ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to think about how to approach it. There is no way my capture Smeargle can take a sneeze from Primal Kyogre, let alone STAB Rain-boosted Origin Pulse. Hmm...my Vaporeon* can take hits from it all day (Origin Blade does nothing to it and Ice Beam and Body Slam are covered by Leftovers). Maybe Mega Gallade with Hypnosis and False Swipe could do the trick.

*If you think I'm not bringing the good stuff to catch it, you are insane.

There are always shinies. That's what I save my Master Balls for.
I should probably prepare for this battle in the same way. Thankfully I have Synchronize Ralts of every nature, so that's set already!

I did some calculations for Mega Gallade:
At Level 45 (which is what I'm guess Groudon/Kyogre are fought at), MG's False Swipe (Adamant, 31 IV, 252 EV) does 18.3-22.1% whereas Primal Kyogre's Origin Pulse (neutral, 31 IV, 0 EV) does 96.9-113.8% (Ouch).
Now, at level 100 vs 45, Gallade does better, with the best attack bringing it down to exactly 1 (does exactly 100% with best possible Kyogre HP) and taking one about 25% damage.

This is going to be hell, isn't it?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
You want even more hell? There's a long cutscene immediately after the battle! Good luck soft resetting!
Oh crap... I'm going to raise a Cubone with Endeavor and False Swipe just enough that its HP and Speed will be just below Groudon's and give it a Focus Sash. I calculated that a around Level 65 is required without HP EVs and may require Speed EVs.

Oh crap... I'm going to raise a Cubone with Endeavor and False Swipe just enough that its HP and Speed will be just below Groudon's and give it a Focus Sash. I calculated that a around Level 65 is required without HP EVs and may require Speed EVs.
Shell bell Endeavor Aron.

Kinda hoping that you can KO the box legendary and catch it later. These long cutscenes are great and all, but terrible if you plan on SRing.

Stream located here (SPOILER WARNING):
http://www.twitch.tv/ptken

EDIT: ptken, the guy on the stream, just saved the game after KOing Kyogre. So we'll find out pretty soon if we can KO the legendary and just fight it later :)

Last edited:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So uh.. Trainer with Sigilyph in VR. Did we get the national dex during pre/post Wallace plot sequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)