ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they should cause otherwise, we could have Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza on the same team. That would just be insane. And make my life annoying cause there's this guy I know who always uses legendaries (but is terrible at training said Pokémon. He once had a Mega Amphy with nothing but Electric moves where as I had Gliscor and Garchomp on my team) and he has already stated his interest in doing this. Ugh.
If what I said confirms itself, you will probably able to have one Primal and one Mega, not both Primals. That would be too much.

But they should cause otherwise, we could have Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza on the same team. That would just be insane. And make my life annoying cause there's this guy I know who always uses legendaries (but is terrible at training said Pokémon. He once had a Mega Amphy with nothing but Electric moves where as I had Gliscor and Garchomp on my team) and he has already stated his interest in doing this. Ugh.
Well, looking at the stats and changes, it seems that primal devolution is mega evolution in all but name. Sure the cause and reason might be different but we've got nothing to suggest you could use a mega and a primal at once.

So I agree that it's unlikely that they'd allow a mega and a primal on a team. But this is Gamefreak...

Looks like it. It seems like the game has been fully leaked a good month before Gamefreak even released it. If it is the case, Gamefreak need to be smarter in leaving out content. People will datamine your content. Or the more favorable outcome, they anticipated this, and left out some of the megas as to surprise us when it does happen, but its not looking like that, as we got "mega" Hoopa leaked. I'd be shocked that 2 of the most popular gen 3 pokemon, Milotic and Flygon don't get megas.
Well, they might have considered them to be "inferior" or "unpopular" versions of other Pokémon, namely Gyarados and Garchomp.

If what I said confirms itself, you will probably able to have one Primal and one Mega, not both Primals. That would be too much.
True, I'm probably was panicking a little too much.

Looks like it. It seems like the game has been fully leaked a good month before Gamefreak even released it. If it is the case, Gamefreak need to be smarter in leaving out content. People will datamine your content. Or the more favorable outcome, they anticipated this, and left out some of the megas as to surprise us when it does happen, but its not looking like that, as we got "mega" Hoopa leaked. I'd be shocked that 2 of the most popular gen 3 pokemon, Milotic and Flygon don't get megas.
what???? :(
Well, if this is true then it really, really sucks!!!!!!!!! :(

Could someone (re)post ALL the pastebin/imgur links please?
They're not all in the research thread or the OP of this one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't be bothered to read through 25+ pages for them all...

Last edited:
Well, as each and every one of their games up until now has been data mined at one point or another, I'd think that it would be a safe bet that they did anticipate this happening. If this was the case, then they either included everything, and don't care that everything is out, or they used an earlier model of the game for the demo. Given the level of protections that they tried to use in XY, I'm kind of disinclined to believe that they don't care if everything is leaked a month early.

A lower level to the theory that they don't care is hinted at by the fact that there was only one 'new' pokemon in the mined information, and they don't consider the move and tutor lists as important enough to hide. In other words, they, for the most part, got out in front of the leaks, and made the reveals in their own terms; I would find this to be much more believable. After all, they had already hinted at things like Leaf Blade Shiftry and HJK Lopunny, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Really, the only thing that they lost here was the information about the stats, and the Hoopa Form.

On the other hand, I can't see it being that difficult for them to, at some point during the production stage, set aside a copy of what they already had, and label that as the demo. In that way, they could include the maps, the relevant Mega releases, trainer classes, the pokemon files, and so on, without having to go back and scrub content that they want to hide. From that point on, they could go ahead and include other features and Megas at their own disclosure. If this is the route that they took, then it could be viewed as them throwing us a bone, and hoping that it will sate us and draw us in, and then blow us out of the water when it turns out that there's another Mega, or the Battle Frontier, or whatever. I'm not sure how likely this, but I'm sure that it's possible, and I don't think it should be assumed that we know absolutely everything now.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well, looking at the stats and changes, it seems that primal devolution is mega evolution in all but name. Sure the cause and reason might be different but we've got nothing to suggest you could use a mega and a primal at once.
Primal Reversion happens automatically. Mega Evolution is manual

Also I find it interesting that Rayquaza's catch rate has been upped. I guess we'll see a return of an Emerald-esque storyline where Ray is caught first?

One thing to note is how there is a fair bit of placeholder data for certain trainers, such as the fact that there is no battle with May using a level 5 Treecko for the battle on route 103. This means that anything could change between now and release, including the addition of new Megas or the Battle Resort.

Walk me through this guys please...does this mean we are not getting any new megas now? are the 20 revealed megas the only one we are getting in ORAS? :(
I don't know, it seems unlikely. Not all the data for the games was left in I don't think (Obviously a lot though). North America still has to get the Demo, and it seems like the Mega you receive depends on your region, so there is at least one more new Mega still. At least that's what I think, though I could be wrong.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Could someone (re)post ALL the pastebin/imgur links please?
They're not all in the research thread or the OP of this one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't be bothered to read through 25+ pages for them all...
No worries, Cainchin. That's fine. For reference, SpaceNarwhal, the link urls are indeed included in the research thread OP via the Master Pastebin Link

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I actually have quite high hopes for the Battle Resort.

Yes, I am sad to see the Frontier go, but I think GameFreak knows we'd be disappointed as heck if it wasn't included. The Frontier was extremely popular, and one of the most hyped elements of the RS remakes. They would have to provide some pretty big justifications to take it out. There has been a postgame Battle Whatever in every Pokémon game since Crystal (that's almost a decade and a half ago), so I think they know how popular it is. A challenge sush as the Battle Whatever adds a lot to the longevity of the game, it gives you something to strive for, a reason to train your Pokémon to be the very best, and to explore the true depths of the battle mechanics. It's also a place to put the most expensive end-game items and TMs for players to aim for. They're not going to leave a Battle Whatever out just like that, and in the region of the original Frontier, they'll have no excuses not to deliver something epic.

But they might have wished to change/replace some of the old facilities, or adding new ones, which demanded so many changes to the Frontier that they decided to just make a new one from scratch. And while the Frontier looked awesome back in its days, I'm not sure on how well the facilities would scale to the 3D graphics. The place looked enormous on the little GameBoy screen, and you could run around for several minutes exploring new things there, but ultimately the place made great use of perspective magic to look more immense than it really was. In a top-down world this might have worked well, but it's not guaranteed to look equally well with new graphics.

However, new graphics allows for some pretty damn cool things. The Battle Resort sounds like an awesomely fun place, the name alone invokes images of days of fun in the sun. I'm picturing palm trees, beaches, bungalows and battle facilities. Maybe not the Olympic village feel of the Battle Frontier, but I'm expecting an equally good gameplay experience.

I actually have quite high hopes for the Battle Resort.

-Insert additonal wall of text here-
Yeah, I have a lot of high hopes for this so called Battle Resort. A friend of mine stated it could possibly just be the Battle Frontier renamed, as she's stated that the Battle Frontier has always felt more like a resort than anything else, but in the end its probably an entirely new area / concept.

Now whether it is a number of facilities or a single facility is another question and if it will resemble how the Battle Frontier works or not is another question.

I also feel like this is where the 'super boss' (being Wally's final team) is located at, paralytically due to some of the text mentioned earlier in regards to this Battle Resort area.

I do hope that the Battle Resort is either a renamed Battle Frontier or is at least like a Battle Frontier and not just a renamed Battle Tower (I'm looking at you Subway and Maison!)

I do hope that the Battle Resort is either a renamed Battle Frontier or is at least like a Battle Frontier and not just a renamed Battle Tower (I'm looking at you Subway and Maison!)
I have a strong feeling that it really is just the Battle Frontier being renamed, but it is more than likely a reworked Battle Frontier to include battle styles such as Rotation, Triple, etc.

Here's hoping there is still a Rental Battle Facility in this new Battle Resort.

Well the tutors give the Gen V-I pokemons back their tutorable moves (lel Kyube doesn't even get a physical ice attack), the possibilities with Gen 6 mons are just amazing:

1) Diggersby: Low Kick, Gunk Shot, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Knock Off, Super Power, Focus Punch

2) Greninja: Low Kick, Ice Punch, Gunk Shot

3) Pangoro: Elemental Punches, Low Kick, Gunk Shot, Knock Off, Super Power, Endeavor

4) Aegislash: Magnet Rise

5) Barbaracle: Low Kick

6) Noivern: Heat Wave

7) Tyrantrum: Super Power

8) Goodra: Super Power

9) Yveltal: Knock Off, Heat Wave

10) Diancie: Earth Power

11) Volcanian: Earth Power, Super Power

It would be a poor business move for GF to reveal everything before the release of the game, I'm subscribing to the thought of it being a previous version.

Hopefully this means there will be more move tutor moves, I was hoping for play rough.

I'll also be upset if Goodra doesn't get giga drain.

Does anyone find the fact that there is a lot of trainer information missing?
Usually in these battle facilitates trainers would have many variations of pokemon used depending on the trainer classes assigned to them and their always level 50.
I don't think we have the full picture yet.

It would be a poor business move for GF to reveal everything before the release of the game, I'm subscribing to the thought of it being a previous version.

Hopefully this means there will be more move tutor moves, I was hoping for play rough.

I'll also be upset if Goodra doesn't get giga drain.
How is it bad business for not out-thinking hackers?

You're more than likely right to think this is a game build they had a few months back that may have had most of the static/whitebox info already input, with the exception of some graphic info that they may have scrubbed out to make the demo easier to download. You can bet the scripts for this demo are probably going to sit somewhere unused in the code of the official games.
It's also more than likely that the XY demo had a similar amount of raw data just sitting under the hood, which would explain a part of why hackers were able to rip the music tracks early. That data was just less accessible and harder to analyze because the XY demo was only available for play at conventions.

Sooo depending on how they work, not scrubbing out every little piece of info you weren't going to witness prolly made it easier to test and finalize for what they wanted to do. 's no biggie

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Guys did you see the Balls texture? Look at the one down before the last I don't remember a ball with that desing(Red with a white pokeball drawn on it), do you guys know something about it? http://imgur.com/a/m5H03
Sports Ball is there? Wait, is that the Dream Ball very last?

Why are they there? Do Pokeballs carry over when your transfer them to VI?

I read somewhere that primal forms could be used without counting as a mega form. This true?
They get a 100+ BST increase, no way they aren't an alternate Mega Form evolution (thus need to hold an item). However it seems like they immediately "Primal Revert" upon entering battle instead of waiting for you to tell them to.

It's the Dream Ball:

... WAIT?! The Dream Ball?! Why is there a texture for that? Is the Dream World coming back?!

They get a 100+ BST increase, no way they aren't an alternate Mega Form evolution (thus need to hold an item). However it seems like they immediately "Primal Revert" upon entering battle instead of waiting for you to tell them to.
He meant the one before the dream ball (the sports ball). And I highly doubt the DW is back. If that was the case, then apricorn balls, the safari zone, and the bug catching contest would be coming back as well :p.

It's the Dream Ball:

... WAIT?! The Dream Ball?! Why is there a texture for that? Is the Dream World coming back?!
....no.
They needed that texture for transferred Pokemon who were caught in Dream Balls back in gen5. same way they have a park ball texture for migrated Pokemon caught in gen4 + Bug Catching Contest mons (which was the texture he was asking about)

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
He meant the one before the dream ball (the sports ball). And I highly doubt the DW is back. If that was the case, then apricorn balls, the safari zone, and the bug catching contest would be coming back as well :p.
Yeah, I realized what he said and corrected my post.

....no. They needed that texture for transferred Pokemon who were caught in Dream Balls back in gen5. same way they have a park ball texture for migrated Pokemon caught in gen4 + Bug Catching Contest mons (which was the texture he was asking about)
Oh, so Pokeballs do carry over. Hmm, now I want to check my Pokemon to see what balls I caught them in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)