LC Player of the Week 19: zeriloa

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

zeriloa
Favourite Pokemon: Buizel
Known For: Offensively-based teams, Top 4 finish in LC Open

Hey everyone, it's your favourite Bot, QuoteCS, here again with another LC Player of the Week! This week I chose zeriloa, one of the more prominent LC players today. While known in the LC community as a great player, he was finally able to show off his skills in the LC Open and prove himself by finishing in the Top 4!

QuoteCS: Let's start things off by telling us a bit about yourself.

zeriloa: I'm a 15 year old sophomore at a boarding school in California. I spend most of my free time on PS,
hanging out with my friends or playing basketball.

QuoteCS: When did you start playing LC?

zeriloa: I started playing LC about a month after I joined Smogon, so in February of this year.

QuoteCS: What do you like most about LC?

zeriloa: I like the offensive nature of the tier, stall is something I dislike using and facing (not that I can't
beat it I just hate playing against it, win or lose), and LC is probably the tier least kind to it.

QuoteCS: Congratulations for finishing Top 4 in the LC Open. How do you feel about your overall performance in the Open, and what are your thoughts on the Open in general?

zeriloa: Thank you, and I'm satisfied with how I did in the Open except for game 2 of the semifinals, in which I
played terribly because of what happened game 1. This Open was cool, but I wish more LC players would have gone farther, and ideally an LC player would have won.

QuoteCS: If you could change something about LC, what would it be?

zeriloa: I'd have to say remove speed ties, which are really annoying and a lot of the reason that LC is looked
down on by some players.

QuoteCS: Which LC users/players inspire you? Which ones do you admire and respect?

zeriloa: Hm, Rowan and Heysup come to mind, they're both experienced LC players that I respect a lot, also people like Blarajan, Fitzy, and Apt-get who are great players. I also have to mention my friends from the LC
room, I can't possibly name everyone but Obvious Power, Corporal Levi, Fiend Hound, WaterlessMelon, and
Aerow are all great guys, even though I don't talk to some of them as much anymore.

QuoteCS: What do you think is one of the best strategies/teams in LC right now?

zeriloa: VoltTurn and balance are probably the best teams in LC at the moment, but I prefer hyper/regular offense. I think the standard Foo/Chou bulky offense VoltTurn teams are what's making LC stale currently, and I try to stay away from using those kinds of teams.

QuoteCS: Do you have any advice for new LCers?

zeriloa: Really the best way to learn the metagame is through experience and getting involved in the community, so just play as much as you can, and ask experienced players for advice. There's also all sorts of threads for LC beginners, so new LCers should be sure to check those out.

Thanks to zeriloa for allowing me to interview him! On a side note, I apologise for this being so late. Many factors got in the way this week so I had to delay the interview. I'll make sure next week's interview comes out on time (Wednesday/Thursday).

You got your shoutout, Blara. Hope you're happy. =]

Only few months, less than one year. You are only 15 years old and you achieved Top 4 in LC Open; it's important, it's a flying start. You're welcome, dude.

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Zeril is a nerd, bad at monz. He's also a god and a good fren :]

duh I'm macle without the frog addiction, and not like I even was commenting on zeril, he should have been earlier like right after me and blizzardy 7 people ago (kava told me)

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
can you guys just stop bitching about who is getting interviewed and who isnt, and whether you deserve an interview or not? This thread is not the place for this. Just congratulate your fellow LC players and stop being so self-entitled. Like fuck.

Congrats zeril. You do deserve this, as you are an excellent battler and teambuilder. Sorry this thread got hijacked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)