ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The first part of the process may have just been making Gen 6 Pokémon compatible with the BW2 tutor moves. Shock Wave and Water Pulse were the start of them getting in new moves and they hadn't thought of any other alterations, by this hypothesis. Still, it is rather pointless to speculate without any actual information, regardless of how likely this looks.
It's still nice to know there are possibilities of other moves to be included in the list. Defog and crafty shield would be nice to see available to many pokemon.

It really seems like Battle resort will be a BF reboot. Do you remember how in the official hoenn artwork there was a cloud above the original BF location?
On another subject, anyone have any ideas about what that new island directly south to Fortree might be? It can be seen in the map showcased in the last trailler.

It really seems like Battle resort will be a BF reboot. Do you remember how in the official hoenn artwork there was a cloud above the original BF location?
On another subject, anyone have any ideas about what that new island directly south to Fortree might be? It can be seen in the map showcased in the last trailler.
I assume it'd be one of the many new islands you can fly to with the Latis. Perhaps a hiding place for aftergame Mega Stones?

Dude, that interview was so Portuguese, my Avatar grew a Moustache.

(Nah, not a huge mistake. The languages are similar, after all. And at first I was like "OMG FINALLY SOME TIME TO BE USEFUL HERE!!! LET'S CHECK IT OU- ...Oh.")

Anyway, very excited about the tutors (SR, Knock Off, Hyper Voice, Earth Power, Giga Drain... *0*), let's hope they are really back. No Defog tutor is sad, too. Also, regarding Mega Beedrill... strongest unboosted U-Turn of the game, tied with Choice Band Scizor (lol).

And the hints of a possible specially-oriented Mega Flygon makes me shudder from excitement \o/

Last edited:
I just want Defog.
Yeah, and that.
You would assume so, given how it's called a resort and GF has been so secretive about it. That's why I hate all of this premature data dumping. Everyone just assumes that it's going to be a Maison clone based on the lack of information, rather than what would realistically make the most sense. Same goes for the people who think that there's no way we'll have more megas.

You would assume so, given how it's called a resort and GF has been so secretive about it. That's why I hate all of this premature data dumping. Everyone just assumes that it's going to be a Maison clone based on the lack of information, rather than what would realistically make the most sense. Same goes for the people who think that there's no way we'll have more megas.
I just hate it because it means a lot of spoilers and confusion. But oh well, it's inevitable.

Just a little note, Stellar , but perhaps the front page should be updated - even without the datamine we just got, the front page doesn't even have info on Mega Rayquaza, Glalie and Steelix.

Incidentally, weirdly enough Vibrava learns Boomburst by levelling but Flygon doesn't? I know it's not unprecedented that some Pokémon only get moves through their pre-evolutions, but... hm.

Last edited:
Yeah, and that.

Pretty much how I feel about the whole Mega Evolution and Battle Resort deal. There is a good chance both are not fully coded and weren't fully present in the demo's data.

A friend of mine mentioned how she felt the Battle Frontier always felt like a Resort more than anything so I'm sure the Battle Resort won't end up being a Maison clone. X/Y data is probably in there as leftovers for testing purposes.

One of the reasons that leads me to believe this is an early version of ORAS the Demo is based on. With the amount of polish in the game I find it hard to believe they'd leave in a flaw like that; to me it looks like in this stage of development they'd just got in the BW2 tutor list as a base and had just started working on it.
Well, Elgyem and Beheeyem can learn Steel Wing in XY due to a similar oversight...

Also, regarding Mega Beedrill... strongest unboosted U-Turn of the game, tied with Choice Band Scizor (lol).
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 189-223 (55.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Adaptability Mega Beedrill U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 188-222 (55.1 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Wow, you're right, almost exact, though Scizor is technically slightly stronger. Keep in mind though that Beedrill may run Jolly to make it easier to outspeed certain things before it Megas.

And the hints of a possible specially-oriented Mega Flygon makes me shudder from excitement \o/
I thought the same thing when I saw those moves as I thought it was weird that the Flygon family had no orientation to bug moves except for u-turn(which is given out to nearly anything) then I had to look flygon family up on bulbapedia and that wishful thinking was dashed quickly. It is part of the bug egg group and it learns a couple of bug moves via breeding. Reading vibrava's description it states it uses "bug buzz" on its prey. Bug buzz is just a couple of generations too late for the flygon and boomburst is just not that much surprising. With these facts I've lost hope for m-flygon

Well, in that interview to gamexplain, they said repeatedly that you could fill the National dex having only the gen VI games. Is there a list anywhere of the pokemon lacking from XY, that would have to be in ORAS to do so? If so, does that list agree with the encounter tables found in the demo?

Well, in that interview to gamexplain, they said repeatedly that you could fill the National dex having only the gen VI games. Is there a list anywhere of the pokemon lacking from XY, that would have to be in ORAS to do so? If so, does that list agree with the encounter tables found in the demo?
http://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml
This list doesn't factor in that you can only get some Pokémon from friend safaris; e.g. Lillipup.
Also how on earth do you remember your nickname

I think this is a complete list of XY unobtainables.

Edit: Too slow, as always u_u

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think they would mess around with m-kazam's stats because then they wouldn't match the x and y stats. If someone was using a copy of oras to battle someone using x/y how would the games determine what game's stats to use? Although this is the first gen we have had game patches so you never know.
It has already been confirmed that ORAS and XY have their own Battle Spot metagame (ORAS can only fight ORAS, only things caught and bred in gen VI are eligible / XY can only fight XY, gen VI & transfer 'mons are allowed) meaning they are not doing patches so XY can communicate with ORAS and all it's fancy new Megas etc. If you are talking about Passersby / Friend battles then I would assume they would either use ORASs stats (much like the DP / Pt Hypnosis example given earlier) or they may not be compatible at all (wouldn't surprise me tbh).

It has already been confirmed that ORAS and XY have their own Battle Spot metagame (ORAS can only fight ORAS, only things caught and bred in gen VI are eligible / XY can only fight XY, gen VI & transfer 'mons are allowed) meaning they are not doing patches so XY can communicate with ORAS and all it's fancy new Megas etc. If you are talking about Passersby / Friend battles then I would assume they would either use ORASs stats (much like the DP / Pt Hypnosis example given earlier) or they may not be compatible at all (wouldn't surprise me tbh).
It's already been confirmed that while XY isn't getting a patch to include all the ORAS additions, it will still be compatible with ORAS.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's already been confirmed that while XY isn't getting a patch to include all the ORAS additions, it will still be compatible with ORAS.
How compatible exactly? I know we'll be able to trade between the two, but how exactly will battling work? Like I said, they already have the ORAS and XY leagues for Battle Spot, how will they manage PSS battles?

How compatible exactly? I know we'll be able to trade between the two, but how exactly will battling work? Like I said, they already have the ORAS and XY leagues for Battle Spot, how will they manage PSS battles?
Same way BW battled against BW2 - they can't see Kyurem's Black Form, but they recognize it as a Kyurem with a different ability and stat spread. Same'll work with Megas; XY'll see Mega Lopunny for example as a Lopunny changing it's Stats, Typing and Ability mid-battle. Presumably, you would not be allowed to use Primals and Mega Ray against XY users due to the new abilities and moves that XY has no way of recognizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)