Ubers is now a tier; a new Metagame called Anything Goes is added; M-Ray is banned from Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same reasons bans in OU don't affect Doubles. They are completely different tiers set on a different track than the OU/UU/RU/Nu line. Doubles, LC, and Ubers are separate entities that are not affected by/do not affect the main tiers.
But Pokemon can be tiered in a linear manner connecting Ubers to OU/etc., unlike Doubles and LC.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But Pokemon can be tiered in a linear manner connecting Ubers to OU/etc., unlike Doubles and LC.
Except that OU is the main tier, which means that Ubers does not affect it anymore than UU banning Drought affected LC (they had to ban Vulpix on their own). If you're asking why OU is the main tier versus Ubers, then that's a different question - one that I can't answer - and something you should bring up to Chaos. But as long as OU is the standard tier, Ubers bans/tiering will never affect it.

Except that OU is the main tier, which means that Ubers does not affect it anymore than UU banning Drought affected LC (they had to ban Vulpix on their own). If you're asking why OU is the main tier versus Ubers, then that's a different question - one that I can't answer - and something you should bring up to Chaos. But as long as OU is the standard tier, Ubers bans/tiering will never affect it.
I think it goes back to the fact that Ubers is a banlist first and a tier second. People said that before all this Anything Goes stuff happened, but Ubers was really just a somewhat comptative, playable banlist. Being an official tier and being a banlist are not two mutually exclusive things either.

Just now found out about this. well I knew something had to be done about MRay, but Dragon Ascending all the way to a new state of being and creating a new tier is pretty impressive. I suppose this means M Salamence now has a shot at Ubers, so that's good. But DAMN. 700-something BST, Flying Type CC, only two weaknesses, two boosting moves, and priority. You don't need 2500+ ladder rating to know that's some broken crap right there. GG MRay. GG.

Also, now I have clarification on what Ubers is, tier-vs-banlist-wise. Thank you chaos.

Plus, now I can use the team of my dreams: six Mew. Each one: only move is Metronome. All of them holding Leppa berry. lol rng

I am not sure if I missed it or not, but does bans on Ubers, now that it is a tier from now on, affect the lower tiers OU, UU and below?

I haven't had the chance to try out M-Ray in Ubers, but I agree it's really reasonable to ban it to hell. AG is also a great idea as a concept in and of itself, I just hope you'll be keeping a ladder of it too.

I'm looking forward to attempt a Lock On + OHKO move sometime and acund actually see if it can work.

Klefki is horribly overrated and 6x Klefki teams are pure trash that auto-lose to Mega Diancie (the second best mega after Rayquaza in my opinion).
Arceus, PDon, POgre and M-Ray are the best pokemon in the tier due to their sheer power and versatility. Smeargle could be argued for S rank as well. Klefki is more of a B-rank pokemon in my book.

Klefki is horribly overrated and 6x Klefki teams are pure trash that auto-lose to Mega Diancie (the second best mega after Rayquaza in my opinion).
Arceus, PDon, POgre and M-Ray are the best pokemon in the tier due to their sheer power and versatility. Smeargle could be argued for S rank as well. Klefki is more of a B-rank pokemon in my book.
It was sarcasm, sweetheart.
I'm Smogon's most sarcastic asshole after all, it's my job.

The solution to kelfki is obviously own tempo numel. Immune to thunder wave and swagger. Not to mention it has a super effective stab against it. Sorry, 2 super-effective stabs.

I've seen so much 6X Darkrai teams that all i see is black whenever I play AG...

Seriously if it's not teams with 6 Klefki's or M-Rayquaza it's that guy

mags

Banned deucer.
Will stag be reevaluated now that ubers is considered a tier. For one thing I did not vote on the suspect test but I would've voted no ban just on the thought that ubers is a banlist and they shouldn't ban anything except things like moody or ohko moves. Now that it is a tier do you think that people will change your mind on stag. I know stag is beatable but you said this in your thread "It is no fun to play or watch matches with this Pokemon/ability/etc (henceforth just Pokemon) allowed. Having this Pokemon in Ubers makes me want to play some other meta. I would be bored as fuck to watch a match with this Pokemon allowed. This is a subjective criterion, but an important one I think: if everyone hates Ubers, then why have it? It is our obligation in such a case to try to fix it." Okay just in my opinion this is stag lol. Anybody else agree or am I totally wrong. Not saying stag should be banned but is there a thought of a ban for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)