XY OU MeGa DoS

Although it's quite long that i had a smogon account,i didn't really use it so i don't know all the cool guys like ben gay and jukian.(My connection sucks so no iirc too)However,with the transition to ORAS,i decided to give a shot in RMTs and also to be a succesful smogon user like AM and albacore.I currently have to put the second one aside but for the first one,i have to achieve it.So,the team is based on the MVP and my favourite pokemon....

Yeah,the big bad gyarados which evolves from the shitty magikarp you get at the mt.moon(or whatever forgot the name).By knowing that mega dos gets crunch in ORAS,i rushed to use this beast although i hadn't tested out the new megas(except from mega mence :( ).And i have decided to use this beast.I know very few things about the meta so guys help me improve my team :)

Gyarados-M here cuz it's the MVP.

Gallade-M is a beast to this team if it predicts right with the time mega dos evolves.M-cross,m-gardevoir,m-venu and m-loppuny are problems too why weakening thundy isn't a bad idea.

Checks thundy,keldeo,mega venu,m-cross,chesnaught and rotom-w while providing the defog support that mega dos absolutely love so latias gets a spot in the team.It also checks terrakion who can otherwise beat me with some predictions.

It took surprisingly long for me to find this guy and boy,it was fantastic.It can set up rocks,it checks fairies which is extremely important for the team and also beats mega aero,another headache.

The aforementioned fairies can reveal their ugly heads by using the moves to beat ferrothorn and cress can stall every one except from mega dos who though can set up on it.Greninja beats everyone despite being a dark type due to protean gunk shot.

Originally belong to mamoswine,but with the zards' threat level being so high i decided to use scarf landorus-t so i can check them.Mega man is outspd and KOed while opposing landorus-t is going to be 2HKOed by HP ice and it can also check scarf chomp with FB another huge problem to the team.

THE TEAM
(Credits to boudoche's team formatting style)

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 22 Def / 234 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Crunch

Mega dos is one of the best dragon dancers in the meta perhaps even better than zard x in the mence meta.With this set,mega dos becomes a completely destructive beast with godly power.Mega Dos can completely break past mega bro and mega eye stall teams with only a little bit support.

Item : Mega Evolves Gyarados so u absolutely need this.

Ability : Lets it set up much better,moxie sucks.

EVS : Maximum fire power and enough speed to outrun weavile after a dragon dance.

Nature : More power.

For the set,dragon dance is a staple on mega dos because it lets mega dos to sweep with the boosts that it provides.It will also be amazing seeing mega dos dance.Waterfall is STAB and provides coverage as well as a 20%flinch chance.Crunch is secondary STAB and lets it beat stuff like mega bro and latios.Taunt is to break past mega eye but water+crunch coverage isn't very good imo and gets resisted by common pokemon like azumarill,keldeo,mega altaria,opposing mega dos,chesnaught and ninja(including ninja because it survives +2 crunch)so i need to provide it with a lot of support.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost

This guy is a really good partner for mega dos by taking care of m-gallade,m-cross,m-garde,m-venu,keldeo,chesnaught and ninja to an extent.Talonflame's main problem for me is that it's survivality is too frail for me and it dies without taking out the important threats of the team thanks to the residual damage.Brave Bird is the main STAB and it's basically too important to pass and it has a lot of power.Flare Blitz is the second STAB although i only really find use on ferrothorn and skarmory so i'm a little disappointed.U-turn is to switch in and out of counters as well as scouting.Roost provides longevity on a predicted switch thou i'll rather use u-turn.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Originally belong to latios but after some testing,i decided to choose latias over her brother.A lot of teams are gyarados weak in general and thus i often find myself setting up gyarados early in the match.A lot of times,i really wanted to set up again and sweep teams but with latios,i couldn't do that.Latias fixes this with healing wish and checks everything that latios checks except from mega cross which it still does about 80%.It's also more adorable :).The spread is standard although i don't know what it does,i believe it's a good one.Draco+Psyshock for powerful STABs and both are equally important for dealing with threats like mega cross,chesnaught,keldeo,mega venusaur,thundy and rotom-w.Healing Wish lets me heal gyarados-m to renew a weakened one and lets it sweep.It also helps other members if i absolutely need them in full health.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 194 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Ferrothorn is an awesome pokemon regardless of the type of the team it's in.Although completely stopped by mega eye,it can still set up stealth rock very well on a lot of threats with it's amazing typing and wonderful bulk.It also checks every fairy apart from flamethrower clefable,fire blast altaria and superpower azumarill all being quite rare and i think ferrothorn will still live one.Leech Seed+Protect for recovery and to stall out opponents like cube while gyro ball acts as an attacking move and STAB for fairies as well as cube.Stealth Rock is a thing that everything should have it and leftovers means even more recovery though not having reliable recovery sucks.EV spreads for more physical bulk and some special bulk as well.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump Low Kick
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

Beats fairies and cress as well as an overpowered one so i decided to use the ninja in the team.With it's standard life orb set,greninja can fit very well in this team by threatening out heatran and also checks
fairies.Greninja is also very hard to switch-in as everything is going to be at least 2HKOed if your name isn't chansey.40 Atk to ensure the gurantee KO on azumarill and clefable i guess while the rest are pumped to standard stat.Low Kick for beating ferrothorn who can wall half the team while still beating heatranDark Pulse 2HKOs cress and also shits a few others.Gunk Shot in order for fairies while ice beam is used for a stronger hit on altaria,lati twins and is a nice coverage move in general.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian is the latest addition in the team and is quite pulling out it's weight.WIth it's utility and the ability to check key threats to my team,it really fits on well with the team.With a scarf equipped,it can check the zards and some others.Earthquake is the main STAB and hits very hard with landorus' huge attack.Knock Off is the move that hits slowbro and also cripples chansey.Stone Edge is for KOing mega zard y while hidden power ice 2HKOs chomp and opposing lando-therian.

Mamoswine=Although it was a very good check to the mega man,i greatly struggle with adamant DD mega zard and mega zard y.Landorus-T fixes it and still being a nice check to the mega man+lando-t core albeit less effective than mamoswine.Still,it was a pretty great choice.
Latios=Great member but latias' survivality proved to be better for the team and thus latios was abandoned.

Empty but hoping to get filled soon.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 22 Def / 234 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Crunch

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 194 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Low Kick
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

Mamoswine @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry

Last edited:
Do not use Assault Vest Mamoswine; while Assault Vest looks good on paper, Mamoswine appreciates having a Life Orb more because it wants to hit as hard as it can (without Life Orb it fails to OHKO Garchomp, just to show how much it needs a Life Orb). I would switch the nature to 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe Naive for maximum speed and being able to 2HKO Rotom-W after Stealth Rock, especially since it walls half of your team. Mamoswine wants as much speed as it can as well to outspeed Bisharp, which is very much appreciated.

I think Recover > Healing Wish on Latios, since this team is more balanced and would appreciate a Pokemon that can stick around longer rather than a Healing Wish user.

Low Kick > Hydro Pump allows Greninja to weaken Ferrothorn, which can open way for Gyarados to sweep with one of its main checks weakened.

Aside from that, you should be fine. However, if Pinsir picks up in usage, your team will have a hard time with that, though after the Greninja suspect, you should have space for a proper check.

Make these changes, and you should be fine. Good luck!

i though the nature was already naive.gonna change it

@alfafa:thanks for your rating.

I just used ass vest mamo cuz lando+mega man teams are huge headaches.The ass vest set doesn't take much from mega man's overheat but with your spread,it takes about 80% which really sucks and with latias+mamo just slightly weakened,mega man can sweep the team.still on the fence.

Not really sure about this either is healing wsih is pretty amazing and really helps.but i also find problems with latias' survivality so might test it.

Thanks for the low kick suggestion.yeah,ferro has became a dick and hp fire means heatran becomes a monster.gonna change this though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)