The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
finished episode 12 of bakemonogatari (the stargazing scene) and it completely caught me out of left field, mainly cause i wasn't expecting such a touching moment giving how the show's been going so far (the nadeko snake arc in particular)

senjougahara breaking character slightly, light piano version of her theme playing in the background, etc - and the animation was beautiful, too

plus the ED to this show is quite possibly my favorite ED of all time

finished episode 12 of bakemonogatari (the stargazing scene) and it completely caught me out of left field, mainly cause i wasn't expecting such a touching moment giving how the show's been going so far (the nadeko snake arc in particular)

senjougahara breaking character slightly, light piano version of her theme playing in the background, etc - and the animation was beautiful, too

plus the ED to this show is quite possibly my favorite ED of all time
Man, that episode was out of this world.

On another note: Rage of Bahamut just keeps getting better and better, I can't believe how much I enjoy this show.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
alright its time for crazy ol rodans anime roundup: FALL 2014 edition

THE GREAT
Parasyte: this is currently my aots with some sick ass visuals and a really intriguing plot (and dickhands) a few knocks would be the really shit OP which sounds like brokencyde and the use of dubstep in general (altho im more fine with it than most people.) A lot of people also really dislike the changes to the art style but once again i feel it just serves to modernize the show and w/e anyway im enjoying the fuck out of it.

F/SN: i dont need to talk about this one. but its so pretty it makes me cum buckets

Nanatsu no Taizai: holy shit this show came out of left field for me, everyone is absurdly powerful and the writing is great. if you like your dragon balls and ur hunter x hunters and shit check this out.

Your Lie in April: alright the first of the ~serious emotional~ shows ill talk about. this one is G O R G E O U S. from the music to the art everything just falls into place. this one is gonna be a rollercoaster boys strap the fuck in.

THE GOOD
Amagi Brilliant Park:

WOLF GIRL AND BLACK PRINCE: i really like this show guys, it is probably my guilty pleasure of this season. there is some real good comedy in this show also a lot of awkward moments. if u dont like shoujos or weird awkward shit dont watch this - if u do tho ur in good hands

Shirobako: ok PA works i forgive you for glasslip

Akatsuki No Yona: another shoujo, but this one is like dynasty warriors so i approve

THE AVERAGE
Inou Battle blahblahblahlongname: this show is wickedly funny but i also tend to zone out a lot during it which is probably a bad sign

LORD MARKSMAN AND VANADIS: what if game of thrones had ecchi?

WIXOSS: man.... this show better have some actual plot progression soon or ill be mad as fuck

THE UNDECIDED
Grisaia: ok i am a big fan of the vn but now that i realize its only THIRTEEN FUCKING EPISODES im super wary of everything.

THE DROPPED
Trinity Seven: im sorry but i cant handle this shit especially with a couple of superior harems this season

Ushinawaretakdjsdifjhidsojhfibds longname: you only glasslip once

World Trigger: =3=

Cross Ange: the classiest show that has a rape scene in the first episode

Terra Formars:

Nice Censorship Job

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
That new Psycho-Pass episode holy moly that was crazy. Mika worst inspector ever and I hope she finally realizes how wrong her ideal views are next episode

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Watched the first few episodes of Deadman Wonderland tonight, definitely interesting. I can't say I'm a fan of the voice acting for the lead character, like I get he's supposed to be 14 with voice cracking etc, but they could have found someone less annoying. Beyond that I'm really liking the story and characters, though it feels like they're not really explaining the motivations behind the characters very well, but that may be the point.

Also watched the first episode of The Devil is a Part-Timer and holy crap is it funny. Can't wait to watch more of it lol

just watched the first 10 episodes of chihayafuru (still watching) and i love it. im a sucker for anime about people trying to achieve their dreams and this is a great one. the art is lovely and the characters are really good. also karuta seems really interesting and id probably enjoy playing it myself tbh. i highly recommend this go watch it if you havent already

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Watched the first few episodes of Deadman Wonderland tonight, definitely interesting. I can't say I'm a fan of the voice acting for the lead character, like I get he's supposed to be 14 with voice cracking etc, but they could have found someone less annoying. Beyond that I'm really liking the story and characters, though it feels like they're not really explaining the motivations behind the characters very well, but that may be the point.

Also watched the first episode of The Devil is a Part-Timer and holy crap is it funny. Can't wait to watch more of it lol
Devil is a part timer and nozaki-kun only anime that have actually made me laugh pretty hard irl with every episode

Last edited:
I heard they fucked up the end of deadman wonderland since there is no S2.

Btw i saw an uncensored version of terraformars on some anime website who got "horrible subs" ;]

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I actually used a voucher to buy Deadman Wonderland a few days ago and have watched the first 6 episodes, I think it does well to fit in as much as possible with each episode, doesn't feel like there's anything unnecessary so far. I want to know why everything is happening as soon as possible lol.

Since I have the DVD its uncensored and I'm usually fine with gore both in real life (worked at hospitals) and on tv but holy shit episode 5 help.

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
started watching Akuma no Riddle and let me just say that the animation is gorgeous and there is actually character individualism which is great for anime even tho like 5 (if not all) of the girls are fucking crazy but that's an A+ for me

RODAN

Banned deucer.
kyoya from wolf girl and black prince is a fucking shitbag that doesnt deserve love.... how is THIS guy supposed to be our romantic lead smh

Since I've been watching some of the bigger hitters on my backlog recently, I'll share some thoughts:

Revolutionary Girl Utena: I liked how heavy on themes it was, but way too many things flew way over my head. I still don't know the relevance of some of the characters and that ending still has me confused, which is pretty much what happened to me with Penguindrum. I basically treat it as an episodic think trip until about ep. 30 where the plot gets cool and fun to watch. Ride those red cars. Artsy as fuck, nice directing, not a complete waste of time.

Garden of Sinners: I was too critical with it for the first three movies so I ended up hating those, especially the third. Loosened up for the fourth movie and thought it was fine. Thought I had the same mindset for the fifth but for some reason it just got me really uninterested. I'm still 45 minutes in and I've yet to finish it. On hold indefinitely? I don't think these movies are for me. Maybe if I were a few years younger I'd think they were cool.

Azumanga Daioh: Pleasant but not really outstanding. I've barely managed 12 episodes and I think I'm out of gas. I don't know, I just don't have any reason to keep watching. Felt kind of the same after finishing the first season of Aria... I like the characters, but I have no expectations for the rest of it (in Aria's case it was because Natural had 24 goddamn episodes to go through to get to Origination).

Death Note: Pretty fun for an all-achieving super-protag show. I liked some of the deductions, liked how it ended, was disappointed the show didn't delve more into Light's sanity but that's just not the kind of show it was. Rather it was the kind of show to include a bunch of over-assuming plans, throwaway characters and some underwhelming plot arcs. Still pretty good and memorable enough.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Oi, I love Anno's fight scenes. Loved them in the last episodes of Gunbuster, loved them here. It's the intensity, jumping from one shot to another with that bombastic soundtrack in the background. The show's a [beautiful] mess when you consider its layers of content and it came at the cost of some plot coherence, y'know, when you feel like you're more confused than you really need to be. If they're showing someone confront their trauma but they're bombarding you with like 30 different unrelated questions, it's hard to tell what exactly they're confronting there, for instance. Still better than the other end of the spectrum (a completely bland show). Solid cast of characters, memorable scenes, A+ screaming, the best of this bunch. I'll watch the Rebuild movies when the fourth one comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)