Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearl.

also not to nitpick Giustizia but unless leaf guard mechanics changed, it's pseudo-safeguard, not refresh. meaning being outsped and toxic'd first is a big deal. still like the set though.

Pearl.

PowerStyler said:
also not to nitpick Giustizia but unless leaf guard mechanics changed, it's pseudo-safeguard, not refresh. meaning being outsped and toxic'd first is a big deal.
PowerStyler Alas, 'tis true. A team needs to be centred around keeping perma-Sun if TANKgrowth is to operate effectively. Heat Rock, Prankster Volbeat currently does a pretty good job.

Well, i was going to post a set, but i didn't had the time to finish it, i'll just go for the person who made the closest set to mine, so basically, pearl

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic

resttalk m-banette. not only is rest priority healing (and it isn't that unreliable pain split either), but sleep talk turns knock off into a priority move as well, which is really cool. m-banette can take advantage of its whopping 165 base attack with priority on a damaging move that isn't as predict-heavy as sucker punch and weak as shadow sneak, and on top of that as a great side effect. toxic seems weird when will-o-wisp exists, but banette can toxstall stall with toxic + rest + knock off. the first turn you m-evolve you don't have prankster and you can take a lot of damage, but one cool thing about rest is that so you can rest first turn and get back up to full health and have priority.

Banette @Banettite
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spa/4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

Pretty basic, yet original & somehow effective if used right, CM Banette.
Banette in itself has this pretty good 92 Spa, and access to a better STAB, Shadow Ball.
Dazzling Gleam provides a good coverage with Shadow Ball, allowing you to hit nicely everything you can't hit decently with Shadow Ball.
The 4th move is basic, Prankster Destiny Bond is a great move, and on a set like this, where you would except some coverage, it has a good surprise factor.
If you want to, you can change Destiny Bond for Status or Coverage, but i really prefer Destiny Bond.

Banette @ Banettite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot / Will-O-Wisp
- Infestation
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Infestation + Taunt eliminates most counterplay to Destiny Bond. Gunk Shot beats Aromatisse, which could otherwise stall out Destiny Bond PP. (For what it's worth, Banette can get 2 kills on an Aromatisse switch-in, first by killing it and then DBonding whatever comes in afterwards.) Of course, Will-O-Wisp could be used to cripple incoming Pursuit trappers if that's more important to your team.

pair it up with something that appreciates aromatisse or a regenerator mon out of the way, since it's not sweeping on its own

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion

WIN CONDITION (Banette) (M) @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cotton Guard
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Random Coverage Move (Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, whatever)

Probably the best example of a Pokemon cursed by 4 MSS. It has a lot of coverage moves it'd love to run, so the last slot is a bit of a toss up. It can run Will-O-Wisp > Cotton Guard, but that really removes a lot of this set's fun, so it's a no-no. Weak to Roar and Dragon Tail, but those aren't the most common thing in the world anyways, so just try to remove possible users of those moves before attempting a sweep, because Banette is actually meant to be used as a win condition, shrugging everything teams throw at it and getting +6 on 3 different stats in the meantime. Rest heals off status, since Banette actually gives no fucks about anything and needs to take a nap sometimes.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia / Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

I'm not a big stall player but this set is designed to fill a few roles on a stall team. As a ghost type that doesn't take boosted damage from knock off and can burn opposing spinners with +1 priority it's already useful. But when it's paired with Curse, Pain Split and Knock off, it's also able to put huge pressure on opposing stall teams. Of course, Taunt is more of a standard for stallbreakers but Curse allows you to beat aromatisse, lickilicky and more importantly last mon sweepers such as registeel, reuniclus, braviary, crotomb, meloetta or even shit like Pearl's set above. Curse + Pain split is obviously a nice combo as you're able to force mons out with curse, lower your hp and then take more from the next mon that comes in. The spread is designed to make it as bulky as possible with will-o to weaken any physical attacker and EVs to handle special attackers.

Last edited:

WIN CONDITION (Banette) (M) @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cotton Guard
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Random Coverage Move (Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, whatever)

Probably the best example of a Pokemon cursed by 4 MSS. It has a lot of coverage moves it'd love to run, so the last slot is a bit of a toss up. It can run Will-O-Wisp > Cotton Guard, but that really removes a lot of this set's fun, so it's a no-no. Weak to Roar and Dragon Tail, but those aren't the most common thing in the world anyways, so just try to remove possible users of those moves before attempting a sweep, because Banette is actually meant to be used as a win condition, shrugging everything teams throw at it and getting +6 on 3 different stats in the meantime. Rest heals off status, since Banette actually gives no fucks about anything and needs to take a nap sometimes.

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia / Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Pain Split
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

I'm not a big stall player but this set is designed to fill a few roles on a stall team. As a ghost type that doesn't take boosted damage from knock off and can burn opposing spinners with +1 priority it's already useful. But when it's paired with Curse, Pain Split and Knock off, it's also able to put huge pressure on opposing stall teams. Of course, Taunt is more of a standard for stallbreakers but Curse allows you to beat aromatisse, lickilicky and more importantly last mon sweepers such as registeel, reuniclus, braviary, crotomb, meloetta or even shit like Pearl's set above. Curse + Pain split is obviously a nice combo as you're able to force mons out with curse, lower your hp and then take more from the next mon that comes in. The spread is designed to make it as bulky as possible with will-o to weaken any physical attacker and EVs to handle special attackers.
I was waiting for these two sets to make an appearance :] pearl I do believe that set is best with shadow ball and paired with a fighter, and lep I believe the standard adamant 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe spread still works the best for that set.

Edit: The Leprechaun I see, that makes sense, however the speed evs let you outspeed cress and gligar before mega, which is Banette's tragic flaw so maybe you could consider taking some out hp (just a suggestion ofc)

Last edited:

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Gotta disagree buddy. Its bulk is really poor without investment into its actually defences. As i mentioned, one of the boons of this is that it can actually beat aromatisse. Without spdef investment this is what moonblast looks like:
0 SpA Aromatisse Moonblast vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Banette: 148-175 (47.4 - 56%) -- 81.3% chance to 2HKO

However, with a specially defensive set it looks like this:
0 SpA Aromatisse Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Banette: 97-115 (29.2 - 34.6%) -- 7.5% chance to 3HKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)