ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain Dance, Waterfall, Earthquake, Coverage Move, GG.
Or alternatively be best friends with Politoed.
Battle Frontier Doubles with this and Politoed at the lead, replace Rain Dance with Protect, and something to Absorb Grass and Lightning attacks (Thund-T seems like a fun choice), and you have what I'd imagine is gonna be a fun core to play with

Ahh mega glalies design is pretty cool, although i think Froslass deserves it more. A refrigerate boosted Explosion is nothing to scoff at. Even if its gets a measly +20 to Attack, its potential as a suicde bomber are crazy...

252 Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 220-260 (64.5 - 76.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 583-687 (196.2 - 231.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Chandelure: 240-283 (91.9 - 108.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Charizard X: 297-349 (82.5 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Could be a lot of potential there, just saying!

Itemless, neutral nature 108, sure.

Because Sceptile is able to outspeed everything relevant in OU using a neutral nature, it would more likely be using an Adamant nature (only things it loses out on are Mega Manectric / MegaZam / Mega Aero), giving it a solid 350 Attack to use with SD / Blade / Quake / DClaw. All you'd have to get rid of is Skarm to be honest.

Getting back to less competitive discussion, I'm really hoping the other regional versions of the demo include other Megas. I'm still waiting on Mega Flygon and Milotic.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
As you may remember, we can actually battle in the sky. Looks like we'll spot a flocks of indistinguishable flying Pokemon in the sky and if we touch one we'll enter a battle with it. However, its a normal battle. That's right, just like when battling on the water or underwater, even though your Pokemon doesn't have what it needs to do to technically battle in this type of environment it can anyway. Maybe Mega Latios/Mega Latias are holding up your Pokemon with its psychic powers or is creating a platform made of wind that's stable enough to stand on?

SEEMS LEGIT! Though now this is really making me want to use a Diglett/Dugtrio...

But that's not the only thing in the skies! The Mystical Places have been translated to as Mirage Spots (a better name since, as I noted, "Mystical" is what the Event Pokemon are called). After fulfilling a certain condition a Mirage Spot will appear in one of two ways: a dark cloud in the sky or a twinkle on on an unknown island.

The f*** is that?

Go into an unknown place that suddenly appeared and I'm getting an eerie presence of something there and watching me?... WHO WOULDN'T!

TO ADVENTURE! YOLO! I REGRET NOTHING!

To finish our wrap of of the Eon Duo, let's not forget about the Eon Ticket!

Kind of wished they made it look like the real life Eon Ticket, but whatever.

Now in the original game, to get the ticket (without mixing records) you needed two GBAs, one with the game you want the Ticket in and another with the eReader, and a link cable. Connect the GBAs, slash the real life Eon Ticket you needed to get from live Events through the eReader, and it'll send the Eon Ticket over to your game in the other GBA. Once you got the the Eon Ticket you just went to Lilycove City Harbor, flashed it to the S.S. Tidal attendant, and then they'll take you to Southern Island. Yeah, was a bit complicated but it worked. Obviously, they changed things in ORAS:

1. The Eon Ticket is going to be a serial code given out who knows how.
2. Obtain the Eon Ticket from the delivery girl and she'll tell you that your father, Norman, knows what ferry you'll need to take.

3. Upon talking with your father, he'll then take you to the ferry you need to go on.

4. Once you hop onto the (invisible) boat, you'll be taken to Southern Island.

But we're not told anything after that. Is there much more to Southern Island than the original game had? Well we won't know until they have the event. However that's all for the Eon Duo stuff!

COOL FEATURES - The Pokemon Global Link:

First off it updates that we can do stuff we were able to do in XY like connect with Game Sync, Rating Battles, Online Competitions, get Poke Miles, and display a Logbook of your adventure. However it does have a few exclusive things for ORAS, like being able to display your Secret Base's QR Code so others can visit it and upload images you took during Pokemon Contests Spectaculars. However I'm sure what everyone here will be interested to know about is the PGL Rating Battles:

There looks to be two kinds of PGL Rating Battles. ORAS and XY will be two different leagues. The ORAS League will only be accessible through Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire and you can use Pokemon caught, hatched, given, and/or gifted in ORAS AND XY (this means only Pokemon with a pentagon are allowed). The XY League is only accessible to XY and you can only use Pokemon from XY and/or transported over via Poke Transporter.

So yeah, looks like their going to remove the limits they put on XY BUT I'm guessing that many official tournaments are now going to be held in the ORAS League.

Did I mention this was a big update? Well it is, so big that I need to do a THIRD post to wrap this whole entire thing up! Seeya next post!

Geez, didn't know this would be such an argument. e_e
Keldeo is better off running a CM or Choice set anyway, so there's not much of a point in the first place.
Not that it'll be its main set or anything, but I really do see Swords Dance + Leaf Blade/Dragon Claw + Drain Punch/Earthquake + Leaf Storm being a fun set, or something like that. Swords Dance has worked for him in the past...

Anyway.

From Serebii:Edit @ 18:39: Interview at USGamer confirms that Trainer Customisation is not in this game
At first I thought the guy in Meteor Falls was baiting. I wonder why they didn't put it in?

Quoting serebii:
"It has also been confirmed in an interview with NTower that, although X & Y are compatible with Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, X & Y will not receive a patch to include the new."

So no patch after all.

i got +39 Attack, +39 Special Attack, +22 Speed when i calculated Glalie stats
since it got +32 atk and spatk and +18 speed
who did the math right? and where did i do wrong if im wrong....

Quoting serebii:
"It has also been confirmed in an interview with NTower that, although X & Y are compatible with Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, X & Y will not receive a patch to include the new."

So no patch after all.
I remember reading shortly before/after X & Y were released that Game Freak stated they were not going to get gameplay-based patches (New pokemon or moves, rebalancing, etc.) so I'm not surprised

Very interesting details thus far, I guess more mechanics-related stuff will be answered later (such as in the case of having both Eon Pokemon, can you fly on it, or is it fixed)...but hoo boy, those Mega Evolutions. I have no doubt more Mega Evolutions will be coming in as the days go on, so keep your eyes and ears peeled!

Sucks we have to wait a week but at least it seems like they are not limiting the number of codes like other countries. why wait til the day before the release in other countries to announce it though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)