Want to help me out in my research paper?

Hey guys!

For my research module in my class students were told choose a gaming community or culture and research it aswell as analyze the relationship between communities and the objects or concepts that they form around in general. I chose competitive Pokemon battling (is there a 'proper' term for this? It's amazing for the word count on the paper but it's a mouthful), and I'd like to get some input from different users and players.

I am a bit acquainted with the game itself, but I stopped buying the games after the Black and White versions were released because $40 is like, a nice solid eighth (plus it's ridiculous to expect a middle schooler to just whip out of his pocket).

I was wondering if there were any people willing to participate in this study - I came up with two approaches that seemed feasible (ultimately, it's up to the disgression of the participating volunteer, but bullet points make me seem much more intelligent and put-together than I really am, so there's that);
  • I can conduct indepth interviews with a small number of individuals, where I'd ask for input on . For this I'd probably need 3 or 4 individuals who are online frequently enough to correspond with on a daily basis, aswell as be familiar with how stuff goes down (that is, how things such as the relegation of select Pokemon to different tiers are decided, etc). I'll probably be looking for older members of the site, such as forum moderators or administrators, but I'd also like to get in touch with writers of the Smog articles and ask for their input. If you guys got the hookup that'll be pretty awesome.
  • I'll also post a brief questionnaire in this thread when I finally get enough time that's going to be demographic based just to see the range of certain variables such as age, how long they've been playing Pokemon, etc.
Thank you all in advance! I'll be monitoring and updating this thread at least twice a day, and you guys can also PM me if you have any questions about anything.

If you guys could signal boost this it would reeaaaaaally help me out (like seriously).

Thanks again!

P.S.
I don't know if this is the right section, but I didn't really want to post something that could be deemed off-topic and I figured it would be a good place to start aswell).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)