XY Doubles Rate my Doubles Trick Room Team!

here is the team: http://pastebin.com/TSW17iP3

ReggieWatts (Regirock) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

Regirock has amazing bulk, but has many weaknesses. This regirock is designed to tank a super effective move, and then respond with a Weakness Policy boosted attack. In trick room, since it goes first, can deal a lot of damage. every single one of my pokes run protect, which is probably the most important move in the metagame. Rock slide is great since spread, also it checks mega charizard Y and talonflame, along with just doing good damage in general. Earthquake is not used as much but mostly for heatran ;_;
drain punch is it's only form of recovery but hits mega kanga hard, as well as many other threats.
max hp for bulkiness and max attack so it can do something without the weakness policy boost. you'll also notice all pokes are min speed
Clear body is awesome since intimidate won't work against it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Weesh (Jirachi) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Protect

This Jirachi is one of my trick room setters, which isn't very common. It's designed to be super bulky, and used to have leftovers, until spore amoonguss in tr made me cry to the point where I just gave it safety goggles instead. follow me is self-explanatory. iron head is there for fairies, when taunt happens, and for the occasional flinch hax
follow me works well with the rest of the pokes, but especially breloom and talonflame since they're really frail.

weede (Talonflame) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Talonflame with no speed investment. Perhaps I should have speed investment. It's never really been a problem, since I mostly brave bird, and the steels i need to hit with flare blitz can't do too much damage before it attacks.
Talonflame's brave bird provides priority both inside and out of trick room. It's also the only pokemon on my team that hits grass types and steel types hard. Sometimes a little difficult to keep alive with so much protect prediction going on. swords dance is if both pokes on the other side can't hurt talonflame (especially if jirachi is follow meing), and turns talonflame into a powerhouse. u-turn is a thing, and so is will-o-wisp but honestly it's almost always brave bird or flare blitz.

zzzzzzzzz (Breloom) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4Def
Brave Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Protect

this breloom loves sleep. for other people that is. It's also a hard counter to rotom-w, suicune with bullet seed, and other bulky water types. Mach punch priority is awesome, especially with technician. usually this breloom won't die to one hit, but focus sash is there for when it does. Only hard counter to bisharp, which is usually used as a tr counter.

psssss (Blastoise) (F) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Water Spout
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Blastoise is bulky, and has a great movepool that was really difficult to choose from. Water Spout is it's main water stab of choice, mostly because when paired with aromatisse's heal pulse allows it to stay strong and awesome. Dark Pulse gets pseudo-stab with mega-launcher and is the only thing that can hit psychic and ghost types. Dark pulse ohkos latios/latios/mega gengar, and does around 90% to a mega metagross. Ice beam used to be fake out, but when ORAS was introduced ice beam proved too useful to handle mega salamance, as well as lando-t and the likes. main trick room sweeper, and usually used with aromatisse.

blerupe (Aromatisse) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Heal Pulse
- Protect
- Moonblast

Aromatisse has aroma veil, which makes taunt not possible hehehe. the evs are the smogon set, and usually, aromatisse reliably sets up trick room. Only really hard-hitting steels can ohko aromatisse. I also chose aromatisse since it's one of the few fairy tr setters, meaning it's not weak to dark, basically it's typing is great. Heal pulse to heal blastoise and occasionaly regirock, moonblast when it sets up trick room and doesn't need to heal. Also hits dragons huzzah.

this team laddered up to around 20 on the PS ladder before the reset. doesn't seem to be too affected by the ORAS megas.
can't beat the people highest on the ladder though (might just be that the player isn't good enough)
Any commentary is appreciated, go ahead and rate :)

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, nice team you've got there, and I really appreciate the full trick room playstyle you've got going on, as it's a very powerful one that not many can utilize properly. On a first glimpse one glaring issue I've noticed with your team is that it has almost no answers for bulkier grass types, most notably Ferrothorn and Amoonguss, who can quite easily give your team issues with Sleep or just chipping away with Leech Seed. Now, I understand that you do have Talonflame, a pokemon that works quite well in-and-out of Trick Room, and that is capable of beating each of those 3 by itself, however it's also a very fragile one, and should not be your primary response to them. For that reason, I do think that opting for a Chandelure with Trick Room instead of Talonflame, which gives you more bulk at the cost of reduced priority, but also allows you to play the spread game a bit better, though you'll be slightly weaker vs a few team archetypes, the trade off may be worth it.
Secondly, and this is an interesting option that I think should be considered if you don't like my 1st one, is to swap Regirock for Lightning Rod Rhyperior. Obviously this is a large switch, and I like to imagine Regirock is your focal point, but what Rhyperior could do is provide heavy, and immediate offense which Regirock can not, since it's attack is underwhelming until it takes a super effective hit. Also Lightning Rod provides assurance against Electric attack users for Talonflame and Blastoise, reducing one of their weaknesses. As for Rhyperior's weaknesses to Ice, Grass, and Water? Those are handled by already existing members of the team!
Overall, I'd say it's a fine team, quite interesting, and I'm sure it's quite fun to use! Good luck in the future.

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Trick Room

Rhyperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Lightning Rod / Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn / Ice Punch
- Drill Run / Protect
- Earthquake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)