(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Major trainers in general need more Pokemon IMO. I miss the days of 5-Pokemon gym fights. Even 4 would be acceptable.

On the other hand, they HAVE gotten better with levels, since X and Y don't have 'every Pokemon is a single level except one that's two levels higher' syndrome.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Club UK: Nintendo thinks we don't exist.

And half the world got those Zards.
Which didn't even have Dragon Dance :/

Because UK doesn't deserve good egg moves
Well you got the Charizards which is the event I really want so you have that over us.

You know, I wonder who decides to make the events. Like could another branch of the Pokemon Company decide to hold their own special Event? Like say if a country is celebrating a holiday, could that part of the Pokemon Company decide "Hey! To celebrate this holiday we're giving out this Pokemon!"? Like for July 4th the US could get a special Braviary, on Boxing Day in the UK they could give a special Empoleon (since it sort of looks like a butler, right?), during the Running of the Bulls in Spain the could give a special Tauros, etc.. The Japanese do it occasionally, why not us!

And yeah, don't know about Egg Moves but I do think these event Pokemon should come with a Special Move. Actually, I think there should be a way that we can trade a move on one Pokemon with another. Like they would require both Pokemon to be the same species, but once they are we should be able to select a move on one and a move on another and have those moves switched. I think that would fix some complaints people have about about Event and Egg Moves.

Did anyone mention the Normal Gem in XY yet? D: I really hope you can get the other ones as well in ORAS.
Including the Fairy Gem. It'd odd the only Gem you can get is the Normal Gem, with all the way to get items in the game. Like I could easily see them being gotten from Rock Smashable rocks.

And that reminds me of a NEW ANNOYANCE! Aside from the Pixie Plate, there is no normal power-up item for Fairy-types! Like Fire-types have Charcoal, Water-types have Mystic Amulet, Grass-types have Miracle Seed, etc.. All types have one except for Fairy-types. And the thing is I think they could have even brought back an old item too. In Gen II there were two Normal-type power-up items: the Pink Bow and Polkadot Bow. In Gen III they changed it to the Silk Scarf since I guess they thought not all Normal-types are pink/cute so it didn't make sense, HOWEVER Fairy-types are represented by the color pink and are generally cute/graceful! Thus I think bringing back one of the bows as the Fairty-type power-up item would have been a pretty clever thing to do.

Poor Rock Blast-less Herra... :(
He's in the same corner as that no priority Pinsir, crying his eyes out
Yeah, the Heracross/Pinsir we got had NOTHING special about them, all moves were level-up as I recall. I mean at least give Heracross all multi-hitting moves (I'd given it Arm Thrust, Pin Missile, Rock Blast (Egg), and Icicle Spear (special event move)) and Pinsir at least ExtremeSpeed (how about X-Scissor, Return, Close Combat (Egg) and ExtremeSpeed (special event move)). GIVE US A REASON TO WANT TO USE THESE POKEMON (says the person who suggested having the Ability to swap Pokemon moves with the same member of its species...)!

This is something that kinda irks me; Gastly only got Sludge Wave through Dream World and this one event... yet can't learn it by the TM? And it's not even like Surf Pikachu where it's an incredibly left field move or Eruption Heatran where it's a story based event; these are just random events with nothing particularly special story-wise about them... so why do only they get Sludge Wave?
Never understood why Gengar or other Poison-types can't learn Sludge Wave naturally. Like if they switch Sludge Bomb and Sludge Wave's Power I don't see a reason why you then can have a choice of teaching either one.

E4 with incomplete teams...I know its a minor thing but Platinum, SoulSilver and W2 kinda spoiled me on that...It feels bad to see that thing go.
Not to mention later game Gym Leaders using 3. In my head it should go like this:

First 3 gyms: 3 Pokemon
Next 4 gyms (#4, 5, 6, 7): 4 Pokemon
8th Gym & Elite Four: 5 Pokemon
Champion: Whole team of 6 Pokemon.

And in hard mode all of them should have a complete team because, well, it's hard mode. IF you don't have a full team at that point that's you're problem.

Ooh, ooh, ANOTHER ANNOYANCE: The Battle Chateau Re-Matches. 2 Pokemon for Gym Leaders, 3 for Elite Four, and 4 Champion, REALLY? That's our post game rematches for them (outside the Elite Four and Champion which can be re-challenged at the Pokemon Leauge)? Oh, and only Korrina and Diantha can have their Mega Evolve (even though there's a Mega Evolution for each type so each one could have a Mega Pokemon).

Club UK: Nintendo thinks we don't exist.

And half the world got those Zards.
Which didn't even have Dragon Dance :/

Because UK doesn't deserve good egg moves
Well, try being India for once...Nintendo doesn't even know we exist, no events for us D;

Getting on the last post's bandwagon, would have liked it if any wild Shinies you find have 4 perfect IVs or something so they're not immediately useless trophies

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Speaking of the events, would it have killed GameFreak to make the event Pokemon have 3 perfect IVs like the legendaries or something? Soft-resetting for a non-terrible nature for Pinsir is bad enough as is.
Getting on the last post's bandwagon, would have liked it if any wild Shinies you find have 4 perfect IVs or something so they're not immediately useless trophies
Call me naive, but how about just having a way to increase a Pokemon's IV? As far as I understand, the IV is just a value that has a limit of 31. So why not after game have someone that can increase a Pokemons IV? It doesn't have to be broken, like maybe you'll need to do something first and/or they can only only increase one stat by 1 IV a day. That way not only do you have to hatch hundreds of eggs but you'd also make Event and Shiny Pokemon worth to be used.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^A certain fanmade Pokémon game solves this by including "IV stones", which are approximately as hard to get as Rare Candies. They can be brought to some guy in a city, who will use the stone to raise one of your Pokémon's IVs in one stat to 31. Quite an elegant solution, if you ask me.

^A certain fanmade Pokémon game solves this by including "IV stones", which are approximately as hard to get as Rare Candies. They can be brought to some guy in a city, who will use the stone to raise one of your Pokémon's IVs in one stat to 31. Quite an elegant solution, if you ask me.
Except for the fact that it's letting kids know of the existence of IVs and kinda taking away from the mystery and mystique of the universe to them when they just find out "oh, my pokémon's shit because it has a special attack IV of 14". For competitive players, sure, but taking into consideration the target audience of Pokémon as well as it's message... I consider the hushed nature and vagueness of IVs to be much more appropriate.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Except for the fact that it's letting kids know of the existence of IVs and kinda taking away from the mystery and mystique of the universe to them when they just find out "oh, my pokémon's shit because it has a special attack IV of 14". For competitive players, sure, but taking into consideration the target audience of Pokémon as well as it's message... I consider the hushed nature and vagueness of IVs to be much more appropriate.
Well they wouldn't have the character tell you about IVs, they'll just vaguely mention they have the ability to improve your Pokemon.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fuck the message, I want HP Fire on my Greninja!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Fuck the message, I want HP Fire on my Greninja!
Oh yeah, forgot Hidden Power was based off IVs. Personally I think they need to redo Hidden Power. Hidden Power can't be Fairy-type since that would redo the whole formula meaning Pokemon may change Hidden Power when transferred over. I say next Gen redo how Hidden Power works so that it doesn't really rely on the Pokemon (and maybe even give it the ability to change types and be Special or Physical). However keep the formula so that when Pokemon are transferred over the game can set their Hidden Power to being their type (and Special).

Game Freak could make some very rare food item that, when fed to your pokemon, makes its Hidden Power a specific type, and will raise the IVs wherever possible by the minimum amount to get the HP type what you want. That way, a hidden power type is easier to get, and you can change a pokemon's IVs (although it would probably be easier to breed a new one to 5 IVs than to build up a wild pokemon that way).

Personally, I've only used Hidden Power once on my actual game card. It was my Jolteon, 8, who had Hidden Power Ice. It was given to me by a friend who was breeding Eevees and had one extra with the right nature/ability/Hidden Power (8 was the number it hatched).
I just don't bother with it. To me, there are so many other Pokémon with better movesets that I can use. The only HP I know any of my Pokémon have is HP Dark and that's only because my Vaporeon and Nidoking have six perfect IVs. So Hidden Power never mattered to me.

A few weeks back, I bred for a Venusaur with HP fire. It was something like 31/14/31/28/31/24 and even getting that imperfect set of ivs took me forever. I decided that was good enough at that point.

The problem is that whilst 31 ivs are easy to obtain and easy to identify, 30 are neither. It's horrible to breed for.

A few weeks back, I bred for a Venusaur with HP fire. It was something like 31/14/31/28/31/24 and even getting that imperfect set of ivs took me forever. I decided that was good enough at that point.

The problem is that whilst 31 ivs are easy to obtain and easy to identify, 30 are neither. It's horrible to breed for.
You are barking at thr guy who breed for a 30 31 30 31 31 31 Naive ligthingrood Vtacle pikachu...I went trough hell and back, I wanted naugthy tough XD

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Apparently no one realizes that you have the same exact odds of getting 30/31/30/31/31/31 as 31/31/31/31/31/31 (obviously this depends on the parents you're using, but I'm assuming you're using parents that will allow those combinations).

Apparently no one realizes that you have the same exact odds of getting 30/31/30/31/31/31 as 31/31/31/31/31/31 (obviously this depends on the parents you're using, but I'm assuming you're using parents that will allow those combinations).
Thats not the annoying part. The fact that volt tackle pichu requires 2 held items its the hard part. You forego the everstone to keep the ligthball and the destiny knot. Then you get the normal female offspring chance of getting the HA (30%)wich is ligthing rod. Without E stone you have to roll all the natures for the desired one. And then if lucky you see if the HA plus nature pichu has the stat spread for HP ice without sacrificing ATK and SPA wich is 30 31 30 31 31 31.

Thats the breeding hell one has to go trough for a Volt tackling lighting rod pikach with hp ice and a Naive or Naugthy nature kalos born pikachu.
Assuming you arent a masochistic being that wants it shinny to top but TSV seems to help if you save before each dammed egg hatches.

That's a big assumption. 31 iv parents are easy to find. They're in the safari, for a start, and the iv checker will immediately identify them for you to boot.

30iv parents are not so easy to find, and they are a royal pain to identify.

IVs of 31 are actually easier to get. Pokemon that can't breed, including pokemon like Riolu that evolve into one that can, are guaranteed to have 3 perfect IVs. Pokemon caught in the friend safari also have 2 perfect IVs. No pokemon are ever guaranteed to have an IV of 30, though.

Also, you can easily see an IV of 31 because the IV judge will always point it out. IVs of 30 are very hard to see, though.

Seconding Ago, HP spreads are harder to do, yes but only a little, using the HP Judge in conjunction with IV Judge and Battle Institute/Rare candies, the 30 IV can easily be determined.

IVs of 31 are actually easier to get. Pokemon that can't breed, including pokemon like Riolu that evolve into one that can, are guaranteed to have 3 perfect IVs. Pokemon caught in the friend safari also have 2 perfect IVs. No pokemon are ever guaranteed to have an IV of 30, though.

Also, you can easily see an IV of 31 because the IV judge will always point it out. IVs of 30 are very hard to see, though.
Well ingame we had N pokemon wich had sets of fixed 30 ivs and covered plant, ground, monster and flying egggroups. Thats where i got my 30 ivs mons at chainbreeding.

Seconding Ago, HP spreads are harder to do, yes but only a little, using the HP Judge in conjunction with IV Judge and Battle Institute/Rare candies, the 30 IV can easily be determined.
You obviously have a different threshold for "easy" than I do!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)