Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

so i just got a deoxys with this spread:

jolly

31/31/31/26/31/26

and i was wanting a deoxys speed. is it ok to have a speed missing 5 IVs, or is the speed tie with other deoxys speed too important?

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called

jolly

31/31/31/26/31/26

and i was wanting a deoxys speed. is it ok to have a speed missing 5 IVs, or is the speed tie with other deoxys speed too important?
the speed tie is pretty important, for me at least. i'd keep going

jolly

31/31/31/26/31/26

The speed is indeed important even if you were to have some missing IVs in bulk to achive that it shouldn't be a problem since its bulk is at any rate horrible.

yohoE

Well, if you for some reason want Bold for Latias, go for it. But Timid is by far the best Nature to have.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Well, if you for some reason want Bold for Latias, go for it. But Timid is by far the best Nature to have.
Even when you can't get defog on it? I figured that was latias' main reason to use timid, as a fast defogger. And I'm not too keen on healing wish in 3v3. (I don't play 6v6 on cart)

I also figured so many other people were going for a timid one that I could always get a clone of one later.

Anyway I got this one now:
Latias - #380 (Bold) Female (?) Levitate: 29 / 11 - 13 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31

yohoE

Even when you can't get defog on it? I figured that was latias' main reason to use timid, as a fast defogger. And I'm not too keen on healing wish in 3v3. (I don't play 6v6 on cart)

I also figured so many other people were going for a timid one that I could always get a clone of one later.

Anyway I got this one now:
Latias - #380 (Bold) Female (?) Levitate: 29 / 11 - 13 / 31 / 31 / 29 / 31
The reason you want Timid is to abuse the awesome Speed Tier it inhabits. Whether this is to be a fast Defogger or to be a Calm Mind Attacker, Timid will almost always be better.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
How are you getting the IV's for sure on Latias? Do you have to level her before you can distinguish between 30 and 31?
http://www.metalkid.info/pokemon/calculators/iv.aspx

Once you've calculated it for level 30, look at which stats say "suggested level 31" or something and then give it a rare candy. If there are still stats it's unsure about, it will often want a few EVs in that stat (like 8 or so), so just do a bit of super training and check again.

after grinding Groudon for ca 30 times I got a Naughty one with with 31/31/31/13/24/31 Should I keed it or keep on grinding? Im thinking about using an All out offensive SR set with something like SR/P-Blades/Stone edge/Firepunch|overheat
Adamant and Naughty were the only natures I would settle for

For the record Im not using a Sychronizer or bother breeding for one atm, since I lost all of my old ones when some asshat stole my 3DS+version of Y in paris 2 months ago :[

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
keep/toss:

Thundurus
Timid
26-27/31/31/30/0/31

It's got perfect offensive EVs (I don't really mind re 30 Sp. Atk) but it has HP [Ground] and a 0 in Special Defense. Should I keep going for HP [Ice]?

yohoE

after grinding Groudon for ca 30 times I got a Naughty one with with 31/31/31/13/24/31 Should I keed it or keep on grinding? Im thinking about using an All out offensive SR set with something like SR/P-Blades/Stone edge/Firepunch|overheat

For the record Im not using a Sychronizer or bother breeding for one atm, since I lost all of my old ones when some asshat stole my 3DS+version of Y in paris 2 months ago :[
You'll want high SpDef since PDon is a really good check to Kyogre and Xerneas, both being Special attackers.

keep/toss:

Thundurus
Timid
26-27/31/31/30/0/31

It's got perfect offensive EVs (I don't really mind re 30 Sp. Atk) but it has HP [Ground] and a 0 in Special Defense. Should I keep going for HP [Ice]?
Keep going for HP Ice

How are you getting the IV's for sure on Latias? Do you have to level her before you can distinguish between 30 and 31?
For Latios just add 12 EV to the stat you want to evaluate (lv3 super training) then use a calculator it will do the trick :)

Adamant Ray with 31/26-27/31/x/26-27/31. Keeping it?
I would keep him, the attack could of course be higher (since with SD you are amplifying the missing IV b ut I don't think you're missing any notable OHKO and as you can see from these calcs there isn't much of a difference:
31Atk IV :

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 411-484 (101.7 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
26Atk IV : +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 406-478 (100.4 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you want overheat then its SAtk is low (I don't know if there are any notable KO you're missing) if you want fire punch then you want an adamant one :(
The easiest way the get a sychronizer it's catching ralts on route 2 (or 3 I can't remember) using the pokéradar.

keep/toss:

Thundurus
Timid
26-27/31/31/30/0/31

HP ice is really usefull on him I'd keep going :(

31/31/15/31/31/31 Naive Rayquaza. Dont know, should I keep this? I may not be SRing for it too much latter with me having access to the Eon Ticket and want to save the good RNG for Latios.

Will not keep though if I find out Speed is 30. Gonna have to EV train it after I let it die to Goodra so it gains no EVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)