XY Doubles Please Rate My Doubles Team

Hey guys, this is my first rate my team and even my first competitive team unless you count Pokemon Showdown. I have been playing pokemon for a very long time, but I decided that I should now make my very own team to use in the actual game instead of on a computer. I know most of these pokemon are overused, but I liked most of them before I decided on making this.

Scrafty @ Assault Vest (Bulky Physical Sweeper/Bulky Fake Out)
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Adament
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Hp
-Fake Out
-Crunch
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch

Scrafty works very well with my Mega Kangaskhan when I use use fake out with both of them. It's Assault Vest works well with Scrafty because I only use physical attacks so it only powers them up. Shed Skin is so if I get burned, I have the chance every turn to be cured from it because while burned Scrafty is basically pointless. 252 Atk and 252 Hp because I want it to do as much damage as possible while still being able to take a couple of hits. Fake out to flinch the enemy every turn switched in. Crunch as a STAB against many pokemon. Drain punch because it works very well with Scrafty being a bulky sweeper and healing itself after attacking. Ice punch to take care of Landorus, Salamence, Garchomp etc.. For me, Scrafty being my favorite pokemon I really wanted to find a team where he works well with and I feel as though I have found it.

Togekiss @ Safety Goggles (Specially Defensive/Follow Me Support)
Ability: Calm
Nature: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Hp / 184 Def / 68 SpD
-Follow Me
-Thunder Wave
-Roost
-Air Slash

Togekiss is a pretty bulky pokemon so redirecting dragon and fighting type attacks toward itself it gives leeway for my Kangaskhan to power up with its power-up punch. Safety Goggles is so I can allow my togekiss to not be affected by weather damage and powder moves. Thunder Wave to slow down the enemies allowing mainly my Scrafty, but my entire team to attack first on that paralyzed pokemon. Roost is just to heal Togekiss when near death because I do not want my support to die. Air Slash is my STAB because it is very powerful for Togekiss because of increased chance to crit with her ability Serene Grace.

Kangaskhan - Mega @ Kangaskhanite (Fast Physical Sweeper/All-Out Attacker)
Ability: Parental Bond
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
-Fake Out
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Power-Up Punch

Kangaskhan being my second favorite pokemon is the main reason I chose her. Mega Kangaskhan alongside Scrafty and Togekiss is deadly in my opinion because Scrafty teams up with Kangaskhan by both using fake out at the start of a battle and Togekiss uses follow me to allow Kangaskhan to get a few power-up punches in and start sweeping. I chose jolly because I did not want to sped out by other opponents having a base speed at 236 because I already have a high 286 base attack stat. Return is one of the most powerful attacks for Kangaskhan because it will be full happiness allowing it to do massive damage while not being hit by recoil from attacks like Double-Edge. Sucker Punch is used to have priority while doing insane damage unless the adjacent pokemon decides to not attack that turn. Power-Up Punch is used to increase my attack while still doing a good amount of damage.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf (Special Scarf)
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Hp / 252 Spd
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Dark Pulse

Hydreigon is my second damage dealer on the team alongside Kangaskhan because of its high special attack and good movepool. I used choice scarf because Draco Meteor is going to be very strong when using it with this and Draco Meteor can be used 2 or 3 times before it starts to become ineffective. Timid is so I can be fast to be able to outspend other dragon or intimidating fighting pokemon. Fire Blast is my secondary STAB because of it's high damage. Earth Power is used to cover threatening pokemon such as Mega Lucario, Tyranitar or any other pokemon weak to ground type attacks. Dark Pulse is probably my least used attack do to it not being as effective as the other attacks, but it still does pack a punch when used against physic or ghost types.

Rotom - Wash @ Leftovers (Specially Defensive/Pivot)
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 Hp / 212 SpD / 44 Spd
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

Rotom Wash is very common and useful against almost any team so it serving as my pivot it can scout the other team using volt switch. Leftovers is to heal itself every turn because it acts as a defensive but powerful pokemon. Hydro Pump is Rotom's STAB that will be used the majority of the time against enemies. Will-O-Wisp is to burn the enemy so they will not do as much physically against my Kangaskhan or Scrafty. Pain Split serves as a last resort attack when low on Hp.

Greninja @ Expert Belt (Fast Special Sweeper/Pivot)
Ability: Protean
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Hp / 252 Spd
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-U-turn

Greninja will work the same job as Rotom but more attacking than it. It serves as another pivot using U-turn, but is also a very reliable special attacker with scald having the chance to burn, ice beam, and dark pulse being effective against a wide variety of pokemon. Expert Belt because of my variety of moves and protean as my ability so I can inflict more damage if attacking a pokemon I am super effective against. Greninja has always been one of my favorites in X and Y, but I have never used it before. If I had to take any pokemon out of this team, this would probably be it.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey imSeraph! Quite the team you have here, but i feel like it could use a few edits.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

I recommend amoonguss > togekiss since your team has some glaring weaknesses to fairy-types. Most fairy types cant to anything to amoonguss and fall prey to spore. Should you choose to keep togekiss over amoonguss, you may want to try the EV spread of 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD and sitrus berry > safety goggles on your togekiss. The spread guarantees that togekiss can survive against another mega kangaskhan.
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Togekiss: 229-271 (61.3 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Togekiss: 270-319 (72.3 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Genesect @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature/Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam/Flamethrower
- U-turn/Protect

Additionally, greninja isnt that good in doubles compared to some other options. If your main purpose for it is as a u-turn pivot, I recommend genesect > greninja. Genesect has a lot of good moves to chose from and gets a free physical or special boost whenever it switches in. You can also run scarf on genesect to outpace greninja, shaymin-sky, and scarf landorus, among other fast attackers.

Hey imSeraph! Quite the team you have here, but i feel like it could use a few edits.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect
- Giga Drain

I recommend amoonguss > togekiss since your team has some glaring weaknesses to fairy-types. Most fairy types cant to anything to amoonguss and fall prey to spore. Should you choose to keep togekiss over amoonguss, you may want to try the EV spread of 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD and sitrus berry > safety goggles on your togekiss. The spread guarantees that togekiss can survive against another mega kangaskhan.
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Togekiss: 229-271 (61.3 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 192 Def Togekiss: 270-319 (72.3 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Genesect @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature/Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam/Flamethrower
- U-turn/Protect

Additionally, greninja isnt that good in doubles compared to some other options. If your main purpose for it is as a u-turn pivot, I recommend genesect > greninja. Genesect has a lot of good moves to chose from and gets a free physical or special boost whenever it switches in. You can also run scarf on genesect to outpace greninja, shaymin-sky, and scarf landorus, among other fast attackers.
Hey, thanks for the reply and I will be sure to try it out. The problem I have is that the only one I have that I can transfer is an adamant nature one, so what moves would you suggest for it?

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hey, thanks for the reply and I will be sure to try it out. The problem I have is that the only one I have that I can transfer is an adamant nature one, so what moves would you suggest for it?
Don't bother building a Smogon Doubles team on cart, you won't find anyone to play with anyway. If you're after doubles cartridge play I suggest you try out Battle Spot Doubles or VGC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)