ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Just got the game today. Well worth shaving off an hour or so of my exam studies for. The exam isn't until... Monday... anyway. Oh well.

The opening - from the game intro to the actual opening scene - was awesome. Really well done.

Though, the start of your adventure was a little confusing, if you think twice about it. At no point were you specifically told "go out and explore Hoenn!" or "Travel the land and catch Pokémon!" or anything. It was as if you had to understand by yourself that you're free to go. Norman spoke about beating Gyms as if you had already been told that it was the purpose of your journey. All in all, your actual adventure had very little introduction.

It was a cute touch that when you meet up with Brendan/May on Route 103, you can see the actual bush and pond featured in the intro cinematic.

Also, the Dex Nav is so good that I immediately start worrying that GameFreak will leave it out of future games. They have had an ugly tendency to feature excellent concepts in each new game, only to completely forget about it in the next. Portable berry pots and toggle-able Running Shoes in HGSS, Secret Bases in RSE (made a weak return in D/P and was left out of B/W and X/Y completely), the Vs. Seeker in D/P, Dynamic background music in B/W/B2/W2, unique Gym music in BW2, and so on. For every good thing they introduce, they keep taking away something too. I really hope the DexNav will be a mainstay of Pokémon games in the future, but I don't keep my hopes up.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't think the patch was ever confirmed to enforce Shiny Locks (outside of Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza/Deoxys, but those came with the game).

Also, the Dex Nav is so good that I immediately start worrying that GameFreak will leave it out of future games. They have had an ugly tendency to feature excellent concepts in each new game, only to completely forget about it in the next. Portable berry pots and toggle-able Running Shoes in HGSS, Secret Bases in RSE (made a weak return in D/P and was left out of B/W and X/Y completely), the Vs. Seeker in D/P, Dynamic background music in B/W/B2/W2, unique Gym music in BW2, and so on. For every good thing they introduce, they keep taking away something too. I really hope the DexNav will be a mainstay of Pokémon games in the future, but I don't keep my hopes up.
Exactly what I was worried about too. One the one hand, it keeps games from being too samey. On the other, if they added all of them, it would be amazing.

So I'm going to pathless plain and nothing's showing up when I try to reach into the porthole (I haven't caught any of the musketeers yet), anybody have any idea why?

I've also heard that interacting with players via wifi or street pass is supposed to grant access to their mirage islands but that also hasn't happened.
You need a Pokémon that has maxed out its EVs to be able to battle the Sacred Swordsman. Do you have one?

If your StreetPass is on, I can't think of why you're not getting Mirage Spots.

I have 3 max EV 'mons on my team, you can't land on the pathless plain otherwise. I wonder if you have to have the max ev poke in the lead of your party?

I don't know if this was talked about yet, but can we check the natures of the gift Camerupt and Sharpedo. I find it extremely strange that I would get an Adamant Sharpedo and Quiet Camerupt, the best natures for them. Did anyone else get this, cause then we might see a locked nature?

I don't know if this was talked about yet, but can we check the natures of the gift Camerupt and Sharpedo. I find it extremely strange that I would get an Adamant Sharpedo and Quiet Camerupt, the best natures for them. Did anyone else get this, cause then we might see a locked nature?
Serebii says it's random.

How are the IV's? Any perfect/ideal ones for them? Are they locked to something specific like the gift Pokemon in X/Y, or just completely random? I'm not that far into my game yet, so I'm kind of curious.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
You used the one thing Serebii DID fix as an example. :P
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

How are the IV's? Any perfect/ideal ones for them? Are they locked to something specific like the gift Pokemon in X/Y, or just completely random? I'm not that far into my game yet, so I'm kind of curious.
I never checked the IVs, I'll go do that now.

EDIT: Neither of them had any perfects. Camerupt's best one was Speed (lol) while Sharpedo's was Special Defense.

Last edited:
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I never checked the IVs, I'll go do that now.

EDIT: Neither of them had any perfects. Camerupt's best one was Speed (lol) while Sharpedo's was Special Defense.
So completely random, then. Well at least the nature is helpful to them for breeding. And a free Sharpedo if someone isn't into soaring around on Lati@s. (but really, who wouldn't? That feature is AWESOME. Would rather regular Latios, but not complaining)

Well, now that the dust has settled (i.e. beat the game and important sidequests), I'm setting up the breeding environment. Those ORAS hatch locations are simply awesome! I'm definitely hatching a perfect Sharpedo at the Team Aqua Hideout.

The Mr. Bonding Origin story was extremely Dragonball Z - like. Very surprised with the outcome. New Mauville is disappointingly small, the Delta Episode was amazing (Should've been called Revelations lol) and the Super Single at the Battle Maison has some real hax. My Mega Gallade beat the normal single on its own, which surprised me.

Speaking of Battle Resort stuff, the tutors are very cheap and accessible this time around! 8 BP for each of the elemental punches? I'll take 'em all! And the Life Orb farming in route 120 is just insane. 2 Life Orbs in less than 5 minutes! Sorry, Maison clerks...I got another provider.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Don't know if anyone has posted about this/discover this, but this is life changing:

It's actually terribad, because I got so used to the usual button order that now I'm always trying to withdraw pokémon :| But a great idea nonetheless.

How do you access the Secret areas(meadow, shore and islet)?
Exploring. You'll need Dive to get to them, though.

For some bizarre reason I can't get the next Legendaries to appear. I caught Cobalion and Azelf and its been a few days and neither have respawned the next Legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)