ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Index: 825 - Beedrill-M Stats: 65/150/40/15/80/145 Type: Bug/Poison Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
dat min-maxing
Don't think it's going to be OU thanks to Talonflame and Pinsir and... pretty much any priority, but might be a big threat on UU if it doesn't get banned to BL
Index: 824 - Salamence-M Stats: 95/145/130/120/90/120 Type: Dragon/Flying Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
Oh boy, can't say I look forward to fighting this thing.
Index: 821 - Hoopa-M Stats: 80/160/60/170/130/80 Type: Psychic/Dark Catchrate: 3 Stage: 3
horrible speed and really bad typing NEVER MIND, Psychic/Dark, huh? At least there's no priority bug move. Still has really bad defenses. Again. And why does it still have Magician? It can't even use it.
Index: 814 - Rayquaza-M Stats: 105/180/100/180/100/115 Type: Dragon/Flying Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
Banned from Ubers.

Primal Kyogre and Groudon also look pretty broken not for the stats (couldn't they put something into speed?) but for their abilities and typing.

Altaria-M Stats: 75/110/110/110/105/80

yus! Nailed it! Also, Mega Hoopa looks like something out of a Japanese anime. The stats on Mega Gallade...Beautiful. And Mega Beedrill...Oh, boy. Fell Stinger sweep, anyone?

EDIT: Battle Resort? I hope it's just a new name for the Battle Frontier. Although it sounds a lot like Resort Area from Sinnoh.

Last edited:
65/90/40/45/80/75
65/150/40/15/80/145

They actually drained 30 points from Beedrill's SpA stat (that's how shitty its BST is, 100 is not enough). It's no Ninjask but that speed stat is insane, and pretty awesome attack too. Very cool... And people thought it wouldn't be useable.

WOW, of all the mistakes to do...

NOOOOO! GameFreak, when we said we wanted a Ruby & Sapphire remake we meant WITH the additions to Emerald also! As Don Honchkrorleone said:
Why are we freaking out over battle frontier being replaced
we have noooo idea whatsoever about what all the Battle Resort would entail. It could just litearlly be the battle frontier in a new hat.

Item List: http://pastebin.com/6ivRuLdX

Quick glance says that XY megas are still a thing, but I haven't compared them one by one to make sure all are there. The ORAS megastones mentioned are just the demo megas. I don't see a Hoopite.

I see a Mega Ring/Charm/Bracelet... wonder what this means?

"Trackless Forest
Pathless Plain
Nameless Cavern
Fabled Cave
Gnarled Den
Crescent Isle"

These seem pretty interesting, thoughts on what they are? My guess is the place where you catch legendaries, but which legendaries are in which spots? :0

Index: 806 - Slowbro-M Stats: 95/75/180/130/80/30 Type: Water/Psychic Catchrate: 75 Stage: 2

Oh. They weren't joking about the defense boost. +70 defense, +30 SpA.

the amount of missing data
"Trackless Forest
Pathless Plain
Nameless Cavern
Fabled Cave
Gnarled Den
Crescent Isle"

These seem pretty interesting, thoughts on what they are? My guess is the place where you catch legendaries, but which legendaries are in which spots? :0
pathless plain can actually be seen in one of the videos and does indeed look like the place you meet the legendaries
Item List: http://pastebin.com/6ivRuLdX

Quick glance says that XY megas are still a thing, but I haven't compared them one by one to make sure all are there. The ORAS megastones mentioned are just the demo megas. I don't see a Hoopite.
the sheer amount of missing data makes me think gamefreak may have more surprises in store

Oh man that hoopa mega giving me some jojo vibes

Hoopa = Jotaro
Mega = Star Platinum

Also hoping for some special moves to along with pidgeot's new ability and special stats

"Trackless Forest
Pathless Plain
Nameless Cavern
Fabled Cave
Gnarled Den
Crescent Isle"

Crescent Isle is most likely Cresselia's. Gnarled Den sounds gnarly, so most likely Kyurem's lair. ._.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
the amount of missing data

pathless plain can actually be seen in one of the videos and does indeed look like the place you meet the legendaries

the sheer amount of missing data makes me think gamefreak may have more surprises in store
sounds more like generic placeholders and the main game will update them imo

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Why are we freaking out over battle frontier being replaced
we have noooo idea whatsoever about what all the Battle Resort would entail. It could just litearlly be the battle frontier in a new hat.
But the Facilities would still have had separate names but they're not in the location name file.

Magician on a Mega? What the hell? Maybe they've changed the mechanics a bit or ... do GF even listen to themselves?
Don't forget they kept Levitate on Fan Rotom.

Because this is the same source we've gotten information from for the last like three generations?
Maybe, but at the same time there seems to be a lot of alarm bells ringing with this data to me.
First off, the fact that this shows only every released Mega so far as well as Hoopa; I'm not having an easy time believing that they revealed every single new Mega before release.
Second off, the Mega Beedrill stat spread seems far too ideal, contrasting greatly with what GF does with Mega Evolution.
Third, Rayquaza's Mega is shown here to boost all it's stats, when Game Freak has already officially stated that almost all it's stats would be boosted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)