Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Previous Team Analysis:

Gym Leaders
Hoenn League
Rivals
There's really only one group of battles to look at, the battles with the villainous team. It's not as long as I thought it would be as I generalize a lot of info aside from the bosses, but still the info I found was interesting:

Now, I'm not going to list EVERY grunt here, just general things I noticed:

1. Team Aqua uses members of the Poochyena, Carvanha, Zubat, and now Grimer family.
2. Team Magma uses members of the Poochyena, Numel, Zubat, and now Weezing family.
3. The Grunt Horde battles are just use either all Poochyena or Mightyena.
4. There are a lot of grunts who's levels are end game, even being above Archie's/Maxie's.

Opinion:
Well it's nice to see they added another Pokemon to their roster... but it's another Poison-type (though it sort of makes sense which one they chose, Aqua gets a pile of liquid sludge and Magma gets a ball of highly flammable methane gas). Still, I wished they gave them another family of their preferred type. Ignoring the starters, Aqua has the Lotad, Wingull, Surskit, Goldeen, Magikarp, Marill, Tentacool, Wailmer, Barboach, Corphish, Feebas, Staryu, Psyduck, Spheal, Clamperl, Relicanth, Corsola, Chinchou, Lucdisc, and Horsea family; meanwhile, adding on Fire-types since Primal Groudon is Ground/Fire, Magma has the Nincada, Geodude, Slugma, Torkoal, Sandshrew, Trapinch, Barboach, Baltoy, Vulpix, Phanpy, and Rhyhorn family. Heck, I'm sure Magma could even use some Rock-types too (it's not like they don't share similar weaknesses).
I'm also disappointed that the Grunt Horde battles are just with all Poochyena or Mightyena. I was kind of hoping for more, like one Horde battle using a Pokemon of the team's type preference or all different Pokemon. Maybe even have an Admin leading a whole Horde battle.
Finally, what's with the grunts with the end game level teams? Archie/Maxie don't have that high a level, BUT after looking for the Admins Matt and Courtney do. Am I seeing what is possibly a postgame story involving Team Aqua and Team Magma? I'll talk more about it when I talk about the admins next.

Like before, just going to mention general things:

1. First off, there seems to be a mysterious Grunt who uses a Level 5 Zigzagoon. I'm going to guess this is placeholder data, in this build they hadn't either decided or programmed which Admin is there and what there team would be (or they simply won't use this data). Interestingly there is 1 for Aqua but there are 3 for Magma.
2. Shelly and Tabitha have 3 battle, all who's Pokemon's level are under their boss's.
3. Matt and Courtney have 5 battles, 3 who's Pokemon's level are under their boss's and 2 which are above it. In addition, their last battle uses their bosses Mega Pokemon. As a final odd note, they ONLY use the same Pokemon as their boss except for Matt who at some point used a Mightyena.
4. Their levels (and sometimes Pokemon) aren't always equal with their opposite team's counterpart.

Opinion:
Friendly reminder, you only battled each Admin two times in the original games. I can only assume a LOT of this is just placeholder data, unless they're going to have the stories be slightly different when you battle them though I doubt that. They're probably just testing out which setup is the best to use. Also I'm hoping that the low amount of Pokemon means they may Tag Battle with a grunt or the other Admin during the story (or maybe even with their boss).
As I said with the grunts, Matt and Courtney has 2 teams who's Pokemon are highered level than their boss's and the final battle with them has them using their boss's Mega Pokemon. This looks to something new added to the post game, like maybe they refuse to let their goals die (or maybe you'll need to fight members of the other team!). However, the thing about that is that it seems it's with the wrong Admin, at least for Magma. Tabitha is the one who wants to take over Team Magma after Maxie. In addition Matt is completely loyal to Archie so if he quits then I would imagine also Matt. To there's only two possible conclusions: (1.) They have the wrong Admin for both or (2.) All the Admins do continue with their team's goal but the final battle is with Shelly/Tabitha.

Being there teams are the same with only two Pokemon swapped out, I can go over all their battles:

Zigzagoon (Lv. 5)
Opinion:
... OH NO! A Zigzagoon! I know they're the boss of an evil team but that's just too much to handle! Okay, all hope is not lost, Zigzagoon is a Normal-type so it's weak to Fighting-types, in addition Ghot-types are immune to their STAB...
I'm guessing this is placeholder data which may or may not be used. I have no idea what would go here.

Archie:
Mightyena (Lv. 25), Golbat (Lv. 25), Sharpedo (Lv. 27)

Maxie:
Mightyena (Lv. 25), Golbat (Lv. 25), Camerupt (Lv. 27)
Changes:
1. Mightyena and Golbat gained 1 level.
2. Sharpedo/Camerupt gained 2 levels.
Opinion:
Not much to say, once again there's no moves to really discuss any more on. Use type advantage and you'll pretty much be safe, you'll maybe even have the ability to Mega Evolve by then, who knows.

Archie:
Mightyena (Lv. 41), Muk (Lv. 41), Crobat (Lv. 41), Sharpedo (Lv. 43) @[~ 759]

Maxie:
Mightyena (Lv. 41), Weezing (Lv. 41), Crobat (Lv. 41), Camerupt (Lv. 43) @[~ 767]
Changes:
1. Gained an extra Pokemon; Archie got a Muk, Maxie got a Weezing.
2. Sharpedo/Camerupt is now holding their Mega Stone.
Opinion:
It's nice they added the extra Pokemon they gave to each team, though that's not the main focus here, now is it? Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt, that should be interesting especially without a Legendary Pokemon backing you up like in XY. Of course, you'd still have your Mega Pokemon and any of the Starters would either have an adventage of be at equal footing. Against Mega Sharpedo there's Mega Sceptile who has a Grass-type advantage, Mega Blaziken who has a Fighting-type advantage, and Mega Swampert is on equal footing with it. Against Mega Camerupt there's Mega Sceptile who's Dragon-type gives it equal footing against, Mega Blaziken who may be weak to Ground-types but would be faster, and Mega Swampert has the Water-type advantage. So yeah, even without a Legendary you shouldn't have that difficult time as long as you have your starter (and other Pokemon, some who may have a type advantage as well).
*Sigh* Remember how awesome it was when in BW you faced not one but two villain bosses who had a whole team of 6 (one with a Legendary Pokemon) or in B2W2 when Ghetsis sort of had 7 Pokemon as you needed to defeat Black/White Kyurem and then Ghetsis. However I guess someone must have complained as in XY we went back to the villain bosses not having a full party of Pokemon meaning the Champion probably could have handled things. Sorry, I know, I'm nitpicking. Maybe right after battling Archie/Maxie we'd need to battle Primal Kyogre/Groudon? That could make up for it. Ooh, maybe that "Zigzagoon placeholder" is maybe meant to be a battle with them as they use Primal Kyogre/Groudon!

Next time I'm just going to look through the list and point out any other interesting battles.

I would say that it might get a Fairy-type move, but the only damaging Fairy-type move Ralts can learn is Dazzling Gleam from TM. So just be aware that it's part Fairy-type now which means it's type chart has changed. However it shouldn't be that hard of a battle.​

It gets Disarming Voice and Draining Kiss via level up in ORAS now. The former is learnt at Lv11, so it's likely to have it.​

Has anyone found the meaning to "playing everyday" for some reward? I did 10 play throughs on day 1 and haven't touched the demo since. A quick google tells me that there is a "secret place" option along with photo proof, but since serebii hasn't said anything about it I question it's legitimacy

Has anyone found the meaning to "playing everyday" for some reward? I did 10 play throughs on day 1 and haven't touched the demo since. A quick google tells me that there is a "secret place" option along with photo proof, but since serebii hasn't said anything about it I question it's legitimacy
Why would Serebii say anything about it when they haven't played every day to find out and won't give out information found from hacking?

Why would Serebii say anything about it when they haven't played every day to find out and won't give out information found from hacking?
Because this supposed "secret place" was found after about 20 plays but isn't happening for everyone. Playing everyday might not mean 1 big reward but rewards for e.g. 3 days, 5 days, 7 days, etc.

I love the ATD regarding the legendary artifacts. The Red and Blue Orbs were changed into hold items that cause Primal Reversion, but Rayquaza (most likely) has his own mega stone/device that wasn't retrofit from the Jade Orb.

This makes me wonder, though. Is the villainous team going to steal the correct stone and Primal Revert the legendary of each game? I can kind of imagine what the revised climax scene is going to be like.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Because this supposed "secret place" was found after about 20 plays but isn't happening for everyone. Playing everyday might not mean 1 big reward but rewards for e.g. 3 days, 5 days, 7 days, etc.
Makes sense, I plan on playing everyday since that's what they said. Call me greedy, but the only items they're giving is a few Pokeballs and Heart Scales (I was expecting we'd also be getting some Potions and curing items. Actually what I thought we'd start out getting the cheap items but as we played everyday the we'd get better and better items until we've reached the "end")? I don't know, it just seems like there's more to the demo then that. And even if there isn't, we're still getting a Mega Evolution out of it plus a few items. :)

I love the ATD regarding the legendary artifacts. The Red and Blue Orbs were changed into hold items that cause Primal Reversion, but Rayquaza (most likely) has his own mega stone/device that wasn't retrofit from the Jade Orb.

This makes me wonder, though. Is the villainous team going to steal the correct stone and Primal Revert the legendary of each game? I can kind of imagine what the revised climax scene is going to be like.
Rayquaza is odd, when it Mega Evolves it says its answering your prayers.

And yeah, I'm curious how that part plays out since in the original they grabbed the wrong orb (even though they were color-coded...). But for the story to go as we've seen it they'd have to grab the right ones. Though I'm curious why, at the end of all this, we'll be allowed to keep the orb. Didn't we need to return them in the original games? Are the old couple going to be like "Thank you for saving Hoenn and getting back our sacred orb that prevents the Legendary you caught to enter its Primal state. As a reward, keep the orb, I'm sure nothing bad will happen...".

Previous Team Analysis:

Gym Leaders
Hoenn League
Rivals
Team Aqua/Magma

Onto the Hoenn League Rematches and Notable Trainers!

New to ORAS is that when you rechallenge the Hoenn League they'll have stronger teams. The Elite Four recieve a noticeable upgrade as they not only have 6 Pokemon but also a Mega Pokemon!

Scrafty (Lv. 70) (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Crunch/Brick Break/Poison Jab/Dragon Claw)
Shiftry (Lv. 70) (Ability: Chlorophyll) (Moves: Fake Out/Feint Attack/Extrasensory/Leaf Blade)
Sharpedo (Lv. 70) (Ability: Rough Skin) (Moves: Crunch/Poison Fang/Aqua Jet/Slash)
Zoroark (Lv. 70) (Ability: Illusion) (Moves: Night Slash/Shadow Claw/Dark Pulse/Flamethrower)
Mandibuzz (Lv. 70) (Ability: Overcoat) (Moves: Brave Bird/Bone Rush/Feint Attack/Tailwind)
Absol (Lv. 72) Absolite (Ability: Super Luck) (Moves: Aerial Ace/Night Slash/Psycho Cut/Slash)
Opinion:
Figures that Sidney would get a Scrafty being they share similar styles. :P He also gets a Mandibuzz and a Zoroark (so if he sends out his Absol, it may not be his Absol, not that it matters as they're both share the same weaknesses. Rather pointless to have a Zoroark actually). And though his Absol can Mega Evolve it's moves haven't really changed so I guess use the same strategy as you did before.

Banette (Lv. 71) (Ability: Insomnia) (Moves: Shadow Ball/Grudge/Toxic/Psychic)
Mismagius (Lv. 71) (Ability: Levitate) (Moves: Shadow Ball/Power Gem/Thunderbolt/Pain Split)
Drifblim (Lv. 71) (Ability: Aftermath) (Moves: Phantom Force/Psychic/Icy Wind/Acrobatics)
Chandelure (Lv. 71) (Ability: Flame Body) (Moves: Hex/Flamethrower/Energy Ball/Dark Pulse)
Dusknoir (Lv. 71) (Ability: Pressure) (Moves: Hex/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch)
Sableye (Lv. 73) @[~ 754] (Ability: Prankster) (Moves: Shadow Claw/Foul Play/Power Gem/Fake Out)
Opinion:
Ouch, poor Dusknoir, doesn't have a Mega Evolution so it was shoved in the back with her other Pokemon (they could have at least made it level 72). Anyway Phoebe can finally have the team of her dreams, but has she chosen wisely? First off she kept the Banette that has Grudge/Toxic/Psychic, tossing the one with Spite/Will-O-Wisp/Feint Attack (I think she made the wrong choice). She now has a Mismagius which knows Pain Split which can be annoying, a Drifblim with the Ability Aftermath so don't attack it physically, and a Chandelure. As for her Mega Sableye, not to sure if that was her best choice since I think it was meant to be a supporting Pokemon. Good selection, bad selection, we'll see when we battle her.

Abomasnow (Lv. 72) (Ability: Snow Warning) (Moves: Blizzard/Wood Hammer/Ice Shard/Earthquake)
Beartic (Lv. 72) (Ability: Snow Cloak) (Moves: Icicle Crash/Slash/Shadow Claw/Brick Break)
Froslass (Lv. 72) (Ability: Snow Cloak) (Moves: Draining Kiss/Blizzard/Hail/Shadow Ball)
Vanilluxe (Lv. 72) (Ability: Ice Body) (Moves: Ice Beam/Mirror Coat/Freeze-Dry/Signal Beam)
Walrein (Lv. 72) (Ability: Thick Fat) (Moves: Surf/Body Slam/Blizzard/Sheer Cold)
Glalie (Lv. 74) @Glalitite (Ability: Inner Focus) (Moves: Protect/Ice Shard/Hail/Freeze-Dry)
Opinion:
And Walrein too got slapped in the face! Her new ace Pokemon is now her Mega Glalie, and its the Glalie that has Protect/Ice Shard/Hail/Freeze-Dry. AKA it has no use for its Refrigerate Ability (GAH! Ditch Protect and give it Headbutt, Return, or even Facade!). Well, at least her team now isn't 4/5 Snorunt family. She kept the Froslass Draining Kiss/Shadow Ball which is possibly the best of the two just because it has something super effective against Dark-types. Now she has an Abomasnow which is a good idea being how much her team relies on Hail, Beartic with Snow Cloak, and a Vanilluxe with Ice Body. Oddly Beartic and Vanilluxe don't have Hail, I guess they figure she has enough members on her team with Hail it wouldn't matter that much. Will it? We'll see.

Altaria (Lv. 73) (Ability: Natural Cure) (Moves: Aerial Ace/Cotton Guard/Dragon Pulse/Moonblast)
Dragalge (Lv. 73) (Ability: Poison Point) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Hydro Pump/Sludge Wave/Thunderbolt)
Kingdra (Lv. 73) (Ability: Sniper) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Surf/Yawn/Ice Beam)
Flygon (Lv. 73) (Ability: Levitate) (Moves: Flamethrower/Boomburst/Dragon Pulse/Screech)
Haxorus (Lv. 73) (Ability: Mold Breaker) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Earthquake/X-Scissor/Shadow Claw)
Salamence (Lv. 75) @[~ 769] (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Dragon Rush/Zen Headbutt/Crunch/Thunder Fang)
Opinion:
And just like Glacia's Mega Glalie, Drake's Mega Salamence has Aerilate yet no moves that can use it (Double-Edge, Headbutt, Return, Facade, Thrash, Giga Impact...). Well, at least Salamence remains his ace. Of course he also tossed one his Flygon... and it was the Physical one he tossed (I hope Boomburst is REALLY worth it). Well the first Dragon-type any Dragon-type expert should now get is Dragalge because Fairy. He also now has a Haxorus because its name has hax in it, and what more does the computer like to do than cheat?

Skarmory (Lv. 77) (Ability: Sturdy) (Moves: Toxic/Aerial Ace/Spikes/Steel Wing)
Claydol (Lv. 77) (Ability: Levitate) (Moves: Reflect/Light Screen/Extrasensory/Earth Power)
Carbink (Lv. 77) (Ability: Clear Body) (Moves: Moonblast/Power Gem/Psychic/Earth Power)
Aerodactyl (Lv. 77) (Ability: Pressure) (Moves: Rock Slide/Ice Fang/Thunder Fang/Fire Fang)
Aggron (Lv. 77) (Ability: Sturdy) (Moves: Stone Edge/Earthquake/Iron Tail/Dragon Claw)
Metagross (Lv. 79) @Metagrossite (Ability: Clear Body) (Moves: Bullet Punch/Zen Headbutt/Meteor Mash/Giga Impact)
Opinion:
So he got rid of his Fossil Pokemon for another Fossil Pokemon and a Pokemon that's millions of years old. So nothing has changed. I guess Aerodactyl can be a threat with those Elemental Fangs, though Carbink is really more of a support Pokemon.

So overall, these rematches are a bit dissapointing as they are now. Being they didn't change thier previous Pokemon's moves, I'm hoping that this means this is just a placeholder team and they'll improve them before ORAS release. Also I do hope they remember to give their Pokemon items to hold.

Those who played RSE may remember the interviewing duo of Gabby the reporter and Ty the camerman. You'll encounter them on either Route 111, 118, or 120. Bascially defeat them in a Double Battle and, after doing an interview with them or not, they'll move onto the next Route (if they're on Route 120 they'll go back to Route 111) and can be battled once more. They can probably be useful to level your Pokemon up, so let's see their team:

First Battle (Route 111):
Magnemite (Lv. 20)(Ability: Magnet Pull) & Whismur (Lv. 20)(Ability: Soundproof)

Second Battle (Route 118):
Magneton (Lv. 29)(Ability: Magnet Pull) & Loudred (Lv. 29)(Ability: Soundproof)

Third Battle (Route 120):
Magneton (Lv. 34) & Loudred (Lv. 34)

Fourth Battle (Route 111):
Magneton (Lv. 41) & Loudred (Lv. 41)

Fifth Battle (Route 118):
Magneton (Lv. 45) & Exploud (Lv. 45)(Ability: Soundproof)

Sixth Battle (Route 120) & Onwards:
Magnezone (Lv. 51)(Ability: Magnet Pull) & Exploud (Lv. 51)
Changes:
1. First battle both their Pokemon gained 1 level.
2. Second battle both their Pokemon gained 2 levels. Ty now uses a Magneton.
3. Third battle both their Pokemon gained 4 levels.
4. Fourth battle both their Pokemon gained 8 levels.
5. Fifth battle both their Pokemon gained 9 levels. Gabby now uses an Exploud.
6. Sixth battle both their Pokemon gained 12 levels. Ty now uses a Magnzone.
Opinion:
Hey, the higher level their Pokemon just means the faster my Pokemon can level up. Of course this is assuming they work the same way, they can easily be exploited to easily grind experience so they might change the way they work to prevent that. I would also say I was hoping for them to use more Pokemon, but that would just make them more exploitable (if they hadn't changed).
FUN FACT: Originally their Pokemon's levels stopped at 39, which meant Gabby's Exploud was undeleveled as Loudred evolves at Level 40.

I'm sure everyone remembers the Winstrate family, a family made up of a father, mother, daughter and grandmother who love to battle. They challenge you to 4 sequential battles which at the end you'll get a Macho Brace. However there was a fifth member of the family, a son, who had gone off to challenge the Pokemon League and they joked he's probably Champion by now. So what happened to this son? He's just a random trainer on Victory Road who's just as tough as the trainers there and I think can even be skipped. Yeah, bit of a let down, but hey this is a new game so maybe they did something more with them?

Victor:
Taillow (Lv. 17) @Oran Berry, Zigzagoon (Lv. 19) @Oran Berry

Victoria:
Roselia (Lv. 20) @Oran Berry

Vivi:
Goldeen (Lv. 16), Shroomish (Lv. 16), Numel (Lv. 16)

Vicky:
Meditite (Lv 22)(Moves: Force Palm/Meditate/Confusion/Feint)

Vito:
Electrode (Lv. 44), Swalot (Lv. 44), Darmanitan (Lv. 44)
Changes:
1. Victor's Tailow gained 1 level & Zigzagoon gained 3 levels.
2. Victoria's Roselia gained 3 level.
3. Vivi swapped her Marill for a Goldeen, & Shroomish and Numel gained 1 level.
4. Vicky's Meditite gained 4 levels; lost Hi Jump Kick and Detect; & gained Force Palm and Feint.
5. Vito almost has a whole new team (he had an Electrode in Emerald), he also has one less Pokemon.
Opinion:
No, no they didn't do any more with them. The sequential battle does look a bit tougher (and the parents are the few trainers who remember they can give items to their Pokemon to hold) but otherwise nothing else. Well, almost nothing else. Though I wasn't expecting much to be done with the family, I was hoping maybe they would do more with Vito and it seems like they possibly did. Vito's team is not only entirely different, but he also has a Darmanitan which is not in the Hoenn Dex. So could this mean they're doing something with him? Well, no, as it turns out a few of the Victory Road trainers have Pokemon not in the Hoenn Dex (as well as some S.S Tidal trainers). So my guess is that these are either placeholder Pokemon or they may want to throw us a curveball and have us battling Pokemon we wouldn't normally battle. But alas, that still means Vito is nothing special.
I was kind of hoping the would let us be able to revisit the family and battle them again with stronger teams and possibly give Vito some bit of story, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Oh well.

During the story you'll encounter Steven a few times and he must have a team of a Pokemon programmed with him during these times and he's called "Pokemon Trainer" like your rivals. Now one of these teams is exactly like his Champion team, however then there's this:

Metagross (Lv. 45) @Metagrossite (Ability: Clear Body) (Moves: Zen Headbutt/Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash/Giga Impact)
He only has his Metagross and its lower leveled. Now in Emerald you and Steven had a tag battle against Maxie & Tabitha where Steven used a Metang (Lv 42), Skarmory (Lv 43), and Aggron (Lv 44). Could it be they'll have something similar to that in ORAS, though instead of 3 Pokemon he'll have his Mega Metagross? OR, being it can Mega Evolve, maybe Steven will teach you how to Mega Evolve once he gives you the Mega Bangle, using his Metagross as an example?

Recognize the team below? If you play Emerald you will, this is Wallace's team when he's Champion!

Wailord (Lv. 55) (Ability: Oblivious) (Moves: Water Spout/Heavy Slam/Earthquake/Blizzard)
Tentacruel (Lv. 55) (Ability: Clear Body) (Moves: Sludge Wave/Brine/Rain Dance/Dazzling Gleam)
Ludicolo (Lv. 55) (Ability: Swift Swim) (Moves: Fake Out/Scald/Energy Ball/Ice Beam)
Whiscash (Lv. 55) (Ability: Oblivious) (Moves: Earthquake/Muddy Water/Rock Tomb/Rain Dance)
Gyarados (Lv. 55) (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Waterfall/Crunch/Ice Fang/Stone Edge)
Milotic (Lv. 57) (Ability: Marvel Scale) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Blizzard/Recover/Hydro Pump)
Changes:
1. Wailord lost 2 levels; Switched Abilities from Water Veil to Oblivious; lost Rain Dance and Double-Edge; & gained Heavy Slam and Earthquake.
2. Tentacruel has a different moveset.
3. Ludicolo lost 1 level & has a different moveset.
4. Whiscash lost 1 level; lost Amnesia, Hyper Beam, and Surf; gained Muddy Water, Rock Tomb, and Rain Dance.
5. Gyarados lost 1 level & has a different moveset.
6. Milotic lost 1 level; lost Toxic, Ice Beam, and Surf; gained Dragon Pulse, Blizzard, and Hydro Pump; & is no longer holding a Sitrus Berry.
Opinion:
All offense team, except for his Milotic which of course has Recover. His Pokemon's levels are between that of Drake and Steven during the initial Hoenn League challenge, so I have no idea when this battle is suppose to take place. Eitherway it's nice to see some bits of Emerald having gotten in, though sadly I see no Juan in the trainer list. :(

There's this new trainer named Zinnia and she's notable in a few ways. She has two teams, the first one is when she's classified as "Pokemon Trainer Zinnia", and as I said only your rival and Steven are ever given the "Pokemon Trainer" Trainer Class:

Tyrantrum (Lv. 55) (Ability: Strong Jaw) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge)
Altaria (Lv. 55) (Ability: Natural Cure) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Moonblast/Flamethrower/Hyper Voice)
Salamence (Lv. 57) (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang)
Her Pokemon's level are on par with Sootopolitan Wallace, so once again I have no idea when this battle takes place. However things get more strange with her second battle when she's called "Lorekeeper Zinnia" and has the following team:

Goodra (Lv. 60) (Ability: Sap Sipper) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Muddy Water/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam)
Noivern (Lv. 60) (Ability: Infiltrator) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Air Slash/Shadow Ball/Super Fang)
Altaria (Lv. 60) (Ability: Natural Cure) (Moves: Dragon Pulse/Moonblast/Flamethrower/Hyper Voice)
Tyrantrum (Lv. 60) (Ability: Strong Jaw) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Earthquake/Stone Edge)
Salamence (Lv. 62) @[~ 769] (Ability: Intimidate) (Moves: Dragon Claw/Crunch/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang)
Yeah, she uses a Mega Salamence (and STILL has no Normal-type moves on it)! So obviously she's someone important. Being the "Lorekeeper" and training Dragon-types, maybe she'll have something to do with Mega Rayquaza?

Aarune has two teams in the game, one which is probably when you first encounter him and the another which is endgame level. He's classified as "Secret Base Expert Aarune":

First Battle:
Flygon (Lv. 23) normal gem (Ability: Levitate) (Moves: Secret Power/Fly/Earth Power/Dragon Claw)

Second Battle:
Flygon (Lv. 53) normal gem (Ability: Levitate) (Moves: Secret Power/Fly/Earthquake/Dragon Rush)
I like how he equipped his Flyon with a Normal Gem to try and make Secret Power usable. Eitherway his looks like just a fun bonus battle and at least he remembers that Flygon is a Physical attacker, Drake.

While we're talking about Secret Bases, I found a whole batch of trainers called "Secret Base Trainer Grunt". There's a batch of them, all have 3 basic/baby stage Pokemon who are level 5, with some who are mono-type. Could these possibly be trainers you can initially use in your Secret Base Gym? Hopefully they'll let you adjust their levels, otherwise you Gym would be a breeze to get through.

While looking through the list, I saw three special trainers, one which some of you may recognize. Here are their name and teams:

Proprietor Inver:
Zigzagoon (Lv. 5)

Rotation Girl Circie:
Simisage (Lv. 42) (Moves: Crunch/Energy Ball/Payback/Brick Break)
Simisear (Lv. 42) (Moves: Crunch/Flamethrower/Endeavor/Rock Slide)
Simipour (Lv. 42) (Moves: Crunch/Surf/Facade/Ice Punch)

Fare Prince Trencherman:
Lucario (Lv. 75) @King’s Rock (Ability: Steadfast) (Moves: Extreme Speed/-----/-----/-----)
Togekiss (Lv. 75) @King’s Rock (Ability: Serene Grace) (Moves: Air Slash/-----/-----/-----)
Lucario (Lv. 75) @King’s Rock (Ability: Steadfast) (Moves: Extreme Speed/-----/-----/-----)
First off, some of you may recognize Inver as being the name of a Psychic in XY who can use his powers to do Inverse Battles! :D I hope this means that they're actually making Inverse Battles into a bigger machanic, and obviously his team just being a placeholder as, at least in XY, Inver's team was a randomly chosen one from the Battle Maison.
As for the other two, I wonder if they could be these two:

Hmm, well their teams look interesting. Circie uses the Elemental Monkeys with I guess okay moveset. Trencherman is a bit odd, I'm going to guess those are placeholders. Guess we'll need to wait until ORAS to see what they're all about.

Got two to talk about:

Youngster Joey (Route 116):
Zigzagoon (Lv. 7)
Machop (Lv. 9)

Ace Trainer Jennifer (Route 120):
Milotic (Lv. 36) (Moves: Refresh/Twister/Recover/Water Pulse)
Changes:
1. Joey's Pokemon lost 1 level.
2. Jennifer's Milotic gained 5 levels.
Opinion:
First, how can I not mention Youngster Joey? Well, Hoenn Youngster Joey, who isn't REALLY Youngster Joey. The "One Percent Ratatta" Youngster Joey we all know and love is in the Johto games and his Japanese name is "Goro". The Hoenn Youngster Joey's Japanese name is "Takeo". Now there have been other trainers named "Goro" in the Japanese version of the games, but none have ever been a Youngster. THE MORE YOU KNOW! :D
And then we have Jennifer. This BITCH. A few people actually may know Jennifer as that random Route 120 trainer who has a Milotic who LIKES TO TEAR YOUR TEAM APART! Well, at least if you chose Torchic, I had a Blaziken when I went up against her (when I was young I tended to only train my starter, yeah, I know, no need to mention I was a dumb kid). Now up till this point my Blaziken was perfectly able to take on other Water-type it had faced, but not this Milotic. It tanked my Blaziken's Double Kick and knocked it out with a Water-type move. Being my other Pokemon were not fit to battle, I luckily had a Wobbuffet who I had use Destiny Bond on it, forcing it to knock itself out thus saving me from blacking out. I won but needed to run back to the Pokemon Center to heal up. I never forgot this battle, and now here I am seeing I may need to face it once more. However I'm REALLY debating trying to skip over her and then coming back post game after transferring over my Level 100 Mega Blaziken to teach her a lesson...

And that's all! I really don't know what else to talk about now. Well, I'm going to get the demo soon, so there's that.

Last edited:
And then we have Jennifer. This BITCH. A few people actually may know Jennifer as that random Route 120 trainer who has a Milotic who LIKES TO TEAR YOUR TEAM APART! Well, at least if you chose Torchic, I had a Blaziken when I went up against her (when I was young I tended to only train my starter, yeah, I know, no need to mention I was a dumb kid). Now up till this point my Blaziken was perfectly able to take on other Water-type it had faced, but not this Milotic. It tanked my Blaziken's Double Kick and knocked it out with a Water-type move. Being my other Pokemon were not fit to battle, I luckily had a Wobbuffet who I had use Destiny Bond on it, forcing it to knock itself out thus saving me from blacking out. I won but needed to run back to the Pokemon Center to heal up. I never forgot this battle, and now here I am seeing I may need to face it once more. However I'm REALLY debating trying to skip over her and then coming back post game after transferring over my Level 100 Mega Blaziken to teach her a lesson...
So.. I wasn't the only one who got wrecked by her when I first encountered her, huh?

I picked Treecko for my starter, but I swapped him out for another Pokemon for a little for a change. Wish I didn't.

On the other hand, the second battle with Wallace and this Zinnia trainer is very interesting.

You talk like you're gonna make a contribution to everything we already know about it.
Calm down, it's just 30 minutes of gameplay.
And tbh it is kind of... meh. There's barely a plot and the only real draw is trying out Mega Swampert, Sceptile and Glalie/Steelix, then transferring the latter to your game.
You also get to see how fUCKING PRETTY Mossdeep is too.

I like going into raw data and seeing stuff like this:
  1. Pokémon Trainer May - 005
  2. ======
  3. Pokemon: 1
  4. Torchic (Lv. 5) (Ability: Blaze) (Moves: Scratch/―――――/―――――/―――――) IVs: All 0
================
  1. Pokémon Trainer May - 296
  2. ======
  3. Pokemon: 3
  4. Wailmer (Lv. 18) (Ability: Water Veil) IVs: All 15
  5. Shroomish (Lv. 18) (Ability: Effect Spore) IVs: All 15
  6. Combusken (Lv. 20) (Ability: Blaze) IVs: All 15
================
  1. Pokémon Trainer May - 299
  2. ======
  3. Pokemon: 3
  4. Wailmer (Lv. 31) (Ability: Water Veil) IVs: All 20
  5. Shroomish (Lv. 31) (Ability: Effect Spore) IVs: All 20
  6. Combusken (Lv. 33) (Ability: Blaze) IVs: All 20
================
  1. Pokémon Trainer May - 531
  2. ======
  3. Pokemon: 4
  4. Swellow (Lv. 37) (Ability: Guts) IVs: All 20
  5. Wailord (Lv. 37) (Ability: Water Veil) IVs: All 20
  6. Breloom (Lv. 37) (Ability: Effect Spore) IVs: All 20
  7. Blaziken (Lv. 39) (Ability: Blaze) IVs: All 20
================
  1. Pokémon Trainer May - 907
  2. ======
  3. Pokemon: 5
  4. Swellow (Lv. 48) (Ability: Guts) (Moves: Aerial Ace/Quick Attack/U-turn/Steel Wing) IVs: All 20
  5. Raichu (Lv. 48) (Ability: Static) (Moves: Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Quick Attack/Light Screen) IVs: All 20
  6. Wailord (Lv. 48) (Ability: Water Veil) (Moves: Surf/Heavy Slam/Bulldoze/Ice Beam) IVs: All 20
  7. Breloom (Lv. 48) (Ability: Effect Spore) (Moves: Seed Bomb/Force Palm/Venoshock/Rock Tomb) IVs: All 20
  8. Blaziken (Lv. 50) @Blazikenite (Ability: Blaze) (Moves: Blaze Kick/Brick Break/Quick Attack/Shadow Claw) IVs: All 20
================
May can only hax her team so much.
And then you think about how much more efficient programming teams like this is versus recalling former data and adding onto it.

~I am just in heaven. thx, little things~

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
And yeah, I'm curious how that part plays out since in the original they grabbed the wrong orb (even though they were color-coded...). But for the story to go as we've seen it they'd have to grab the right ones. Though I'm curious why, at the end of all this, we'll be allowed to keep the orb. Didn't we need to return them in the original games? Are the old couple going to be like "Thank you for saving Hoenn and getting back our sacred orb that prevents the Legendary you caught to enter its Primal state. As a reward, keep the orb, I'm sure nothing bad will happen...".
If you recall, the opposite colored orb was a means to control the legendary. The matching colored orb, on the other hand, attracts them (R/S/HG/SS) and drives them on a rampage if they came into direct contact with the legendary (Primal Reversion).

Interesting to note that Kyogre have red lines marking its body, while Groudon has dark blue lines. However, when Primal Reversion happens, these lines switch color. Perhaps these markings display the path of their immense energy, and are moderated by the orbs. Kyogre and Groudon are powerful enough without their reversions, and Team Aqua/Magma may have had these formes in mind initially. But of course, like in the original, something went wrong...

Considering that Red/Blue Orb are no longer key items, I wouldn't be surprised if the player doesn't receive the orb from Mt. Pyre in an effort to keep him/her for messing up the storyline by deleting it or trading it away. From the screenshots we've seen, it appears that the player will be battling the legendaries in their primal form, so they must've gotten hold of the orbs somehow. Catching them will then grant the player access to the orbs.

The official site updated to announce Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie. In addition to this, it was revealed that North America is getting Mega Glalie in the demo, leaving only Japan getting Mega Steelix.

The official site updated to announce Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie. In addition to this, it was revealed that North America is getting Mega Glalie in the demo, leaving only Japan getting Mega Steelix.
WOW this is taking GF's Japan favouritism to whole new levels of bullshit. I mean... locking a whole Mega, not even an event, to just one country?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
WOW this is taking GF's Japan favouritism to whole new levels of bullshit. I mean... locking a whole Mega, not even an event, to just one country?
What about V-Create Rayquaza or Moonblast Jirachi? Japan gets shit we don't all the time.

Last edited:
That also means that there's going to be a high demand of Steelixite and an excess of Glalielite, so Mega stones collectors who aren't in japan will have a lot problems to obtain it or demand huge value mons or/and items for them while the Glalielite will have a lower value than it should have. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)