If you were paid to be a jerk, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grow and learn lately as an entrepreneur and I've had to adjust my attitude and management skills into ways I don't always like. This led me to an interesting question, and as always I like to pose interesting questions to the people on Smogon. So the question is...

If you were paid well to be a jerk to others, would you?

For $20/hr? What about $50? What about a comfortable six figure salary for the rest of your life as long as you're a full-time jerk to others for a set amount of hours each week?

I personally can't, even in the face of solving most of my money problems. I regret too much and I beat myself up to depression if I keep wronging others over and over. What about you Smogon?

Edit: Some jobs do exist that kind of reflect this attitude, but the question is abstract. To put it into perspective, you'd get paid to be a jerk seemingly without reason or benefit to the person paying you. Focus on the fact that you benefit and not so much on the logistics of whether it's benefiting the person paying you. However, exploring the justification of whether it's benefiting someone else other than you isn't discouraged.

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lots of jobs pay people to be jerks to others, sometimes for less money even, and in unethical ways that are scarily accepted by society. At least if I have to be a jerk 8 hours a day for five days a week in the abstract I can just hop on youtube comments for the duration. Hell there are a few youtube commentators that I'm pretty sure are under such an arrangement, from how prolific they are in telling others to get a life.

6 figures to be a jerk?

Sign me the fuck up. Though honestly that's a rather low wage for a professional jerk.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
and with that, closing this thread. This isn't the type of question that stimulates discussion beyond "bankers/managers already get paid for that!!!!1111oneoneone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)