XY OU First OU team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this if my first OU team that I have made in a while. I have been lurking in NU and UU for pretty much... Well kinda always, and now I wanted to go into OU before ORAS comes out changing everything. So here is the team, some pointers would be cool if I have some huge "mistakes." I´m still quite rusty in OU; As mentioned I don´t play much OU in X-Y.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Confuse Ray

- Meant to wall threats to my Heatran, while also bringing in a good amount of SpDef, toxic + Confuse Ray to stall any special sweepers if necessary.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Heatran counters other peoples ferrethorns, and is also great for protecting my own; Switching in on any fire move to get the flash fire boost. I love leading with this vs teams with ferrethorns, as the lead usually make people switch into their own heatran, which makes an earth power usually one shot them unless their built in bulk. Life orb for that small boost to damage.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

- Great for setting up rocks, but also runs 2 STAB moves and leech seed to dish out some damage. Rocky helmet + Barbs give it that great utility against physical attackers, and wall things that I wont risk pulling out Blissey for.

Gengar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Infestation
- Infestation is kinda silly, I know, but tbh I love trapping Sp. Attackers that cant touch me in, with the Assault vest I ususally clean them up real nice as they do significantly less damage to me. 2 STAB moves, + dark pulse for coverage.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Running thunder wave instead of toxic for 2 reasons; Already have toxic on Rotom, and really want to have a tool to cripple physical sweepers who try to set up. Siesmic Toss to be able to do some damage on it, soft boiled and heal bell for obvious reasons.

Excadrill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide​
-Powerful attacker and a great rapid spinner. Does annoy me that it shares a lot of the same weaknesses that my other poke´s do, but then again, great bait for making the opponent go into a fire move for that flash fire + life orb damage from the heatran.​

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi! It is required that you have a minimum of three lines of description for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles as outlined by the RMT rules. Please read them carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail we require before posting a thread here. PM me with an updated version of your RMT after you review the rules and I'll reopen this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)