ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Hey guys, just tuning in now, and I'm curious about the legendaries. Are they SR-able? Particularly, the roaming legends? Also, do we know what level we catch them at yet? Also also, will there be esoteric requirements on which roamer you get, or can you catch all of them in a single game save? i.e. You got zapdos in XY if you chose fennekin as your starter, moltres if greninja, and articuno if chespin. Anything like that?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, just tuning in now, and I'm curious about the legendaries. Are they SR-able? Particularly, the roaming legends? Also, do we know what level we catch them at yet? Also also, will there be esoteric requirements on which roamer you get, or can you catch all of them in a single game save? i.e. You got zapdos in XY if you chose fennekin as your starter, moltres if greninja, and articuno if chespin. Anything like that?
I believe that there aren't any roaming Legendaries, period. It's been implied that Latias and Latios will be given to you for free by the game since they are required for Soaring, while the others sound like they're in stationary spots.

We don't know much about specific levels, locations, game version exclusivity, or in-game starter selection in how it effect legendaries (other than obvious stuff like Groudon is in Ruby). Although I agree with Karxrida that roamers are probably gone (thank Arceus), but the rest will have to come when the games do.

I think it is also safe to assume the 3 flawless IV mechanic is still there too, if that helps with SR-ing.

Although it is frustrating not to know the full version exclusives beyond the obvious ones. Because my choice is going to be 100% based on which one has which mega stone(s).

With there being 4 trios to capture, I'm going to assume that 2 of them (so maybe beasts + musketeers) will be in OR and the other 2 (pixies + genies) will be in AS, or some variation of that. Heatran and Cresselia have traditionally been exclusive, with the exception of their debut in gen 4. There hasn't been any mention of Giratina or Kyurem but they may follow the pattern that HGSS Rayquaza set.

Seconding the opinion that there won't be roamers in these games, though the beasts and genies would make good choices if there were. Lati twins are met via your first visit to Southern Island where they join you, and of course you need the Eon ticket to get the other Lati.

As for the 4chan leaks, it seems believable enough. We already know about the egg move pokemon using the sneaking method, and it isn't unreasonable to think that people have the games a week in advance ala XY. It's not like they revealed anything groundbreaking tbh.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Why are you people afraid of 4chan, jeez.

Regardless, the leaker has vanished into thin air. There is a small chance was a really good faker, though, so whatever.

Regardless, the leaker has vanished into thin air. There is a small chance was a really good faker, though, so whatever.
"Went to sleep," supposedly. Always the possibility of being fake but that's alot of trouble to go to for something entirely unimpressive. A more substantial leak would have been worth the effort, IMO.

I believe that there aren't any roaming Legendaries, period. It's been implied that Latias and Latios will be given to you for free by the game since they are required for Soaring, while the others sound like they're in stationary spots.
Well, I don't think there is anything more annoying than roaming Legends, so that would make me so happy.

Heatran and Cresselia have traditionally been exclusive, with the exception of their debut in gen 4.
So by traditional, you mean Black 2 and White 2.

You've never seen the dark recesses of it, have you? It's the closest that humanity has come to creating a Lovecraftian nightmare dimension.

Other than it being 4chan, the leak seems legit. The boxes look real (and it would be hard to fake the blue case) and the game play images look real too.

Just a week to go...I can hear the trumpets now.

Heatran and Cresselia have traditionally been exclusive
Uh, no. They've both appeared twice in the same games, Gen4 like you said and B2W2. That's it. No version exclusivity, you can catch both without trading.

Besides, they aren't even counterparts. Heatran has no connection (except Volcanion maybe?) and Cresselia is partners with Darkrai (who is an event legend).

What's up with this 4chan hysteria? I've seen worse stuff on reddit. You're not going to see anything worse there than what you'd see through regular internet browsing. Trust me.

Anyway, I doubt they're fake. Leaker's probably just being an ass to us and rubbing it in out faces.

Uh, no. They've both appeared twice in the same games, Gen4 like you said and B2W2. That's it. No version exclusivity, you can catch both without trading.

Besides, they aren't even counterparts. Heatran has no connection (except Volcanion maybe?) and Cresselia is partners with Darkrai (who is an event legend).
So by traditional, you mean Black 2 and White 2.
Yes, that's what I meant. Traditional wasn't the right word, but there is precedent. They appeared together in Gen4 as their debut, but B2W2 had them split between the two games because it made sense. Darkrai is an event and will never be partnered with Cresselia as a version counterpart.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well this person would just be in the early game, probably not much to talk about.

My opinion of whether it's real or fake: I don't know. Honestly I don't see the point of someone faking it this close to release. Just to annoy some people? You're on the internet, merely posting your opinion will annoy plenty of people. So I'm more willing to say it's possibly real than fake, but I'm not holding my breath for them revealing anything indepth. I doubt this person has the tools to datamine, and I have a feeling they're doing this just to annoy the people on 4chan so they may very well keep a lot of info secret, just posting rare bits of into here and there.

Overall, let's all just wait for the games to be released. We only have a week to go.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not to mention Heatran seems to be getting a different treatment from the other legendaries and won't be appearing in the mirage spots. My guess is it's going to be placed in Mt. Chimney, just like it did with Stark Mountain and Reversal Mountain.

One of my biggest question is: will the legendaries have a chance to have their hidden abilities? Because that will change everything for some pokemon like Lugia.

Why would the trios be in exclusive versions when mirage spots could be just about anywhere and can teleport you to an area where the legendary pokemon reside?

Yes, that's what I meant. Traditional wasn't the right word, but there is precedent. They appeared together in Gen4 as their debut, but B2W2 had them split between the two games because it made sense. Darkrai is an event and will never be partnered with Cresselia as a version counterpart.
I think that you may be confusing Cresselia and Heatran with Regice and Registeel, who were split between BW2. Cresselia and Heatran were in both Black 2 and White 2; Heatran was in Reversal Mountain, and Cresselia was on Marvelous Bridge. Also, even though Darkrai is an event, and isn't likely to ever be paired with Cresselia conventionally, Darkrai and Cresselia are typically considered to be a duo, between the theme of good and bad dreams.

I think that you may be confusing Cresselia and Heatran with Regice and Registeel, who were split between BW2. Cresselia and Heatran were in both Black 2 and White 2; Heatran was in Reversal Mountain, and Cresselia was on Marvelous Bridge. Also, even though Darkrai is an event, and isn't likely to ever be paired with Cresselia conventionally, Darkrai and Cresselia are typically considered to be a duo, between the theme of good and bad dreams.
Your right, I was thinking of the Regis. I'm well aware of Cresselia and Darkrai being considered a duo with the whole sandman / boogeyman thing going on. Either way, I could see them splitting Cress and Heatran up between games.

The leaks seem pretty legit, though the PC interface being identical to XY's threw me a little. Every menu seemed to have been changed -- just aesthetically -- between XY and ORAS, so that screenshot I doubted for a bit. Not really doubting anymore, though; I think I was just holding onto hope that there would be more aesthetic changes to the interface, ahaha. This is definitely going to be a long week.

I've bought AS as soon as play Asia started selling it, but as it's going to arrive in the middle of December, I'll buy OR by now 23rd is my birthday), get every exclusive thing I can from there, then transfer everything to AS when it gets here.

Having two games and being able to reset thousands of times for extra stuff like items and legends it's gonna be nice.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It seems like there's going to be a new attraction on PGL with a master ball as a prize.
http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/...pokemon-global-link/new-attraction-at-the-pgl

The good news is, it's going to help a lot with soft resetting multiple legendaries with one save file.
The bad news is, it's a PGL attraction. If you don't know anything about them, the prizes are handed out at random regardless of performance, so you could perfect this 100 times and not get a single master ball. FUN!

Seriously, just give us masterballs for 200BP or something already...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gods, the leakers are such trolls. Show us the Battle frontier damnit!
How the hell are they being trolls? Even if there is a Battle Frontier, you do realize that it is post-game, right? Most people, when getting a new game, aren't just going to blow through it as fast as they can. Instead, they'll take their time to enjoy playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)