RMT Beauty and the Squid

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys, I'm QueenOfLuvdiscs. A lot of you probably won't know who I am, but I got into the CAP metagame last gen and fell in love with it. I'm very quiet on the forums, so which is why I might appear as some random. This team has got me great success on the ladder, and it's one of my favourite teams to use. Enough rambling; let's get into the team :]

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
The 'beauty' of the team; Mega Gardevoir is a huge threat in the CAP metagame thanks to its powerful Fairy STAB that rips through a lot of teams. We have Modest with max SpA so that it maximises the power MegaGarde has. The Spe invest allows her to outspeed +ve base 85 mons, so the leftover EVs just went into HP for some very slight bulk.
Hyper Voice is mandatory thanks to the Pixilate boost which dents everything unresisted; Psyshock lets Gardevoir hit specially defensive Pokemon like Mollux and Chansey much harder than Hyper Voice; Focus Blast is used for coverage to hit the Steel-types that resist it's dual STAB and finally, Taunt allows me to shut down any sort of support move my opponent wants, making it a great stallbreaker.

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
- Destiny Bond​

Volkraken the squid, and a mon I wanted to build around for a long time. Volkraken acts a great support mon as well as a heavy hitter, thanks to Analytic and it's access to U-turn and Destiny Bond. The reason I'm using a Modest nature is so that it hits harder and U-turn is only there for momentum; nothing else. I was torn between which STAB moves I wanted to use, until I finally decided on Hydro Pump and Flamethrower. I figured that hitting Colossoil harder was a priority on this team and then I just wanted an accurate Fire-type move.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Superpower
- Knock Off​

Landorus acts as a great mixed attacker in CAP, and pairs incredibly well with MegaGarde and Volkraken. Earth Power hits the Poison/Steel-types in the tier that Mega Gardevoir can't reliably break, whilst Sludge Wave hits opposing Fairy-types incredibly hard. Knock Off + Superpower lets me beat Chanseys with ease, which is a nuisance to my team. I went with a Naive nature so that I can take Sucker/Bullet Punches better.

Cyclohm @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 240 HP / 148 Def / 96 SpA / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Discharge
- Slack Off
- Toxic​

Ah Cyclohm, the best answer to Cawmodore the tier has. The bulk of has is amazing and it lets me sponge a lot of physical hits. Toxic and Slack Off give it great potential to stall out potential bulky threats whilst Discharge gives it a good STAB and a chance to paralyse faster threats to the team. The EVs are weird so I'll go into detail about them:
  • 240 HP gives Cyclohm 417 HP, which is a leftovers number, so that maximises the recovery.
  • 148 Def, when combined with the HP investment, means it can eat up any +6 hit that Cawmodore has to offer.
  • 96 SpA guarantees that Flamethrower OHKOs Cawmodore.
  • The remaining EVs I put into Spe to speed creep other Cyclohms.

Kitsunoh @ Spell Tag
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Shadow Strike
- Will-O-Wisp​

By far, Kitsunoh is my favourite CAP Pokemon this gen; can't build a team without it. Kitsunoh has everything good this gen; great typing, good speed tier and, most importantly, access to Defog. Defog + Will-O-Wisp gives me a great support mon that synergises with the team as well being able to wear down my opponents. I use Spell Tag so Shadow Strike hits harder and to trick my opponent into thinking that it's choiced in some way.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect​

Finally, to round off the team, I have specially defensive Ferrothorn. I noticed that my team struggled with Krilowatt, despite it losing popularity, I didn't want to risk it. The EVs are just what I like using on my Ferrothorns; not sure if there is a better spread but it works for me. Power Whip allows me to beat said Krilowatt, as well as severely cripple Colossoil. Leech Seed + Protect give me nice recovery as well as stall out my opponents a bit.

So there's the team guys, I really enjoy using it and I hope you guys do as well :]
http://pastebin.com/6N28sBwX

Last edited:
Looks good. The only thing I'd be concerned about is that you chose the Volkraken set that can't deal with Venusaur, the Landorus set that can't deal with Venusaur, and the Ferrothorn set that can't deal with Venusaur. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but given that your Gardevoir can't usually switch in safely, it's safe to keep that in mind. I might recommend either switching to Fire Blast on Kraken or adding Psychic to Landorus. I'd leave the Ferrothorn alone, since you need it for Krill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)