ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kei Chan
Well, america is a pretty big place.
They may be doing batch emails over today and tomorrow to x amount of fans every hour, so as not to crash their automated mail server.

You're fine, don't worry about it (ps, to chat about the demo, it's awesome. GF, you are every woman in the world to me right now and I love you so much)

EDIT:
Yea I'm on my phone so can't link but check out my latest retweet for information directly from customer service.

ily.

Last edited:
I'm just a little concerned because I signed up for marketing emails AGES ago (Hetacross event) and I've never ever received anything from them the whole time. I'd think they'd be all up in that.
Literally got the email 20 seconds after you posted this. XD

You're a good luck charm. Hope yours comes soon!

No code here :(

EDIT: Turns out it can take over a week to receive it; the emails are being sent in batches. Oh well.

Last edited:
"A week or more."

Bullshit. There is no reason why they had to make this "exclusive" and couldn't just put it on the E-Shop.
That time frame is really in case something goes horribly wrong.
(like a hacker attack, or if they sense a threat in the amount of wifi traffic)
They do distributions and allow connectivity like this so that both the mail sever and the eshop don't crash. GF has worked with nintendo like this since the beginning of gen5 when the dreamworld went down for a week because every japanese player and his mother were on the website all at the same time.
(remember that hard times?)
At the rate they're going, though, everyone who signed up in time should have a code by tomorrow night.

1. STRM_BGM_VS_GYMLEADER
  2. STRM_BGM_VS_GYMLEADER_SG
  3. STRM_BGM_VS_GYMLEADER2
So _SG is the ORAS battle theme, so I take it the first one is the XY theme
Is GYMLEADER2 supposed to be the special Korrina remix?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
That time frame is really in case something goes horribly wrong.
(like a hacker attack, or if they sense a threat in the amount of wifi traffic)
They do distributions and allow connectivity like this so that both the mail sever and the eshop don't crash. GF has worked with nintendo like this since the beginning of gen5 when the dreamworld went down for a week because every japanese player and his mother were on the website all at the same time. At the rate they're going, though, everyone who signed up in time should have a code by tomorrow night.
They should have learned from previous experience that they should up the number of servers when popular games are released, if only temporarily.

They should have learned from previous experience that they should up the number of servers when popular games are released.
They have.
And wouldn't you know it, they're still just too popular.
This method has everything working at its most optimal. They're keeping e-shop download times from taking half an hour. If you got the game downloaded, you may have noticed the download time was about 10 minutes, give or take.
Everyone else that you were batched with was online at the same time as you, causing a spike in traffic.
Like those times when you decide, out of the blue, to play with your processor by downloading a game and watching a movie while opening 73 unique tabs on your computer, that's essentially what the e-shop is going through every hour right now. It can only be so prepared.
(ps the demo is still super awesome)

TL;DR: momma GF can only spoonfeed so many whinerbabies at the same time

Last edited:
  1. STRM_BGM_VS_COBALION //Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion
  2. STRM_BGM_VS_DEOXYS //Deoxys
  3. STRM_BGM_VS_DIALGA //Dialga, Palkia
  4. STRM_BGM_VS_GIRATINA //Giratina
  5. STRM_BGM_VS_HEATRAN //Heatran, Cresselia, REgigias?
  6. STRM_BGM_VS_HIGANA //??
  7. STRM_BGM_VS_HOUOU //Ho-oh
  8. STRM_BGM_VS_LEGEND //XY theme? Unused?
  9. STRM_BGM_VS_LEGEND_02_SG //Lati@s? Generic legend theme?
  10. STRM_BGM_VS_LEGEND_SG //Regi?
  11. STRM_BGM_VS_LUGIA //Lugia
  12. STRM_BGM_VS_NORAPOKE //????
  13. STRM_BGM_VS_NORAPOKE_SG //????
  14. STRM_BGM_VS_SECRET_01 //????
  15. STRM_BGM_VS_SHITENNO_SG//????
  16. STRM_BGM_VS_SPECIAL_01 //???
  17. STRM_BGM_VS_SPECIAL_02 //???
  18. STRM_BGM_VS_SUIKUN //Suicune, Entei, Raikou
  19. STRM_BGM_VS_UXIE //Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf
  20. STRM_BGM_VS_ZEKROM //Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem?
does anyone have any idea what "Shitenno" "higana" and the norapokes would relate to
SPECCIAL might by various trainer or wild battle themes?

1. STRM_BGM_VS_SHITENNO_SG//????
does anyone have any idea what "Shitenno" "higana" and the norapokes would relate to
People seem to think this one belongs to Zinnia? Not 100% sure on this.

Edit: Well, Kurona proved that wrong.

1. STRM_BGM_VS_COBALION //Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion
  2. STRM_BGM_VS_DEOXYS //Deoxys
  3. STRM_BGM_VS_DIALGA //Dialga, Palkia
  4. STRM_BGM_VS_GIRATINA //Giratina
  5. STRM_BGM_VS_HEATRAN //Heatran, Cresselia, REgigias?
  6. STRM_BGM_VS_HIGANA //??
  7. STRM_BGM_VS_HOUOU //Ho-oh
  8. STRM_BGM_VS_LEGEND //XY theme? Unused?
  9. STRM_BGM_VS_LEGEND_02_SG //Lati@s? Generic legend theme?
  10. STRM_BGM_VS_LEGEND_SG //Regi?
  11. STRM_BGM_VS_LUGIA //Lugia
  12. STRM_BGM_VS_NORAPOKE //????
  13. STRM_BGM_VS_NORAPOKE_SG //????
  14. STRM_BGM_VS_SECRET_01 //????
  15. STRM_BGM_VS_SHITENNO_SG//????
  16. STRM_BGM_VS_SPECIAL_01 //???
  17. STRM_BGM_VS_SPECIAL_02 //???
  18. STRM_BGM_VS_SUIKUN //Suicune, Entei, Raikou
  19. STRM_BGM_VS_UXIE //Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf
  20. STRM_BGM_VS_ZEKROM //Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem?
"Shitenno" refers to the Elite Four; Shitennno meaning "four heavenly kings".
No idea what "Higana" is, though. A google search even tries to correct it; it doesn't appear to be a real word or even a fictional one.

They're playing the rustboro city music once you reach Mossdeep City in the demo.

I...I need a minute...the nostaliga is......
(๑ ⁍̥̥̥᷅ ᴈ⁍̥̥̥᷅)

So, uh, I can't take any pictures due to a lack of a camera, but I just encountered Aarune on my fourth 'adventure' and he keeps going on about 'the scent of adventure', 'a real super one', and 'a real secret one'.

Perhaps encountering him possibly unlocks the secret mission? I'll finish this up and update this post if anything happens.

Edit: Nothing seems to have opened up. More than likely just a reference to Secret Bases.

So, uh, I can't take any pictures due to a lack of a camera, but I just encountered Aarune on my fourth 'adventure' and he keeps going on about 'the scent of adventure', 'a real super one', and 'a real secret one'.

Perhaps encountering him possibly unlocks the secret mission? I'll finish this up and update this post if anything happens.
Already encountered him myself; X challenges later and nothing happens. He's just hinting towards his role in the game.

Edit: Nothing seems to have opened up. More than likely just a reference to Secret Bases.
secret bases are now called Super Secret Bases so yeah, probably just that

the renames of some of these features is so weird to me

Oh by the way the critical hit text is now yellow
Dunno why; it's super ugly and honestly wish it wasn't there.
Flamethrower looks sexy as hell now tho

Oh by the way the critical hit text is now yellow
Dunno why; it's super ugly and honestly wish it wasn't there.
Flamethrower looks sexy as hell now tho
Its probably to make it more noticeable since the eye detects yellow first before any other colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)