ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any confirmation that ORAS will contain every single XY mega evolution? I'm sure it won't have every single XY mega stone since it's got many mega stones of its own, but I was thinking... I know that would be a weird move, but since they're creating an XY and an ORAS League, maybe they won't program some megas into ORAS so XY doesn't completely lose out. Only that would keep XY from fading into obscurity (and trainer customisation to an extent). But that would suck.
I hadn't even considered that, realising that we can't transfer items unless we can trade between XY and ORAS. I hope that we keep XY evolutions though, and it makes sense to me. This is mere speculation and pretty weak reasoning but it goes as thus: In the anime special of mega evolutions we have that guy who's name I forget with the MZard going to Hoenn to kill every Hoenn Mega. Therefore the games are similar...? Whether we'll find XY stones in ORAS or they will be transferable who knows, but we can dream right?

Do we have any confirmation that ORAS will contain every single XY mega evolution? I'm sure it won't have every single XY mega stone since it's got many mega stones of its own, but I was thinking... I know that would be a weird move, but since they're creating an XY and an ORAS League, maybe they won't program some megas into ORAS so XY doesn't completely lose out. Only that would keep XY from fading into obscurity (and trainer customisation to an extent). But that would suck.
Not programming all the XY Megas into ORAS would be a bad move imo. It essentially means you don't have access to old Pokémon in any way shape or form. HGSS kept the Giratina and Rotom forms introduced in Platinum, thankfully, hard as they were to access. I can definitely imagine that not all XY Mega Stones can be found in the game - the only one I can think of that'd definitely be in would be Mawilite - but to have them not actually programmed in the game? I see no point.

I know but... why 2 leagues then if ORAS is just going to be everything XY has and some more? And seeing that ORAS is going to have a similar number of megas to XY, it's like each game is supposed to have a set number of ME. It would be interesting in that it could create two tiering systems.

But it would suck in every other regard. Not being able to use most of the megas you got used to... I have to agree it would be a bad move.

I know but... why 2 leagues then if ORAS is just going to be everything XY has and some more? And seeing that ORAS is going to have a similar number of megas to XY, it's like each game is supposed to have a set number of ME. It would be interesting in that it could create two official tiering systems.

But it would suck in every other regard. Not being able to use most of the megas you got used to... I have to agree it would be a bad move.
I guess they want to implement something like the rotations in the TCG - the ORAS league (ORAS and XY) being Standard and the second league (RSE up to XY) being Unlimited

I know but... why 2 leagues then if ORAS is just going to be everything XY has and some more? And seeing that ORAS is going to have a similar number of megas to XY, it's like each game is supposed to have a set number of ME. It would be interesting in that it could create two tiering systems.

Simple: XY doesn't have the Megas and Primals that ORAS does, but there will still be people who play XY and don't get/can't get ORAS, so the XY league would be to have them not be left out.

Simple: XY doesn't have the Megas and Primals that ORAS does, but there will still be people who play XY and don't get/can't get ORAS, so the XY league would be to have them not be left out.
That's great for the XY people, and I'm sure that there are people who will be all for that, but now I'm worried about it also working the other way around. That XY megas don't make an appearance in/are transferable to ORAS. That can't happen... right? D:

Also I don't think that they can add MSceptile and MSwampert without re-releasing MBlaziken. Just finding evidence to keep my dreams alive.

That's great for the XY people, and I'm sure that there are people who will be all for that, but now I'm worried about it also working the other way around. That XY megas don't make an appearance in/are transferable to ORAS. That can't happen... right? D:
It would, admittedly, certainly explain why there's so many Megas not connected to Hoenn in any way shape or form in the Ruby Sapphire remake... I guess the possibility's there, and I can't discount it. Hell, I'm the guy who thought Mega Latis were just leftover data and wouldn't actually happen. Not gonna make that mistake again, but I severely hope what's being stated here isn't the case.

Also I don't think that they can add MSceptile and MSwampert without re-releasing MBlaziken. Just finding evidence to keep my dreams alive.
Mega Latis are available in XY even though they're ORAS megas, so that doesn't really prove anything.

But would GF really restrict access to ME? On the other hand, restricting some XY megas would help ORAS' megas stand out. So yeah, it's possibility, but it's also a daring move that is almost guaranteed to result in fan backlash, so I'd say it's more unlikely than likely.

I just want to point out that there is nothing stopping anyone from using Pokebank to transfer everything minus items into ORAS day 1.
How do you know that?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you want to discuss the two new PGL leagues, the Battle Spot forum has a metagame discussion thread for that: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-spot-in-the-or-as-era-two-metas-one-generation.3519701/

Please stop spreading misinformation. XY is fully compatible with ORAS except for the separate leagues and probably being unable to trade the new Mega stones to XY. Nothing indicates any obstacles to XY > OR/AS trading which means existing Megas will be allowed in OR/AS rated play. All the new leagues mean is that you can't use pre-gen 6 mons in the OR/AS league, aka KB-only.

EDIT: Also, upon Pokebank's release, GF has made multiple statements that Pokebank will be compatible with all future games after XY. Honestly, making any claim that Pokebank will not be compatible with OR/AS is total bullshit.

Onto what I wanted to post.....

This is the map of Hoenn shown in the new trailer and while there is in an island in the southeast, I don't see any flight point where the Battle Frontier formerly was. This makes me sad and cynical about the return of the Battle Frontier :(

upload_2014-10-14_18-31-19.png

^ Age of Kings, Remember that the battle frontier flying spot wasn't present on Emerald's map until your first visit there. Judging by the shading of eastern Hoenn on that picture, they have yet to complete the game.

EDIT: I will, however, point out that your map has 5 new spots. 2 are west of sootopolis, 2 are south, and there is the 1 just south of Ever Grande. Southern Island has a spot on it as well but the official site implies that you'll go there during regular gameplay anyway, and the ticket is to revisit the island for the second Lati.

Last edited:
^Remember that the battle frontier flying spot wasn't present on Emerald's map until your first visit there. Judging by the shading of eastern Hoenn on that picture, they have yet to complete the game.

EDIT: I will, however, point out that your map has 5 new spots. 2 are west of sootopolis, 2 are south, and there is the 1 just south of Ever Grande. Southern Island has a spot on it as well but the official site implies that you'll go there during regular gameplay anyway, and the ticket is to revisit the island for the second Lati.
Perhaps those are notable diving spots, or notable islands in the same vein as the guy who exchange evolution stones for shards?

EDIT: Also, upon Pokebank's release, GF has made multiple statements that Pokebank will be compatible with all future games after XY. Honestly, making any claim that Pokebank will not be compatible with OR/AS is total bullshit.

Onto what I wanted to post.....

This is the map of Hoenn shown in the new trailer and while there is in an island in the southeast, I don't see any flight point where the Battle Frontier formerly was. This makes me sad and cynical about the return of the Battle Frontier :(
No one ever doubted Pokébank would be compatible with ORAS. But Count Bleck mentioned it would be compatible from day one which isn't a given. I still would like to know where he got this information.

Even though I'm getting more cynical about it with every passing day too, that map doesn't prove anything. Even if the Frontier doesn't return, Battle Tower will still be there. I guess IcyMan28 is right. So no Frontier disconfirmation yet. But hope is diminishing...

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh, to no one's surprise, move tutors are confirmed: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/so-does-pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-include-trainer-customization

No comment on the return of the Battle Frontier....very shifty response and diverted the question to contests :(

No one ever doubted Pokébank would be compatible with ORAS. But Count Bleck mentioned it would be compatible from day one which isn't a given. I still would like to know where did he get this information.

Even though I'm getting more cynical about it with every passing day, that map doesn't prove anything. Even if the Frontier doesn't return, Battle Tower will still be there. I guess IcyMan28 is right. So no Frontier disconfirmation yet. But hope is diminishing...
I'm primarily addressing this post:

There is no basis to this claim, and it has been confirmed that XY and OR/AS are fully compatible except for the new OR/AS additions and separate PGL leagues. However, this is no indication that the other way around will hold. XY will not fade to obscurity due to rated play allowing transferred Pokemon while OR/AS are "KB-only" or whatever the new term is.

Last edited:
A quote from the USGamer article:
Trainer customization isn't the only feature that Pokémon fans want to see in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The Battle Frontier, which features a variety of advanced challenges in a theme park-like setting, is another popular feature that has lately been absent from the series. Will it also be missing in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

When I asked Ohmori, he seemed to consider his words carefully: "All I can really say is that we have quite a lot of content for after players finish the game this time around. We also have a lot of features like contests and secret bases, so right now we're only really talking about those."

I was giving it some thought. I can see reasons why GF would prefer not to tell us the Frontier or some upgraded version of it will be in ORAS - they don't want to spoil it.

On the other hand, if it wouldn't be there, why wouldn't they just tell us? Why would they deliberately give us hope only to disappoint us upon release? This doesn't sound smart. I don't know, if there weren't going to be a frontier, they would've probably broken it to us now, just like they did with customisation.

So maybe there will be a frontier after all.

On the other hand, if it wouldn't be there, why wouldn't they just tell us? Why would they deliberately give us hope only to disappoint us upon release? This doesn't sound smart. I don't know, if there weren't going to be a frontier, they would've probably broken it to us now, just like they did with customisation.
That doesn't sound smart, no, but that wouldn't stop us from giving them our money anyway, now would it? It does sound indicative of something big, though.

On the other hand, if there is no Frontier, we'd better start praying that Z and Delta Emerald will be the last two games.

A quote from the USGamer article:
Trainer customization isn't the only feature that Pokémon fans want to see in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The Battle Frontier, which features a variety of advanced challenges in a theme park-like setting, is another popular feature that has lately been absent from the series. Will it also be missing in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

When I asked Ohmori, he seemed to consider his words carefully: "All I can really say is that we have quite a lot of content for after players finish the game this time around. We also have a lot of features like contests and secret bases, so right now we're only really talking about those."

I was giving it some thought. I can see reasons why GF would prefer not to tell us the Frontier or some upgraded version of it will be in ORAS - they don't want to spoil it.

So maybe there will be a frontier after all.
Both arguments have merit. Outright saying that they didn't include it could discourage some sales; they would never do that. However, I think it's important that they point out that he said they're talking about contests and secret bases "right now," implying that there may be more to do in the near future. November's Corocoro is their final advertising campaign and I'm sure they want to save something big to capture those final pre-orders / sales.

Good thing tutors and new moves are back. I saw a Swellow use Quick Guard in one of the demo livestreams so that more or less confirms it.

Ohmori did, however, confirm that move tutors will be in this version, and that certain Pokémon will be able to learn moves they couldn't learn before.

How exactly should we take this? Does he simply mean it in the way that Gen 6 Pokémon have access to the tutors now? Are there new moves? Can Pokémon learn move tutor moves they couldn't before, e.g. can Infernape get Drain Punch now? Is it ALL of these?

Ohmori did, however, confirm that move tutors will be in this version, and that certain Pokémon will be able to learn moves they couldn't learn before.

How exactly should we take this? Does he simply mean it in the way that Gen 6 Pokémon have access to the tutors now? Are there new moves? Can Pokémon learn move tutor moves they couldn't before, e.g. can Infernape get Drain Punch now? Is it ALL of these?
It

It means exactly what it says.

You know, the same thing every game does? Like Shiftry getting Leaf Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)