ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall ever seeing any info on this, but how are the different Vivillon patterns handled in the new games? I'd test it myself real quick like, but... EU.

I'd assume they work like Shellos and Deerling (in generations after their introduction), but I really can't say.

I don't recall ever seeing any info on this, but how are the different Vivillon patterns handled in the new games? I'd test it myself real quick like, but... EU.

I'd assume they work like Shellos and Deerling (in generations after their introduction), but I really can't say.
I saw in serebii the unobtainable pokemon in ORAS, Vivillon is unobtainable which would mean in the wild we can't get Vivillon but if we were to breed for it in ORAS then the pattern thing should work the same as in the wild, so even if we breed a diferent pattern than our real world region we would end up with the Vivillon pattern of our real world region which is based in the country we are in, they just would need to copy and paste a piece code as that mechanic is not region(of a game) based but rather country based.

Unlike the others, Shellos and Deerling. Because with Shellos we aren't in Sinnoh and thus we don't have a region split in half by a mountain system and Deerling because we don't have spring, autum/fall, winter and summer system in 6th gen games.

That's a guess because I still don't have ORAS but I think is solid enough.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else thought this, but I felt like Zinnia had a death wish? She was gonna go to space on Rayquaza, and unlike us she doesn't have a super-suit. Also, didn't she say something about being with Aster (ie the person who died, not the Whismur. I think the person who died is her mother) soon?

Also, though I don't think you can help his amnesia in this game, I think ORAS is still set at the same time as the Kanto games, so Looker has yet to go to Kalos to catch Xerosic.
Also, that means the Aqua and Magma grunts could go to Unova... EXCEPT if I remember right, the Unova grunts didn't know that the other was also a grunt. So, different pairs of Grunts.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
How the hell do I unlock the doors at Sea Mauville? I only got the key for Room 1.

And what's with that room where I'm watched? I know it's Spiritomb, but nothing ever triggers.

Scotteh

Memelord Extraordinaire
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
How the hell do I unlock the doors at Sea Mauville? I only got the key for Room 1.

And what's with that room where I'm watched? I know it's Spiritomb, but nothing ever triggers.
Once you've gotten that message, go read the cabinet that informs you that the Keystone was lost, then bring up a menu (Pokémon, Bag, etc) and close it. Spiritomb will be behind you.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I really don't want to go through 230 pages to find the answer...

Is it confirmed that Primal Groudon/Kyorge respawn after you beat the E4 if you kill it during the story?

Maybe someone should update the OP with a FAQ section so people don't keep asking the same questions again and again.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Is it confirmed that Primal Groudon/Kyorge respawn after you beat the E4 if you kill it during the story?

Maybe someone should update the OP with a FAQ section so people don't keep asking the same questions again and again.
1) Yes. Many times, as you suspected.

2) Good idea, but this thread will be locked once the games are released worldwide.

Has anyone started a thread for the chances of finding shiny pokemon in mirage spots yet? I am wondering what the odds are, specifically due to the fact that I have been hunting Ho-oh through almost 2000 encounters and if it is the 1/512 people say it is (since people keep getting them pre 500), then I must just be unlucky...seriously at this rate it is a better chance at those odds that I would have hit 5 sheer colds straight than have not found a shiny probability wise

Personally, I'm right in front of the door that will lead me to the Elite Four, meaning I am farther in Alpha Sapphire than I was in Ruby (never did finish grinding). Time to face the only Elite Four I have never fought...well, not counting Emerald's.

EDIT: Finally, I'm the Champion in every single region.
The ending bit where May is waiting for me felt so much like the ending to Ocarina of Time due to the window with the light pouring out of it. I kept expecting to see Navi flying away.
Also, that was the greatest credits in the series. Actually seeing my Pokémon during them just made it special. And that final battle with May just had a sweetness to it.
I have to say, Alpha Sapphire has changed my opinion on Hoenn completely.

Okay, where to start with this. Honestly Zinnia should have stopped at bringing up the point it could be teleported on course to another planet but after that she lost me. Really? RSE is an alternate universe and the meteor will be teleported to it? But wait, if RSE is an alternate universe then that must mean all games before Gen VI must be in the alternate universe. Why? Pokemon World Tournament. The Pokemon World Tournament in Gen V had the Hoenn Gym Leaders in it and they were there old design, thus Gen V must be in the alternate universe. And since the other region Gym Leaders were also in the PWT, that must also mean those games are also in the alternate universe. So basically everything before Gen VI had been written out of continuity.
AND, since they're now out of continuity, why should I care? Why should I care that it'll be destroyed? It's no longer the prime universe, it's not in our universe, how would its destruction effect us? A destruction of a planet in our universe? Yeah, that carries some weight as who knows if we may ever meet the inhabitants of that planet. But a universe which we're being told has been discontinued? Doesn't really hold much weight. Also, being we're playing the parallel universe card, what's preventing ANOTHER parallel Hoenn with Mega Evolution from deciding to destroy a parallel Hoenn who no Mega Evolution? Isn't one of the rules for parallel universes that for every possibility there's a separate universe where a different decision was made?
Actually, there was to be at least five alternate Hoenns, one for each game. One with ME and evil Team Magma (Omega Ruby), one without ME and evil Team Magma (Ruby), etc. So, it could just be hitting the appropriate parallel Hoenn (Ruby and Omega Ruby, etc). Emerald is technically the "canon" one as far as the PWT is concerned as you face Juan in the Hoenn Leaders Tournament. And this does have precedent (Gen I and II are in an alternate timeline as well).
And to be honest, being concerned about continuity in a Pokémon game since FireRed and LeafGreen is like being concerned about continuity in Doctor Who: it's never going to make sense, will often change, and will only hurt your head.

So the trendy phrase of Dewford is limited but back none the less. It's good it no longer effects Feebas though.

However, my randomly generated phrase when I got there was "Bright Powder Parties." O_O

Oh Gamefreak where do I even begin...

Edit: I'm crying from laughing too hard right now, so here is some NPC highlights:
1. "Yes, even the TV news might come to report on the Bright Powder party."
2. "A life without Bright Powder parties is unthinkable!"
3. "Man, I just can't wait for the Bright Powder party!" -says gradeschooler.
Mine is "Potion Festival".

Also, did anyone see this?:

With all the memes in Gen VI, I'm just waiting for a NPC who asks if you want to hear music only to Rick Roll you.

Last edited:
That moment you realize that Delta Episode is a Pokémon remake of Armageddon. Which made me imagine Bruce Willis flying in space on a Rayquaza. That is AWESOME.
For those wondering why Looker shows up with amnesia/gives you Audinite... Audino is supposed to sound like "I dunno" just as its Japanese name Tabunne roughly translates to "Maybe."
Ow, pun, pain, ouch.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Once you've gotten that message, go read the cabinet that informs you that the Keystone was lost, then bring up a menu (Pokémon, Bag, etc) and close it. Spiritomb will be behind you.
LOL, that sounds like something GF got straight from a creepypasta or one of those fake rumors about catching a certain Legendary.

Actually, there was to be at least five alternate Hoenns, one for each game. One with ME and evil Team Magma (Omega Ruby), one without ME and evil Team Magma (Ruby), etc. So, it could just be hitting the appropriate parallel Hoenn (Ruby and Omega Ruby, etc). Emerald is technically the "canon" one as far as the PWT is concerned as you face Juan in the Hoenn Leaders Tournament. And this does have precedent (Gen I and II are in an alternate timeline as well).
And to be honest, being concerned about continuity in a Pokémon game since FireRed and LeafGreen is like being concerned about continuity in Doctor Who: it's never going to make sense, will often change, and will only hurt your head.

Also, did anyone see this?:

With all the memes in Gen VI, I'm just waiting for a NPC who asks if you want to hear music only to Rick Roll you.
I know, just saying it feels like they're really stretching the story at that point. Hey kids! Not only did you save this game's Hoenn, but you're gonna save the old Hoenn too! Hey, you know what, I did save the other Hoenn when I played Sapphire many years ago. I think RSE Hoenn would be fine. So they don't have Mega Evolution, but what about all the other Legendaries and if this really is a world ending meteor I think Arceus would even give a quick glance to swat the meteor away. Also, wouldn't destroying the meteor just mean now we have hundreds of smaller meteors heading to Hoenn?

And yes, I saw that too. I wonder if this was in the original game or if this the translation team having fun. May I remind you of the "Over 9000" Psychic in XY?

Oh, and speaking of the Pokemon timeline, found this interesting post:

So ORAS is still in its proper place. Also its revealed B2W2 takes place at the same time as XY. Now we know its 3 years between FRLG/ORAS & HGSS/DPP and it's 2 years between BW & B2W2/XY, though we still don't know how much time has passed between HGSS/DPP & BW.

LOL, that sounds like something GF got straight from a creepypasta or one of those fake rumors about catching a certain Legendary.

I know, just saying it feels like they're really stretching the story at that point. Hey kids! Not only did you save this game's Hoenn, but you're gonna save the old Hoenn too! Hey, you know what, I did save the other Hoenn when I played Sapphire many years ago. I think RSE Hoenn would be fine. So they don't have Mega Evolution, but what about all the other Legendaries and if this really is a world ending meteor I think Arceus would even give a quick glance to swat the meteor away. Also, wouldn't destroying the meteor just mean now we have hundreds of smaller meteors heading to Hoenn?

And yes, I saw that too. I wonder if this was in the original game or if this the translation team having fun. May I remind you of the "Over 9000" Psychic in XY?

Oh, and speaking of the Pokemon timeline, found this interesting post:

So ORAS is still in its proper place. Also its revealed B2W2 takes place at the same time as XY. Now we know its 3 years between FRLG/ORAS & HGSS/DPP and it's 2 years between BW & B2W2/XY, though we still don't know how much time has passed between HGSS/DPP & BW.
But they are building and setting up the Battle Frontier in ORAS, which is built in Emerald which has the same events as Ruby and Sapphire aaaaaa

Anyway, does this mean that you meet Looker before he shows up in Platinum? oh this is confusing why do i care

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
But they are building and setting up the Battle Frontier in ORAS, which is built in Emerald which has the same events as Ruby and Sapphire aaaaaa

Anyway, does this mean that you meet Looker before he shows up in Platinum? oh this is confusing why do i care
Hmm, has anyone shown Looker a Croagunk? Ooh, maybe it'll be revealed we're the ones who gives him his Croagunk... which would later die... TT_TT

Wow, shiny Zekrom? Congrats! I'll be SRing for one, although I prefer Reshiram's shiny, so i might try trading for that... Are there any shiny locked legendaries at all in these games, or are they all shiny-able?

Wow, shiny Zekrom? Congrats! I'll be SRing for one, although I prefer Reshiram's shiny, so i might try trading for that... Are there any shiny locked legendaries at all in these games, or are they all shiny-able?
I'm not an expert by any means, but I heard the story-line legends are shiny-locked (groudon, kyogre, rayquaza, deoxys). The rest are all available though... shiny reshiram and zekrom ftw!! :D

I'm not an expert by any means, but I heard the story-line legends are shiny-locked (groudon, kyogre, rayquaza, deoxys). The rest are all available though... shiny reshiram and zekrom ftw!! :D
And the Lati@s the game gives you is probably also shiny locked. Who knows about the other one you can go catch on Southern Island at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)