ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, why the hell did you bring up Raichu when the video didn't (unless I missed something)?
It was the video comment. Pikachu was on the wall as well, so it's somewhat possible that it's getting a mega, or is just there because it's Pikachu

Eh we had Mega Gardevoir before we had Mega Gallade so even if it's weird, it wouldn't be uncharacteristic of GF.
Note taken. MSeviper for Pokemon X2Y2/Z/Gen 7 then!

So, I haven't seen it discussed yet, nor have I seen anything in the data dumps, but is there anything in the demo about Secret Base related items?

Okay I got to watch the video, and evidence presented is non-conclusive. I know the Law of the Conservation of Detail is a thing, but it's entirely possible that GF did that on purpose to troll us. Unless something gets revealed by the main site that isn't in the demo, we can only assume that there's nothing new because of how much shit they left in it that shouldn't be there.

Then don't use words like confirmed, which implies finality. Also, why the hell did you bring up Raichu when the video didn't (unless I missed something)?
Again, you're nitpicking. And yes like what mhykah said Pikachu was on the poster. But It's Pikachu and Pikachu's everywhere so that's why I said it's unlikely we'll see mega Raichu.

inb4 Mega-Slaking has Slow Start.

I still don't really see Gym Leaders getting Megas unless it's a rematch.
Well yes, but remember in X and Y how Korrina had a Mega Lucario? It could be something like that. And before anyone says that Norman can't have a mega because he doesn't have a keystone in his artwork, look at Glacia. Glacia doesn't have one visible but has a Mega Glalie. This is very unlikely due to the lack of text in the demo for this, but if we get more megas, I think anything is possible.

Well yes, but remember in X and Y how Korrina had a Mega Lucario? It could be something like that. And before anyone says that Norman can't have a mega because he doesn't have a keystone in his artwork, look at Glacia. Glacia doesn't have one visible but has a Mega Glalie. This is very unlikely due to the lack of text in the demo for this, but if we get more megas, I think anything is possible.
Honestly, Norman seems the most likely to me to fill Korrina's role of Megaman, if only because his Gym is like the halfway point in the game and significant because he's your father.

Did Lysandre have a Mega stone in his artwork? I can only remember his weird bee outfit.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, I haven't seen it discussed yet, nor have I seen anything in the data dumps, but is there anything in the demo about Secret Base related items?
Aarune is in the demo but he just quickly talks about Secret Bases.

In the dumps you do battle Aarune two times (he only has a Flygon in both fights) and there are a batch of trainers called "Secret Base Grunts".

Honestly, Norman seems the most likely to me to fill Korrina's role of Megaman, if only because his Gym is like the halfway point in the game and significant because he's your father.

Did Lysandre have a Mega stone in his artwork? I can only remember his weird bee outfit.
Well, I do believe the mega bangle is given sometime between the 5th and 6th gyms, so it would make sense. And yes, Lysandre does have a mega ring in his artwork, but I don't believe his character was revealed before the games came out.

Aarune is in the demo but he just quickly talks about Secret Bases.

In the dumps you do battle Aarune two times (he only has a Flygon in both fights) and there are a batch of trainers called "Secret Base Grunts".
So there's no actual data for anything like dolls, tables, or tires? I'd imagine that it would be somewhere, even if we don't handle the items in our bags ourselves.

Also something i noticed and i don't know if this has been discussed yet, in the collection of Trainer Mugshots : Maxie and Archie are missing. (or i am completely blind).
Is there a reason (like the missing lvlup moves for pokémon obtainable in the demo) or does that mean the demo is really missing things (so possibly new megas) ?

Also something i noticed and i don't know if this has been discussed yet, in the collection of Trainer Mugshots : Maxie and Archie are missing. (or i am completely blind).
Is there a reason (like the missing lvlup moves for pokémon obtainable in the demo) or does that mean the demo is really missing things (so possibly new megas) ?
Wally's final battle mugshot is also missing.

His points are pretty stupid tbh, his reasoning is based on conjecture, not any sort of actual proof.
Of course there's no proof. It's speculation. If you want proof go on Serebii or Pokemon.com. If you want speculation you can't complain about there not being enough evidence or good reasons, because if there was it would make the claim more of a fact than a theory. I think it's worth noting, even if there isn't much base to it.

Your stupidity and the fact that you're in denial, there aren't going to be anymore Mega(s), there's absolutely no reason GF would've left all that data in the demo and not have just removed all of it.
Jesus Christ it's Pokemon and I'm allowed to think what I want to think. I'm not "in denial" about a stupid video game. I personally don't care if the mural has anything to do with future megas. If it does, cool more megas! If not, then oh well we have a bunch of cool ones anyway.
Didn't you say Mega Raichu might have been confirmed based off of it? Also, baseless specilation is not allowed and will get the thread closed if we don't shut up about it.
Yeah, your point? I never said it's wrong to think of possibilities. And you're right this is not the place for this, and I've been trying to get off the topic but you guys keep bringing it back up.
What is difficult to understand? We have data mined info so we stick to discussing that rather than speculating on what could be, and falling into wishful thinking.
I understand what he's saying, I'm referring to how he's being an asshole like many long-time Smogoners. They think they're so high and mighty because they're good at a game made for children, and start to become arrogant and rude. I see it way too much. I will admit it got a little out of hand but he doesn't need to be a douche about it.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Jesus Christ it's Pokemon and I'm allowed to think what I want to think. I'm not "in denial" about a stupid video game. I personally don't care if the mural has anything to do with future megas. If it does, cool more megas! If not, then oh well we have a bunch of cool ones anyway.

Yeah, your point? I never said it's wrong to think of possibilities. And your right this is not the place for this, and I've been trying to get off the topic but you guys keep bringing it back up.

I understand what he's saying, I'm referring to how he's being an asshole like many long-time Smogoners. They think they're so high and mighty because they're good at a game made for children, and start to become arrogant and rude. I see it way too much. I will admit it got a little out of hand but he doesn't need to be a douche about it.
I'm actually pretty insecure about my battling prowess. We're being assholes cause we think you're just being dumb and not following the rules that have been clearly laid out in the thread title. Also, kinda want this thread to stay open because Serebii has a really crappy forum layout and I can't post there anyway due to email bullshit.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Right...

If any of you are getting a little tetchy about what others are saying, just leave the thread and come back later. I'm seriously considering locking the thread (Something I don't want to do as it's American Demo time today). Europe got their time to talk about it, America should too.

Just calm down. If someone says something you don't agree with, explain why you don't agree reasonably and don't go spouting crap everywhere.

If the next few pages don't improve, we will be forced to either lock the thread or I will start giving out infractions. I've already given 1 to someone in this thread, I would prefer if I didn't have to give out more.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So there's no actual data for anything like dolls, tables, or tires? I'd imagine that it would be somewhere, even if we don't handle the items in our bags ourselves.
Oh, like that stuff. Hmm, don't know, I don't think those would be listed under normal items

Archie and Maxie are 3D models.

Wally's final battle mugshot is also missing.
Maybe final Wally is also going to be a 3D model? That or the data is just missing from the demo for some reason.

Looks like we have music files. A few interesting ones:

STRM_BGM_VS_DEOXYS
STRM_BGM_VS_FLARE
STRM_BGM_VS_FLARE_BOSS

STRM_BGM_VS_GIRATINA
STRM_BGM_VS_HOUOU
STRM_BGM_VS_LUGIA

And of course...
STRM_BGM_VS_BFRONTIER

http://pastebin.com/NgJ4vPZh
OMG!!! Team Flare is most likely just left over, but those other one's certainly are not. So this at least confirms a Deoxys event. I guess what is of the frontier music remains to be seen. :)

Edit: Actually, Team Flare DOESN'T seem to be leftover. That's even more peculiar.

Something notable from these music files:
There is music for Cobalion, but not for Virizion and Terrakion;
music for Dialga and Zekrom, not for Palkia and Reshiram;
The same goes for Uxie, which has music, and Mesprit and Azelf, who don't have any.

Can somebody explain this to me?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
The same goes for Uxie, which has music, and Mesprit and Azelf, who don't have any.

Likely because the Demo is based upon Alpha Sapphire's build. The other mons which are missing will be in the other games files. Makes sense to me.

The "third" of the triplets will likely only be available when you have the other 2 potentially.

It's the same music for each legendary group. I believe that's why. One interesting thing to note is that there is only one track for the beasts titled "Suikun" when in HGSS their tracks were slightly different.

Edit: Greninja'd! Sorta... Not sure which one of us is correct though

Likely because the Demo is based upon Alpha Sapphire's build. The other mons which are missing will be in the other games files. Makes sense to me.

The "third" of the triplets will likely only be available when you have the other 2 potentially.
But then why are both Lugia's Theme and Ho-Oh's Theme in Alpha Sapphire? You'd expect them to be version-exclusive as well.

But then why are both Lugia's Theme and Ho-Oh's Theme in Alpha Sapphire? You'd expect them to be version-exclusive as well.
Lugia and Ho-oh have completely different themes while Dialga/Palkia and the Lake Trio have the exact same themes respectively while Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem and the Johto Beasts have slight changes in certain places, but otherwise the same. They probably just picked 1 and left it with that.

As well as Cobalion which shares the same theme with the others in it's trio as well as the Forces of Nature trio.

Navel Rock, I'd expect. That will most likely (I'd think) be the island that we find them on. I'm midway between DHR-107 and edavis' opinions; It's already been confirmed that there will be game differences between the legendaries (particularly the cover legends, I'd think), but they'll probably use the same music for the trios, and just named them as they did for simplicity. I wouldn't be surprised to see the trios (the dogs, pixies, and musketeers) being starter dependent, though. That leaves the miscellaneous Sinnoh legends, Giratina, Kyurem, and the Kami trio (which doesn't really work the same way the others do...I think). Is there any sign of their music?

Here are some audio files I found interesting. I probably missed some cool ones due to just skipping them over or my lack of knowledge of the language.

STRM_BGM_KARAKURI Trick House

STRM_BGM_E_CHAMP Two different champ encounter themes. What's that all about?
STRM_BGM_E_CHAMP2

STRM_BGM_VS_NORAPOKE_SG Every original R/S/E Battle theme has a duplicate with the suffix _SG. Maybe some sort of GB player? If I'm wrong about this tell me but none of the legendary/team Flare music from other games have this suffix

STRM_BGM_BATTLE_TOWER We know this is at least returning.

Could be resort areas. There were 7 Frontier areas. This is a good sign. But R probably means route :(
  1. STRM_BGM_R_A
  2. STRM_BGM_R_B
  3. STRM_BGM_R_C
  4. STRM_BGM_R_D
  5. STRM_BGM_R_E
  6. STRM_BGM_R_F
  7. STRM_BGM_R_G

Edit: SG is GF's code for ORAS, so the one's with SG are probably just ORAS tracks and the others are from X and Y. Might pertain to CHAMP and CHAMP2 but not sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)