Ubers Gastrodon [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

Joryn so you are saying that you are walling every kia set except the bog standard variant? if you could also read i was referring to emergency checking, I'm not implying Gastro /should/ stay in on every set up sweeper just because it can prevent set up, I'm saying it can prevent set up and nothing more. Emergency checking is really important for any team and if you can pull it off, then it's really nice. Bad statement about the situationality with clear smog, I could say the same about magic coat but lets not go there.

Regarding the analysis being used for ladder: lol no, it should be used for any aspiring or integrated competitive player.

Regarding the qc 3/3: I don't care. If I disagree with how analysis is put up because some other qc members happened to check it I will speak my mind.

if you guys read then you'd realize that you are doing jack with mirror coat against gengar. clear smog helps vs goth as it will be down to a PP stall. Gastro has a total of 80 pp while Goth has 72+rest, however gastro can begin its pp stalling using recover and clear smog so I'm unsure how it will play out in practice. It probably comes out on top so you are right in that regard, both players will probably just start vomiting uncontrollably due to the shittyness of the situation if it arises but oh well.

But okay since I actaully forgot about how Mirror Coat worked vs taunt I can see a clear niche for it so I'd be fine with a slash.

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
if you guys read then you'd realize that you are doing jack with mirror coat against gengar. clear smog helps vs goth as it will be down to a PP stall. Gastro has a total of 80 pp while Goth has 72+rest, however gastro can begin its pp stalling using recover and clear smog so I'm unsure how it will play out in practice.
Melee Mewtwo and I tested this and I can confirm that Goth wins pretty much every time, the best you can do is limit its boosts with Clear Smog.

That being said I think Clear Smog should be first slash with Mirror Coat after.

Amateur check

ADD
REMOVE
COMMENTS

Overview
#########

Don't let Gastrodon's size fool you; it has one of the best abilities in the game for Ubers. Storm Drain gives Gastrodon the ability to switch into any Water-type attack, come off with take no damage, (AC) and get a nice little Special Attack boost. While its main role is countering Kyogre, Gastrodon can function in other ways too. It can Toxic most things that come in on it once Kyogre switches out, and Mirror Coat bounces back Special Attacks for huge damage. Boasting only one weakness, it also has an immunity to Electric-type attacks due to its versatile Water / Ground typing. While it's its offensive stats are quite tame, once it gets a +1 Special Attack boost, it can hits surprisingly hard (tense issue). This Pokemon Gastrodon is mainly used on stall teams which that require a check to the fearsome Kyogre, although it is also viable on balanced teams as a wall. Gastrodon loves spreading status with its use of Scald and Toxic, (AC) but hates opposing clerics.

Set 1 name: Special Wall
#########
Name: Special Wall
Move 1: Scald
Move 2: Toxic
Move 3: Mirror Coat / Clear Smog
Move 4: Recover
Ability: Storm Drain
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Nature: Calm

Moves
========

Scald is the a mandatory STAB that Gastrodon gets and hits quite hard with a +1 Special Attack boost. The chance of burn is also very nice, (AC) considering the amount of physical attackers that switch in on Gastrodon. It can also help greatly if a Kyogre's Ice Beam freezes Gastrodon, which would otherwise be render it helpless. Toxic is also great for annoying and hindering Pokemon that try and come in or setup on Gastrodon. Toxic is especially good at crippling and pressuring Calm Mind Arceus variants that aren't carrying Refresh, in which the case that are, (AC) however, (AC) another team-mate teammate can deal with it. Mirror Coat should be the main secondary attack you have, (AC) as this sends does huge damage back to most special attackers that do hardly anything to Gastrodon, (AC) such as Kyogre, Palkia, (AC) and some Calm Mind Arceus formes. Clear Smog can be used as an alternative to Mirror Coat to deal with Calm Mind Kyogre sets and other setup sweepers. Recover is Gastrodon's best and most reliable recovery move, which can be used on the turn Kyogre switches out turn to maximize your chances of walling Special Attackers (this should be in set details imo). Most of these moves punish the opponent for using Kyogre recklessly and will help with crippling and punching a hole in the opposing team.

Set Details
========
Maximum HP should always be used to take advantage of Gastrodon's large bulk and maximize the amount of damage it can take. 120 Defense EVs allows Gastrodon to avoid the 2HKO from Support Groudon, Low Kick Blaziken, (AC) and the OHKO from +2 Life Orb Jolly Extreme Speed Arceus. 136 Special Defense EVs still allows it to check Choice Specs Ice Beam Kyogre and wall other special attackers if it has to. A Calm nature is used to further increase Gastrodon's Special Defense while minimizing a stat that it doesn't need (most competent players should know this). Storm Drain is the obvious choice of ability, as it providinges a Water-type immunity and raising its Special Attack by +1 if hit by a Water-type attack. An EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Defense / 252 Special DefenseSpD is also highly recommended as this allows you to take less damage from special attacks to maximize the walling capacity of Gastrodon, although this also means it is highly prone to Mega Mewtwo Y's Psystrike and physical attacks

Usage Tips
========
Although it is obvious, switch in on Kyogre's attacks if you don't want serious damage done to your team. Gastrodon is extremely predictable, (AC) so switch up your switch-ins (add dash) to water type Water-type attacks to keep your opponent from outplaying you and predicting you. Gastrodon is a Pokemon that absolutely hates hazards, especially Toxic Spikes. Try and keep hazards off your side of the field as much as you can to limit the punishment for switching Gastrodon in. Scout for any Grass-type moves you think the opponent might have, as Grass-type attacks are Gastrodon's only weakness.

Team Options
========
Clerics are highly appreciated by Gastrodon, (AC) as Status Effects can severely hinder this Pokemons walling. Xerneas is a good cleric to that works well with Gastrodon. Fire-type or Flying-type Pokemon such as Ho-Oh are good teammates, (AC) to as they remove the Grass-type Pokemon that threaten Gastrodon. Defoggers are also highly appreciated, (RC) as they removinge hazards so Gastrodon can switch into Water / Electric-type attacks freely and without cost. Giratina formes are very good here partners as Giratina can also wall physical attacks that Gastrodon doesn't like. If you aren't running Clear Smog, Zekrom should be considered for Calm Mind RestTalk Kyogre's (remove apostrophe) that you might face, as Gastrodon cannot reliably PP stall them. Zekrom checks are highly important as one wrong prediction could be costly,. (AP) Ferrothorn, Dialga, Arceus-Grass, and physically bulky fairies work well with this.

Other Options
########
Earth Power can be used as an alternative to Scald and hits surprisingly well hard with a boost from Storm Drain, (AC) although Earthquake hits all of its targets more reliably, (AC) and a Storm Drain boost is never guaranteed. Ice Beam can be used to hit Shaymin-S on the switch in as well as making other switch-ins (add dash) such as Rayquaza think twice about switching in and/or setting up on Gastrodon. Yawn can also be considered for spreading more status and is good for forcing switches and crippling switch-ins (add dash).

Checks and Counters
########

**Arceus-Grass**: (add colon) Arceus-Grass is a perfect counter to Gastrodon as all run either Judgment or Grass Knot, both of which Gastrodon hates severely. The only thing Gastrodon can do to Arceus-Grass is Toxic it on the switch-in (add dash).

**Shaymin-S**: (add colon) Shaymin-S is also a great counter to Gastrodon if it isn't carrying Ice Beam. Although it hates Toxic, Shaymin-S can easily Seed Flare and either OHKO Gastrodon, (RC) or hit something that switches into it and damage it heavily.

**Ferrothorn**: (add colon) Gastrodon is completely walled by Ferrothorn as Toxic does not affect it, and some Ferrothorns carry Power Whip.

**Toxic Palkia**: (add colon) Only the Toxic Palkia set is a threat to Gastrodon, (AC) as any other move can be Mirror Coated back to usually OHKO Palkia. Toxic is useless against Toxic Palkia as they always carry Rest, (AC) and sometimes Sleep Talk. (AP)

**Ho-Oh**: (add colon) This Pokemon does not care about Toxic due to Regenerator and Gastrodon's Scald does only up to 30% on the 248 HP variants, (AC) while Ho-Oh can OHKO with Brave Bird

**Groudon**: (add colon) Groudon brings in the sun which Gastrodon hates, (AC) as Scald isn't exactly overpowered powerful. The most you can hope for is a burn chance on the switch or a Toxic hitting on the switch. Mirror Coat does nothing as Groudon is a Physical Attacker. (once again, we are expected to know this)

**Clerics**: (add colon) Gastrodon's Toxic and Burns can be made completely irrelevant due to cleric sets healing their teammates, this proves annoying as one of Gastrodon's secondary roles is to spread status and cripple teams with Toxic and Burn. (AP)

**Gothitelle**: (add colon) Gothitelle can trap Gastrodon using Shadow Tag and set up on him it if you don't run Clear Smog, which will eventually lead to Gothitelle taking out more Pokemon than just Gastrodon. Gothitelle is unaffected by Toxic due to it carrying Rest.

the set moves/ability don't need to be capitalized, although i don't know if it makes any difference. also, you should cut down on the fluff. tagging GatoDelFuego to take a look at this check (and maybe stamp it hehe bwoii :]]]).

Last edited:
Changes have been made, does that mean its GP 1/2 or does it need stamped by GP twice? Mysteria

Sorry about the johning too, I've been dealing with a lot of shit most of which includes revising for my Air Force interview

EDIT: Also changed Clear Smog to the first move with Mirror Coat slashed Hack :]

Changes have been made, does that mean its GP 1/2 or does it need stamped by GP twice? Mysteria

Sorry about the johning too, I've been dealing with a lot of shit most of which includes revising for my Air Force interview

EDIT: Also changed Clear Smog to the first move with Mirror Coat slashed Hack :]
I'm just an Amateur Checker, but if a GP member wants to come and stamp my check, then it will count for GP 1/2.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, here's another amcheck.

Remember to not just copy and paste whatever is underneath the spoiler. There were several instances where Mysteria's comments in parenthesis were present in the analysis.
Overview
#########

Don't let Gastrodon's size fool you; it has one of the best abilities for Ubers. Storm Drain gives Gastrodon the ability to switch into any Water-type attack, come off withtake no damage, (AC) and get a nice little Special Attack boost. While its main role is countering Kyogre, Gastrodon can function in other ways too. It can Toxic most things that come inscare Kyogre out and use Toxic on it once Kyogrethe Pokemon that switches outin, and use Mirror Coat to bounces back Sspecial Aattacks for huge amounts of damage. BoaGastrodon loves spreading status with Scald and Toxic, but hates opposing clerics. Due to Gastrodon's Water / Ground typing, it boasts only one weakness, it also ha to Grass-type attacks and an immunity to Electric-type attacks due to its versatile Water / Ground typing. While its offensive stats are quite tame, once it gets a +1 Special Attack boost, it can hit surprisingly hard (tense issue). Gastrodon is mainly used on stall teams that require a check to the fearsome Kyogre, although it is also viable on balanced teams as a wall. Gastrodon loves spreading status with Scald and Toxic, but hates opposing clerics.

Name: Special Wall
#########
Move 1: Scald
Move 2: Toxic
Move 3: Clear Smog / Mirror Coat
Move 4: Recover
Ability: Storm Drain
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Nature: Calm

Moves
========

Scald is a mandatory STAB andmove that hits quite hard with a +1 Special Attack boost. The chance of burn is also very nice, considering the amount of physical attackers that switch in on Gastrodon. ItScald can also help greatly ifdefrost Gastrodon if it gets frozen by a Kyogre's Ice Beam freezes Gastrodon, which would otherwise render it helpless. Toxic is also great for annoying and hindering Pokemon that try and come in or set up (add space) on Gastrodon. Toxic is also especially good at crippling and pressuring Calm Mind Arceus variants that aren't carrying Refresh, in the case that they are, however, another teammate can deal with it. Clear Smog is used to deal with Calm Mind Kyogre sets and other setup sweepers. Mirror Coat can be used as an alternative to Clear Smog , as thisit doeals huge amounts of damage back to most special attackers that do hardly anythinginflict any damage to Gastrodon, such as Kyogre, Palkia, and some Calm Mind Arceus formes. Recover is Gastrodon's best and most reliable recovery move, whichand can be used on the turn Kyogre switches out to maximize your chances of walling Sspecial Aattackers. Most of these moves punish the opponent for using Kyogre recklessly and will help with crippling and punching a hole in the opposing team.

Set Details
========
Maximum HP EVs should always be used to take advantage of Gastrodon's large bulk and maximize the amount of damage it can take. 120 Defense EVs allows Gastrodon to avoid the 2HKO from Support Groudon, Low Kick Blaziken, and the OHKO from +2 Life Orb Jolly Extreme Speed Arceus. 136 Special Defense EVs still allows it Gastrodon to check Choice Specs Ice Beam Kyogre and wall other special attackers if it has to. A Calm nature is used to further increase Gastrodon's Special Defense. Storm Drain is the obvious choice of ability, as it provides a Water-type immunity and raising ites Gastrodon's Special Attack by +1 if hit by a Water-type attack. An EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD is highly recommendedcan also be used, (AC) as ithis allows you to take less damage from special attacks toand maximize the walling capacity of Gastrodon, although this also means it is highly prone to Mega Mewtwo Y's Psystrike and physical attacks. (add period)

Usage Tips
========
Although it is obvious, sSwitch in on Kyogre's attacks if you don't want serious damage done to your team. Gastrodon is extremely predictable, so switch upange your switch-ins (add dash) to Water-type attacks to keep your opponent from outplaying and predicting you. Gastrodon is a Pokemon that absolutely hates hazards, especially Toxic Spikes. Try andto keep hazards off your side of the field as much as you can to limit the punishment for switching Gastrodon in. Scout for any Grass-type moves you think the opponent might have, as Grass-type attacks are Gastrodon's only weakness.

Team Options
========
Clerics are highly appreciated by Gastrodon, as Sstatus Effects can severely hinder this Pokemon's walling ability. Xerneas is a good cleric that works well with Gastrodon. Fire-type or Flying-type Pokemon such as Ho-Oh are good teammates, as they remcove ther Gastrodon's Grass-type Pokemon that threaten Gastrodonweakness. Defoggers are also highly appreciated, as they remove hazards so Gastrodon can switch into Water /- and Electric-type attacks freely without cost. Giratina formes are very good partners, (AC) as Giratina can also wall physical attacks thatwhich Gastrodon doesn't like. If you aren't running Clear Smog, Zekrom should be considered forto handle the Calm Mind RestTalk Kyogres that you might face, as Gastrodon cannot reliably PP stall them. Zekrom checks are highly important as one wrong prediction could be costly. Ferrothorn, Dialga, Arceus-Grass, and physically bulky fairies work well with this.checking opposing Zekrom, as one wrong prediction could be costly.

Other Options
########
Earth Power can be used as an alternative to Scald and,as it hits surprisingly hard with a boost from Storm Drain, althoughwever, Earthquake hits all of its targets more reliablyso an option, ands a Storm Drain boost is never guaranteed. Ice Beam can be used to hit Shaymin-S on the switch in, (AC) as well as making other switch-ins such as Rayquaza think twice about switching in and/or setting up on Gastrodon. Yawn can also be considered for spreading more status and is good for forcing switches and crippling switch-ins.

Checks and Counters
########

**Arceus-Grass**: Arceus-Grass is a perfect counter to Gastrodon, (AC) as all run either Judgment or Grass Knot, both of which Gastrodon hate. The only thing Gastrodon can do to Arceus-Grass is Toxic it on the switch-in.

**Shaymin-S**: Shaymin-S is also a great counter to Gastrodon if it isn't carrying Ice Beam. Although it hates Toxic, Shaymin-S can easily Seed Flare and either OHKO Gastrodon or hit something that switches into it andfor lots of damage it heavily.

**Ferrothorn**: Gastrodon is completely walled by Ferrothorn, (AC) as Toxic does not affect it, and some Ferrothorn also carry Power Whip.

**Toxic Palkia**: Only Palkia theat carry Toxic Palkia set isare a threat to Gastrodon, as any other move can be reflected with Mirror Coated back to and usually OHKO Palkia. Toxic is useless against Toxic Palkia, (AC) as they always carry Rest, and sometimes Sleep Talk.

**Ho-Oh**: This PokemonHo-Oh does not care about Toxic due to Regenerator, (AC) and Gastrodon's Scald does only does up to 30% on the 248 HP variants, while Ho-Oh can OHKO with Brave Bird. (add period)

**Groudon**: Groudon brings in the sun, (AC) which Gastrodon hates, as Scald isn't exactly powerfulweakens Scald. The most you can hope for is a burn chanceing or poisoning it on the switch or a Toxic hitting on the switch.with Scald or Toxic.

**Clerics**: Gastrodon's Toxic and BurnsScald can be made completely irrelevant due to cleric setsPokemon healing their teammates,; this proves annoying as one of Gastrodon's secondary roles is to spread status and cripple teams with Toxic and Burn.

**Gothitelle**: Gothitelle can trap Gastrodon using Shadow Tag and set up on it if you don't run Clear Smog, which will eventually lead to Gothitelle taking out more Pokemon than just Gastrodon. Gothitelle is unaffected by Toxic due to it carrying Rest.

Last edited:
Yeah Mirror Coat beats Taunt and therefore Gastro can win Gengar 1-1 with dying itself, but Clear Smog's ability to stop Refresh CM Arceus is useful for some Stall teams (though Clear Smog gets stomped on by SubCM Ogre and SubCM Arceus formes). Both are good as I mentioned before, I'm fine with the current slashing.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove
add (Capitalize)

(comments)
GASTRODON

QC Checks: Fireburn, Sweep, Edgar
GP Checks: Redew,

Overview
#########

Don't let Gastrodon's size fool you; it has one of the best abilities for Ubers. Storm Drain gives Gastrodon the ability to switch into any Water-type attack, take no damage, and get a nice little Special Attack boost. While its main role is countering Kyogre, Gastrodon can function in other ways too. It can (remove line break)
scare Kyogre out and use Toxic on the Pokemon that switches in after it scares Kyogre out (reworded because 'scare Kyogre out' is countering Kyogre and you're talking about other jobs here), and it can use Mirror Coat to bounce back special attacks for huge amounts of damage. Gastrodon loves spreading status with Scald and Toxic, (RC) but hates opposing clerics. Due to Gastrodon's Water / Ground typing, it boasts only one weakness, (AC) to Grass-type attacks, (AC) and an immunity to Electric-type attacks. (period) While its offensive stats are quite tame, once it gets a +1 Special Attack boost, it can hit surprisingly hard. Gastrodon is mainly used on stall teams that require a check to the fearsome Kyogre, although it is also viable on balanced teams as a wall.

name: Special Wall
#########
move 1: Scald
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Clear Smog / Mirror Coat
move 4: Recover
ability: Storm Drain
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
nature: Calm

Moves
========

Scald is a mandatory STAB move that hits quite hard with a +1 Special Attack boost. The chance of burn is also very nice, considering the amount of physical attackers that switch in on Gastrodon. Scald can also defrost Gastrodon if it gets frozen by a Kyogre's Ice Beam, which would otherwise render it helpless. Toxic is great for annoying and hindering Pokemon that try and to come in or set up on Gastrodon; (SC) Toxic is also it is especially good at crippling and pressuring Calm Mind Arceus variants that aren't carrying Refresh. Clear Smog is used to deal with Calm Mind Kyogre sets and other setup sweepers. Mirror Coat can be used as an alternative to Clear Smog , as it deals huge amounts of damage back to most special attackers that hardly inflict any damage to Gastrodon, such as Kyogre, Palkia, and some Calm Mind Arceus formes. Recover is Gastrodon's most reliable recovery move, (RC) and can be used on the turn Kyogre switches out to maximize your chances of walling special attackers. Most of these moves punish the opponent for using Kyogre recklessly and will help with crippling and punching a hole in the opposing team.

Set Details
========
Maximum HP EVs should always be used to take advantage of Gastrodon's large bulk and maximize the amount of damage it can take. 120 Defense EVs allow Gastrodon to avoid the 2HKO from support Groudon, (RC) and Low Kick Blaziken, and as well as (you don't avoid 'Low Kick Blaziken', which was what you were saying here) the OHKO from +2 Life Orb Jolly Extreme Speed Arceus. 136 Special Defense EVs still allow Gastrodon to check Choice Specs Ice Beam Kyogre and wall other special attackers if it has to. A Calm nature is used to further increase Gastrodon's Special Defense. Storm Drain is the obvious choice of ability, as it provides a Water-type immunity and raises Gastrodon's (unbold apostrophe) Special Attack by +1 one stage if hit by a Water-type attack. An EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD can also be used, as it allows you Gastrodon to take even less damage from special attacks and maximizes the its walling capacity of Gastrodon, although this also means renders it is highly prone to Mega Mewtwo Y's Psystrike and physical attacks.

Usage Tips
========
Switch in on Kyogre's attacks if you don't want serious damage done to your team. Gastrodon is extremely predictable, so change your switch-ins to Water-type attacks to keep your opponent from predicting and outplaying and predicting (right order) you. Gastrodon is a Pokemon that absolutely hates entry hazards, especially Toxic Spikes. Try to keep hazards off your side of the field as much as you can to limit the punishment for switching Gastrodon in prevent Gastrodon from being worn down. Scout for any Grass-type moves you think the opponent might have, as Grass-type attacks are Gastrodon's only weakness.

Team Options
========
Clerics are support is highly appreciated by Gastrodon, as status can severely hinder this Pokemon's its walling ability. Xerneas is a good cleric that works well with Gastrodon. Fire- or Flying-type Pokemon such as Ho-Oh are good teammates, as they cover Gastrodon's Grass-type weakness. Defoggers are also highly appreciated, as they remove entry hazards so Gastrodon can switch into Water- and Electric-type attacks freely without cost. Giratina formes are very good partners, as Giratina can wall physical attacks attackers which that Gastrodon doesn't like. If you aren't Gastrodon isn't running Clear Smog, Zekrom should be considered to handle the Calm Mind RestTalk Kyogre that you might face, as Gastrodon cannot reliably PP stall them it. Ferrothorn, Dialga, Arceus-Grass, and physically bulky Fairies work well checking opposing Zekrom, as one wrong prediction could be costly.

Other Options
########
Earth Power can be used as an alternative to Scald, as it hits surprisingly hard with a boost from Storm Drain; (SC) however, Earthquake is also an option, as a Storm Drain boost is never guaranteed. Ice Beam can be used to hit Shaymin-S on the switch, as well as making other switch-ins such as Rayquaza think twice about switching in or setting up on Gastrodon. Yawn can also be considered for spreading more status and (forcing switches is effectively what you'll be doing, not to mention you can't 'spread sleep' due to Sleep Clause) forcing switches.

Checks and Counters
########

**Arceus-Grass**: Arceus-Grass is a perfect counter to Gastrodon, as all run either Judgment or Grass Knot, both of which Gastrodon hates. The only thing Gastrodon can do to Arceus-Grass is Toxic it on the switch-in.

**Shaymin-S**: Shaymin-S is also a great counter to Gastrodon if it isn't carrying Ice Beam. Although it hates Toxic, Shaymin-S can easily use Seed Flare and to either OHKO Gastrodon or hit something that switches into it for lots of damage.

**Ferrothorn**: Gastrodon is completely walled by Ferrothorn, as Toxic does not affect it; (SC) and moreover, (no causal link here/doesn't have anything to do with walling) some Ferrothorn also carry Power Whip.

**Toxic Palkia**: Only Palkia that carry Toxic are a threat to Gastrodon, as any other move can be reflected with Mirror Coat and to usually OHKO Palkia. Toxic is useless against Toxic Palkia, as they always carry Rest, (RC) and sometimes Sleep Talk.

**Ho-Oh**: Ho-Oh does not care about Toxic due to Regenerator, and Gastrodon's Scald only does up to 30% on the 248 HP variants, while Ho-Oh can OHKO with Brave Bird.

**Groudon**: Groudon brings in the sun, which Gastrodon hates, as it weakens Scald. The most you can hope for is burning or poisoning it on the switch with Scald or Toxic, respectively.

**Clerics**: Gastrodon's Toxic and Scald burns can be made completely irrelevant due to cleric Pokemon healing their teammates,; (should be semicolon, don't just c/p everything ^_^) this proves annoying, (AC) as one of Gastrodon's secondary roles is to spread status and cripple teams with Toxic and Burn.

**Gothitelle**: Gothitelle can trap Gastrodon using Shadow Tag and set up on it if you don't Gastrodon doesn't run Clear Smog, which will eventually lead to Gothitelle taking out more Pokemon. Gothitelle is unaffected by Toxic due to it carrying Rest.

GP 2/2

Man, this is so weird, i never got a notification for this *_* also, changes have been made and analysis is complete

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)