Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
What is your opinion on this set

I Eat Ur Ates (Weavile) (M) @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- King's Shield
- Meteor Mash

honestly, i think it's a good ate counter against Diancie-Mega and Rayquaza-Mega and will do some bit to Black Kyurem

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
What is your opinion on this set

I Eat Ur Ates (Weavile) (M) @ Never-Melt Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- King's Shield
- Meteor Mash

honestly, i think it's a good ate counter against Diancie-Mega and Rayquaza-Mega and will do some bit to Black Kyurem
It's not a counter, as it cannot switch in against any of those. In my honest opinion, Refrigerate Mega-Mewtwo-X is better for dealing with Ray-M, and other -ates in general.

Honestly, you're much better off using a real counter, such as Fur Coat Chansey. Using a fast- -ate just to outpace an opposer is generally not desirable, as the loss in power is negligible, not to mention almost all of them are not even able to check them reliably.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Honestly, you're much better off using a real counter, such as Fur Coat Chansey. Using a fast- -ate just to outpace an opposer is generally not desirable, as the loss in power is negligible, not to mention almost all of them are not even able to check them reliably.
It's not a counter, as it cannot switch in against any of those. In my honest opinion, Refrigerate Mega-Mewtwo-X is better for dealing with Ray-M, and other -ates in general.
>.>

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Specs spout tinted lens palkia is just awesome atm. Everybody is runnong soundproof special walls and this thing just rips apart so many teams.

Delta Stream Zapdos looks interesting on paper, but is kind of meh in practice. Maybe I'm not running a bulky enough spread for it to take advantage of the ability (252 HP currently as opposed to 252 Def + Sp. D)
In general, adding HP is the more effective way to add mixed bulk. The exceptions are:
  • If you run out of EVs in HP
  • If Def < HP and Def < SpD then add EVs to Def
  • If SpD < HP and SpD < Def then add EVs to SpD
  • If Def + SpD < HP then add EVs to both
Examples:
  • Zapdos has 321 HP, 206 Def and 216 SpD with 31 IVs. Adding up to 40 EVs to Def will make increase his physical bulk most effectively, but then start adding EVs to HP as that will increase his mixed bulk most effectively. If you still want to spend EVs, add another 108 to Def and SpD.
  • Wailmer has 401 HP, 106 Def and 106 SpD with 31 IVs. Don't bother adding EVs to HP, instead adding them to Def and SpD will increase his mixed bulk most effectively.
  • Makuhita has 285 HP, 96 Def and 96 SpD with 31 IVs. Adding up to 184 EVs to Def and SpD will increase his mixed bulk most effectively, but if you want to bulk him up further then add 68 EVs to HP and increase the Def and SpD EVs to 220.

I was in a good mood today so i decided to try a lot of random stuff on the ladder and one pokemon has been really fun to use and since I don't know if anybody did this before, I'll share it with you all.
Warning, I wrote "bop" a lot of times.

AGARGARAGON MEGA (Aggron-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Recov... Milk Drink
- Rototiller

The point of this set is pretty simple. you switch on a -ate user, take a hit, kill them, say something stoopid in the chat and that's about it.
The attack ev's are here to guarantee an ohko on diancie with bullet punch and Refrigirate Espeed is here to destroy mega rayquaza. KyuB is rarely seen nowadays and doesn't often go mixed so you can usualy take him down with multyple bullet punches.
Rototiller can be replaced with any moves you want. I prefer defog on this spot. But with the attack evs uturn is a valid option too. Meteor mash if you want to deal with KyuB as meteor mash + bullet punch will usualy deal with him. Or some other stuff idk.
I use safety goggles because spore is just an annoyance. But some lefties or something else would be quite good. A rocky helmet would help you kill KyuB too.

Good thing about this set is that when you switch on a boomburst, you'll usualy take about 55-65% so your opponant is going to think "look at this fool sending a steel type thinking he can wall my bae megaRay (that rhymes)" and try to hit you with another boomburst. But NOPE you Espeed his face and crush his hopes and dreams. Then comes the part when you write something in the chat like "git gud" or the common "bop".
If you're kind of an asshole you can even act like the opponant is going to bop you by saying something like "OMG, that did so much..." that will encourage your opponant to carry on boombursting. You can then proceed to mock him.

172 Atk Mega Aggron Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 244-292 (100.8 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
172 Atk Refrigerate Mega Aggron Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 452-536 (128.4 - 152.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
172 Atk Mega Aggron Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 296-350 (65.1 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Haven't had this for long so I only have a few replays but it was overall really fun to use.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-190687402 Here's an example on fooling your opponant into thinking he can 2hko you and boping him (ladder is 1500-ish so not bad)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-190682350 Here's an example on something stoopid to say in the chat, Maggron also get 2 kills in this replay wich is satisfying.
There's also another variant of this set if you want to deal with kyuB and some other stuff like giratina better.

DO I LOOK LIKE A BITCH ? (Aggron-Mega) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Milk Drink
- Return

Basicly the same as before, exept you bop more. But this one requires stealth rock to be on the field wich is why I prefer the other one.
252+ Atk Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Aggron Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 316-374 (80.8 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Aggron Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 316-374 (90 - 106.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Mega Aggron Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Diancie: 280-336 (115.7 - 138.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Pixie Plate Pixilate Mega Aggron Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 256-302 (50.7 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now of course if you want you can run refrigirate on this one. You will not be able to kill KyuB but you will ohko MegaRayquaza and you still get the clean 2hko on giratina. Haven't really tried that out so I don't have any replays to share. But it sounded good in my head.
A request I would like to make is, if anybody tries one of thoses set with success, could you send me the replays pls I would appreciate that. I would appreciate it even more if you say bop at every Maggron kill (I usually forget to do that). Thank you.

Last edited:

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Why are you even running Oblivion Wing and Toxic. Plus, Block isn't that good of a move either with all of the parting shot running around, and is also outclassed by Spider Web. If you want Entrainment Normalize Mengar, run a more support-ish set (like Baton Pass + Entrainment to force some switches and take advantage of them), and not something that's designed to trap and kill. Heck, if you want to run Normalize Mengar in general, a Skill Swap set is just better due to its actual offensive presence, imo.
I'm using block so they are stuck with no attacks (besides thousand arrows)
The entrainment is so I can continue using the normalize thingie...

Pikachuun

I'm using block so they are stuck with no attacks (besides thousand arrows)
The entrainment is so I can continue using the normalize thingie...
As I said earlier, Spider Web basically outclasses Block, as it does the same thing with more PP. I'm quite aware what Entrainment does, and I'm saying that it's just outclassed with the set you're running, once again, because a lot of things can easily switch out of it with Baton Pass or Parting Shot. I'm not even getting into the flaws with Entrainment Normalize M-gar being walled by every Ghost in existence.

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Oh, thank you but I'm keeping entrainment
As I said earlier, Spider Web basically outclasses Block, as it does the same thing with more PP. I'm quite aware what Entrainment does, and I'm saying that it's just outclassed with the set you're running, once again, because a lot of things can easily switch out of it with Baton Pass or Parting Shot. I'm not even getting into the flaws with Entrainment Normalize M-gar being walled by every Ghost in existence.

Pikachuun

Nah it ignores immunity. It's not a bug it's a feature of the attack.
Nah it only ignores ground immunity. It is a bug not a feature of the attack. Said bug has actually been fixed now (I think), so rip T-Arrows hitting through Normalize.

Pikachuun

At the current moment I'm coding it with the name "Very Creative Clause Name." Would this work?

Either that or Sketchmons Clause or another idea I've been working on

Limitate Clause

get it because it's a limitation that limits -ates hahaha I'm so funny

Pikachuun

EDIT: I'll do the coding for the clause too
rulesets.js
Code:
    limitateclause: {
        effectType: 'Rule',
        onStart: function () {
            this.add('rule', 'Limitate Clause: Limit one of any -ate ability');
        },
        validateTeam: function (team, format) {
            var ateAbility = false;
            for (var i = 0; i < team.length; i++) {
                var ability = toId(team[i].ability);
                if (ability === 'refrigerate' || ability === 'pixilate' || ability === 'aerilate') {
                    if (ateAbility) return ["You are limited to one of any -ate ability by the Limitate Clause.", "(You have more than one of the following: Aerilate, Refrigerate, Pixilate)"];
                    else ateAbility = true;
                }
            }
        }
    },
Balanced Hackmons' formats.js entry is the same except with this clause added.
I'll also make the pull request as well if this name gets picked, I've tested and confirmed it to work perfectly fine (2 different -ates, 2 of the same -ate, message displaying in battle, etc.).

Last edited:

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Pikachuun I'll check with staff, if they're okay with the style of your code I'm fine with limitate (iirc someone in staff had a different way they would have implemented it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)