Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Oh man, I'm mixed on the death of Vectoring.

On one hand, it was one of the reasons matches could go for so long and allowed players to live up to percentages too high, but on the other, the input for vectoring was super intuitive and user-friendly.

Oh well, I'll live.

Pic of the day. You'll need to link the 3DS version to the Wii U version to get them to work together. Luckily, this is easy. On the 3DS version, you simply select the Wii U option, and select the 3DS option on the Wii U version.

(Comment)

This is what the screen looks like on the 3DS version when you link it with the Wii U version. We included this hoping that it might work as a remedy when you don't have enough controllers.

I actually plan on sticking with the 3DS controller even if I decide to get a Wii-U. If I were to decide to go to a tournament or whatnot, having reliable practice and a control that I'm used to is the only way to be successful, and with things like DACUS gone, I don't have to worry about using an inferior control method. I don't actually have a lot of availability to play the Wii-U or any console games, so having the 3DS just makes practicing much more convenient.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can't blame you for not having a Wii U; after all, there's been a two-year gap between the release of the system and the release of its first game.

(yes, I know Pwnemon you said this already, I'm stealing your joke deal with it)

Honestly though, the Wii U is the console you buy for a few games exclusive to it. In other words, it's nothing more than a $300 Smash Bros and Mario Kart machine. Good job, Nintendo, you used to make good home consoles. Where have you been since the end of the Nintendo 64's lifespan?

But anyway, I'm glad to finally be done with the 3DS's shitty controls (that, and my circle pad is worn out so I can't play Smash 3DS for much more without breaking it)

But anyway, I'm glad to finally be done with the 3DS's shitty controls (that, and my circle pad is worn out so I can't play Smash 3DS for much more without breaking it)
Man what happens in your life that makes you want to beat up your 3DS? My controls are just fine and I'm kind of addicted to Smash lol. The 3DS controls were treated like they were ass but I don't think it was a huge deal. Meh.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lol, I'm talking about my Circle Pad - I get kinda rough on that thing when playing Smash (then again, I'm used to controllers that can take a beating)

I wonder how many Nintendo 64 controllers I've broken, those things weren't known for having a durable control stick

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I can't blame you for not having a Wii U; after all, there's been a two-year gap between the release of the system and the release of its first game.
The only reason I don't have one was because my Wii U was stolen a while back and I can't afford to replace it. I bought it originally for MH3U but wanted to hold onto it for Smash Wii U.

You people don't know what being rough with a handheld is until you've biked back and forth so hard your DS lite D-pad has worn thin.
^This, but on not just a DS, but also a GBA, AND a GBC. THOSE days.

One of my taunt phrases for Online mode is going to be "I'm using 3DS Controls!", inspired by the best Mario Kart 8 Online message.

Pic of the day. The day has finally arrived. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is now available in the Americas!! I hope you'll enjoy this game's many modes and play it as you see fit.

(Comment)

Here's a look at the controls screen for the Wii U Pro Controller. We needed to match the default settings for all controllers for buttons such as L and R, but there must be players out there that want to use the ZL and ZR Buttons for shielding. You can set the controls closer to the GameCube controller if you set the B Button for standard attacks and Y for special moves.
Set up your controls however you like in Controls.

PSA: Hori might make arguably the best fightsticks in the world but their Wii U pro controller is madcatz gamecube controller tier. On a related note I couldn't get a gamecube adapter without a preorder anywhere within 20 miles and have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship from best buy (amazon has 1 left for $60 and gamestop's website sold out). Fuck.

Edit: on the plus side I'm actually not bothered by needing to tilt-stick because way back when I played brawl Ike who used tilt stick and brawl Lucas who used b-stick

Last edited:
Edge guarding not being in this game is the dumbest decision, playing the Wii U version reminded me of that again.

Damn, local shop claims they will get the game "between saturday and tuesday, tops", which for me sounds like "yeah, you'll have to wait until tuesday".

I'm in first world hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)