XY LC XY LC team

I made a team while trying to destroy main threats with mostly underrated LC pokemon.

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Protect
- Signal Beam
- Scald

This is my lead, used to set up Sticky Web because my other pokemon could benefit from a speed drop. [1] Sticky Web is my most important move on this set, mostly because my pokemon are really slow. [2] I intend to use Protect to keep Focus Sash intact against Mienfoo and Magnemite. I am using Sandshrew, but Protect can throw off an enemy. [3] Signal Beam is a good STAB move to eliminate Dark and Psychic types that threaten my team. It is also good to wipe out Pawnwiard before I use Sticky Web, because Defiant will increase it's attack. [4] Scald is another really good STAB move to cripple Physical attackers like Elekid and Pawnwiard. I will avoid using Scald on Timburr, because most Timburr run Guts, unless it has a Orb, which is when I Scald, Focus Sash, and get out of that situation.

Elekid @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Fire Punch

EDIT: Elekid has 20 speed at LV.5, so it is already a good revenge killer. Using Life Orb

This Elekid set is to be used to maximize its power into a revenge killer. [1] Wild Charge is Elekid's main move that can be openly spammed to do real damage. [2] Ice Punch is used to wipe out Rock, Ground, and Grass types easily, in case the enemy predicted ThunderPunch or already saw a Wild Charge. [3] Cross Chop is used to end Dark, Steel, and break other set-ups like Omanyte or Shellder. [4] Fire Punch can destroy most walls or cripple physical attackers with a chance to burn. [5] Static is my preferred ability in case Elekid gets slapped with a Fake Out or I switch it in to absorb some Electric type Attack from a Blitzle or other physical attacker.

Sandshrew @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

This is one of my walls not only used to end the infamous Fire type but to safely deploy Rapid Spin. [1] Earthquake is a really good STAB move mostly used to finish off walls like Grimer or threats like Tentacool. [2] Rock Slide is a good move to stop Flying types, mainly Fletchling, from ending Surskit to a Brave Bird or stalling with Roost. [3] My team is very weak to Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Sticky Web. I want to get Sandshrew in ASAP, end the hazzard launcher, Rapid Spin, then Heal Bell with Eevee. [4] Stealth Rock is there to well, set up Stealth Rock. [5] Eviolite turns Sandshrew into a wall, provided the enemy doesn't have a super effective move.

Eevee @ Berry Juice
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Nature
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Wish
- Hyper Voice

A stall Eevee set, it kinda reminds me of the Sylveon set I always run in OU. [1] Heal Bell is to un-cripple pokemon. If Toxic Spikes was up and Sandshrew ended it, that will help in the long run to keep Elekid alive. [2] Wish is used to heal previously crippled members or Eevee. [3] Oh, did I think I would let Machop use Dynamic Punch? Guess who runs Protect, hah! And, if you switched, guess who can use Wish to heal myself. I also am running Protect, so now I've just healed! In your face! [4] If all else fails, an Adaptablility Hyper Voice will blow a hole or even OHKO certain pokemon.

Goomy @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Steel]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

LORD GOOMY SHALL TANK ALL [1] Mostly used to end other Dragon type pokemon, Dragon Pulse can shred holes in other Eviolite Dragons. [2] Sap Sipper is what I prefer when attempting to wall Grass Type pokemon, which threaten Sandshrew. Hydration won't help because not only do I have a Heal Bell pokemon but I am not using a [3] Hidden Power Steel can wreck Fairy, Rock, and Ground types and is offensively the better option than Poison, which gets walled by Ferroseed and other steel types. Remember that I am using Sleep Talk, so constantly getting walled isn't good. [4] Rest can be used to really get an enemy mad, combine with Sleep Talk allowing for some walling.

Numel @ Focus Sash
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flame Charge
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Fire-Ground is really good against Pawnwiard, Ferroseed, and many, many walls. [1] This set is Simple(get it); use Flame Charge to get +2 speed, then end everything. [2] Body Slam can paralyze a foe, possibly crippling them, because a +2 speed Numel out speeds many Choice Scarf users. [3] Earthquake is a decently powered STAB move used to check Surskit and Chinchou. [4] Oh, so you switched into a water type? I run Hidden Power. And you're weak to it!

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello KFCutman, I noticed your EV spreads are not in the typical LC fashion. You can read up on them here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/lc_ev_spreads , or just play with the slider until you have the desired numbers. I'd recommend the former if you have the time.

Things glaringly wrong with your team would have to be Goomy, Numel, and Eevee. I'm happy that you honestly tried to make a team out of underrated threats, however these are not really threats to begin with. All of them are hopelessly outclassed/have no immediate niche and thus are not really suitable on teams. (If you wish for me to expand upon why these pokemon are not rather viable, find me in the LC room.) Additionally, Choice Scarf Elekid is greatly redundant with Sticky Web; Life Orb Elekid is more suited you your team.

Snubbull is a generally overlooked pokemon and is rather underloved I personally have found. Snubbull is also able to remove Dragons with more ease than Goomy, despite them being rare in LC to begin with. Snubbull also has the ability to be your cleric and provides you with an answer to most fighting types. Because of this, I'd strongly recommend Heal Bell Snubbull over Eevee.

Next, Bulk Up Timburr over Goomy; Timburr provides you with a reliable answer to Pawniard--a massive threat to your team and extremely common higher up on the ladder. The addition of priority is greatly needed on your team and allows you to mess up more frequently yet save yourself via Mach Punch. Bulk Up also grants you a win condition, something you are severely lacking.

Lastly, I would strongly recommend Offensive Houndour over Numel. Houndour grants your team fire power which it is severely lacking, while still fitting the theme of being underused. Sucker Punch is more priority, and allows you to check Fletchling better than you can currently. Fire Blast makes walls a lot more friendly to face, especially when paired with Timburr. I shall recommend Substitute on Houndour to better abuse forced switches and potentially KO more pokemon.

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 120 Def / 196 SpD / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief
- Heal Bell

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Houndour @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Substitute

Hello KFCutman, your team will tremendously be better with Fiend Hound's suggestions and I do have some too.

So, going to save you some time on EV spreads. Surskit's EVs should be 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe with a Timid Nature. This will help you have a lot of speed to set up Sticky Webs and do some damage with your attacking moves to make your web team have a better time.

Hydro Pump over Scald on Surskit. Since Surskit is primarily going to be your sticky web user, you might as well go with all-out power to deal lots of damage with it to soften up your opponent's team, so your team could have a better time dealing damage.

I think Elekid could use some changes to its EVs too. EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spe with a Hasty Nature. Also, make sure Elekid has the ability Vital Spirit so it could not go to sleep and it can be very helpful considering Foongus is rising in usage. I would also like to recommend Volt Switch over Fire Punch on it since Fire Punch doesn't hit much and Ice Punch mostly covers it. Volt Switch will allow you to gain offensive momentum and remarkable damage with Elekid, which is amazing.

Elekid @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Wild Charge
- Volt Switch
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop

I don't think Sandshrew can really help much even under Sticky Webs because of how some non-scarf pokemon can still outspeed you even with the speed drop, so I'm going to suggest Drilbur over Sandshrew. I want this change to happen because of how Drilbur basically can do Sandshrew's job better by its offensive presence. You do have to sacrifice a lot of defense with the Drilbur change, but for Sticky Web teams, you're trying to hit as hard as you can, which provides offensive momentum, while abusing the speed drops your opponents will take.

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Anyway, you have a nice team! With these changes, it'll be even better. Good luck in your future battles!

Last edited:
There is a bit of a problem.

1. I will not switch Eevee for Snubull for 1 reason: Adaptability. I can over all destroy many unboosted pokemon that don't resist normal moves. Also, the point of this set was to Wish stall.

2. The point of my team was to avoid using overly used threats, so for that reason, I will not use Drilbur or Timburr, mostly because you always see them in LC.

3. I won't use Vital Spirit because Elekid already has Ice Punch to take care of Foongus. Also, this set was ment to be a physical set, so I won't use Volt Switch.

4. I plan on putting a Rock type move on Numel to end Fletchling then safely set up Flame Charge.

5. I won't change Surskit's EVs mostly because it can't sweep often.

I'm not trying to insult or scream, but I think I'll only change Fire Punch on Elekid and maybe give a viable moveset to Goomy, I already have Stallvee to heal hurt members of my team.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

1. I will not switch Eevee for Snubull for 1 reason: Adaptability. I can over all destroy many unboosted pokemon that don't resist normal moves. Also, the point of this set was to Wish stall.

2. The point of my team was to avoid using overly used threats, so for that reason, I will not use Drilbur or Timburr, mostly because you always see them in LC.

3. I won't use Vital Spirit because Elekid already has Ice Punch to take care of Foongus. Also, this set was ment to be a physical set, so I won't use Volt Switch.

4. I plan on putting a Rock type move on Numel to end Fletchling then safely set up Flame Charge.

I'm not trying to insult or scream, but I think I'll only change Fire Punch on Elekid and maybe give a viable moveset to Goomy, I already have Stallvee to heal hurt members of my team.
Eevee is not bulky enough to Wish-stall; if you want a normal-type Wish user, I suggest Lickitung. I also think you're overselling how powerful Hyper Voice is coming from Eevee's mediocre attack. Same goes for Elekid's Ice Punch; it will not KO Foongus.

Hyper Voice is shit coming off of Eevee. Eevee has terrible bulk for Wishpassing, and is just bad regardless of the set it runs (physical sets are inferior bunnelby)

There's a difference between using underrated threats, and complete non threats. Besides, Sticky Webs is hardly creative.

Have fun losing to Foongus.

Numel is still weak as balls. A rock type move might (sorta) save you from Fletch, but not really.

I'm not going to give a real rate if you aren't going to take constructive advice for the sake of "feeling like it". But just bear in mind that fucking everything craps on your team.

Just to offer a different perspective, I think that sure, it is definitely ok to use pokemon like that on your team, things just may not work out as well. However, the important thing to make sure of is the fact that they have to be able to work together, and if you know what each pokemon is supposed to do and how each piece of the puzzle will allow you to win. Then, a team with underused/underrated pokemon can be successful.

It also feels like you are just tier shifting down from OU to LC. I have the same "story" as you, coming down from OU(though i didn't spend much time in OU and was rly bad at it and same for LC still, but I am trying to grow in LC). In general, it is a very good idea to do a lot of reading and reading and reading all over the forums or even from smog articles, though earlier posts are a bit outdated. After you have some basic knowledge of what pokemon can work well or just what works and how, team building is easier.

This is a great article to check out- http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue36/climbing-the-ropes if you are coming to LC from OU and it is what helped me, especially the make comparisons section. One example of a comparison that you could make is talon flame to fletchling. Then, you could support fletchling with things similar to what you would support talon flame with in OU. For example, Fighting types like Conkedldurr can be used to get through heatran in OU, and in LC, a fighting type and fletchling can make a great core. Hazard removal is important for talon flame, as is with fletch etc. Just be careful, because some comparisons won't work as well as others like "Deo-sharp" concept doesn't work as well in LC but I guess can be done.

1. Hyper Voice coming from Eevee isn't actually that strong, even after adaptability. You want to keep the wish stalling, but a normal typing (and having way less bulk than lickitung) makes Eevee a bad choice for stall. I'd recommend Cleric Spritzee or Lickitung as replacements, because they both can "de-cripple" pokemon and stall. Like Fiend Hound said, Snubbull is also good for healing while posing an offensive threat. If you really insist on keeping Eevee, then at least change the item to Eviolite. BJ is completely redundant on a mon with reliable recovery.

2. Boo may have been blunt, but he hit right on the head. Just because a Pokemon is D rank doesn't mean it doesn't belong there.

3. 252 Atk Life Orb Elekid Ice Punch vs. 124 HP / 160+ Def Eviolite Foongus: 13-16 (52 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO I mean, I guess you could hit it on the switch...But if you don't, you get Spored, and then you die. Ice Punch also doesn't hit things other than foongus, while a psychic from special elekid hits fighters hard as well. On your second point, Volt Switch is still necessary despite the fact that it's a physical attacker. Volt Switch isn't used to sweep, it's used to do a little damage, get out of a bad situation, and grab momentum. (For example, Forretress often carries Volt Switch in UU, but it's far from a special attacker.) Plus, having ice punch and fire punch on the same set is totally redundant.

4. Meh. That's an idea, i guess...But having something with priority (Fiend suggested Houndour to keep a fire-type) is a better idea. Your Numel is supposed to sweep, but it requires a turn of setup (in which your sash will be broken), and then you're priority weak. A scenario you'll see a lot is Mienfoo u-turning out, and then Fletchling killing you after your flame charge. Adding a rock move doesn't patch the fletch weakness as well as you'd hope.

5. Seriously? You're giving it a Focus Sash, but insisting on keeping hp ev's? Those would be far more useful in sp. atk. No, Surskit won't sweep often. But a strong hydro pump could potentially KO a mon that pressure you, hopefully turning the battle in your favor. (Fun Fact: 196 evs let Surskit hit 14 sp. atk, the same sp atk as bulky chinchou)

Your team has some serious issues with the most common LC Pokemon, and I hope that you'll take the advice of at least someone here. We're trying to help, but you refuse to make beneficial changes for shaky/nonexistent reasons.

I've decided to keep my team the way it is, I've tried it in Showdown and it's actually really good, and it works in LC UU, but I feel that it should stay, and I should make some changed when I need to.

:mad:This message is now dead:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)