XY UU A team for UU nice people to rate

I've been playing UU for a while now, and my team has gone through some changes, but it's generally consistant. Unfortunately, I lose most of the time. Like, almost all of the time. So, I'd like you guys to help me figure out what's wrong. As the title implies, this is a UU team.

Slot 1: Delphox @ Red Card Timid Magician
252 Spe 8Def 8SDe 144 SAt 90 HP
Will O Wisp Substitute
Flamethrower Psyshock

This fellow is normally my lead. He relies on Red Card and Magician to team up and annoy the heck out of foes. Most battles start with him using Substitute, though if you're in a situation where you need the spare HP, start with the appropriate attack (Psyshock or Flamethrower).
Now, at this point, Delphox will eventually get hit. This kicks in the Red Card, and switches the foe out. now, on the next Pokemon, you will very likely outspeed them (unless it's some kind of Scarfed Crobat or something), and you want to use your next attack to steal their item. Be smart, though. If you think they have a choice item, burn them instead or switch out. After this is done, Delphox's main purpose is served, and you can now keep him attacking and burning foes.

Slot 2: Porygon-Z @Choice Scarf Modest Adaptability
252 Spe 252 SAt 4 HP
Tri Attack Thunderbolt
Ice Beam Dark Pulse

This is a great Pokemon, and I feel he's rather overlooked. That whopping 130 Special Attack can break anything that isn't Specially Defensive, and 90 Speed can sweep almost anything that doesn't have a Scarf as well. Tri Attack is going to be its main move, with 80 Power and an Adaptability boost, and a 20% chance of a status ailment, it is a very powerful option. However, Ghost Types are pesky, and Dark Pulse will take care of those for the same amount of damage. When the foe is weak to either Ice or Electric, using Thunderbolt or Ice beam will give you a bit more power, and is recommended if the time calls for it.

Slot 3: Umbreon Leftovers Calm Synchronize
252 SDe 252 HP 4 Def
Wish Protect
Toxic Payback

Ah, classic WishProtect. This Umbreon is a great Special Wall, and it seems to be one of my most successful Pokemon. If the foe isn't already burned or poisoned, it should always start with Toxic. from there, Protect to gain a little Leftover HP, then use Wish so it kicks in the next turn, rinse and repeat. This is a great way to stall out foes, but watch out for Fighting types. Umbreon can't take a Close Combat.

Slot 4: Banette @Banettite Adamant Frisk/Prankster
252 Atk 252 HP 4 Def
Shadow Sneak Will-O-Wisp
Taunt Destiny Bond

Three words: Priority Destiny Bond. This is another Pokemon I feel is underrated. At a very respectable 165 Atk, access to a lot of great moves, and Prankster, this guy can really tick off foes who don't know it well. When sent in, Mega Evolve right away. Unfortuantly, Prankster activates the turn after Mega Evolution, so it's best to start with Shadow Sneak unless there's another reason not to. As you'd expect, Taunt when you need to, Burn when you need to, and when you think the job is done, Destiny bond for a powerful last hurrah. Remember that if the foe can be defeated by a Shadow Sneak, do that before bonding, so you have the chance of maybe KOing two Pokemon.

Slot 5: Sableye Rocky Helmet Bold Prankster
252 HP 252 Def 4SDe
Foul Play Recover
Taunt Will O Wisp

Sableye is very useful against any foe that runs hazards and status. Unlike the above Pokemon, Sableye is invested in Defense, and due to his ability to switch in and already have Prankster, and access to a useful recovery move, he can often be a better option. However, with a lack of Destiny Bond and the abbismal HP, you have to be careful on deciding who to switch in to, or to switch out at all.

Slot 6: Machamp @Assault Vest Adamant No Guard
172 HP 252 Atk 84 Spe
Stone Edge Dynamic Punch
Knock Off Bullet Punch

This guy is a nice No Guard user, and thus has a usual Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge. The Dynamic Punch is straight forward. By itself, the only drawback D-Punch has is it's horrid accuracy, but make it so he can never miss and BOOM! You have an excellent attack with 100% confuse rate. Knock off takes care of pesky Rocky Helmets among others, and Bullet Punch handles any leftover HP you need to get rid of.

Last edited:
Hello! This team is pretty cool, and I have a few suggestions!
  • Just want to let you know that you need at least three lines of description for each Pokemon, detailing their role and why you chose them. Also, you forgot to put in the abilities. A more organized way of displaying your sets is using this template:
    Pokemon @ Item
    Ability:
    EVs:
    Nature
    - Move 1
    - Move 2
    - Move 3
    - Move 4

You can read more about the RMT Rules here =)
  • I'm not so sure about your Delphox set. Delphox is more of a fast sweeper, so maybe try a set like this?
    Delphox @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid/Modest Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Psychic
    - Grass Knot
    - Switcheroo/Calm Mind
    This set takes advantage of Delphox's great speed and power. If you want to use Calm Mind, then go for Life Orb. Choice Specs can also be replaced by Scarf, but I didn't mention it because you want to hit as hard as possible. This is why I slashed Modest, in case you want the additional power. Fire Blast and Psychic are extremely powerful STABs that Delphox can take advantage of to muscle through walls. Grass Knot is a nice coverage move that lets Delphox get past water and ground types that threaten it. Finally, Switcheroo is used with specs/scarf to cripple stall Pokemon while Calm Mind is a great boosting utility with Life Orb.
  • On Machamp, I would go for a 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe spread. The HP EVs are added for bulk, and the Speed to outspeed certain threats.
  • I don't think Sableye fits very well on your team. Although it is good at stalling, your team does need some hazard control (especially for Delphox) and Sablee contributes to the Fairy weakness on your team. Might I suggest replacing Sableye with Empoleon?
    Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Toxic/Roar
    - Stealth Rock
    - Defog
    This set aims at providing hazards and hazard control. Scald is a great STAB that punishes physical attackers with a burn(especially because Empoleon is very susceptible to fighting moves). Toxic or Roar are interchangeable; Toxic is for a secure way to inflict status whereas Roar can stop set-up Pokemon. Stealth Rock provides a great hazard that weakens Pokemon to let your team members sweep, and Defog is for hazard control (although it removes your own hazards, it is still quite helpful). Although this adds to your fighting weakness, Banette can deal with that easily.
  • I wouldn't use Payback on Umbreon unless it's a curse set, so go for Foul Play instead to hurt physical attackers harder.
  • Also, as a little final nitpick, make sure all of your specially-oriented Pokemon have 0 Attack IVs. This is to reduce damage from moves like Foul Play and confusion damage.
That's all from me for now. Good luck! =)

Hm, I never thought about that 0 IV thing. Good point! Also, I like those suggestions, and thanks for the template. I think your Machamp spread might be accurate, as it looks pretty similar in Super Training. I'm really stubborn as Sableye is one of my favorite Pokemon, but I agree, he pretty much has the same role as Banette anyways.

This set is straightforward, and lacks a need for explanation. You guys have probably seen it before.
Moving on.
it's really clear you aren't even aware of the rmt rules. everyone knows what common pokemon do in general, but how does sableye fit and work within your team? how does it help your teammates or how do its teammates help it? why physically defensive and rocky helmet? why two ghost-types that seem redundant with each other?

the rmt rules outline and imply questions like these that descriptions should answer because ultimately you're trying to show why you chose this over other potential choices. "the set is self-explanatory" doesn't bother showing any reasoning

besides that, your sets need to be complete with natures, abilities, and evs which you are missing on a lot of your sets

take a look at the rmt rules and other rmts like in the showcase and archive subforums to see what's expected. try to fix everything and edit in changes within a day

it's really clear you aren't even aware of the rmt rules. everyone knows what common pokemon do in general, but how does sableye fit and work within your team? how does it help your teammates or how do its teammates help it? why physically defensive and rocky helmet? why two ghost-types that seem redundant with each other?

the rmt rules outline and imply questions like these that descriptions should answer because ultimately you're trying to show why you chose this over other potential choices. "the set is self-explanatory" doesn't bother showing any reasoning

besides that, your sets need to be complete with natures, abilities, and evs which you are missing on a lot of your sets

take a look at the rmt rules and other rmts like in the showcase and archive subforums to see what's expected. try to fix everything and edit in changes within a day
I'm sorry, that's not what I meant. I've thoroughly read through the rules. I was just saying the set is pretty self explanatory. I can fix all my errors, but could you come across a bit nicer than saying that it's clear I'm not even aware of the rules? Anyways, thank you for the advice on the Rocky Helmet, and I agree, Sableye overall is a little redundant. I think I might swap him for a hazard user.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)