SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

4. Don't take the anime as canon, they make shit up all the time. The corpses were probably still there since they were (somehow) used to power the weapon.
Didn't say I did. But that was the only demonstration of Yvetal's power outside the games that I know (where it's isn't as lethal as the lore make sit out to be) and I think I read somewhere that the rocks there were the pokemon. Though I think I could have misread the text.

Anyway I'm a little bit more interested in the urban legend angle. now Would it be alright if I ask some questions about certain glitches?

If you decide against the glitch thing> I want to know what project AZOTH is?

MOD EDIT: No double posting, please!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So basically Mauville is the stereotypical evil mega corp huh?

I have a couple questions:

1. What were the Teammates doing having sex in Sea Mauville?
  2. What connection does AZ have with the Draconids beyond seeing mega-Raquayza in Hoenn?
  3. What was with the Sunlight at night thing in Omega Ruby? Did Groudon tidally lock the planet?
  4. The graveyard near Geosenge; ate the grave markers just that? or are they the sacrificed pokemon? petrified as a result of powering the Ultimate Weapon and somehow amassing stone over the millennium?
1. From what it sounded like they were probably trying to find the primal energy that Kyogre and Groudon use to Primal Reversal.

2. Hmm, I don't know since I'm confused on the timeline. It could be possible that AZ knew about Mega Evolution back then and told the Draconids a way to Mega Evolve Rayquaza to deal with Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. That or maybe AZ witnessing Rayquaza Mega Evolve reminded him of the Ultimate Weapon and he probably realized the weapon has more expanding and lasting effect.
Overall, while I kind of like the idea of AZ being in Hoenn, I do feel they kind of forced involvement by him. I'm playing ORAS because I want to play a Hoenn game, if I wanted to deal with things from Kalos I'd play XY.

3. Well the moon is only visible because it's reflecting light from the sun, so maybe Groudon has increased the sun's intensity so much that even the reflected light from the moon is causing a drought (and its so bright its making the moon always full).

4. I can think of two possible answers:
A. As the Pokemon were drained of their life energy they turned to stone. It seems like a common theme (especially in mythology) that things drained of life turn to stone. And over time the stone eroded down to what we see in XY.
B. The Pokemon didn't petrify and their bodies were either removed or decomposed. If that's what happened I'd say they were removed otherwise Pokemon bones would be there though there's no evidence of that as far as we know.

Well I don't know about the name, though I'm guessing it was originally a plan to make an artificial Red/Blue Orb. However as soon as they discovered where the real Orbs were they abandoned it.

Dear people new to this thread, the following is why you should not consider the anime cannon...even in its own universe. Or remotely relevant to the games which have a consistant plot line.

1. In one episode where team rocket had stolen pikachu and were in their giant hot air balloon Ash jumped into said hot air balloon...from 40 feet below it on the ground. Because the writers clearly ran out of shits to give that day.

2. Every move combination ever in contests creates a sparkling particle effect because reasons.

3. Every time Ash gets electrocuted by pikachu he should A start having muscle spasms, or B, nasty brain damage.

4. Every time team rocket's balloon explodes with them in it it should A kill them/leave them in the hospital for years with 4th degree burns, B have the floor beneath them cave out in said hot air balloon and have them crashing 40+ feet to the ground which should result in about 264 broken bones/paralysis/death.

5. Every time Ash enters a new region his pikachu resets to lvl 5, note this when he failed to beat a snivy in the first episode of B&W.

And the above is why you should never the anime cannon...ever.

Last edited:
Just a reminder that it is okay to craft fan theories out of multiple media, as long as the two don't explicitly contradict each other or go against established canon. So if somebody wants to use something they saw in the anime to explain a plot hole in a game, then they are free to do so.

But remember that all fiction is equal in reality (in that they are all not real) so your theory is no better than anybody else's.

And all media is bound to have contradictions somewhere, it is inevitable on anything with continuity. Most stem from differences between "what makes a good show/game/puzzle/fight/etc and what makes a good story." But if we just discussed those we would never get anywhere ever. So consider this a friendly reminder that they aren't off the table but remember the MST3K mantra.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Dear people new to this thread, the following is why you should not consider the anime cannon...even in its own universe. Or remotely relevant to the games which have a consistant plot line.

1. In one episode where team rocket had stolen pikachu and where in their giant hot air balloon Ash jumped into said hot air balloon...from 40 feet below it on the ground. Because the writers clearly ran out of shits to give that day.

2. Every move combination ever in contests creates a sparkling particle effect because reasons.

3. Every time Ash gets electrocuted by pikachu he should A start having muscle spasms, or B, nasty brain damage.

4. Every time team rocket's balloon explodes with them in it it should A kill them/leave them in the hospital for years with 4th degree burns, B have the floor beneath them cave out in said hot air balloon and have them crashing 40+ feet to the ground which should result in about 264 broken bones/paralysis/death.

5. Every time Ash enters a new region his pikachu resets to lvl 5, note this when he failed to beat a snivy in the first episode of B&W.

1. Let's also not forget the anime tends to forget about a Pokemon's height (example, they make Charizard's huge even though they're actually adult human size), weight (example, characters are often carrying Pokemon which are several pounds heavy, such as Pikachu on Ash's shoulder), and recently don't even bother checking its stats before stating something about it (example, for some reason the anime likes to say the faster the Pokemon the more powerful it is, so in one BW episode featuring an Escavalier to show it was powerful they made it not only did they show it strong enough to shatter a boulder (which is alright) but they also showed it was fast. For those who don't remember, Escavalier it tied with being one of the slowest Pokemon with a base Speed of 20 (the other being Ferrothorn)).

2. That's not really a problem, the Pokemon just learned how to dispel its move in a way that leaves a sparkle effect. If you're going to complain about that you should also complain about how every move collision causes a mini-explosion even though there's no reason it should (other than its the energy within the attack that's exploding upon collision).

3. And every time a Fire-type lights someone on fire they wouldn't just be covered in soot, they should be badly burned. When an Ice-type freezes someone they won't be just cold, they should have serious frostbite. And do I even need to mention why getting poisoned by a Poison-type is bad? Actually any type has a number of ways of messing with a human that is just glossed over.

4. Also they do need to land after being launched into the air and being they'll be coming down from a much higher height at a greater velocity... yeah they're dead. Remember, it's not the fall that kills you (though the force of the launch could knock you unconscious), it's the landing.

5. And the funny thing about that is it didn't need to be a plot hole. At the start of BW, Pikachu got its electrical powers taken away from Zekrom and they could have used that to explain Pikachu having been reset and it too has to relearn all its moves. Of course that point becomes moot when Zekrom gives back its electrical power... yet still it loses to a Panpour in the next Gym.

However, as stage7_4 said, though they are two different medians that doesn't mean there aren't some overlap. The game even outright references the anime.

NEW MYSTERY... sorta. Actually more like a probably coincidental thing I noticed. Does Zinnia's Theme sound like it has notes taken Search For The Girl?

1. In one episode where team rocket had stolen pikachu and where in their giant hot air balloon Ash jumped into said hot air balloon...from 40 feet below it on the ground. Because the writers clearly ran out of shits to give that day.

Realism (the things you described) and canon (established series of events) are two separate things. Also, I don't hear people complain when Tom and Jerry mutilate each other only for them to be okay. Plus, we are talking about a franchise where we can go right up to the creator of the universe, catch it in a small ball, then have it fight for us. I can accept the invincibility of Ash and Team Rocket.
Like stage7_4 said, the MST3K Mantra.

Also, it's "canon", not "cannon". Sorry, but it's a personal pet peeve of mine.

Escavalier to show it was powerful they made it not only did they show it strong enough to shatter a boulder (which is alright) but they also showed it was fast. For those who don't remember, Escavalier it tied with being one of the slowest Pokemon with a base Speed of 20 (the other being Ferrothorn)).
^ This. This right here is blatantly wrong. It has been agreed upon by many in the past (maybe not in THIS thread, but still) that the SPEED stat only ranks how quickly a Pokemon can react, NOT how fast it can travel. In fact, the Black version Pokedex entry concurs with the anime depiction of Escavalier's speed:
Pokemon Black Pokedex said:
They fly around at high speed, striking with their pointed spears. Even when in trouble, they face opponents bravely.
If the speed stat decided how fast a Pokemon moved, then a Pokemon such as Munchlax would never have a chance to move/fight/flee/etc against anything not named Munchlax or Shuckle (both are tied in having the lowest speed stat, coming in at a measly 5). Just wanted to point this out.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
^ This. This right here is blatantly wrong. It has been agreed upon by many in the past (maybe not in THIS thread, but still) that the SPEED stat only ranks how quickly a Pokemon can react, NOT how fast it can travel. In fact, the Black version Pokedex entry concurs with the anime depiction of Escavalier's speed:

If the speed stat decided how fast a Pokemon moved, then a Pokemon such as Munchlax would never have a chance to move/fight/flee/etc against anything not named Munchlax or Shuckle (both are tied in having the lowest speed stat, coming in at a measly 5). Just wanted to point this out.
Hmm, makes sense. But if it's so speedy why does it have a bad reaction time?

Hmm, makes sense. But if it's so speedy why does it have a bad reaction time?
Hm. You could think of it like a car (or something similar) and acceleration+handling. It's hard for Escavalier to get going and has a tough time for it to turn in mid-flight {Speed stat/Reaction speed}, but its top speed is enough for it to take flight (rocket thrusters, maybe?) and is... aerodynamic (I don't know, it's wearing a suit of armor and can fly around poking you with its two lances - sounds pretty terrifying if you ask me; what do you want from me, it's PokeLogic...) {Speedy speed}.

Edit:
Ninja'd by a fish...

Last edited:
Back to a debate about our favorite satan pokemon, Hoopa. Asides from the obvious thing of how if you turn the letters in its name into numbers then muliply them by 26 subtract them until you get 665 then add one it prooves hoopa is The Beast facts what are your theories for this quite literal hellion.

There's another idea I thought of relating to the fact that hoopa could unleash every single legendary pokemon upon a single town/city/area and quite literaly unleash hell upon said area. And think about it if it could unleash legendary pokemon upon an area it could also unleash every single gyrados with in a 100 mile radius into DRY LAND.

Anyway, I think that the evil organization that tried to controll hoopa could have had a plan to use it to use its power to controll and contain every legendary pokemon ever and........wait for it, remember this is the pokemon movies......power a giant ice cream machine to make all the ice cream they want FOREVER, muwahahahahahahahaha.

I still like my Bunny Foo Foo take on him. Or Loki/Discord/Djinn/Sun Wukong/other trickster gods if you want to keep his dignity.

Little Hoopa foo foo skipping through the islands
scooping up the legendaries and plopping them in Hoenn
But down came Diancie and she said
"Little Hoopa foo foo I don't want to see you
scooping up the legendaries and plopping them in Hoenn
I'll give you three chances and if you don't behave I'll turn you into a goon."

Hoopa-Unbound: Lady you may have a mega evolution now but what makes you think you're the boss of me?

-one moonblast later-

Hoopa-bound (goon): Oh Arceus darn it.
(somebody make a comic of this, PLEASE).

Back to a debate about our favorite satan pokemon, Hoopa. Asides from the obvious thing of how if you turn the letters in its name into numbers then muliply them by 26 subtract them until you get 665 then add one it prooves hoopa is The Beast facts what are your theories for this quite literal hellion.
This was my first thought when I read that.
There's another idea I thought of relating to the fact that hoopa could unleash every single legendary pokemon upon a single town/city/area and quite literaly unleash hell upon said area. And think about it if it could unleash legendary pokemon upon an area it could also unleash every single gyrados with in a 100 mile radius into DRY LAND.
I think this makes an arguement against Hoopa being the Devil. Like you said, if it could summon so many different legendary Pokémon to one region, it could easily just summon a large number of Gyarados or other destructive Pokémon (like Tyranitar) on the Hoenn mainland and just wreck havoc. Or worse, open up portals to nightmare dimensions (I mean, we actually have one in the form of the Distortion World) or even Hell itself (a la the Doom games or the film Event Horizon) and send the entirety of Hoenn into said nightmare dimensions/Hell. But it doesn't. Of course, it might not be able to do the more terrifying one thanks to the Prison Bottle, but I don't see why it wouldn't do the Gyarados rampage one if it can summon the legends. Maybe Hoopa is just a prankster (without +1 priority to status moves). And maybe it doesn't care about humans and is just messing with other legendary Pokémon.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hmm, you know, Hoopa sort of like its based on something from Hinduism or Buddhism. Is anyone familiar enough with their mythology to maybe have an idea if Hoopa could be based something from there?

While I know I already commented on this, I just made a new discovery. Now tell me, when you don't know something what should be the first thing you should do? Look it up!

Azoth has a Wikipedia page.

Last edited:
Hmm, you know, Hoopa sort of like its based on something from Hinduism or Buddhism. Is anyone familiar enough with their mythology to maybe have an idea if Hoopa could be based something from there?
The trickster gods and deities that immediately come to mind are Sun Wukong (the monkey king imprisoned under a mountain by the Buddha for being rebellious) and some avatars of Vishnu (Hanuman, also a monkey, and Krishna).

But the design to me seems more arabic mythos: Djinn, Ifrits, and Marids. Especially how he was sealed by a bottle and hid treasure in a desert.

Another inspiration could be Anansi the spider too. And it's not Gamefreak has to be inspired by just one source.

Hoopa is now confirmed to hate the universe/legendary pokemon being happy/holyshithejustsuckedupmegarayquazawithoneholeItoldyouhewassatan!
]

Here's a mystery: why do Wallace and Steven suddenly suffer from short term memory loss? At the end of the Delta Episode, Steven mentions to Wallace that he would like to travel the world, but that he'll still fulfill his duties to the Pokemon League. He also asks Wallace to take his place. His place at what? He lost to the hero, spent half the Delta Episode watching the hero be called "the new champion," and yet he seems to think he's still champion, and what's more, can just offer the job to whomever he pleases. Game Freak should just call them the Elite Five and get it over with.

Here's a mystery: why do Wallace and Steven suddenly suffer from short term memory loss? At the end of the Delta Episode, Steven mentions to Wallace that he would like to travel the world, but that he'll still fulfill his duties to the Pokemon League. He also asks Wallace to take his place. His place at what? He lost to the hero, spent half the Delta Episode watching the hero be called "the new champion," and yet he seems to think he's still champion, and what's more, can just offer the job to whomever he pleases. Game Freak should just call them the Elite Five and get it over with.
I doubt that Brendon/May were going to be in the League anyway except for practice.

Also you seem to forget that Red was holed up in Mt. Silver despite him beating the league in canon (at least until Gen III introduced leaf). Between that and the fact that the resident champs are busy with the local mafia/yakuza/terrorist organization (and possibly an acting career in Diantha's case) I think it is clear that the league has substitute champs for that, Otherwise Emerald would had have the opposite player character or Wally pull a Blue (appropriate given the Gen I games were remade there) and Red would be the midgame boss of Gen II (as opposed to Lance)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I always thought that there were two types of Champion: the League Champion and a Titled Champion. The League Champion is a Champion who works for the Pokemon League and in charge of challenging challengers who seek a Champion title. A Titled Champion is just a trainer who has defeated a League Champion and now holds the title Champion, however they have no responsibility to the Pokemon League. So it's possible to have multiple Title Champions walking around, but there can only ever be one League Champion who is open to challenges. If a League Champion wants to quit their position then they can choose one of the Titled Champions as their successor. However being all Titled Champions have the right to claim succession, if there are multiple Titled Champions who want the title they'll need to battle against one another to see who's the strongest (though we don't know if this has ever happened).

Last edited:
New theory time! Is there a Pokémon version of feng shui? The vast majority of main entrances for buildings are on their south side. Even major landmarks such as statures face south (like the statue in Eterna City). There are very few exceptions, such as Castelia City and Lumoise City. This could indicate a philosophy or superstition about building orientation, like feng shui.

Yeah, I know it's an element for the ease of the player in a 2D/2.5D game like Pokémon, but I'm talking about in-universe.

I always thought that there were two types of Champion: the League Champion and a Titled Champion. The League Champion is a Champion who works for the Pokemon League and in charge of challenging challengers who seek a Champion title. A Titled Champion is just a trainer who has defeated a League Champion and now holds the title Champion, however they have no responsibility to the Pokemon League. So it's possible to have multiple Title Champions walking around, but there can only ever be one League Champion who is open to challenges. If a League Champion wants to quit their position then they can choose one of the Titled Champions as their successor. However being all Titled Champions have the right to claim succession, if there are multiple Titled Champions who want the title they'll need to battle against one another to see who's the strongest (though we don't know if this has ever happened).
I love this theory, but still makes you wonder about in Red, Blue, etc. with Blue.

I love this theory, but still makes you wonder about in Red, Blue, etc. with Blue.
I think Green/Blue would've wanted to be a League Champion. When Red beat Green/Blue, he became titled champion and left to train more. Green/Blue took over the Viridian Gym to train as well. You might find that Will (guessing him as he is the first you face in Gen 2), would've been a "back-up" member incase someone retired or got sick but was the first member when Lance was champion. Lance, champion, drops to 4th for Green/Blue and Red but since neither wanted to hold the position, he went back up to champion.

I guess when Green faced the E4 he would've faced:
- Will/Karen (probably Will)
- Lorelei
- Bruno
- Agatha
- Lance

I think Green/Blue would've wanted to be a League Champion. When Red beat Green/Blue, he became titled champion and left to train more. Green/Blue took over the Viridian Gym to train as well. You might find that Will (guessing him as he is the first you face in Gen 2), would've been a "back-up" member incase someone retired or got sick but was the first member when Lance was champion. Lance, champion, drops to 4th for Green/Blue and Red but since neither wanted to hold the position, he went back up to champion.

I guess when Green faced the E4 he would've faced:
- Will/Karen (probably Will)
- Lorelei
- Bruno
- Agatha
- Lance
Blue WAS League Champion. Even if we went with the "Acting Champion, Title Champion" theory, it would state that Blue was the active League Champion as we can rematch him at any time, just like Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Iris, and Diantha. So where did the previous League Champion of the Indigo League disappear to? Was there ever one to begin with? Why do I say this? Look at what Lance says after you beat him in RBY:
"I still can’t believe my dragons lost to you, Red! You’re now the Pokémon League champion! …Or, you would have been, but you have one more challenge ahead. You have to face another trainer! His name is… Douche Blue! He beat the Elite Four before you. He is the real Pokémon League champion!"
"Or you would have been" suggests that before Blue's victory, the person you had to beat to become Pokémon League champion was Lance. If not, why would Lance say this?

Blue WAS League Champion. Even if we went with the "Acting Champion, Title Champion" theory, it would state that Blue was the active League Champion as we can rematch him at any time, just like Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Iris, and Diantha. So where did the previous League Champion of the Indigo League disappear to? Was there ever one to begin with? Why do I say this? Look at what Lance says after you beat him in RBY:

"Or you would have been" suggests that before Blue's victory, the person you had to beat to become Pokémon League champion was Lance. If not, why would Lance say this?
I'd like to think when you become "titled champion" you get offered the role of League Champion. Green probably accepted, therefore knocking everyone down a level meaning whoever was the opening Elite 4 member (my guess of Will) became a back-up. When Red defeats Green, he declines to be League Champion.

Sometime over the next 3 years, Green leaves to be a gym leader (weird decision. Why give up role as Elite 4/Champion for a gym role?), Lance goes back to Champion.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
New theory time! Is there a Pokémon version of feng shui? The vast majority of main entrances for buildings are on their south side. Even major landmarks such as statures face south (like the statue in Eterna City). There are very few exceptions, such as Castelia City and Lumoise City. This could indicate a philosophy or superstition about building orientation, like feng shui.

Yeah, I know it's an element for the ease of the player in a 2D/2.5D game like Pokémon, but I'm talking about in-universe.

In-universe I actually think the doors would be facing different directions. Actually in-universe I think there would be many more buildings and possibly even multiple districts. Sadly I am going to use the "it's a game" excuse here since really that's the most logical answer to me. Why do majority of the doors face south? So that the player knows they can enter them. Why are there not so many houses and buildings in these towns/cities? Because for the players convenience and experience they included the most notable ones plus a few extra for them to do whatever they want with (add an extra feature/mechanic, build on the game's lore, provide a place for the player to battle/get a certain item, etc.). In-universe the characters don't always see what the player sees. During battles they don't see an HP bar nor do they wait around for the player to make their move, to the characters in the game they probably have other clues about a Pokemon's HP (like how much scratches are on their body, if they're breathing hard, how are they standing, etc.) while each trainer probably give out attack orders in rapid succession. Sure they sometimes do poke at the fourth wall like when a character tells you to hold down the B button to run, but that's just the writers having some fun as well as giving you tutorial information.

As for Blue being Champion in Gen I, maybe Kanto didn't have a Champion until then? The Indigo League Elite Four was just too strong and the League didn't want to just hire another powerful trainer like the Unova League did, they wanted an actual Champion. So here comes Blue and he defeats the Elite Four and so he's offered the League Champion position. Being the egotist that he is, Blue gladly accepts and reigns as League Champion for I would think maybe about a year. He wins some battles, loses some battles, but after a while he gets bored and wants to start traveling again and not be bogged down by the League. At that time either Lance had defeated him once or Lance decides to challenge the Indigo League for the position since the other Title Champions don't want to (or in Red's case probably couldn't find him) so he becomes League Champion leaving Blue free to do what he wants to do (until another year later when he's asked to temporarily run the Viridian Gym which he agrees to, maybe because he's once again bored and wants to take a break from traveling to distant regions).

Also, I guess the Ghost Girl in Lumiose counts a lot, but I expect her story to be told via the inevitable Hoopa event, or at least in "Z/X2Y2". Same would go for Couriway Rail Station (why?), the hidden message in Lumiose Rail Station (what?), the inacessible power plants (they even had doors, for frig's sake!) and the inexplicable mention of a Lava Dome Pokémon in Jaune Plaza. Loads of unanswered questions, but we're pretty much guaranteed to get another game to answer them.
Jubda late quote, and might be mentioned earlier, but the same girl is actually in ORAS, stating that "youre not the one" on the bottom of mt pyre, kinda interesting imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)