn't free; I've got to purchase and find the materials, and then make them into these."

"Then why is there that man standing near the lava selling Lava Cookies at a quarter of the price you're charging them?" the man replies. "I'm not parting with my money for you unless you can lower your price."

"I'm sorry, young man, I can't do that unless the cost of materials drops," the woman replies.

Frustrated, the man stomps off and out of the station.

"Cookies, dears?" the woman asks the group. "1200 for a baker's dozen." (No external cost)

Frosty:
|

Frosty | Dera Zol
Trainer | Summoned
Scythe of the Pale Rider/Simple Backpack | (none)
HP: 90 | HP: 100
Energy: 100 | Energy: 100
Stats: 4/3/0/2/55 | Stats: 1/4/5/4/76
Prankster | Dry Skin
Simple | Illuminate (OFF)
(none) | (none)
No ailments | No ailments
No stat changes| No stat changes
No other | No other

SubwayJ:
|

Auric | Fantôme
Trainer | Summoned
Runner's Backpack | (none)
Stats: 4/2/0/2/55 | Stats: 6/4/3/5/70
Technician | Forewarn
Skill Link | Telepathy
(None) | (none
No stat changes | -10% Evasion
No other | No other

Frosty SubwayJ

Frosty

=_=
no external cost? You mean it doesn't cost CC?

Also I am equipping Charcoal to my Mollux.

Also Also I have no idea of what we are supposed to do here?

*whispers to Auric* "Yo, I have no idea what to do here. Why don't you go to where that man was pointing, to that man standing near the lava, and see if you can find out anything odd here? I will try to get info from the lady here"

"MOLLUX! MOLLUX LUX!!!" (translation: OMG LAVA COOKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEESSSSS)

"..."

"Lady. Are the materials so hard to get? I mean if the lava is right there I assume it shouldn't be hard to get it. Is there anything wrong going on here?"

"Also...I would like 6 of those cookies to shut the mouth of this Moll--argh I mean, to give Dera Zol here..."

Frosty: Talk to Lady to check if there is anything going on with the lava. Mention the words "walker" and "itsumo" if necessary and only if there is a clue to directs to them. Also, buy 6 cookies if it doesn't cost CC.

Mollux: Eat 3 of the 6 Cookies (save the rest for later)
IF No cookies can be bought THEN Follow Auric to the man that guy was pointing to

Last edited:

"Commotion, why are we the ones sent to deal with it when being sociable is definitely not one of my strengths?"

"It seems that our comrades think more of you than you do."

"An all too familiar story nowadays..."

<"I suggest we try to get back to the task at hand as the young man is getting away.">

"Ahh yes, good idea."

<"(Gods, he's more absent minded than he was when I found him).">

Actions:
(BOTH) Follow young man to the man near the lava - ask about the surrounding area as well as his lava cookies .
(FANTÔME) Attempt to use Telepathy on the salesman to see if he's hiding anything during the conversation.

"Thank you dear," the old woman states, placing Frosty's money in a small box on the table before handing a box of thirteen cookies to him. "Please, enjoy."

The woman frowns as he mentions about how to get the materials. "Look dear," she admits. "True Lava Cookies aren't just dried lava; I have to use only small amounts of lava so that I don't feed travelers solid stone, and then I have to add other ingredients so people can enjoy it."

Dera Zol doesn't pay her any mind, busy eating up the three Lava Cookies that his trainer gave him.

"It's all fine up here at the summit, but... I've heard a rumor from a few passing trainers that the path down the mountain to Lavaridge Town is bare of wild Pokémon."

Mount Chimney Summit

Auric walked out to the summit! (-2 Energy)
Fantôme walked out to the summit! (-2 Energy)

Deciding to investigate the claims of the man walking away, Fantôme leads Auric outside the cable station, trying to track down the other salesman.

They don't have to look very long.

Close to the lava is a man next to a food cart of some sort, with a paper sign crafted rather terribly on it saying 'Lava Cookies'. Close to the cart is a Furret busy dragging up a pan of something up from closer to the lava.

"Lava Cookies! Come and get yer lava cookies! 1000 for a dozen of 'em! Lava Cookies!"

This could be an interesting development, if one chooses to investigate further.

Frosty:
|

Frosty | Dera Zol
Trainer | Summoned
Scythe of the Pale Rider/Simple Backpack | Charcoal
Prankster | Dry Skin
(none) | (none)
No other | No other

SubwayJ:
|

Auric | Fantôme
Trainer | Summoned
Energy: 98 | Energy: 98
Technician | Forewarn
Skill Link | Telepathy
(None) | (none
No other | No other

Frosty SubwayJ

Frosty

=_=
Sorry for the delay. Waiting on SubwayJ to return from LoA...

"Oh thanks for that lovely piece of information. Let's get Auric and check that path down the Mountain, Dera Zol."

"MOOLLUUUUUXXX" (Translation: I am Happy!!1!!!!1!!1!!one!!1!)

"Shut i--I mean, I am glad for you. Let's go"

Frosty: Get to where Auric is and move on the path down the mountain
IF
Auric happens to be talking with...like...I don't know, a Furret THEN ask Mollux to talk to that Furret about what made him sell cookies. Also smell those and see if they seem good.

Dera Zol: Follow Frosty happily
IF
Auric happens to be talking with...like...I don't know, a Furret THEN talk to that Furret about what made him sell cookies. Also smell those and see if they seem good.

Last edited:
(SO SORRY ABOUT THIS, I've been meaning to post, but only got the ability to very recently, this will NOT happen again)

"Hmm another salesperson, perhaps we can stay a bit while the others catch up?"

"I wouldn't mind a cookie..."

"Now that you mention it, we should see what makes these different from the other cookies."

<"Perhaps they are laced with poison?">

"Killing customers isn't too great for repeat business."

<"You never can be to careful...">

Actions:
(AURIC) Ask the man how he makes his cookies, specifically what makes them different from the other lady's cookies.
(FANTÔME) Watch the Furret to learn about what he is doing.

Mount Chimney Summit

Frosty walked out to the summit! (-2 Energy)
Dera Zol walked out to the summit! (-2 Energy)

Thanking the woman for the cookies, (and digging into them in Dera Zol's case,) Frosty and his companion walked outside to catch up with Auric and direct the group down the mountainside.

However, before he gets there, he hears a clattering of metal on stone, like someone dropped a baking pan.

As Frosty is walking outside, though, Auric inquires with the man selling the Lava Cookies from his cart.

"Ah," the man states, smiling at Auric with the smile of a used car salesman. "That is a trade secret, my friend! But if you want a dozen cookies, I am happy to sell them to you."

Meanwhile, Fantôme turns a closer eye onto the nearby Furret with the metal pan. At the distance, the Necturna sees the Furret approach towards the man a little before using a water-type move on the pan.

Some steam rises from the orange-turning-brown chunks on the pan. Perhaps it is following orders?

Whatever the reason, after watching the chunks turn brown and black, the Furret looks up and catches the eyes of Fantôme looking straight at it.

It drops the pan in surprise, looking scared at the Necturna's presence.

At the sound of the pan hitting the rock, the salesman turns towards the Furret, and then turns back to Auric with a fearful smile on his face. "I don't suppose we could look the other way, could we?" he asks. "I could give you a fifty-percent discount, and that's cutting my own wrists."

Frosty:
|

Frosty | Dera Zol
Trainer | Summoned
Prankster | Dry Skin
(none) | (none)
No other | No other

SubwayJ:
|

Auric | Fantôme
Trainer | Summoned
Technician | Forewarn
Skill Link | Telepathy
(None) | (none
No other | No other

Frosty SubwayJ, sorry this took so long.​

Frosty

=_=
SubwayJ we need to get this going without taking forever...

*frosty whispers to auric*

"We are getting nowhere real fast... Auric I will go investigate the path down the Mountain to Lavaridge Town. See if you can get some info with telepathy out of this furret. The cooker may be prone to some...uh....blackmailing. See what you can do and meet me there, k?"

"MOOOLLUUUUX!!!" (translation: BUT DISCOUNT!!!!)

"Ugh...and if you could get some cookies for later, that would be lovely."

Frosty: Walk towards the path down the Mountain to Lavaridge Town
IF Attacked THEN use Swords Dance to deflect what you can

Mollux: ÁCTIVATE ILLUMINATE: follow Frosty
IF Attacked THEN Protect BUT once only.

"I guess we'll have to get the info we need the hard way"

Auric: Attempt to get more info out of the salesman, appearing as sincere as possible
Fantome: Go up to the Furret and see if you can get any information, using your Telepathy if needed. If battle is initiated, use Protect.​

Mount Chimney Summit

Deciding enough time was wasted, Frosty decides to walk down the mountainside, leading Dera Zol and having him start emitting light.

Frosty walked down the mountain! (-2 Energy)
Dera Zol walked down the mountain! (-2 Energy)

This leaves Auric and Fantôme at the summit, allowing them to deal with the 'cook' as they please. The human decides to try to be as sincere as possible.

"Eh, heh, heh, you had me worried there," the salesman nervously says. "I was worried I'd have to pack up shop early. A man and his partner have got to earn a living somehow, you know."

Fantôme tries communicating with the Furret, who is... uncoroperative with the questioning.

Go away... leave me alone... if I don't move, it might lose track of me...

Mount Chimney Mountainside

While the summit had many people there, the mountainside is bare.

Oh, there are rocks all around, as well as tall grass, but Frosty quickly identfies what is wrong with the area.

The wild Pokémon. Or, rather, the lack of them.

The most obvious object in the area is a large boulder beneath a small cliff midway down the mountain.

What do the adventurers do?

Frosty:
|

Frosty | Dera Zol
Trainer | Summoned
Energy: 96 | Energy: 96
Prankster | Dry Skin
(none) | (none)
No other | No other

SubwayJ:
|

Auric | Fantôme
Trainer | Summoned
Technician | Forewarn
Skill Link | Telepathy
(None) | (none
No other | No other

Frosty SubwayJ, sorry this took so long.​

Frosty

=_=

"YO AURIC COME HERE! WE WON'T GET MUCH ELSE FROM THOSE PEOPLE!"

Frosty: Wait for Auric - Walk towards Large Boulder.
IF Attacked THEN use Swords Dance to deflect what you can

Mollux: Use Heat Wave on Tall Grass looking for wild pokemon - Follow Frosty
[ONCE] IF attacked THEN Protect
and push back

SubwayJ

Mount Chimney Mountainside

From Frosty's position, he doesn't have a good glimpse of the summit. However, it is hard to miss the large cry of something long and green as it blurs by the peak, to the sounds of lots of screaming.

After a moment, the good news is that the green blur has fled far, far, away.

The bad news is that Frosty has a sinking feeling that waiting for Auric would now be pointless...

Frosty:
|

Frosty | Dera Zol
Trainer | Summoned
Energy: 96 | Energy: 96
Prankster | Dry Skin
(none) | (none)
No other | No other

(Frosty : Due to SubwayJ 's exit from ASB, he has been removed from this Adventure Battle. Normally, I'd end the Adventure because of that, but due to no new Adventure Battles being started while its undergoing an overhaul, I am reluctant to just leave you hanging. So, I am giving you the unique option of continuing without a partner trainer. Do you wish to continue?

On the bright side, if we do continue, it will likely be faster since I only have to wait for one person before updating.)​

Frosty

=_=
*sigh* It wouldn't be the same :/ .

Also trying this with one mon is suicidal. So I am forfeiting. Good luck on the revamp. Let me know if you need help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)