move 4: Substitute/Superpower
ability: Mold Breaker
item: Eviolite
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

• Dragon Dance to boost already high attack and make speed usable
  • Outrage/Dclaw as obligatory STAB. Outrage is probably better since you'll be walled by steels/relevant fairies anyways
  • P-jab to nail fairy type switch-ins
  • Sub to increase longevity, Low Kick for coverage

Set Details
========

• Standard EV spread, HP over speed because it's a better tank than quick mon
  • Adamant to boost already sky high attack
  • Eviolite to give it the extra bulk it needs to set up

Usage Tips
========
  • Use as a cleaner, not an outright sweeper
  • Fear Fairies, Pjab isn't immunity to them
  • Run from the mention of Knock Off

Team Options
========

• A Granbull counter
  • Way to take down Steel Types
  • Heal Bell/Aromatherapy to prevent burns
  • sticky Web support is nice since its speed is piss even at +1
  • Knock Off sponge is a necessity
  • Defiant mon to deter Intimidate

Choice Band
########
name: Choice Band
move 1: Outrage
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Low Kick/Superpower
move 4: Poison Jab
item: Choice Band
evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

Moves
========

• Low Kick is only slightly weaker than Superpower as both moves can 2HKO the likes of Regirock, but Low Kick doesn't lower your stats.
  • Poison Jab is obviously for fairies.
  • Running both Outrage and Dragon Claw is key for not getting locked in when you don't want to.

Set Details
========

• Adamant nature with 252 Atk/252 Spe is best spread for any banded mon
  • Choice Band is the crux of the set, boosting Fraxure's already sky-high attack
  • Mold Breaker is by far the best ability choice

Usage Tips
========

• Use as an anti-lead vs. teams with Crustle/Golem/Carracosta/etc.
  • While Dragon Typing is good, don't overestimate bulk without Eviolite

Team Options
========

• Web/Tailwind support because speed is still bad
  • The nature of band sets requires switch in to walls of its attack types, so Fairy and Steel switch ins
  • Defiant mon to deter Intimidate

Other Options
########

• Double Dance (SD + DD)
  • Band
  • Iron Tail, X-Scissor, and Low Kick as coverage options

Checks & Counters
########
  • Granbull (Gets separate notice from general fairies for Intimidate)
  • Steel Types
  • Fairy Types
  • Knock Off
  • Sneasel (once again special mention because of a combo)

Last edited:
I'll have this filled in by Saturday at worst. School and relationships are a bit of a hindrance but I'll try to right this on mobile if possible

I believe this is ready, so moving into QC. Need advice on:

Is band good enough for a set?
Preferable EVs for Bulky DD? I'm just using 252/252 because I never found a relevant hit to take in testing

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, I'll give my input on a few things:

Overview:
Fairy types need a big mention, for obvious reasons
Has to rely on superpower to hit steel types, which can suck

Moves:
Idk about substitute, fraxure prefers having the coverage moves. Taunt could be used here instead.

Set Details:
I suggest running a spread of 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe, which allows you to outspeed timid cryogonal after a DD, and everything slower.
Fraxure really doesnt need the bulk.

Other stuff:
Fairy type lures like Gunk Shot primeape and Sawk work well as teammates.
Choice band definitely should have a set, amazing wallbreaker.
Aqua tail is p. nice to smack rhydon.

Might add some more stuff later.

Alright, I'll give my input on a few things:

Overview:
Fairy types need a big mention, for obvious reasons
Has to rely on superpower to hit steel types, which can suck
Added a bit in cons extending this a bit, I may add more in time though

Moves:
Idk about substitute, fraxure prefers having the coverage moves. Taunt could be used here instead.
In testing Substitute has been by far the best option I can find since a lot of things fail to break it's subs due to its rare typing. I will add Taunt, however

Set Details:
I suggest running a spread of 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe, which allows you to outspeed timid cryogonal after a DD, and everything slower.
Fraxure really doesnt need the bulk.
I feel like the bulk is the main reason this thing is so reliable, and I'm pretty sure we aren't supposed to speed creep analyses, so I'll wait on QC on this one

Other stuff:
Fairy type lures like Gunk Shot primeape and Sawk work well as teammates.
Will add
Choice band definitely should have a set, amazing wallbreaker.
I was afraid you'd say that ;; I'm awaiting QC approval on this as well just in case
Aqua tail is p. nice to smack rhydon.
I'll add it in OO

Might add some more stuff later.
Replies in Bold because i cba to properly edit a post

Oh yes, Choice Band Fraxure needs its own set. Should run Outrage/Dragon Claw/Low Kick/Poison Jab.
  • Low Kick is only slightly weaker than Superpower as both moves can 2HKO the likes of Regirock, but Low Kick doesn't lower your stats.
  • Running both Outrage and Dragon Claw is key for not getting locked in when you don't want to.
  • Adamant nature with 252 Atk/252 Spe is best spread.

Oh yes, Choice Band Fraxure needs its own set. Should run Outrage/Dragon Claw/Low Kick/Poison Jab.
  • Adamant nature with 252 Atk/252 Spe is best spread.
I'll add it in a bit, just replying via mobile atm. Is low kick preferable on DD as well?

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Peef Rimgar, I think Superpower should be used over Low Kick on Dragon Dance. Low Kick does shit damage to Ferroseed (40 Base Power zzz). I'd like DD to be:

Dragon Dance
########
name: Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Superpower / Taunt
move 4: Poison Jab / Aqua Tail
item: Eviolite
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Max HP is garbage because you usually only need one boost to sweep against offensive teams. Dragon Claw is completely better than Outrage because locking into a Dragon-type move in a metagame with Slurpuff, Ferroseed, Steelix, Togetic, etc. is awful. Superpower hits Ferroseed and other Steel-types hard, while Taunt helps you set up against defensive Pokemon. Poison Jab hits Fairy-types, while Aqua Tail bones Rhydon, hits Steelix hard, and has the best neutral coverage alongside Dragon Claw. Sets with Taunt should always use Aqua Tail, while sets with Superpower are fine to use either or. You simply cannot beat everything with Fraxure unless you use Choice Band and just go to town, so you're going to need solid team support no matter what you choose--Fairy-types weakened if you're not running Poison Jab, Ferroseed removal if you're not running Superpower because even though you can Taunt it Gyro Ball will do tons to +1 Fraxure, and Rhydon weakened if you're not running Aqua Tail. In general, bulky Pokemon are problematic because Dragon Claw is not a very strong move, so you need to make sure to weaken the opposing team regardless.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey Peef Rimgar are you still working on this? Last time the OP was edited was some time in September, I know you are quite busy from our PU chat but if you could give us some time frame as to when this will be update that would be great. I would also recommend going back through and rereading the entire thing as you've improved your analyses writing from what I can tell from when this was first written. What needs to be added onto is UT and TO for both sets and C&C needs to be filled out.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
tbh Ranger Mike you can, but since its still at qc 0/0 you are probably better off waiting a bit and learn the ORAS metagame (which imo isn't stable yet) before taking over Fraxure. IIRC people are only finishing those who were nearly done since we can just edit stuff via SCMS later on, and if they do need a revamp well somebody else will probably be able to do it.

Fraxure definitely needs to be taken over obv, and im sure nobody will mind if you do it when the new meta is more stable :) I don't want you to waste your time starting a skeleton for the XY meta when ORAS meta is here and will probably change stuff for Fraxure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)