Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Boehijt

je vraagt de definitie van almelo de riet...
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
  1. Operating system - Win 8.1
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) - Firefox
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? - Chrome, it works
  4. When did this problem start? - Today at around 3:30 pm Central European Time
  5. Your PS username - Boehijt
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). - When I try to start a battle, or watch a battle nothing happens. When I click Look for a battle it will do the connecting and the searching thing but nothing will happen. It does seem as if there's a battle that has started, because when I challenge someone in the chat they always say that a battle has started but I just haven't joined. When I try to click Watch a battle it gives me a list of active battles like it's supposed to but when I click one of them it will return to the main screen.
EDIT: When I type /dt <pokémon> or !dt <pokémon> in a chatroom, no data will show up, only a message "undefined".

Last edited:

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

1. Operating system: Windows 8.1
  2. Web Browser: Google Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? Yes, I have tried IE and Firefox and neither work.
  4. When did this problem start? Today.
  5. Your PS username: Conquer
  6. And of, course, your problem: As you'll see in the screenshot above, my showdown screen is stuck on the "Loading..." thing and it has been for a while now. No matter how many times I try to fix it by refreshing it never seems to work. I could use some help here, It would be most appreciated!
EDIT : I pretty much have the same issue as the person above me.
  1. Operating system - Win 8.1
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) - FireFox
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? - Chrome and Internet Explorer, same results
  4. When did this problem start? - After getting a new computer with windows 8.1
  5. Your PS username - Shake
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). -
Same as the two users above me. It let me play once after I control F5 the page and has not worked since.
Same problem as this guy. Bought a new laptop and couldn't log onto showdown. I thought it was my antivirus probably but I don't know what to do to fix this, opened g.chrome to all ports but issue still remains. Might consider turning off firewall; but I'm not the only one with this problem apparently

UPDATE: tried turning off firewall and restarting computer, this did not help the situation.
Go to PS on Chrome and if you are still having this problem open up the console with Ctrl+Shift+J
If you see an error with "sf_main.jsp" in it, then the problem is that an addon/extension has installed superfish on your computer (a kind of adware). http://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/7011-remove-superfish-ads

Go to PS on Chrome and if you are still having this problem open up the console with Ctrl+Shift+J
If you see an error with "sf_main.jsp" in it, then the problem is that an addon/extension has installed superfish on your computer (a kind of adware). http://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/7011-remove-superfish-ads
Seems to be a problem with Win 8.1 users. I tried the ctrl shift J thing and the error that showed up was:
"Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT"

Edit nvm I found it higher up, and yes superfish uninstalling did work. It seems to be a program preinstalled on many Win 8.1 laptops, thanks for the help.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Seems to be a problem with Win 8.1 users. I tried the ctrl shift J thing and the error that showed up was:
"Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT"

Edit nvm I found it higher up, and yes superfish uninstalling did work. It seems to be a program preinstalled on many Win 8.1 laptops, thanks for the help.
That error is from Adblock for those looking in the future. The other error about cache miss is also of no concern.

I'd appreciate any help I could get from the PS team. :)

1. Windows 8
2. Chrome (latest)
3. Firefox, IE
4. As soon as I tried PS on my new laptop. It was fine on my old desktop, which was also Windows 8.
5. I can't even create one; my last one was Devil J but I forgot my password (if a mod could help me with this, that'd be great).
6. The tab that shows the lobbies is stuck on "Loading..." If I try creating a username, it simply resets so a username is never made.

Edit: I turned off Ad-Block and the problems persisted. :/
I also do not have SuperFish listed in my extensions, as stated in the posts above.
However, I do have:

sf_main.jsp?dlsource=hdrykzc:322 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'appendChild' of null

Last edited:
I'd appreciate any help I could get from the PS team. :)

1. Windows 8
2. Chrome (latest)
3. Firefox, IE
4. As soon as I tried PS on my new laptop. It was fine on my old desktop, which was also Windows 8.
5. I can't even create one; my last one was Devil J but I forgot my password (if a mod could help me with this, that'd be great).
6. The tab that shows the lobbies is stuck on "Loading..." If I try creating a username, it simply resets so a username is never made.

Edit: I turned off Ad-Block and the problems persisted. :/
I also do not have SuperFish listed in my extensions, as stated in the posts above.
However, I do have:

sf_main.jsp?dlsource=hdrykzc:322 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'appendChild' of null
Mine wasn't listed in any of my extensions either however I fixed mine
Go to your control panel
Where it lists all the names of the applications installed make it so they go in alphabetical order
My problem was that there was an application literally titled "Superfish" in my control panel and I didn't realize it
Check if you have that and if you do then uninstall it

Mine wasn't listed in any of my extensions either however I fixed mine
Go to your control panel
Where it lists all the names of the applications installed make it so they go in alphabetical order
My problem was that there was an application literally titled "Superfish" in my control panel and I didn't realize it
Check if you have that and if you do then uninstall it
Thank you! I simply missed it when I looked through my programs list.

1. Windows 7 (Starter)
  2. Chrome
  3. Yes, I have tried Firefox. The problem persists.
  4. Just yesterday, barely 24 hours.
  5. I go by a lot of alts but I've been using rvere as of late.
  6. I am unable to connect to PokeCommunity's server. I apologize if this may seem rude as to ask on how to solve a problem regarding another server, especially since I visit PokeCommunity more often Smogon (but I do lurk).

This is the image I took to show the problem: http://i.imgur.com/zbcRAZ9.jpg
If the image won't load, basically the problem is the loading stops at Loading Client.... and I can't access the server lobby or anything. Also, I can't close the Latest News column too.

Main server seems to load smoothly but idk about this one. Please help if possible, and again, I'm sorry if this may be offensive to Smogon users. I do however battle frequently on the main ladder and throw in a few comments from time to time.

1. Operating system-OS X 10.7
  2. Web Browser-Safari
  3. Other Browsers? Haven't tried
  4. When did this problem start? about 1 month ago
  5. PS username- SyrilHarmonia
  6. Problem-I'm able to find games, fine, but when I do, it shows the animation of their pokemon coming out, then "freezes". I have to keep pressing skip turn because it won't show the animations otherwise. During battles whenever someone mega evolves, it also "freezes" to the point where I have to type something in the chat to make the skip turn options appear below the battle screen, because they disappear for some reason. And rarely, the battle screen freezes and I have to forfeit the battle.
I've tried logging out and back in, didn't work. I have no idea what to do. Its just an inconvenience, not a huge problem, just a real pain when I have to explain to people why i'm typing random letters, and the fact i have to keep pressing the skip button

I don't know if other people already reported this, anyway:

1- OS: Win7
2- Web Browser: Chrome (Latest Version)
3- Other Browsers: Firefox
4- This started to happen about 1 hour ago
5- PS Username: XIfrid
6- I can log in and chat just fine, but when I press the "Look for battle" button (regardless of what type of format is chosen) the following message appears:
This server's request IP 198.27.75.54 is not a registered server.
Up until yesterday PS worked smoothly without a single issue and the only thing that changed between then and now is that I turned off my PC last night (my modem kept running tho, so it didn't changed my IP address and the one shown in the error message is not my IP address)

I don't know if other people already reported this, anyway:

1- OS: Win7
2- Web Browser: Chrome (Latest Version)
3- Other Browsers: Firefox
4- This started to happen about 1 hour ago
5- PS Username: XIfrid
6- I can log in and chat just fine, but when I press the "Look for battle" button (regardless of what type of format is chosen) the following message appears:
This server's request IP 198.27.75.54 is not a registered server.
Up until yesterday PS worked smoothly without a single issue and the only thing that changed between then and now is that I turned off my PC last night (my modem kept running tho, so it didn't changed my IP address and the one shown in the error message is not my IP address)
it's a server bug, wait until it's fixed, you can challenge people for now

1. Windows 8.1
  2. Chrome
  3. No, I only every use chrome
  4. Today/a while ago
  5. lyre fyre
  6. Appeared today: error message "This server's request IP 198.27.75.54 is not a registered server.
    Also, I am disconnected (but able to reconnected) sometimes like 2 or 3 times a battle. This has been happening for a about a month or more.

1. Windows 7
  2. Chrome
  3. Firefox, same issue
  4. Just ran into it about an hour ago
  5. KristophV
  6. Cannot connect to many/most unofficial servers. The error message is just "Couldn't connect to server!" The official server is fine, and a couple random ones are fine (such as 'the battle tower'), but can't log into my own server (which is called 'violet version'), Pandora, Frost, to name a few that I've tried. I asked someone to confirm whether they're having the same problem; they also could not connect to my server, but could connect to others that I can't.

win xp
Chrome
just now, was on it earlier
Delirio
Cant connect to Server both links, it was just working., Restarted computer,browser still nothing HELP please

1. mac
2. safari
3. no
4. like 5/10 minutes ago
5. Yellow Skarmory
6. i got dc'd, and now whenever i try to get back on it just loads. idk if server's down, but pokemon online works perfectly fine. Link says it's up
EDIT: nvm, internet was down, but for some reason pokemon online was working

Last edited:
1. Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro x64
2. Web Browser: Google Chrome 39 32-bit
3. Have you tried other browsers? Firefox 34 and IE11, same results
4. When did this problem start? Today, as I created this post
5, Your PS username: Deutriex
6. Problem: When I try to connect to Pokémon Showdown, the system says there is an user with this name. When I try to enter my password. It says Wrong Password, no matter if I check uppercase/lowercase, special symbols, etc. Last successful log in with this name was in December 2013 / Early 2014. Have battled around 100 times.

Using a new name is not a proper solution because a new blank rank will be created.

1. Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro x64
2. Web Browser: Google Chrome 39 32-bit
3. Have you tried other browsers? Firefox 34 and IE11, same results
4. When did this problem start? Today, as I created this post
5, Your PS username: Deutriex
6. Problem: When I try to connect to Pokémon Showdown, the system says there is an user with this name. When I try to enter my password. It says Wrong Password, no matter if I check uppercase/lowercase, special symbols, etc. Last successful log in with this name was in December 2013 / Early 2014. Have battled around 100 times.

Using a new name is not a proper solution because a new blank rank will be created.
well, it looks like that's your only option, also ladder ranks got reset

1. Windows
  2. Chrome
  3. Tried Internet Explorer, didn't work.
  4. When I got the computer
  5. Byronthewellwell
  6. When I go onto PS! the select chat room thingo will say loading... and keep doing that, and I won't be able to find a battle because I can't log in, the web adress is a bit funny, I type in http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/, but it changes to http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/?_ga=1.169858468.44122981.1419461566 automatically, this didn't happen on my old PC but now that i have my new one it happens every time.
P.S.
Merry Christmas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)