XY OU Hazard Stacking Offense

Hazard Stacking Offense

Since the metagame is going to be flipped on its head once ORAS comes out and I don't really play much here's my usual team that I play around with for a quick rate. Its a hazard-stacking offense team that uses SR Garchomp + Spikes Greninja and builds itself around overwhelming the opponents checks. Greninja + Starmie is the first offensive pair and they overwhelm the opponent's checks to offensive water types. Talonflame + Pinsir is the second pair, and they overwhelm the opponent's checks to birdspam. To keep hazards down, instead of using a teamslot for a spinblocker I decided that I should go with a team that never gives the opponent the chance to spin. Against defensive teams, the strategy is get as many layers of hazards down and try to use Mega-Pinsir to break through. Against offensive teams, the strategy is to use my team's great speed to take down pokemon one at a time. Here it is:

SR Lead
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast​

SR Garchomp is the most common SR lead in OU now and for good reason. It has the perfect balance of reliability, bulk, and power. SR is for the first hazard layer. Outrage > Dragon Claw is so that I have the ability to get a powerful hit off even without Swords Dance. I went with Fire Blast > Swords Dance because it gives me the chance to hit Excadrill hard even if it has a balloon. Fire Blast also gives me an option to hit Steel-types even when Talonflame is down. Fire Blast gives me a chance to maybe lure in Skarmory and it lets me check SD Scizor more reliably. Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin is great for catching low-health Starmie and Excadrill spinning and then keeping hazards down on the field. It also lets me prevent a Talonflame Brave Bird sweep because it just kills itself with Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin + BB / Flare Blitz recoil. Garchomp also acts as this team's "momentum stopper." It's ground-typing stops VoltSwitch and Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin punishes U-turn from the likes of Scarf Lando-T.

Lead Support
Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head​

Originally I had a Gengar or Mega-Banette in this spot, but Bisharp is a much better choice overall. AV Bisharp is an excellent partner for SR Garchomp, since anything that opponents tries to check Garchomp with Bisharp can handle. Latios / Latias, Starmie / Greninja, Fairy-types, Mega-Manetric, etc. Bisharp has it covered. Assault Vest is really nice because it allows Bisharp to be my team's pivot and Greninja check. Defiant makes the opponent wary of using Defog to clear my hazards.

Knock Off and Iron Head are Bisharp's primary STAB moves. Sucker Punch gives me a powerful priority option to revenge kill opponents. In addition, it kills Starmie as it tries to Rapid Spin because it is an attack (it can also hit Excadrill for a decent chunk). Pursuit is perhaps the most important move on this set. It traps Starmie and Latios that try to get rid of my hazards. In addition, it is extremely useful for wearing down checks and counters to other portions of my team. For example, if I switch Bisharp into a predicted Scarf Landorus-T's Stone Edge, I can Pursuit it to take a clean 43%-51% off of him. Other targets include Raikou, Mega-Manectric, and Chansey.

edit: forgot to mention doublade that one is important for mega pinsir

Spikes User / Offensive Water Type 1
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Spikes​

Greninja is one of the best Pokemon in the metagame right now because it can wreck offensive teams with its good power and high speed. Hydro Pump is my most powerful move and helps wear down checks to Starmie. Ice Beam hits almost all Defogger's extremely hard, which is handy for keeping hazards down. Hidden Power Grass is an odd choice, but it is extremely helpful in luring in Rotom-W so that my birds and Starmie can play more easily. Also 2HKO'ing Azumarill unexpectedly is cool. Spikes is my team's second hazard. While not really useful for offensive teams, against defensive teams it is important to get as many layers down as possible to wear them down. Since the second layer only adds 4% damage, I usually lay down only one layer of Spikes because that turn could be spent doing something more fruitful.

Greninja is one of my main win conditions to offensive teams. In tandem with Starmie, I can usually wear down the opponent's checks to offensive water types such as Rotom-W, AV Azumarill, and Chansey. It is also a good choice for preventing hazards getting early game with its water-stab without risking starmie.

Rapid Spinner / Offensive Water Type 2
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin​

Starmie makes sure SR stays off my side of the field with Rapid Spin, which is important for Talonflame and Mega-Pinsir. Starmie second job is too help wear down the opponent's Greninja checks (and Greninja does the same for Starmie). Analytic is important for this because on the switch it applies the power boost. For example, with Analytic I have the capability of KO'ing Chansey with SR+Spikes support or a Pursuit from Bisharp. Hydro Pump is my most powerful STAB and Ice Beam is coverage. Psyshock lets me hit AV Azumarill and Chansey hard.

Sometimes Starmie can get pressure easily to Spin but it usually pulls off the job of keeping my side of the field clear of SR. Ussually I try to refrain from bringing it out early game and bring it out in the mid-game to Spin or wear down Greninja checks.

Bird #1
Talonflame @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Natural Gift​

For Talonflame I decided to go with the SD + Natural Gift set, though I think its set is the most flexible on the team. I decided to go with SD to have a shot at breaking past opposing Mew. Brave Bird > Acrobatics because you need to the power to revenge kill things when you haven't used Natural Gift. Flare Blitz is coverage needed to break down Steel-types. I decided to go with Natural Gift because the extra coverage just make Talonflame a more potent sweeper. I forgo-ed Roost because Talonflame is so frail that even if it recovers it just gets KO'ed immediately afterwards. In this case, Natural Gift is a Fighting-type move to kill Tyranitar and Heatran. I am using Jolly Talonflame because the extra speed to outpace base 115's really screws over a lot of teams normal Bird checks like Scarf Tyranitar and Raikou (176 Spe reaches 365 speed). Also the 80 Hp gives me a buffer to take Brave Bird and Flare Blitz recoil slightly more easily.

Talonflame is my main win condition against offensive teams because of its powerful Brave Bird and high speed.

Bird #2
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack​

The final member of my team is Mega-Pinsir. How this thing never got banned IDK but it simply is ridiculous. Power, speed, and priority all rolled up in one package. Nice. Frustration > Return to mess with Scarf Ditto's that run default of max happiness on the ladder. Close Combat hits Steel-types and Rotom-W's for a nice chunk. Quick Attack lets me beat weakened revenge killers, which is happens pretty commonly because of SR + Spikes + Chomp's Helmet and Rough Skin + Bisharp's Pursuit. Hyper Cutter stops the Lando-T + Mega-Manectric cores from weakening a boosted Quick Attack that could potentially take them out.

Pinsir is my main win-condition against defensive teams because of its insane power with SD + Aerialite Frustration.

Importable:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Spikes

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Talonflame @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Natural Gift

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Last edited:
Hi Doughboy! Really cool team! Never thought that double water would actually work!

I have a few questions though. How do you usually deal with electric types like Mega Manectric and Thundy? The only stop I can see to these two is AV Bisharp (cool set there), which can be overwhelmed as you're relying on it to check so many things. This might be problematic since a combination of T-bolt and Overheat kills Bisharp while +1 Sucker Punch doesn't OHKO in return.

But I guess no mega manectric would like to stay in on +1 Bisharp though and they're probably gonna save it for the double water and bird you have there, so I guess Pursuit is a safe option?

Sorry that I have no suggestions, since it would probably open more holes.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey DoughBoy, cool team! Defog Mew can find plenty of chances to get rid of your hazards, and also checks both of your hazard users, meaning that you are going to struggle to keep hazards up against Mew teams. For this reason, Dark Pulse > Hidden Power Grass on Greninja, which 2HKOes Mew, and still 2HKOes physically defensive Rotom-W after Stealth Rock. You may miss the coverage against Azumarill, but the suggestion i will make next will help take on Azumarill better, and Azumarill is not a huge issue for your team anyway.

Moving on, it seems you are weak to Choice Scarf Landorus-T, assuming it's supported by a decent team. Landorus-T beats everything on your team one on one outside of Garchomp, and has a speedy U-turn to keep momentum and put you in a reactive position. Same goes for Scarf Tyranitar, which may be even worse actually, because even though it can't outspeed Greninja, it can OHKO Garchomp with Ice Punch, resists every single of your priority moves, making it harder to wear down, and can Pursuit trap Starmie, leaving your two SR weak Pokemon exposed. Sand Rush Excadrill is another huge threat that destroys most of your team. Lastly, Mega Aerodactyl and Weavile destroy your team. For those reasons, i suggest you use Swords Dance Mega Scizor over Mega Pinsir. Mega Scizor deals with Tyranitar, Mega Aerodactyl, and Weavile, and 2HKOes Scarf Landorus-T while Landorus-T fails to OHKO back, while also being able to take a Play Rough from Azumarill if the need arises. Mega Scizor also helps against Kabutops, which outspeeds and OHKOes everything on your team outside of Garchomp, as Bullet Punch does ~48% to Kabutops, way more than what Mega Pinsir can do, and usually enough to KO it after your other priority users weaken Kabutops. Oh and Mega Scizor doesn't lose 1 on 1 against Excadrill and deals more damage with Bullet Punch than Mega Pinsir to Excadrill, helping you a bit with your Excadrill weakness.

Also, replace Rocky Helmet on Garchomp with Focus Sash and Outrage with Dragon Claw. With Focus Sash and hazards off the field, Garchomp can act as a revenge killer for the threats that your team has troubles with, such as Mega Manectric and Swift Swim users. I know that wearing down Talonflame is nice, but with the change on Greninja, you should be able to keep up SR most of the time, and thus make sure that Talonflame is kept in check. Outrage is just asking for trouble in such an offensive team, and Dragon Claw gets the job done just fine.

Finally, maximize Talonflame's Speed. Being able to speed tie at worst with opposing Talonflame is invaluable for this team, and being able to outspeed Weavile before using Ice Shard is also nice.

Suggested Changes
Dark Pulse > HP Grass on Greninja
SD Mega Scizor > Mega Pinsir
Focus Sash and Dragon Claw > Rocky Helmet and Outrage on Garchomp
252 Speed > 176 Speed on Talonflame

Suggested Sets
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Good luck, hope i helped!

I agree with Alexwolf's suggestion about Talonflame.
Now then, Latios and Latias are the tier's principal defoggers, no doubt about it, but the problem here is that basically even with Bisharp, your opponent migh still go for the defog (especially if we consider the fact that your Bisharp has Assault Vest, and not Life Orb and Black Glasses) and you may find yourself in a situation where you'd lose the entry hazards you tried so hard to set up, not only that, latias and latios are faster than garchomp, and can easily kill him off after he took some damage (like say, u-turn for scarf landorus-therian), the fact that both landorus and latios are nearly on every team doesn't help you that much, so let's get this straight, I would suggest you two changes.

Scarf Tyranitar over Bisharp
Lead Mamoswine over Garchomp

Tyranitar helps you against Mew, since he's faster, has a powerful crunch and you already have talonflame as a "burn check", he can also take blows from the likes of manectric/raikou, even manage to punish volt switching with Pursuit.
Starmie and Latios/Latias are easily killed off, without sucker punch's reliance, they can't even defog/rapid spin before you attack, since Tyranitar is faster, Tyranitar can also act as a check against opposing Bisharp, if they might get problematic for you, while still having great special bulk thanks to sandstorm, said sandstorm only lasts 5 turns, since you don't have smooth rock as an item, so it might be difficult for Talonflame and Pinsir to find that troublesome.

The second change, Mamoswine over Garchomp allows you to get another volturn check (since mamoswine with thick fat can tank a flamethrower from manectric and ice shards hit landorus for a good deal of damage), while also able to "better threaten" latios and latias, not only that, Mamoswine has good chances against Garchomp and Terrakion, other two stealth rocks "leads" that are very common.
You may also opt for Endeavor over Icicle Spear, in order to surprise stuff like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, bulky waters and so on.

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Ice Punch/ Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear/ Endeavor
- Ice Shard

Hope it helps gl!

Hi Doughboy! Really cool team! Never thought that double water would actually work!

I have a few questions though. How do you usually deal with electric types like Mega Manectric and Thundy? The only stop I can see to these two is AV Bisharp (cool set there), which can be overwhelmed as you're relying on it to check so many things. This might be problematic since a combination of T-bolt and Overheat kills Bisharp while +1 Sucker Punch doesn't OHKO in return.

But I guess no mega manectric would like to stay in on +1 Bisharp though and they're probably gonna save it for the double water and bird you have there, so I guess Pursuit is a safe option?
Essentially for Raikou and Mega Manectric I force them to use HP Ice on Garchomp or a Ground-type Spikes-using Greninja. Once it uses HP Ice on Bisharp I go for the pursuit to get chip damage on it. Since Manectric and Raikou (CM raikou is out there but rare) both carry all attacks Sucker Punch is a safe option against them too. In addition, I try to keep either Starmie or Greninja out at that time, because that means Manetric has to eat at least one Hydro Pump before Mega-Evolving. One Hydro Pump from Greninja (62.2 - 73.4%) or Starmie (60%-72%) or a Pursuit /Sucker Punch from Bisharp (59.7 - 70.4% for a non-boosted bisharp) is enough for a +1 Talonflame to KO potentially (45.5 - 53.7%).

I try to handle them defensively with Bisharp. Greninja and Starmie outspeeds Raikou (tie starmie) / Thundy / unevolved Manectric. Jolly Talonflame lures Raikou and Thundy in for the Flare Blitz hit.

As for Bisharp still getting 2HKO'ed, I just have to play my cards right with HP Ice. I would like to note that a lot of Manectric do run Flamethrower and if Manec does use Flamethrower it can't 2HKO Bisharp.

Hey DoughBoy, cool team! Defog Mew can find plenty of chances to get rid of your hazards, and also checks both of your hazard users, meaning that you are going to struggle to keep hazards up against Mew teams. For this reason, Dark Pulse > Hidden Power Grass on Greninja, which 2HKOes Mew, and still 2HKOes physically defensive Rotom-W after Stealth Rock. You may miss the coverage against Azumarill, but the suggestion i will make next will help take on Azumarill better, and Azumarill is not a huge issue for your team anyway.

Moving on, it seems you are weak to Choice Scarf Landorus-T, assuming it's supported by a decent team. Landorus-T beats everything on your team one on one outside of Garchomp, and has a speedy U-turn to keep momentum and put you in a reactive position. Same goes for Scarf Tyranitar, which may be even worse actually, because even though it can't outspeed Greninja, it can OHKO Garchomp with Ice Punch, resists every single of your priority moves, making it harder to wear down, and can Pursuit trap Starmie, leaving your two SR weak Pokemon exposed. Sand Rush Excadrill is another huge threat that destroys most of your team. Lastly, Mega Aerodactyl and Weavile destroy your team. For those reasons, i suggest you use Swords Dance Mega Scizor over Mega Pinsir. Mega Scizor deals with Tyranitar, Mega Aerodactyl, and Weavile, and 2HKOes Scarf Landorus-T while Landorus-T fails to OHKO back, while also being able to take a Play Rough from Azumarill if the need arises. Mega Scizor also helps against Kabutops, which outspeeds and OHKOes everything on your team outside of Garchomp, as Bullet Punch does ~48% to Kabutops, way more than what Mega Pinsir can do, and usually enough to KO it after your other priority users weaken Kabutops. Oh and Mega Scizor doesn't lose 1 on 1 against Excadrill and deals more damage with Bullet Punch than Mega Pinsir to Excadrill, helping you a bit with your Excadrill weakness.

Also, replace Rocky Helmet on Garchomp with Focus Sash and Outrage with Dragon Claw. With Focus Sash and hazards off the field, Garchomp can act as a revenge killer for the threats that your team has troubles with, such as Mega Manectric and Swift Swim users. I know that wearing down Talonflame is nice, but with the change on Greninja, you should be able to keep up SR most of the time, and thus make sure that Talonflame is kept in check. Outrage is just asking for trouble in such an offensive team, and Dragon Claw gets the job done just fine.

Finally, maximize Talonflame's Speed. Being able to speed tie at worst with opposing Talonflame is invaluable for this team, and being able to outspeed Weavile before using Ice Shard is also nice.

Suggested Changes
Dark Pulse > HP Grass on Greninja
SD Mega Scizor > Mega Pinsir
Focus Sash and Dragon Claw > Rocky Helmet and Outrage on Garchomp
252 Speed > 176 Speed on Talonflame

Suggested Sets
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Good luck, hope i helped!
Dark Pulse: Dark Pulse was my original choice on Greninja because it hit Starmie the hardest out of all Greninja's moves and it handled Defoging Mew. I definitely considered changing back to Dark Pulse. I stuck with HP Grass because for a time period I was finding Rotom-W everywhere and it was just nice to smack them immediately for the 75%. Hidden Power Grass isn't even a 1HKO so if it is a 2HKO after SR I think I'll roll with it.

Swords Dance Mega Scizor: I don't really like SD Scizor on this team because overall it slows the team down and doesn't outspeed normal Excadrill / base 100's. With Bug Bite it can be used alongside Talonflame as a good Rotom-W lure but I still found it wasn't working out. It wasn't as immiedaitely threatening to defensive teams as Pinsir was either. I need to test this but I could see AV Scizor > Bisharp. They would have similar roles to eacher, but Scizor would be a much worse AV Manec check than Bisharp and it would punish defog a lot less. It could still revenge Kabutops / Aero / Scarf TTar / Weavile while preserving the bulk that Bisharp had. BTW can't Bisharp check Weavile? It loses AV to Knock Off but it still gets the job done. Here's a replay with how I deal with Scarf TTar Talonflame lures it in with Jolly Fighting Natural Gift: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-183017472

Focus Sash Garchomp: I will consider this. Sash can stay intact with a well played Starmie and it makes play in the lead position a lot easier. Also I am finding that my milage out of Rocky Helmet is low for using it against Spinning Drill or Starmie. Its really nice luxury for ending the sweep of physical sweepers earlier and punishing Scarf Lando-T's U-turns but I'll test out Sash.

Mazimizing Talonflame's Speed: Again I can check Weavile with Talonflame but I suppose its more worthy than the recoil buffer 88 HP EV's provides. This also gives me a better chance against opposing Bird Spam teams. It also let's me revenge kill opposing DD Mega - TTar with Talonflame

I agree with Alexwolf's suggestion about Talonflame.
Now then, Latios and Latias are the tier's principal defoggers, no doubt about it, but the problem here is that basically even with Bisharp, your opponent migh still go for the defog (especially if we consider the fact that your Bisharp has Assault Vest, and not Life Orb and Black Glasses) and you may find yourself in a situation where you'd lose the entry hazards you tried so hard to set up, not only that, latias and latios are faster than garchomp, and can easily kill him off after he took some damage (like say, u-turn for scarf landorus-therian), the fact that both landorus and latios are nearly on every team doesn't help you that much, so let's get this straight, I would suggest you two changes.

Scarf Tyranitar over Bisharp
Lead Mamoswine over Garchomp

Tyranitar helps you against Mew, since he's faster, has a powerful crunch and you already have talonflame as a "burn check", he can also take blows from the likes of manectric/raikou, even manage to punish volt switching with Pursuit.
Starmie and Latios/Latias are easily killed off, without sucker punch's reliance, they can't even defog/rapid spin before you attack, since Tyranitar is faster, Tyranitar can also act as a check against opposing Bisharp, if they might get problematic for you, while still having great special bulk thanks to sandstorm, said sandstorm only lasts 5 turns, since you don't have smooth rock as an item, so it might be difficult for Talonflame and Pinsir to find that troublesome.

The second change, Mamoswine over Garchomp allows you to get another volturn check (since mamoswine with thick fat can tank a flamethrower from manectric and ice shards hit landorus for a good deal of damage), while also able to "better threaten" latios and latias, not only that, Mamoswine has good chances against Garchomp and Terrakion, other two stealth rocks "leads" that are very common.
You may also opt for Endeavor over Icicle Spear, in order to surprise stuff like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, bulky waters and so on.

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Ice Punch/ Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear/ Endeavor
- Ice Shard

Hope it helps gl!
Scarf TTar is also a good choice because it allows me to revenge kill Swift Swimmer's much more easily. I really don't like how the Sand damage will stack with Life Orb recoil though on my waters. Between Life Orb + Sand + Hazard damage I think it will be too much pressure for Starmie to spin consistently. It also keeps up sand more often for Excadrill to wreck my team. scarf bisharp over AV to get latios before the defog lol

Mamoswine is also a good choice, I actually used the same lead with Icicle Spear > Eneadvor in my last RMT lol. Oblivious is tempting for the untauntble SR, but I need Thick Fat for the Ice resist / Fire neutrality :\

Changes I'm considering:
-
Small Changes: Dark Pulse Greninja, Maximum Speed Talonflame, Focus Sash Garchomp,
- Pokemon: Mamoswine, maybe Scarf TTar, maybe AV Scizor

Weird Set I have been testing on my own:

Assault Vest Magnezone:

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 104 SpD / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

I haven't really gotten to keen on the EV's yet, I essentially copied them from Bisharp. Magnezone is an interesting choice for an Assault Vest user. He is bulker than Bisharp in all aspects. Bisharp has base 65 HP / 100 Def / 70 Def while Magnezone has base 70 HP / 115 Def / 90 SpD. Out of the 192 SpD I took out 84 Spe EV's to make sure that Magnezone outspeeds min speed Skarmory, Scizor, and Clefable. It hits 297 HP / 266 Def / 243 SpD (364 with AV). Magnezone acts as a decent Electric check and Greninja check.

Basically AV Magnezone trades punishing Defog and Rapid Spin users for the increased trapping ability to remove my waters and my birds checks. Thunderbolt kills and traps Skarmory for Mega Pinsir. Hidden Power Fire traps Ferrothorn for my water types. Magnezone can still damage most Defoggers for good damage. Magnezone is also a much better pivot switch for my frailer pokemon than Bisharp because it has a slow Volt Switch. Lastly, Magnezone frees up Fire Blast slot on Garchomp for SD because Mag can just trap Skarmory and Scizor. With SD Garchomp, I can get my team off to a much more explosive start

So far it has been working pretty well o.o Thanks to everyone for the suggestions I'll try them out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)