Balanced Hackmons CCAT (Playtesting)

I know I've already posted a set (Although everyone seems to be going for the M-Aggron one) I'd like to recommend an interesting set that I have used to great purpose on the ladder: A Mixed Defenses prankster fire type (P-Groudon/Heatran) with Flame Orb + Trick. It shuts set up physical sweepers before they even start, cripples them for later game and you can even take back the Flame Orb to give to someone else further on in the match. The other 3 moves can be supporting or cleric-like. I might post a set in the next slate if my Registeel doesn't win.

Groudon-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Nuzzle
- Knock Off
- Spiky Shield
- Sacred Fire / Flare Blitz

This pokemon easily counters imposters. It also does well against set up sweepers that think they can switch in. Spiky Shield helps scout out moves and checks Shedinja. Sacred fire is a powerful stab move that has a high chance to burn things, while flare blitz has more pp and gets recoil healed by poison heal. Knock off helps this even more against imposter, removing chansey's eviolite.
I use this with a poison heal primal kyogre (not the same set but it works) and I've found that they form a somewhat good core as long as there is an -ate counter involved. But especially with the -ate clause, the counter won't matter as much.

Last edited:
I'd like to nominate a very different set:

Metagross-Mega @ Earth Plate
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Judgment
- King's Shield
- Psystrike

Okay, What. The. Actual. Hell. Before you bash me for being a noob or do something of the sort, I'd like to explain why I nominated this very odd set.
Well, once we set up with PH Ogre, what do you think will come in? The topsy-turvier, of course. Considering the fact that every single topsy-turvy pokemon in existance uses parting shot as well, you can just switch this in and put on the pressure (assuming they have no mega gengar or something). The things that separate Mega Metagross as a competitive user from other users is that it:
a) beats -ates, and
b) beats imposter, since those are the two things that will likely switch in on most competitive pokemon.
c) Can outspeed diancie and Megaray (although this might be a speed tie)
d) Is the strongest pokemon that can do all 3 of these tasks.

And the great thing about mega metagross is that its base 105 special attack gives it *just* enough power to beat out several pokemon:
+3 252 SpA Metagross Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza: 442-522 (106.7 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Earth Plate Metagross Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 396-466 (130.2 - 153.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Metagross Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 384-453 (95 - 112.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Earth Plate Metagross Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Regirock: 272-320 (74.7 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252 SpA Earth Plate Metagross Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 304-358 (83.5 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252 SpA Earth Plate Metagross Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 304-358 (93.8 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Earth Plate Metagross Judgment vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 337-397 (85.5 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Also, +3 252 SpA Metagross Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 378-446 (75.1 - 88.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Factoring in rocks, almost all of these are OHKOs.

Of course, it can't deal with shed, but shed isn't too hard to deal with in my experience. Oh, and the presence of this mon alone deters things from clicking parting shot, which can be very beneficial towards you. It's still a gimmick, and has its fair share of weaknesses, but it's definitely something worth considering.

EDIT: added in motherlove's calcs

Last edited:
And the great thing about mega metagross is that its base 105 special attack gives it *just* enough power to beat out several pokemon:
+3 252 SpA Mega Metagross Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Rayquaza: 351-414 (100 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Mega Metagross Psystrike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 324-382 (134.4 - 158.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Metagross Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 190-225 (52.1 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+3 252 SpA Earth Plate Metagross Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 304-358 (83.5 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I don't get your calc, you run moonblast and judgment and do all the calcs on psystrike
+3 252 SpA Metagross Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza: 442-522 (106.7 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Earth Plate Metagross Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 396-466 (130.2 - 153.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Earth Plate Metagross Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Regirock: 272-320 (74.7 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Also, +3 252 SpA Metagross Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 378-446 (75.1 - 88.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Also, I'd like to propose a set I've tested before that has done his fair bit of work as an -ate counter.

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Milk Drink
- Idk, something. Infestation / volt switch / magma storm / defog / fling (strategy bruh) / quiver dance ?

What do you mean that's not a BH set... Can't you see the milk drink instead of recover ? There, see ?
Now you can twitch the evs a bit if you want. But the main point of this is that it outspeeds and ohkoe's all ate users after rocks. Also, it doesn't really give any fucks about imposter. And hits it for normal damage while imposter hits you with a weak normal judgment.
I know it's not the best of sets but it does its job pretty well. And it's original (for bh). I liked it, maybe we can give it a try :)

Whoops, forgot to vote last phase.

Anyway...

Zekrom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 132 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike / Fusion Bolt
- Crabhammer / Other coverage dependent on the team
- U-turn
- Nuzzle

When I saw Adrian post a PH Kyo-P set, I knew we'd be seeing that around just like his last PH Kyo popped up on a lot of teams. So, I immediately set out to make a counter set for it that could also be functional beyond just countering Kyo-P. This Zekrom set was born as a result.

I did have a much more complicated one that ensured a OHKO with Fusion Bolt 100% of the time on Adrian's EV spread (in case Bolt Strike's acc was undesirable) while being able to survive either Stealth Rock damage or one round of Leech Seed plus a +2 Ice Beam to deliver said OHKO. But then, I realized this set would probably prefer Adamant over Jolly, so I was able to just dump more EVs from Attack into SpD and still have slightly higher attack power and bulk. If we opt for Fusion Bolt for accuracy reasons, or for Careful instead of Adamant, some SpD should be shifted back into attack.

However, I'm nominating this set to deal with other Kyogres, since our own won't be too effective against them, especially if they're running coverage that can hit Water, such as Moonblast on Adrian's older PH Kyo or, as someone else suggested, Freeze-Dry. Hence, this set is designed to OHKO 252 HP/252 Def Kyo-P 100% of the time with Bolt Strike while being able to still take boosted attacks.

120+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre: 404-476 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Kyogre-P Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 132 SpD Assault Vest Zekrom: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Additionally, as someone said, Kyo isn't -ate immune. However, it takes Kyu-W's Boomburst very well, still resists Kyu-B's Fakespeed, and Diancie is weak to Waterspout, so is risky to use. Zekrom likes none of these three, but it can take on Mega-Ray since it is only weak to its occasional use of 1k Arrows/Precipice Blades. Worst case scenario, it takes a hit, Nuzzles it to cripple, and then switches to safety while healing.

252+ Atk Rayquaza-M Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zekrom: 262-310 (64.8 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Aerilate Rayquaza-M Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 132 SpD Assault Vest Zekrom: 123-144 (30.4 - 35.6%) -- 36.6% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Aerilate Rayquaza-M Explosion vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zekrom: 318-375 (78.7 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

120+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 261-307 (63 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Current coverage I've picked is for anti-Imposter. If an Imposter copies the set, it can't really hurt Zekrom and it cannot cripple it with Nuzzle. I also picked Crabhammer to try to catch predicted Groudon-P switch-ins, though this does not work against Desolate Lands variants. However, depending on team make-up, over coverage may be desirable, such as maybe Meteor Mash to try to catch Diancie-M on the switch. Nuzzle is finally there for crippling would be sweepers, especially since Clerics are kind of rare in the current meta. Protean Mewtwo-Y might be scary, but paralyze it and it quickly becomes a joke.

If we pick this set, we'll still need an answer to Desolate Lands Groudon-P, since neither Zekrom nor Kyo-P will want to take it on. Another check for Diancie-M might also be desirable. We may also want something that can eat physical attacks well, since Kyo-P's physical bulk into the best and this Zekrom, while bulky, is focused more on walling special hits.

Whoops, forgot to vote last phase.

Anyway...

Zekrom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 132 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike / Fusion Bolt
- Crabhammer / Other coverage dependent on the team
- U-turn
- Nuzzle

When I saw Adrian post a PH Kyo-P set, I knew we'd be seeing that around just like his last PH Kyo popped up on a lot of teams. So, I immediately set out to make a counter set for it that could also be functional beyond just countering Kyo-P. This Zekrom set was born as a result.

I did have a much more complicated one that ensured a OHKO with Fusion Bolt 100% of the time on Adrian's EV spread (in case Bolt Strike's acc was undesirable) while being able to survive either Stealth Rock damage or one round of Leech Seed plus a +2 Ice Beam to deliver said OHKO. But then, I realized this set would probably prefer Adamant over Jolly, so I was able to just dump more EVs from Attack into SpD and still have slightly higher attack power and bulk. If we opt for Fusion Bolt for accuracy reasons, or for Careful instead of Adamant, some SpD should be shifted back into attack.

However, I'm nominating this set to deal with other Kyogres, since our own won't be too effective against them, especially if they're running coverage that can hit Water, such as Moonblast on Adrian's older PH Kyo or, as someone else suggested, Freeze-Dry. Hence, this set is designed to OHKO 252 HP/252 Def Kyo-P 100% of the time with Bolt Strike while being able to still take boosted attacks.

120+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre: 404-476 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Kyogre-P Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 132 SpD Assault Vest Zekrom: 294-348 (72.7 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Additionally, as someone said, Kyo isn't -ate immune. However, it takes Kyu-W's Boomburst very well, still resists Kyu-B's Fakespeed, and Diancie is weak to Waterspout, so is risky to use. Zekrom likes none of these three, but it can take on Mega-Ray since it is only weak to its occasional use of 1k Arrows/Precipice Blades. Worst case scenario, it takes a hit, Nuzzles it to cripple, and then switches to safety while healing.

252+ Atk Rayquaza-M Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zekrom: 262-310 (64.8 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Aerilate Rayquaza-M Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 132 SpD Assault Vest Zekrom: 123-144 (30.4 - 35.6%) -- 36.6% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Aerilate Rayquaza-M Explosion vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zekrom: 318-375 (78.7 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

120+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 261-307 (63 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Current coverage I've picked is for anti-Imposter. If an Imposter copies the set, it can't really hurt Zekrom and it cannot cripple it with Nuzzle. I also picked Crabhammer to try to catch predicted Groudon-P switch-ins, though this does not work against Desolate Lands variants. However, depending on team make-up, over coverage may be desirable, such as maybe Meteor Mash to try to catch Diancie-M on the switch. Nuzzle is finally there for crippling would be sweepers, especially since Clerics are kind of rare in the current meta. Protean Mewtwo-Y might be scary, but paralyze it and it quickly becomes a joke.

If we pick this set, we'll still need an answer to Desolate Lands Groudon-P, since neither Zekrom nor Kyo-P will want to take it on. Another check for Diancie-M might also be desirable. We may also want something that can eat physical attacks well, since Kyo-P's physical bulk into the best and this Zekrom, while bulky, is focused more on walling special hits.
If I may, I had zekrom for quite a while as a kyogre / mega ray counter and I had a problem with non ph sets as a lot of kyogres run steam eruption.
I also prefer volt tackle over fusion bolt / bolt strike for higher pp wich really matters.

And zekrom still was a very poor counter because of a lot of kyogres running ks

Last edited:
If I may, I had zekrom for quite a while as a kyogre / mega ray counter and I had a problem with non ph sets as a lot of kyogres run steam eruption.
I also prefer volt tackle over fusion bolt / bolt strike for higher pp wich really matters.

And zekrom still was a very poor counter because of a lot of kyogres running ks
Volt Tackle's recoil cuts into Zekrom's bulk considerably, which is undesirable when the margin for taking a boosted hit from one of its intended target is so small. Steam Eruption, while the burn can be annoying, means Kyo-P has to risk a OHKO for a 30% chance at a burn. Too risky unless the player predicts a Zekrom switch-in, and even then it could just invite our own Kyo-P to soak up the hit and laugh at the wasted PP. Also...

-2 120+ Atk Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Still checks after KS. And even then, if King's is a concern, we can just run a non-contact move for it.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Zekrom @ Assault Vest
Lol I was screwing around a lot with regenvest cores and found that Steelix-Mega and Zekrom work well together but that was before Adrian's PH Ogre

Anyway,

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Topsy-Turvy
- Milk Drink
- Volt Switch
- King's Shield

Yes, some of these following calcs include Pokemon that aren't in the calculator but I adjusted the base stats accordingly.

I'm pretty sure it was Piccolo Daimao who said something about this but I actually used it and it worked well.
Right now, we have a Pokemon with sweeping capabilities. It may be Imposter-proof, but what happens if the imposter switches in while Kyogre is weakened? Heatran comes in and has a field day.
+6 252 SpA Kyogre-Primal Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 86-101 (22.2 - 26.1%) -- 11.1% chance to 4HKO
BARELY A 4HKO. So we got that covered. Topsy-Turvy and then Volt Switch out.
But what other uses does Heatran have? Well, it's a very solid Pixilate counter, quad-resisting Fairy. But it can also act as an emergency check to Rayquaza-Mega:

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 103-122 (26.6 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (and King's Shield exists too)
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 144-170 (37.3 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Overall, its 10 resistances/immunties (Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Steel, and Poison) can prove to be an asset in nearly any match, and although its weakness to Ground is very hindering, it can easily be supported by the rest of the team and should be taken seriously for a member of almost any team.

giratina.gif
King of Pringles (Giratina) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD/ 8 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Metal Burst
- Heal Order
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

If we are going for a balanced team we are going to need some walls. Giratina is a mean wall capable of holding off non banded Primal Groudons, No Guards, some Proteans, and can support the team with phasing and rocks. Relaxed and 252 Sp.def helps it just be generally bulky, allowing it to avoid those dreadful 2hkos. Metal Burst is the fun move of this set, allowing you to spit back double the damage you took. This can be quite the surprise for the unexpecting opponent as i am sure you all know. Overall a good set. Only issues are the living hell that are ates

Last edited:
I'm very sure Infestation is Baton Passable. Otherwise, I'd use Spider Web on my Aggron-M set. Someone please clear this up.

Kyogre-P will definitely attract -ates frequently throughout the game, and while it may be easy to predict the switch and destroy them with Water Spout or Ice Beam, every great Balanced Hackmons team must have an extremely reliable -ate counter. I nominate Fur Coat Chansey to fill this role.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk / null Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- Metal Burst
- Heal Order

Fur Coat Chansey is possibly the best stand alone counter to the -ates in the Balanced Hackmons metagame. Its fantastic bulk allows Chansey to wall the -ates and much more; capable of checking some of the most powerful attackers in the current metagame.

The best part about this set is that it's extremely flexible, since all Chansey needs is — yes, you've obviously guessed it: instant recovery. Because Chansey's moveset may be easily altered, it's worth noting that all the moves listed barring Heal Order are open for debate.

Stealth Rock is quite hard to fit into most walls, but luckily for you, Fur Coat Chansey is so fat and furry that you can literally cram random moves into it (not so lucky for Chansey, poor thing :( .) With Chansey's low Speed and amazing bulk, Baton Pass is great for giving momentum to your teammates. Metal Burst is very effective with Pokemon that have large HP stats, and the pink blobs are the Queens of HP. Metal Burst is especially useful against mono-attackers, such as Contrary Mega Rayquaza and Pixilate Mega Diancie.

The EV spread optimises Chansey's matchup against Life Orb Aerilate/Refrigerate/Pixilate Mega Rayquaza, Kyurem-W/B, and Mega Diancie respectively.

• 252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 205-242 (31.9 - 37.6%) -- 93.9% chance to 3HKO
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 277-328 (43.1 - 51%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Mega Mewtwo Y Psystrike vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 294-346 (45.7 - 53.8%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO
  • +6 252+ Atk Slaking Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Fur Coat Chansey: 443-522 (69 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • (No Eviolite) 252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Chansey: 307-361 (47.8 - 56.2%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
  • (No Eviolite) 252+ Atk Life Orb Pixilate Diancie Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Chansey: 281-330 (43.7 - 51.4%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO
  • +2 252+ SpA Refrigerate Kyurem-B Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 313-370 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO

Lol I was screwing around a lot with regenvest cores and found that Steelix-Mega and Zekrom work well together but that was before Adrian's PH Ogre

Anyway,

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Milk Drink
- Volt Switch
- King's Shield

Yes, some of these following calcs include Pokemon that aren't in the calculator but I adjusted the base stats accordingly.

I'm pretty sure it was Piccolo Daimao who said something about this but I actually used it and it worked well.
Right now, we have a Pokemon with sweeping capabilities. It may be Imposter-proof, but what happens if the imposter switches in while Kyogre is weakened? Heatran comes in and has a field day.
+6 252 SpA Kyogre-Primal Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 86-101 (22.2 - 26.1%) -- 11.1% chance to 4HKO
BARELY A 4HKO. So we got that covered. Topsy-Turvy and then Volt Switch out.
But what other uses does Heatran have? Well, it's a very solid Pixilate counter, quad-resisting Fairy. But it can also act as an emergency check to Rayquaza-Mega:

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 103-122 (26.6 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (and King's Shield exists too)
252+ SpA Aerilate Mega Rayquaza Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 144-170 (37.3 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Overall, its 10 resistances/immunties (Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Steel, and Poison) can prove to be an asset in nearly any match, and although its weakness to Ground is very hindering, it can easily be supported by the rest of the team and should be taken seriously for a member of almost any team.
The only thing I have to say is that it personally seems really weird to have a Fire-type Pokemon with a good Special Attack stat and Desolate Land not to have a Fire STAB attack. Perhaps it should be considered if this set wins the vote; however, it also seems like this Heatran really needs those moves to be effective

I'm also requesting to change Kyogre-P's Attack IVs to 0, just for the sake of consistency and perfection Uselesscrab

EDIT: Thanks UC :)

Last edited:

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
The only thing I have to say is that it personally seems really weird to have a Fire-type Pokemon with a good Special Attack stat and Desolate Land not to have a Fire STAB attack. Perhaps it should be considered if this set wins the vote; however, it also seems like this Heatran really needs those moves to be effective

I'm also requesting to change Kyogre-P's Attack IVs to 0, just for the sake of consistency and perfection Uselesscrab
When I first tried this set I had Blue Flare over King's Shield but didn't really like it, switched it to Sacred Fire and only recently switched it back to King's Shield, so that might explain the Attack IVs. But yeah, Blue Flare or Searing Shot could be a good option (or even Magma Storm). Should definitely be taken for consideration.

Will take care of the IVs when I get home

Hi everyone,

Submissions for this period will end on Thursday or Friday, so see if you can get yours in now! (I still need to make my personal submission.)

(sorry for double post)

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Milk Drink
- Volt Switch
- King's Shield
To go off of what Adrian was saying, I'd shy away from Desolate Land in favor of Water Absorb. You can sometimes get free turns because your opponent doesn't know that you're immune to water, unlike DL where it's pretty obvious...

In terms of a teammate, our Ogre would always appreciate an opposing team that's softened up a bit first, because it seems like a later game sweeper, and what better way to soften up teams then the Ogre's land-based hipster-brother, Tinted Lens P-Groudon, shamelessly copy-pasted from Flint's post on creative and underrated sets.

(Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band/Charcoal
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Low Kick
- Stealth Rock
- V-create

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 528-624 (104.7 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyogre: 522-616 (129.2 - 152.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Groudon: 372-440 (92 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Groudon V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Gyarados: 420-494 (106.5 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

To reply to the post above me, why Sacred Fire? Why not Thousand Arrows/Waves to get some Ground STAB in there to kill rogue Heatrans and other Ground-Weak mons?

rortik

Banned deucer.
Registeel:

@ Pecha Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Parting Shot
- Trick
- Roost
- Toxic / Aromatherapy (Not good with PH mons) / Defog

Firstly, if you're going to try to support PH Kyogre, you're going to want-

a) a Magic Bouncer
b) a way to deal with enemy PH mons

This things Trick, though (pun intended), is that it can steal a PH mons' Toxic Orb, replacing it with a Pecha Berry to cure the poison, and leaving our favorite Regi to trick the Toxic Orb on some other pesky mon, usually an Imposter Chansey if I get the chance. Make sure you wait till the PH mon is dead, though, because giving it back the Toxic Orb would not be good. Afterwards, you can use Trick to screw with the enemies' items, which is invaluable against stall teams, and can completely shut down certain mons. Parting shot is an obvious choice for this set, allowing Regi to both cripple sweepers, phaze bouncers, and take hits BEFORE switching out in order to preserve the life of a sweeper. Parting Shot is also a great way to safely activate PH mons' Toxic Orb without allowing the enemy to stop you. The EVs maximize Regi's defenses, leaning towards special as most physical moves tend to be -ate abusers, V-create, or Precipice Blades, and Registeel should never be in on the latter two. Roost can be replaced with Softboiled, Heal Order, Recover, or whatever one fits you best. I personally have never met an Imprison mon with a healing move, but better safe than sorry. Lots of things can go in the last slot. If looking for a more stall oriented team, Toxic is the way to go. I've run Aromatherapy on Regi before, however you don't want to be using this move if possible in conjunction with a PH mon. Defog can also work, but there are usually better mons to fill that role.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
To reply to the post above me, why Sacred Fire? Why not Thousand Arrows/Waves to get some Ground STAB in there to kill rogue Heatrans and other Ground-Weak mons?
Burn chance, which allows it to potentially kill Sturdinja.

Okay, I decided not to submit something of my own for this round. Let's move on to voting for the second stage! (Remember that our current Pokemon is Poison Heal Primal Kyogre.)

unfixable's Refrigerate Kyurem-Black (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-3#post-5918826)

Xmas121's Prankster Registeel (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-3#post-5918916)

DinaIsha's Prankster Mega Aggron (might need to be altered a bit) (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-3#post-5918965)

Deathly The King's Poison Heal Primal Groudon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-4#post-5919945)

aesf's Competitive Mega Metagross (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-4#post-5920070)

motherlove's Multitype Arceus-Steel (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-4#post-5920221)

Rumors's Regenerator Zekrom (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-4#post-5920288)

AWailOfATail's Desolate Land Heatran (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-4#post-5920516)

Kingslayer2779's Poison Heal Giratina (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-4#post-5920640)

Adrian Marin's Fur Coat Chansey (moves can be adjusted) (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-4#post-5921305)

Nike of Samothrace's Tinted Lens Primal Groudon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-4#post-5926567)

rortik's Magic Bounce Registeel (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-4#post-5926879)

In the future, guys, try to make as few slashes as possible for your movesets so that we don't have to spend extra time discussing possible options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)